Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,225 members, 7,884,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:28 AM

CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) - Autos (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) (167950 Views)

CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT @ APAPA TINCAN PORT LAGOS / IMPORT DUTY CHECK here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 11:32pm On Oct 16, 2011
blacksta:

Thanks for the update

You are welcome Sir.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 11:33pm On Oct 16, 2011
Cleared and Delivered.

Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by blacksta(m): 10:13am On Oct 17, 2011
I waiting for my own pictures grin
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
blacksta:

I waiting for my own pictures grin

Very soon Sir!! cool
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2011
cool
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 9:04am On Oct 19, 2011
cool
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 8:31am On Oct 20, 2011
adexfem@yahoo.co.uk. contact us today.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 11:37am On Oct 20, 2011
Conducting 100% Custom Examination at Tincan Island Port.

Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by blacksta(m): 11:46am On Oct 20, 2011
Oga _ Any news -

Thanks
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 11:56am On Oct 20, 2011
blacksta:

Oga _ Any news -

Thanks

Morning Chief, the vessel is yet to berth.
We are still expecting.

Regards.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by blacksta(m): 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2011
adexfem:

Morning Chief, the vessel is yet to berth.
We are still expecting.

Regards.

Na wa for that Vessel sef . From my own understanding it was on the shores of Lagos Yesterday Or what is the process . do vessels anchor waiting to called so they can offload at Tin can island .   Can you recommend a reputable Shipping Vessel from Florida  - I have another vehicle coming shortly after this one. THe suv was my first of many.

Regards
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
blacksta:

Na wa for that Vessel sef . From my own understanding it was on the shores of Lagos Yesterday Or what is the process . do vessels anchor waiting to called so they can offload at Tin can island .   Can you recommend a reputable Shipping Vessel from Florida  - I have another vehicle coming shortly after this one. THe suv was my first of many.

Regards

Most times, they change their ETA like this.I recommend Grimaldi Shipping Line for your subsequent shipments.They are better.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by obiwan1: 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2011
adexfem, sent you an email with an inquiry on clearing costs. Abeg respond once you get a chance.

Cheers
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 7:27am On Oct 21, 2011
obi_wan:

adexfem, sent you an email with an inquiry on clearing costs. Abeg respond once you get a chance.

Cheers

You got a mail.

Thanks.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2011
cool
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by blacksta(m): 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2011
Hello Sir  - How far.  Has Clearing started  can you clear before a vessel berths - Thanks
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2011
blacksta:

Hello Sir  - How far.  Has Clearing started  can you clear before a vessel berths - Thanks

Yes Sir, clearing has started and custom duty has been paid.
Although the vessel is yet to berth, we are fully set.

Regards.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by blacksta(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2011
adexfem:

Yes Sir, clearing has started and custom duty has been paid.
Although the vessel is yet to berth, we are fully set.

Regards.

Thanks - Please make sure i am the first to leave the port grin - Dont want any port rats touching the ride. grin Any idea when that thing go berth
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2011
cool, okay.
They have been giving us several ETAs, but i know the vessel will berth soon.

Thanks.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by 8686(m): 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2011
Dear OP. I drive a 2003 Honda Accord (End of Discussion) which was cleared around February 2009 at Lagos. Unfortunately my house was burgled in December of the same year and vital travel documents along with other valuables were stolen. It wasn't until i plied the Ibadan-Ife route where i met some custom officers on the way and was asked for the custom papers that it clicked that the custom papers of that particular car was among the documents lost to the robbery. I'm the rather meticulous type so i take extra care of the cars i drive because to me cars are not so cheap an investment to misuse so the car still looks like a freshly cleared one. As a matter of fact i've not used the spare tyre that came with the car. Fortunately the officer i met on the way was a complete gentleman and he told me he only allowed me passage because the car was registered in 2009 and had been engraved, otherwise it would have been seized. That baffled me because there was a certain sticker at the passenger window that showed the clearing agent and date it got to the port. To cut the long story short, i contacted my friend whose agent cleared the car anyway and he gave me a man's contact that he could work out a replacement of the custom papers for me since he clears his cars for him at lagos. The man requested for the basic details like VIN, Color, Model, Year etc and charged me 15k. It took about 3days and i was sent the said custom papers, then i was told i was not to keep the original docs in the car (which i already know as this is my third or fourth car) and i started having doubts when he said i was to have the custom papers stamped at the particular local government where i got the plate numbers of the car (which wasn't a big deal to me since it was the licensing office), he then said i had to make sure the stamp reflected February 2009 and that i was to make the photocopied copy in the car look rough so it'll look like its the same all along. I got to the licensing office and those ones told me they don't have anything to do with custom papers. I would really like your advice on what step i should take because i'm a frequent traveller and i don't like being on the other side of the law for any reasons,  I'll really appreciate your advice on this. Have a great day
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by obiwan1: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2011
adexfem:

You got a mail.

Thanks.

Thanks Femi, I have some follow-up questions. Pls check your mail.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by blacksta(m): 9:42am On Oct 24, 2011
Any news - grin
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 10:22am On Oct 24, 2011
8686:

Dear OP. I drive a 2003 Honda Accord (End of Discussion) which was cleared around February 2009 at Lagos. Unfortunately my house was burgled in December of the same year and vital travel documents along with other valuables were stolen. It wasn't until i plied the Ibadan-Ife route where i met some custom officers on the way and was asked for the custom papers that it clicked that the custom papers of that particular car was among the documents lost to the robbery. I'm the rather meticulous type so i take extra care of the cars i drive because to me cars are not so cheap an investment to misuse so the car still looks like a freshly cleared one. As a matter of fact i've not used the spare tyre that came with the car. Fortunately the officer i met on the way was a complete gentleman and he told me he only allowed me passage because the car was registered in 2009 and had been engraved, otherwise it would have been seized. That baffled me because there was a certain sticker at the passenger window that showed the clearing agent and date it got to the port. To cut the long story short, i contacted my friend whose agent cleared the car anyway and he gave me a man's contact that he could work out a replacement of the custom papers for me since he clears his cars for him at lagos. The man requested for the basic details like VIN, Color, Model, Year etc and charged me 15k. It took about 3days and i was sent the said custom papers, then i was told i was not to keep the original docs in the car (which i already know as this is my third or fourth car) and i started having doubts when he said i was to have the custom papers stamped at the particular local government where i got the plate numbers of the car (which wasn't a big deal to me since it was the licensing office), he then said i had to make sure the stamp reflected February 2009 and that i was to make the photocopied copy in the car look rough so it'll look like its the same all along. I got to the licensing office and those ones told me they don't have anything to do with custom papers. I would really like your advice on what step i should take because i'm a frequent traveller and i don't like being on the other side of the law for any reasons,  I'll really appreciate your advice on this. Have a great day

I will firstly say sorry for the loses.

For the fact that your vehicle was cleared in 2009, you should less problems with customs.You should be using only your registration documents.

But because your vehicle still looks new, police and customs will still be disturbing you.Neatness of body and plate number are some of the factors they look in vehicles before stopping them.They even go to the extent of smelling the interior of your vehicle smiley.

I was thinking about you getting a police report/affidavit, but that one might even put you in problem with our police.

I will suggest you continue to use the documents given to you by the agent.You dont need to stamp it at the licensing office.
Although what they told you at the licensing office is not correct, they do stamp custom documents normally.And in Lagos State, they collect original copy of your duty certificate, stamp the photocopy alongside the custom documents.  

Regards.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 10:23am On Oct 24, 2011
blacksta:

Any news - grin

not yet Sir.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
obi_wan:

Thanks Femi, I have some follow-up questions. Pls check your mail.

Sent you an email.

Thanks.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2011
cool cool cool
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by blacksta(m): 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2011
Oga - how far with this people - it has been almost a week since that thing arrived on the shores of Lagos.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by 8686(m): 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2011
I will firstly say sorry for the loses.

For the fact that your vehicle was cleared in 2009, you should less problems with customs.You should be using only your registration documents.

But because your vehicle still looks new, police and customs will still be disturbing you.Neatness of body and plate number are some of the factors they look in vehicles before stopping them.They even go to the extent of smelling the interior of your vehicle Smiley.

I was thinking about you getting a police report/affidavit, but that one might even put you in problem with our police.

I will suggest you continue to use the documents given to you by the agent.You dont need to stamp it at the licensing office.
Although what they told you at the licensing office is not correct, they do stamp custom documents normally.And in Lagos State, they collect original copy of your duty certificate, stamp the photocopy alongside the custom documents.

Regards.

Thanks for your message and advice, by GODS grace when there's a need in d future for such services as clearing n all, i'll contact you. Appreciate it. Bless
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 6:35pm On Oct 26, 2011
blacksta:

Oga - how far with this people - it has been almost a week since that thing arrived on the shores of Lagos.

No news yet Sir.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 6:36pm On Oct 26, 2011
8686:

Thanks for your message and advice, by GODS grace when there's a need in d future for such services as clearing n all, i'll contact you. Appreciate it. Bless

You are most welcomed Sir.
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by adexfem(m): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2011
adexfem@yahoo.co.uk. contact us today
Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by blacksta(m): 10:06am On Oct 28, 2011
Hi

Called the US shipping company yesterday was told due to port congestion unloading should start today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (120) (Reply)

CUSTOMS AGENT IN NIGERIA @ ANY PORTS / Classic Autos Available In Cotonuo..See Pictures of different cars i bought. / Affordable Original Honda Car Parts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.