Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,625 members, 7,921,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 11:18 PM

Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? (6279 Views)

Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by Dyt(f): 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2012
ova hrd sm1 smtym sayi he cant allow his sons use a toy gun cos he s got a gun
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by UyiIredia(m): 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2012
Nothing wrong with it. As a matter of fact, it can present an opportunity to impart some invaluable lessons to your kids on the place of guns in the society.
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by wewe1(m): 4:24pm On Feb 08, 2012
When i was a little boy i used to have different kinds of gun, now that i am older it hasnt made me think of having a real gun, It hasnt made me to misbehave in anyway or think of kill anybody. Most of our security operatives and armed robbers never had a toy gun. So what are we talking about? The kind of stunt i pull on NFS most wanted on Ps3 , i never dare it while driving my car Lol.
Out of my many guns, I love water gun. Even as old as i am. I bought water gun for my neighbour's kid last xmas and sometimes I run around with him in the compound. Even my lil girl always enjoy the game. Just waiting for her to get older and i will buy us water guns with external storage tank Strap to my back, lol
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by otokx(m): 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2012
No
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by kizito96(m): 4:32pm On Feb 08, 2012
Yes i will buy a toy gun for my son to prepare him for any eventuality arising from Nigeria break up and the boko haram of our time
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by Parnassuss(m): 4:47pm On Feb 08, 2012
Toy guns are toys. Kids can tell. If my kid wants a toy gun I'd gladly buy it. If he wants a barbie doll then I'd have some serious headaches
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by sunkoye: 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2012
with the situation we found ourselves in Nigeria, i believe the adult need it more for practice sef! cheesy
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2012
Yes I don't see it as a big deal at all.

People need to get over it.
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by itoldu: 5:15pm On Feb 08, 2012
toy guns won't sell that much nowadays. so why bother. Here is the in-thing:
Buy toy hand-grenades and toy bombs for your kids so they can play BK and FG. LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 08, 2012
rokiatu:

Yes I don't see it as a big deal at all.

People need to get over it.

People dont [b]need [/b]to get over it. It's a matter of personal "moral" , not something that needs to be addressed.
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by jude33084(m): 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2012
Where can i buy a toy bomb? I need it.
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 08, 2012
If ma son be like akamu, i'll whoop his ass!, I'd even get my son a real gun at a certain age, He could save d family sumday, bt of course, i must be convinced.
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by gaddafe(m): 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2012
All of you saying no no no. Would your son not be in any social gathering such as the school; where you have no knowledge of whats actually going on. The bottom line is understand your kids and always gist with them. As an educational psychologist i can tell you that it is bad and can sometimes become dangerous for you prevent your kids from something they derive pleasure in.

Personally as a kid growing up i love toy guns. As i sit here typing, i have a live and real Ak45 under my bed.
Of all the kids that grew up with me and played with toy guns, i'm the only one that still have interest  in real guns. Based on my personal experience in life.

If you found out your kid loves toy guns, how would you stop him? What you love is what you love. If the kid finds out you object to him playing with toy guns, he might still continue playing with it without your knowledge. Do not forget that most of the things a kid learns it picks from it's peers.
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by modavi: 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2012
y should i buy such gift for my child, as time goes on,he might just be too inquisitive n wld want the real one, u know children n there inquisitive nature. wink
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by DisGuy: 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2012
modavi:

y should i buy such gift for my child, as time goes on,he might just be too inquisitive n wld want the real one, u know children n there inquisitive nature. wink

if that's the case everyone would have had one!!

very soon, parents will be hiding the fork and knife from kids cause they might just be too inquisitive.#
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 08, 2012
Why not?

They bought me loads of toy guns and I never shoot person yet.
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by lastpage: 1:17am On Feb 09, 2012
Growing-Up, every Newspaper in my house always ends up as one form of gun or the other (We can make the long barrel of a rifle with paper and attach it to a Pistol made from Paper also! grin )

We even made military type of head-gear with paper.
We watched enough western movies (Dan Blocker, Micheal Landon, Pinier Roberts, Long Green ---- am l speaking to some weird old folks in da house? wink )

We played "Cops and Robbers", especially during long holidays.

My own Children play "Mortal Combat" on about any electronic media device you can think of.

The boys wont even accept any Toy gun that does not look an feel "real'.

Thing is, l would rather they "get used to it" in a "guided manner" than turn out to be some dumb ignorant adult in future!

All my children are trained in one form of Martial Arts or the other but even at that, they seriously abhor any form of violence ( would never fight in public though they can more than adequately defend themselves if they are cornered and cant avoid the confrontation, as a last option)

I will be horrified if my ten year old son does not show any form of interest in the girl next door!

Tufuakwa, Who wan born mumu?

Like Daddy, like son ,, , , Sharp-sharp, all the way! wink grin

Lastpage.

BTW: Guns dont kill, people (humans) do!
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by segebaba2(m): 8:25am On Feb 09, 2012
I totally support kokoye's opinion on this issue.Children should be educated abt things around them.The idea of shieldin
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by snthesis(m): 8:25am On Feb 09, 2012
MRBROWNJAY:

whats next? dont buy your kid a superman/spiderman suit because he may jump out the window in the future, thinking he can fly?#

actually thot i cud fly as a kid- and i tried ended up in d emergencyroom grin grin grin
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by Toyins(f): 10:32am On Feb 09, 2012
I will not allow toy gun in my house. He was given a toy gun sometimes ago but we returned it for a better toy.
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by waterworks(f): 5:56am On Feb 10, 2012
yes i can i wont go out of my way to buy a lot of them but i wont say no either. i played with toy guns when i was a kid name it space guns the small india ones, and especially the water guns! it hasnt made me violent and it hasnt made me like real guns. same goes for my two brothers. you train your children not the toys. shielding ur children from all those thgns will only make them more curious about it. if they are not restricted from it they wiull play with it and eventually grow out of it but if not? it could be one of those things they have great interest in because they feel they never had it!
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 10, 2012
I once heard the story about a 9-year old boy who found a loaded gun suspected to be hidden by robbers, and while playing 'war' with it, one of his classmates was shot dead! shocked shocked

I dont know sha, but I think toy guns should not be encouraged. Children should not even be allowed to play 'war'. It's ugly!
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by queensmith: 9:00pm On Feb 10, 2012
you can get a water gun! their fun!

I see why some may object to it, I personally dont think theres anything wrong even game consoles have all sorts of nonsense for games that will send any mother screaming in horror.

I won't go out of my way to buy it, but if someone else buys one for her i'll allow it.
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 11, 2012
I know a family that didnt allow their young son to have toy guns.Since he was very talented with legos, he just built himself some amazing looking lego guns! I found that rather amusing!
Ive seen many men around here give their sons guns and teach them how to use them for sport. They shoot cans, or gophers if theyre on farms,or go hunting. Kinda a different view on guns I guess rather than war game stuff. I personally dont like them though for any reason.
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by Ndipe(m): 2:26am On Dec 30, 2015
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by DisGuy: 2:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
Within two seconds of arriving on the scene, Loehmann fired two shots before the zone car had come to a halt,[8][9] hitting Rice once in the torso.[2][10] Neither officer administered any first aid to Rice

just one incident...

this is just piss poor policing and general state of USA security attitude
Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by Grineriastore: 9:30am On Jan 12, 2019
Grineria Toy Store, Your home of best quality indoor and outdoor Playground equipment/accessories be it for Homes, Schools, Amusement Parks, Events, Kiddies Fair and Outdoor Parties.

We have in store a good number of play equipment/Toys ideal for all kinds of Events and Outdoor Activities such as Merry Go Round, Bouncing Castles, See-Saw, Double and Single Playground House, Kids Playpen/Fence, Kids Swing and Double Swing, Basketball Hoop, Slides, LEGO Toys, Kids Goal Post, Display Hanger, Book Shelf and a number of other amazing playground equipment all these and more are made available on Grineria Store.

We delight in serving our customers/Clients better and as such we have ensured that we maintain a swift delivery of our playground equipment for our customers.

For more details and enquiry Kindly reach us on 08086109104.

Re: Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? by MacDanMc: 6:48am On Sep 13, 2021
I don't see any problem buying toy guns for my kids, there is a big difference between a toy gun and a real one, if we are talking about nerf guns. I, for example, bought for my little son a nerf gun for 2 year old boy and he likes it a lot. I think it is very important to explain them that is bad to hurt someone. He uses it the most to shoot in something than in someone, even if in the weekend we organize some wars with nerf guns which is real fun. I think we need to talk here more about the education we give to our children than the toys we buy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Mother Reacts After Seeing This Her Daugther's Latest Whatsapp Photo / My Story- I Came, I Saw And How It Ended / I Want A Sugar Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.