Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,906 members, 7,938,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria (6535 Views)

Arase Issues Final Warning To Pro-Biafra Prostesters / US Issues Travel Alert On Nigeria / Wikileaks : FG Offered Foreign Govts Full Access To Citizens Biometric Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 15, 2012
The United States has issued a fresh travel warning on Nigeria citing the recent declaration of state of emergency in some states by President Goodluck Jonathan and the protests trailing the removal of fuel subsidy.

The new warning, which was issued by the State Department, was dated January 12 and replace that of October 13, 2011.

US citizens were not only warned against travelling to Nigeria, they were also cautioned not to travel to 10 states of the federation and the Gulf of Guinea because of the risks of kidnapping, robbery, and other armed attacks.

The 10 states are Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Rivers, Abia, Edo, Imo, Plateau, Bauchi and Borno.

The US said with the state of emergency declared in four northern states following attacks by Boko Haram, the military now has sweeping powers to search and arrest without warrants.

It also said the nationwide strike over subsidy removal has raised concern over security and led to the disruption of international flights .

The travel warning recalled the attacks by Boko Haram in some northern states and kidnapping in some southern states, adding that these have made travelling to some parts of the country riskier.

According to the US, from January 2009 to November 2010, over 140 foreigners had been kidnapped in Nigeria, including seven US citizens while six of them were killed during these abductions.

Noting that the risk of additional attacks against Western targets in Nigeria remains high, US said, "Travel by foreigners to areas considered by the Nigerian government to be conflict areas without prior consultation and coordination with local security authorities is not recommended."

On the Gulf of Guinea, it cited regular reports of piracy and armed gangs boarding both commercial and private vessels to rob travellers, adding that, "The Nigerian Navy has limited capacity to respond to criminal acts at sea."
http://world.myjoyonline.com/pages/nigeria/201201/79831.php
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:41am On Jan 15, 2012
Na today? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by khalids: 10:27am On Jan 15, 2012
Why is this even a topic, what's our business with what the US tells its citizen, abeg lets talk about more important things like fuel subsidy and its impact on our lives,
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by eghost247(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2012
that's what a good country does
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 15, 2012
What are Americans even doing in Nigeria. I love Chinese more than these guys with overbloated ego
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by stagger: 11:36am On Jan 15, 2012
LeoMax:

What are Americans even doing in Nigeria. I love Chinese more than these guys with overbloated ego

Thank you my brother.

Americans act like they are more superior to God. Cocky and arrogant set of people! Please, let them leave Nigeria and stop contaminating the air here.
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by solomon111(m): 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2012
^^That is why the whole world hates them.Even their so-called allies despise them secretly.
I wish Nigeria would have more ties with china,as they would overtake U.S in the next 10 years.
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by chiefara: 12:13pm On Jan 15, 2012
what concern us, grin
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2012
Abeg make this thread die for here jare.
When US issues travel warning it becomes Big news.
Muki abi na Seun, una nor dey try
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by tEsLim(m): 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2012
who the hell cares,
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by GP15: 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2012
solomon111:

^^That is why the whole world hates them.Even their so-called allies despise them secretly.
I wish Nigeria would have more ties with china,as they would overtake U.S in the next 10 years.

Na today, China gra gra .  it only economically they can compete US, every other aspect  US go pocket them.
America still remains the world power.That is while they are the policing  the world. The life if their citizen is very important.
Like Obama said, an American life is worth 100 life of another country's citizen life, f**ken hate them
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by solomon111(m): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2012
GP15:

Na today, China gra gra .  it only economically they can compete US, every other aspect  US go pocket them.
America still remains the world power.That is while they are the policing  the world. The life if their citizen is very important.
Like Obama said, an American life is worth 100 life of another country's citizen life, f**ken hate them
you are a very ignorant person.
MONEY IS EVERYTHING!
Even the U.S knows this.
The two factors that determines a world power, majorly, are economic might,& military might.China is almost as rich as U.S.
And the U.S knows that they dare not invoke the wrath of china and even russia.
Their dominion is ending sooner than you think.
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by khalids: 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2012
Abeg end this f**king thread,
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by jonex70(m): 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2012
China can never overtake usa in anything. Without usa china economy is useless. Come to think of it will u prefer china to be world power or usa?
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Lasinoh: 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2012
Awon western states no dey for the list?
Na wah o!
What a peaceful loving people. grin

Thanks for the warning darling America!

I have cancelled ALL plans to that place called Nigeria.

God bless America, the greatest, sweeeeetest homes!!!!

Please, keep deporting un-productive Nigerians!!!!!

Amen!!!!! cool
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2012
@lasinoh- muhehehehe! grin
Abeg when are you neglecting that instruction from your govt. and coming down to this hell-hole called Nigeria? Don't worry I will protect you and your blue passport from theft, kidnapping or Bokos. cheesy
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by ebonino: 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2012
3 YEARS TO GO AND DUMB NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IS ALREADY PLAYING OUT THE SCRIPT"NIGERIA AS A REPUBLIC WILL SPLIT BY 2015"
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 1:44pm On Jan 15, 2012
Boko Haram Biggest Sponsor, Arrested This Morning.

Army officers from the 1st Division of Nigerian Army Kaduna working on tip-off stormed and arrested Comrade Nuhu Mohammed a gun-runner and patron of the Islamic terror group, Boko Haram.

Comrade Mohammed was caught red-handed arming youths in Chikun LGA of Kaduna State this morning about 1.00am and is detained in an undisclosed Military facility.

The supporters of this prominent Nigerian and some youths in the area, engaged the soldiers in a battle to prevent them from making the arrest, before they were subdued. A search on his home, uncovers Rocket launchers, IEDs materials (Bombs materials), soldiers uniforms, army belts, cartridges, pump actions guns and some AK47 assault rifles.

Comrade Nuhu Mohammed was a former chairman of petroleum drivers association in Kaduna. The army command are unhappy that some prominent Nigerians are calling to secure the release of Comrade Mohammed.

Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by solomon111(m): 1:45pm On Jan 15, 2012
jonex70:

China can never overtake usa in anything. Without usa china economy is useless. Come to think of it will u prefer china to be world power or usa?
The U.S had little or nothing to do with china's growth.
China's growth came from agressive globalization i.e they have available markets for their products in almost every nation of the world.
They are virtually independent of U.S.
In fact china expansionist policies is shrinking the U.S, and america is pleading with them to be considerate.
It is beyond our control!
Whether we like it or not,china is overtaking america!
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Lasinoh: 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2012
pDude:

@lasinoh- muhehehehe! grin
Abeg when are you neglecting that instruction from your govt. and coming down to this hell-hole called Nigeria? Don't worry I will protect you and your blue passport from theft, kidnapping or Bokos. cheesy

Verrrry Verrrry soon!
Still selling ALL roach-infested mansions. cool
Time to re-invest in civilized countries. kiss
We(siblings and spouses) still have a lot to gerrrid of! cry
Inherited JUNK and Nigerian BADLUCK!!!
I can't wait to SLAM that "DOE" against that WASTELAND of poverty-stricken, BORROW-BORROW, filthy COWARDS!!!  kiss
Thank God for America!!!!! cool
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by solomon111(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2012
Lasinoh:

Awon western states no dey for the list?
Na wah o!
What a peaceful loving people. grin

Thanks for the warning darling America!

I have cancelled ALL plans to that place called Nigeria.

God bless America, the greatest, sweeeeetest homes!!!!

Please, keep deporting un-productive Nigerians!!!!!

Amen!!!!! cool
INTERESTING!!!
I am wondering,who really is behind the username called Lasinoh?
Have you ever heard a proverb that says that the golden fish is a hunted fish.
The reason why there are no SW states there is because their are almost incosequential(not many people wants to live there),except lagos,which is commercial nerve center of Nigeria,if not it would definitely be on that list.
Most of those states are viable states,unlike most of the SW states. The attracts different kind of people.
PS:Nigeria is already too populated,we dont need more people,and definitely not the likes of you.
So you can stay in your U.S.
But it would be too hypocritical of you,if when you die,your corpse is brought back to Nigeria to litter our already scarce landscape.
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by LogicMind: 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2012
bleeping cowards waiting for their govt. to tell them where to go or not.
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Lasinoh: 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2012
solomon111:

INTERESTING!!!
The reason why there are no SW states there is because their are almost incosequential(not many people wants to live there),except lagos,which is commercial nerve center of Nigeria,if not it would definitely be on that list.
Most of those states are viable states,unlike most of the SW states. The attracts different kind of people.
PS:Nigeria is already too populated,we dont need more people,and definitely not the likes of you.
But it would be too hypocritical of you,if when you die,your corpse is brought back to Nigeria to litter our already scarce landscape.

You love this Lasinoh too much o!!!! grin
Thank you my sour old friend!
I am gonna be.cremated darling.
Even my corpse, you nor go smell! kiss
Enjoy your curses jare!

Time for SINDAY brunch at The Hilton!

God bless my sweeeeeet America! cool
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Princek12(m): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2012
solomon111:

The U.S had little or nothing to do with china's growth.
China's growth came from agressive globalization i.e they have available markets for their products in almost every nation of the world.
They are virtually independent of U.S.
In fact china expansionist policies is shrinking the U.S, and america is pleading with them to be considerate.
It is beyond our control!
Whether we like it or not,china is overtaking america!

The US has everything to do with China's growth. If Americans stop doing business with China today, China's economy will suffer tremendously.

You think China is overtaking America because it has factories that manufacture inferior and low quality imitation of American products. Keep dreaming. How many discoveries have come out of China that have impacted the world?

On the other hand, just about every discovery that impacted the world in the last century came out of America, and America is still presently churning out patents and inventions. Facebook, Youtube, Google, Yahoo, Ipod, Ipad, Iphone, Android, Twitter, Craigslist, and just about every modern-day technology came out of America.

What has China done? Mention one. Instead of you to appreciate American exceptionalism, you are out there displaying signs of envy and bad bele.
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by humblebee: 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2012
ogbeche77:

According to the US, from January 2009 to November 2010, over 140 foreigners had been kidnapped in Nigeria, including seven US citizens while six of them were killed during these abductions.
http://world.myjoyonline.com/pages/nigeria/201201/79831.php

This is not true haba, these things happend back in 2004-2007 and not up to 4 of them were killed. im not justifying the few ones that were killed but im saying its very bad to make a point with false figures
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2012
Princek12:

The US has everything to do with China's growth. If Americans stop doing business with China today, China's economy will suffer tremendously.

You think China is overtaking America because it has factories that manufacture inferior and low quality imitation of American products. Keep dreaming. How many discoveries have come out of China that have impacted the world?

On the other hand, just about every discovery that impacted the world in the last century came out of America, and America is still presently churning out patents and inventions. Facebook, Youtube, Google, Yahoo, Ipod, Ipad, Iphone, Android, Twitter, Craigslist, and just about every modern-day technology came out of America.

What has China done? Mention one. Instead of you to appreciate American exceptionalism, you are out there displaying signs of envy and bad bele.

You dey mind them? It is very funny when some people say China will overtake US in the next 10 years. What a joke. if all US companies pull out of china today. china will just crumble to rubble. all they do is copy patents and hack us companies to remodel their technology.
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Princek12(m): 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2012
humblebee:

This is not true haba,  these things happend back in 2004-2007 and not up to 4 of them were killed. im not justifying the few ones that were killed but im saying its very bad to make a point with false figures

the difference between not up to 4 and 6 is negligible. Bottom line is foreigners were killed for no apparent reason other than failing to pay the kidnappers the huge ransoms they demand. I know a couple of foreigners who go to Port Harcourt for business, and they always hire a security team to guard them during their stay. Otherwise, they are walking targets for these kidnappers.
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Princek12(m): 3:10pm On Jan 15, 2012
Βουκέφαλος:

You dey mind them? It is very funny when some people say China will overtake US in the next 10 years. What a joke. if all US companies pull out of china today. china will just crumble to rubble. all they do is copy patents and hack us companies to remodel their technology.

If Walmart alone even pulls out of the Chinese economy, the Chinese economy will feel the pinch. Recently, when the US was undergoing the economic crisis, many Chinese factories closed down because many US companies were not placing orders.

Just like you said, all the Chinese do is copy US patents and hack the databases of US companies to steal trade secrets. This act is so common now that the US Department of Homeland Security is considering giving to US companies US military classified technologies that are used to deter hacking. The type of technology that is used to protect US military websites and databases.
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2012
Lasinoh:

You love this Lasinoh too much o!!!! grin
Thank you my sour old friend!
I am gonna be.cremated darling.
Even my corpse, you nor go smell! kiss
Enjoy your curses jare!

Time for SINDAY brunch at The Hilton!

God bless my sweeeeeet America! cool

grin grin grin nna men! This Lasinoh your mouth bad o! I dey always like to dey read ur replies.

Abeg remain small Hilton chops for me o! cheesy
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by sbeezy8: 3:18pm On Jan 15, 2012
solomon111:

INTERESTING!!!

HAHAH- still doesnt explain why Lagos Ibadan Cross river- Ondo arent on the list but Plateau Bauchi, Borno and Abia are?

Lets face it ND North and SE states are death traps.
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by Gbenge77(m): 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2012
Talk about responsibility
Re: Us Issues Travelling Warning To Citizens Coming To Nigeria by solomon111(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2012
Princek12:

Are the U.S companies in china there for charity?
Are they not making their money?
Do you how they transfer to america from china?
Do you know how many chinese companies are in america contributing to their economy?
Why do america import chinese products if the chinese products are not good enough for them,and america is sufficient technologically?
America is powerless when it concerns china?THEY CAN DO NADA.
The chinese govt have been able to fight corruption,engage their citizens in meaningful employments,develop investor-friendly policies,e.t.c.
They have some of the most dedicated,patriotic,and brilliant people in the world than america which is run by merceneries brought with money as their priority and not loyality.
These are what makes them to grow.
They always at loggerheads with america due to bulging economy,and the americans want to stunt their growth.
No wonder africa is the way it is.we are always listening to america, who have their selfish interest as the priority.
CHINA,RUSSIA,INDIA,IRAN, NORTH KOREA VENUEZUELA :These countries have refused to submit to US supremacist tendencies,and as a result of that they are developing rapidly despite economic sanctions and oppressions.
Despite, the rancour that always break out between america and china,they keep on calling china for negotiations and talks because they know they cannot treat china like iran!
They are almost seen as begging china to be considerate in its expansionist policies,if not china would have sent them out of the world market,and there would have been nothing they could have done about it.
Throughout history,world powers come and go.
The arrogance of roman empire was a factor in its ultimely neutralization,america is also towing that part!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does This Mean GEJ Will Loose The 2015 Election? / BUSTED: Sanusi Lamido Releases Fake Pic Of Under-age Bride To Deflect Attention / SEE How They Are Spraying Money At Ex-dg Of Nimasa's In-law Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.