Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,399 members, 7,978,272 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:37 AM

First Lady Takes Off To Europe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Lady Takes Off To Europe (12714 Views)

Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Takes Off / The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! / Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by ismhab(m): 11:27am On Jan 13, 2012
# May she never return to nigeria alive
# may she follow stella to world of no return
# may her husband and PDP become history in nigeria
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by stagger: 11:40am On Jan 13, 2012
The State House Medical Centre bought 2 dialysis machines at a time when some teaching hospitals do not have.

The President of Argentina has a surgery on her thyroid cancer right in her country. Our own dey go abroad.

Na God go punish them all for squandering our money!
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by gulfer: 11:42am On Jan 13, 2012
9ja-ninja:

she had to travel to go see her doctors , hiss if we had better medical facilities and equipments in nigeria she wouldnt have to travel out every time she has a cold. thats how i went to complain in hospital and they told me to go home and eat water-melon, thank God the malaria did not kill me.
You guys do not just get it. She has gone to cure her grammar sickness; the reason she has never gone on air to make a statement since the beginning of the Fuel strike palava.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by tboy11(m): 11:45am On Jan 13, 2012
Na our money patiance dey spend so.
I will cut down overseas travel- GEJ indeed. Ati ko ifa nile ifa ti n se. God help us all
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by uhuns: 11:45am On Jan 13, 2012
@ jp phillips----------you made my day, how i wish guys can be this detailed in reporting. hope to get your e-address some day.

however,  am yet to see anyone couter your write up-----thats sad or have you said the whole truth,,,, haba i dont be leave this,or would you moved the write up to a topic on its own.

cause i can see that most talkers and writers on this matter both on the tv and print media are not technically competent on this stuff all they have is ability to say one this in many ways,
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by tboy11(m): 11:47am On Jan 13, 2012
gulfer:

You guys do not just get it. She has gone to cure her grammar sickness; the reason she has never gone on air to make a statement since the beginning of the Fuel strike palava.
abi she beta cure herself b4 she scatter our head with bomb
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by Tinyemeka(m): 11:48am On Jan 13, 2012
What's this about the security detail threatening the Immigration Officer with a drawn hand-gun? Hmm, Power can make people really sick.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by LogicMind: 11:50am On Jan 13, 2012

Daily Post was told that Dame Jonathan’s bodyguard insisted that the passport should be stamped immediately by the officer. When the Immigration officer refused to yield, the bodyguard allegedly pulled out a service revolver and ordered her to stamp the passport.

Lies. Lies and lies. When you don't have a story, invent one.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by nanidee(f): 11:52am On Jan 13, 2012
What about the millions allocated to aso-rock for health care

Still not good enough? **smh**
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by Otseh: 11:56am On Jan 13, 2012
this is leadership of oppression. many people have been in airports since monday without flight, but the president's wife can fly. why cann't they put our hospitals in place so that she can treat herself in Nigeria. it's time for Nigeria leaders to lead us properly.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by friedrice1: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2012
Where's the Nigerian Liberties Org.? it's time to trace her locations and shut down the hospital with calls and Protests,
Occupy Naija UK, over to you.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2012
ismhab:

ismhab:

AMEN AMEN AMEN, AMIN AMIN AMIN, ISE ISE ISE, Please wetin be amen in hausa?
Whatever it is three times three times, three times.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by iykak47: 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2012
ismhab:

How would that solve all your problems,
you really deserve hot slap for posting ruuubbbish.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by Nnamsco4real: 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2012
pray for your leaders rather than curse them
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by joelala(m): 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2012
Abacha and mariam went into aso rock, only mariam came out, obasanjo and stella went, only OBJ came out, Yardua and turai went, only turai came out, now Badluck and Dame, its now the woman turn, i pray she never returns. tongue
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by Pain(m): 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2012
I heard she went for plastic surgery shocked
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by jamace(m): 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2012
She no dey shame? She dey run go anoda president's country for medical treatment and she is the wife of president of nigeria. Shame.

May karma repay all of dem.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by hercules07: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2012
@JP Phillips

The whole of your tirade is against Sanusi, the only man who has spoken the truth about the scam going on in the Oil subsidy business and the man that assured that bankers still had a job, if you knew what Soludo's tolerance did to the banking sector, you will not be typing this rubbish, is Obama also responsible for the recession in the US?
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by oiki: 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2012
When will yah all learn that curses never affects those who you direct it to, except of course they want it to! If you curse someone, u curse yourself and thats that. A word is enough for the wise and the not so wise smiley
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2012
Despite all the money allocated to Aso clinic ? I pray she doesnt come back like Stella.na that tummy tuck surgery go kill her.useless vagabonds !
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by flex12(m): 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2012
They budgeted money millions for state house clinic and they are still going for foreign medical checkups, useless people
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by bigtt76(f): 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2012
Una lock all markets her only option na to fly out go Peckham Uk to go buy soup ingredients. 1 billion for feeding no be small tin. Requires enuf junketing abroad to fully implement am. As for the body guard , e de part of the 1 billion n
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by safarigirl(f): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2012
Bunch ☺₣ unrepentant f00ls! People are protesting due to their insensitivity ǡŋ₫ that illiterate is taking silly medical trips to Europe. May they live to suffer what Nigerians are suffering.

Diverting from the topic: Pls people should try to summarize their posts. Don't expect people to read your epistles
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by Piechart(f): 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2012
flex12:

They budgeted money millions for state house clinic and they are still going for foreign medical checkups, useless people

that's tfare for going to the clinic. did they tell you that they would go to the state house clinic that is inside aso rock? make them no forget scissors inside her overfed belly o.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by forkadict(m): 1:30pm On Jan 13, 2012
QUOTE FROM JP PHILIPS MY RESPONSE IN RED
[b]One big problem of Nigerians is our inability to scrutinize people’s pedigree.
Look at president Jonathan for instance, this is a man with zero success story as both deputy and Gov. of bayelsa state, zero success story as both vice and acting president yet Nigerians delude themselves he is the messiah even when it was clear that unscrupulous people were donating to his campaign, we still believed he will take us to the promised land on luck.  I agree with you absolutely on this.

Let us talk about this mystic economic team Jonathan put together, who are these people?
I for one have no bias against any public official in which ever capacity but I have zero tolerance for incompetence. Same with me.

Has sanusi’s economic model ever worked in this country? Which economic school of thought does he belong to and what is his mission in this country?
I asked this because I am an ardent follower of events in our economic sphere and have never been shy to put Sanusi’s parlance and pragmatism of economic solutions to a test, but as I speak, sanusi’s economic agenda eludes me.     That you do not understand the school of thought he belongs to does not mean anything. He has recorded some landmark achievements. He cleaned up the banking sector which until his assumption of office as the centrakl bank governor was just as corrupt as the oil sector. Who knew the atrocities Cecilia Ibru, Erastus Akingbola et al were committing with depositor's funds before Sanusi came on board? I ask you JP philips, did you have the smallest clue about the evil those guys were perpetrating? I guess not! Did you have the faintest idea that most of the banks we had before he came on board were sick? Oceanic bank? Intercontinental bank Union bank of all banks??Please give a sincere response.

Second, this was the same guy that challenged the National assembly by telling them to their forking faces that they consumed a huge percentage (i cant remember specifically the figure now) of the budget. I ask you again, did you have an idea of the percentage of our budget those goons and parasites in NASS consumed before he (Sanusi) came on board? Again i guess not. Furthermore, he was summoned by the same thieves and was asked to apologise for telling the truth and he refused. Tell me, JP how many nigerians are that truthful and bold? Your guess is as good as mine

This is a man who inherited a banking sector which according to Business day 2006 edition averred that “for every five Nigerians with a good job, three are bankers”.
Today, we have a Sanusi who in his usual voodoo economic jingoism has created more unemployment and inefficiency in the banking sector than the military junta.
Who is this man Sanusi?   How has he created more inefficiencies? Please be specific. Besides, you can not hold him responsible for the mass retrenchment that followed his cleaning up the banking sector. He only came and projected the true situation of things in the banks and when the banks realised that they were not as buoyant as they thought and as they made us believe, they had to let go some of their staff. This is only natural and you can not hold him responsible. Imagine if you had your own business and you employed 10 staff. Imagine after an audit of your report, you came to realise that you werent strong enough financially to employ 10 people and that you could only employ 5. Would you keep holding on to the ten people? Please be objective here.

In the words of his predecessor who consolidated these banks, “the banks were more financially robust” and doing bigger business but along the line something happened.
There was partial deregulation and the cost of diesel went all time high and very scarce, some of those companies who took loans from the banks were running high over head cost and couldn’t survive the tsunami of events that followed,
Job cuts, and eventual closure was the case. During the last days of chukwuma soludo, the businesses were already down so no way to repay the bank loans.
The banks were stranded but soludo applied wisdom, in his words ‘’ decision making in the banking system must carry the instrument of perception along’’ and that was exactly what he did, he quickly created an EDW whereby the near distressed banks could quietly access Govt. loans to revive their institutions hoping to keep people’s confidence in tact while the banks gradually recover.
Here comes our Sanusi with his usual economic parlance and political jingoism.
Destroyed the first instrument of perception which soludo fought so hard to preserve by coming on National television to announce that those banks are not healthy. Till date, we lost one of the most viable sectors of this economy; we lost meaningful employments and international confidence in our banking institutions in its entity, thanks to Sanusi’s voodoo economic theories and mystic economic solutions.
I ask again; who is this Man Sanusi and his mission in this country? Guy, was it not the same soludo that said publicly that nigerian economy was immune to the global recession a few years ago? Do you own equities in the stock market? FYI many peoples life savings are trapped there just because they had confidence in the picture soludo painted. Many would have simply diverted their investments but chose not to because they believed soludo when he said that the nigerian economy was immune to the global recession.But we all know what the true picture is now.

I leave you to be the judge of preceding events from Sanusi’s actions. After consulting his economic oracle, he boldly told Nigerians that the way forward is to bail out the banks (which he destroyed) and SME’s (small and medium scale enterprise) hoping that they will bounce back in business to repay the bank loans.
Till date, Sanusi has not given Nigerians the progress report of those bailed out banks and SME’s especially those in the textile business.
Today, by throwing his weight behind full deregulation in the downstream sector simply tells me that Sanusi’s witch doctor did not tell him exactly which economic formula destroyed his banks. Perhaps he thought that his SME ‘’palliative’’ was good enough for miserable Nigerians who don’t mind trading a permanent position job for a contract job which was what his SME’s were offering or rather, our employments for underemployment.
This is a man that ignores the basic on ground economic theories that work in the country for some mystic economic solutions.
That begs the question; should you deregulate fully the downstream sector, what becomes of those SME’s and how do they repay the loans you gave to them considering that energy cost and inflation will triple their over head cost? Or has his voodoo economic solution already categorized them as mere collateral damage in his economic reform agenda?
Let us analyze some of sanusi’s Hennessey inspired economic formulae.
First he said that by withdrawing subsidy they have destroyed corruption and broken the financial bones of the ‘’cabal’’ benefitting from this subsidy regime, is this really true?
If the landing cost of PMS is about 110naira and government’s inefficiency bloats it to 141naira (ofcourse, storage,transportation,deumurrage etc as enshrined into the subsidy are all Govts ineptitude).
“Citeris paribus” under the subsidy program, a marketer earns 110-65 (ie if ideally Govt clean their mess)
And without subsidy, a marketer makes 220,180,165-110 who exactly did this economic magician break their finances? Because what I see in my economics kwashiorkor is Govt transferring the burden of import deficit to the people not the marketers losing money like sanusi claims.
Secondly, his liquor economics made him believe that he will save money in the face of spiral inflation, and went ahead to justify the inflation saying it is by a little fraction not more than 10% increase, lol. What indices did this acclaimed “pundit” use in measuring this?
In an economy without a functional price regulatory agency and a comatose standard organization with shabby police officers? In an economy where everybody is his own LGA and can fix rates with impunity? What drives this man’s economic sagacity? Witch craft?
Thirdly,
Sanusi is consistently lying to Nigerians that an increase in pump price will attract investors to build refineries; this is the verge where I think sanusi should go back to school.
SLS is not enlightened enough to understand why there was an exodus of indigenous American companies between 1998 to 2008 to Asia and Africa, reason; COST OF DOING BUISNESS or better put, UNFAVOURABLE BUISNESS CLIMATE.
With unfavorable tax laws, incessant labor wage reviews and land acquisition challenges, most companies couldn’t survive and they left US en masse conversely, land grab in Africa and cheap labor in Asia became viable alternatives.
Today, a drunk CBN governor in his usual rhetoric, capitalizing on the chasm of academic deficiency of average Nigerians is proposing that increase in pump price which will directly translate to high energy cost (in a generator driven economy), spiral inflation and high cost of labor will attract foreign investors to build refineries. Is it not ridiculous? FYI i have always been of the opinion that this subsidy removal sheet is way too premature. Many things should have been in place before talking about deregulation e.g fighting corruption in the oil sector, improving power generation considerably, etc So in a way, i might agree with you here. But in another sense, i will disagree with you cos i did my IT in Kaduna refinery and my NYSC in Warri refinery. Now, i work in a multinational manufacturing company and i tell you for a fact that all these companies generate their own power. Given the naija power factor, this is a normal thing. Energy cost in any manufacturing endeavor is simply passed on to the consumer so if investors want to set up refineries, they very well can if the price at which they will sell will cover their energy costs. The major reasons why we do not have private refineries is because it is not possible to refine crude and sell at N65 per litre and still make profit. We have argued this extensively before on another thread.

What kind of voodoo economic theory is that?
sanusi quickly forgot to tell Nigerians that their existing refineries even at a disappointing output is subsidized.
Mr Sanusi should have asked himself, when we deregulated diesel, did we attract heavy duty companies, diesel refineries and why?
According to his business model, I was expecting that after the deregulation of diesel, we would have had companies like CAT,Ingersollrand,Volvo,Ebara,bosh,Groove,Capco etc even refineries enhanced to produce more of Diesel with limited petroleum by products relocating their plants to Nigeria to benefit from our diesel profitable market. But in reality, that wasn’t the case and i will explain why;
Take shell for example, the presence of SPDC in portharcourt has given rise to a plethora of servicing companies rendering one or two services to shell and that is how it works. These servicing companies are equally employers of labor.

Does sanusi think that the refining companies will be servicing themselves? Is that possible? When you destroy the business environment for these smaller servicing companies to thrive, how exactly do you want the refining companies to thrive? For the few that will survive, at what cost will they render their services? Shouldn’t the investors consider these in their feasibility studies?
How will they cope? If at all it works, most components and services are definitely going to be outsourced to neighboring countries creating jobs for Ghanaians and Nigerians than Nigeria.

Some servicing companies will rather relocate to nearby countries and leave skeletal operations here in Nigeria just to stay in business; sanusi will end up exporting services elsewhere.

I am deeply ashamed and embarrassed at the caliber of people that take decisions for this nation.
I say it for the umpteenth time; we don’t need to create problems to solve problems, what we need is to ensure that Nigeria has cheaper oil on ground, that will attract investors as against sanusi’s high pump price economic theory which will breed inflation and closure of smaller companies.

The IOC’s (international oil companies) operating in Nigeria has told us that it takes less than 12 usd to extract 1bbl of our crude oil.

Why is sanusi not thinking of creating a solution from that angle? if NPDC can guarantee us just 150,000bbl/d of this cheap crude at less than 12usd, the market will be attractive, add refining cost and other cost to push it to about 22usd/bbl a pms of 30naira per litre will be achievable from these refineries and inflation will reduce by over 40%.leaving us with a plethora of servicing companies which will translate to more jobs.
Is this too much for Madueke and Sanusi to sit and figure out? Other than their inflation marred solution.   What you are suggesting here is against the basic principle of deregulation. YOU DO NOT FIX PRICES WHEN YOU SAY YOU WANT TO DEREGULATE A SECTOR OF AN ECONOMY. Refineries should buy crude oil at the prevailing price at the international or at best they should buy at a minimal discount. The pump price of petrol whem the downstream sector is fully deregulated will be around N150 per litre given the selling price of crude oil at $100 per barrel. Imagine if a few years from now, many countries discover huge crude oil deposits and peace reigns in the middle east forcing crude oil prices to crash to say $50 per barrel. Do you think that we will still buy petrol for N150 per litre? My point is in a deregulated sector of an economy, you let the market forces dictate prices.

Lastly

Sanusi lied that the subsidy reinjection fund will be used to build refineries; I can’t help but pity his unrealistic mystic economic solutions.
How much is the FG’s cut in the SURE fund? Less than 600billion, what kind of refinery will that build? I hope sanusi is not confusing refineries for fuel dispensing stations or are we heading for another IMF/world bank debt burden? I don’t just get it.   FYI i dont trust this government for anything and on anything. But if i were to take Sanusi's word for it, guy it is possible. Sanusi is not saying that he will build refineries in 1 year? Common. What is wrong in setting aside say N150 billion per year for the next 3 years? And who knows, nigerians and their sentimental, perverted, tribalistic and myopic thinking may re-elect Jona in 2015. If that happens, (God forbid), then it means that we will set aside N150 billion per year for 6 years. Now tell me if we cant build medium scale refineries that will refine 200000 barrels of crude oil per day with that amount of money. I am only checking facts here. But given the level of trust i have for this govt and the level of corruption in naija right now, i dont believe sanusi. They are 2 different things.

Where will this SURE funding appear from? I didn’t see it in the 2012 budget proposal, is it right to increase the suffering of the Nigerian people and go back and implement your constitutional annual budget?
Where is sanusi going to get the crude oil to supply these refineries? From the little we make from our JV? I hope this man is not taking us for a ride?
This same crude we use to implement our budget? Which sells at international price? This man is cynical.
How did we end up with two monsters sanusi lamido sanusi and Allison Madueke at the same time?
I can see a pattern in Sanusi’s line of thought;
if a bank is performing poorly, CLOSE IT DOWN
If the subsidy regime is performing poorly; SCRAP IT.
Can Nigerians please help me ask Sanusi if it is a crime to proffer real economic solutions to economic challenges other than throwing away the child with the bath water?
Should we fold our hands and watch our Economic magician Sanusi scrap the economic foundation of our survival?
Sanusi and Allison madueke are doing a great disservice to this nation though I don’t expect Mr. President to fire them because he is too incompetent to read the hand writings on the wall.

Maguy, i don tire. I understand perfectly how you feel on these prevailing national issues but i advise you to always avoid lenghty posts. I know how much time it has taken me to put this response up. Its not an exercise i look forward to anytime soon. It really pays to keep posts short and simple. Lenghty posts at a go wear me down. Nothing wrong in posting multiple times. That way, you subject your post to more scrutiny unless if you want to discourage that by putting up long posts. And if you are sure of your facts and have nothing to hide, there's really no reason not to subject your posts to any amount of scrutiny possible.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by 9janinja1(f): 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2012
lucenzo:

He problem with Nigeria is that most of it‘s are first class hypocrites. If you are the president and your wife the first lady suddenly takes ill, would you not demand the best for her.

i probably would but not at times like this, nigeria is very unstable and the last thing they need is to draw more attention to themselves by touring the world in the name of seeking medical checkup. i do not wish her ill luck though.  i hope she comes back feeling better.

gulfer:

i personally feel english is not my father's language and not compulsory though i must say she's kinda is the first lady and should know how to speak it properly , oh well not my head ache
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by ideylaff: 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2012
she had to travel to go see her doctors

The story is not complete "she had to travel to go see her doctors " where she will be injected with/to ?  Bastards,

see the line "her doctors",  that bush girl dey use awa money go see foreign doctor

Please spell cyanide for me please NL's,

No ooo I did not say 1st lady shld be injected ooooo hmmmmmm
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by cantell(m): 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2012
ideylaff:

The story is not complete "she had to travel to go see her doctors " where she will be injected to ?  Bastards,

see the line "her doctors",  that bush girl dey use awa money go see foreign doctor

Laugh wan kill me die!
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by hercules07: 2:09pm On Jan 13, 2012
Bravo fork addict, bravo.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by slam7000(m): 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2012
If the harassment of the immigration officer by one of her bodyguard is true,then its so unfortunate and hasnt done her credibility any good considering the headache her hubby is going thru at the moment.Her oversea medical trip is just a waste of tax payers money, with her height and massive weight problem and very high BMI,all she needs to do is reduce what goes into her mouth and make effort and take a walk or run(jogging)it,ll do her a lot of good, but like some naija women with lots of servants at her beck and call,,she,ll be too lazy to help her self by doing some house hold chores, her voice has been been changing since she started accumulating lots of cholesterol abi na bad unrefined crude oil.
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2012
"He [/b]problem with Nigeria is that most of [b]it‘s are first class hypocrites. If you are the president and your wife the first lady suddenly takes ill, would you not demand the best for her."

LMAO! Kilode? Are you related to Dame 'Dash to Europe' Jonathan?
Re: First Lady Takes Off To Europe by velo10: 3:21pm On Jan 13, 2012
Let her stay there for awhile so she can spare us some grammatical blunder

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Total Commences $15bn Egina Project / Tension As APC Senators Moving To National Assembly To Elect Another President / 2019: Why I Want To Be Nigeria’s President – Sule Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.