Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,921 members, 7,969,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:52 PM

Web Design/develop Software Advice? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design/develop Software Advice? (838 Views)

Awoof! Design, Develop And Launch Your Website For Absolutely Free / WEBLOOKS.CSS A New Way To Design+develop Easily / Design/develop Your Website @ Lower Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Design/develop Software Advice? by Tawnee: 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2007
I need to design and develop a website. I need to be able to include a section for online courses, that require a password login with test questions that spit you back to the beginning if you answer incorrectly. Any suggestions on a good program I could use? I've done very minimal html and only used FrontPage (I know, don't laugh, ) but I'm willing to learn new stuff, I just don't know which direction best suits my needs.
Thanks in advance for any advice/info
Tawnee
Re: Web Design/develop Software Advice? by Afam(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2007
Learn PHP. You can't go wrong with PHP.
Re: Web Design/develop Software Advice? by xanadu: 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2007
Exactly. @Tawnee, PHP is the way to go - in combination with a MySQL database, you have a winning team.
Re: Web Design/develop Software Advice? by Tawnee: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2007
Thanks,
Guess I have lot's to do, Wish me luck
Re: Web Design/develop Software Advice? by xanadu: 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2007
Goodluck, have fun!
Re: Web Design/develop Software Advice? by Afam(m): 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2007
Tawnee:

Thanks,
Guess I have lot's to do, Wish me luck

Good luck.
Re: Web Design/develop Software Advice? by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Oct 08, 2007
Tawnee:

I need to design and develop a website. I need to be able to include a section for online courses, that require a password login with test questions that spit you back to the beginning if you answer incorrectly. Any suggestions on a good program I could use? I've done very minimal html and only used FrontPage (I know, don't laugh, ) but I'm willing to learn new stuff, I just don't know which direction best suits my needs.
Thanks in advance for any advice/info
Tawnee

Since you already have some experience working with Frontpage and HTML, I would say you learn ASP.NET and then from there you can put together a website using the many video tutorials on this site www.asp.net . The Videos show you how to do everything from building your site, Membership authentication, building your DB, connecting and using each Control available. YOu even get to learn how to use ajax to spice up your site and the videos are free.
Re: Web Design/develop Software Advice? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2007
Hey whats up can u tell me which is better to learn php,css,asp,jsp or do ihave to learn all.i have good knowledge in frontpage and html coding but i do think css is neccessary.oops i forgot to say i have a good knowledge in flash
Re: Web Design/develop Software Advice? by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2007
Learn whichever one you find that you are able to learn. and then when you are good in one, you can move on to learn other ones you want to.
Re: Web Design/develop Software Advice? by greatdbanj: 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2007
I think dreamweaver, fireworks is ok
Re: Web Design/develop Software Advice? by aphoe(m): 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2007
i like to know more about your project, May be i can join you as a partner to work on the project

in the mean time i think you should learn PHP. since it is an Opne source language, you get richer resources freely

(1) (Reply)

Need A Reliable Webhost / How To Monetize Your Website / Web-santa Claus Is In Town Now:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.