Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,774 members, 7,930,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:11 AM

President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol (34470 Views)

Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / Falling Crude Oil Price and Nigeria's N97/Litre Fuel Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This was not a resolution . . . . this was a SLAP IN THE FACE of NIGERIANS

Thank you! Well said. Now it's left to us to be willing to sacrifice , please let us coordinate, ,those of us abroad are ready to do whatever we can to help, anything! Please lets organize, we must claim our future, The current government has mortgaged our future!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by stagger: 7:22am On Jan 16, 2012
This is where labour should hold the government to make sure that the TAM of all refineries and repair of the pipeline network is concluded in the next 6 months, and Emeka Offor's CHROME CONSORTIUM company that collected $750million for a TAM never conducted in 1999, be made to cough out that money or face prosecution.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by naira2011(m): 7:23am On Jan 16, 2012
Nigerians this is a bait to show that government will not do anything to the main problems affecting the country. 65naira/litre to 97naira/litre and before few months time, the same government will come again for another increment. This is the opportunity for us to change the leadership of corrupt politicians in this country. OCCUPY NIGERIA CONTINUES!!!,
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by lawyer(m): 7:23am On Jan 16, 2012
Wats d difference btw 140 and 97naira? Which who go de carry coins go fuel station?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by muami(m): 7:24am On Jan 16, 2012
toba:

This is an insult on Nigerians. GEj was very arrogant in his speech.
N97 is damn still high.
Nothing will come down interms of price
Even if the price goes back to N65, nothing would come back. That is why the whole strike was a waste!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by sylve11: 7:24am On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

Actually i didn't vote. smiley.

grin cool
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by yampoo(m): 7:25am On Jan 16, 2012
labours continue strike,suspends street protest
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by samstels: 7:25am On Jan 16, 2012
Where is the occupy nigeria pple .where is Tunde Bakare ,go and occupy nigeria now .I am on my way to work .NLC is confused ,I know it will be like this .There are 2 things u can't fight Govt and God .ELrufai should come out now and see if he will not spend all his life in jail .
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by birdman(m): 7:26am On Jan 16, 2012
muami:

Even if the price goes back to N65, nothing would come back. That is why the whole strike was a waste!

At the very least we must make sure it never happens again. GEJ and the PDP need to pay a heavy political price for this.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 16, 2012
lawyer:

Wats d difference btw 140 and 97naira? Which who go de carry coins go fuel station?

That means its 100 Naira in reality!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by naira2011(m): 7:27am On Jan 16, 2012
" Nigerians, did u see Mrs Diezeani Allison-Madueke, the Minister of Petroleum @ d NLC meeting with FG yesterday night (Saturday)? Well, she entered the meeting venue carrying the biggest size of a designer bag called "The HERMES KELLY BAG". That bag is sold for $25,000, that is N4 million. U can beg Channels TV to play back the clip for u. Its no lie; u can google to find out about the bag to verify. This is what they do with our money. This is where the fuel subsidy goes to. #occupy GEJ and his cabal CONTINUES, Nigerians this is our only opportunity to fight for our future, !!!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Rad1cal: 7:28am On Jan 16, 2012
The loudest noise are coming from those residing miles away

travel down and galvanize your army, if your very passionate about it

yelling from miles away is the cheapest thing to do
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by ogasir2011: 7:28am On Jan 16, 2012
@stlve11

Those that voted GEJ and those that did not are all suffering from the fuel increase. So stop playing self righteous, by saying u did not vote, in fact your case is even worse - you did not vote yet u are suffering price increase
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by femmy2010(m): 7:28am On Jan 16, 2012
I pity my beloved country Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by kiss2Tell: 7:28am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf (and supporters),

My prayer for you this morning is that almighty God will do to your life what GEJ is doing to this nation.

just say AMEN.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by efisher(m): 7:28am On Jan 16, 2012
I dey laff ooo.

If only we had the courage to swallow this bitter pill in one gulp, it would have been better for us. Anyway, in order to carry everyone along, this move is welcomed.

I suggest you all focus your energies into "policing" the money generated from this price increment. Let's see what FG can do and then press on to full deregulation. The earlier we do this, the better for all.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:29am On Jan 16, 2012
Why not call it N100
angry angry angry
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 16, 2012
Rad1cal:

The loudest noise are coming from those residing miles away

travel down and galvanize your army, if your very passionate about it

yelling from miles away is the cheapest thing to do

Shut your trap! I might be miles away but my family is in Nigeria and i don't plan on staying miles away forever! Nigeria is my home. If you don't like it, you can kill yourself immediately! I D I O T! your statement has no relevance!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by otokx(m): 7:30am On Jan 16, 2012
so is this how it ended?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Mayflowa(m): 7:30am On Jan 16, 2012
Don't be funny. Everywhere in the world, govt releases a advance copy of important speeches to the press with an embargo placed on it to ensure that the press do not publish the speech until the president speaks. What saharareporters did was to ignore journalistics priinciples and publish the advance copy. If you look at the published speech on sr, you would also see the words 'embargoed'

Thank you muami. Sahara reporter just committed a serious journalism crime. They ought to be prosecuted for this. You think Tribune, Guardian, Thisday, Vanguard dont have the same speech? Am not even sure Sahara was given official copy. Probably stole from other news publisher. No one does the right thing in Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by brainpulse: 7:31am On Jan 16, 2012
Come to think of it the Jonatin did not even recognise efforts by Labour in fighting for the cause of the Common man, he just spoke of them like they were the reason why Nigeria is in "His" econimical problem.

My submission , the man as being a failure since birth , he was name Goodluck so that the name can only fetch him compassion from deluded people, but his actions are failure.

He married a failure as a wife( could not speak english even after being sent on a program of public adress techniques)
He was a failure as a state government, with nothing to show till now.
He was a failure as a lecturer, not allowed to lecture even at school.

Now he is drowning the whole 150 millions nigerians in the pool of failure.- Back to sender
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by kushe: 7:32am On Jan 16, 2012
i heard there are soldiers on the streets

now repression has set in, nigeria is about to burn
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 16, 2012
Mayflowa:

Thank you muami. Sahara reporter just committed a serious journalism crime. They ought to be prosecuted for this. You think Tribune, Guardian, Thisday, Vanguard dont have the same speech? Am not even sure Sahara was given official copy. Probably stole from other news publisher. No one does the right thing in Nigeria.

Please, it doesn't matter! Let those governing lead by example first and stop stealing Naijs's money and build infrastructure and serve the people, until then, anything goes!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by DonADESIDA(m): 7:32am On Jan 16, 2012
kudos to everyone here.
Endeavour to read the page 5
of this thread as it is the
most beneficial one I can tell you.
DO NOT MISS READING THIS PAGE.Thanks
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by folahann(m): 7:33am On Jan 16, 2012
I get it. They intentionally first put the price at N141, knowing that they latter come down to N97. If the price was put at 97 initially, it would have still be contested
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Diligence: 7:34am On Jan 16, 2012
Prez Joe: u hv really done ur best and we appreciate ur admin's efforts to seriously embark on economic revolution.  And startg from the downstream is absolutely commendable.  They want u to clear their mess (ibb, abacha, obj and obj, gowon, shagari, shonekan, yar adua, buhari, abdulsalam, awolowo, umaro diko, etc) in less dan one year; pls stay focus.  If labour (who are believed to hv bn overly bribed by the oil thieves and opposition parties, including south west and the whole of north regions), continue wt the strike, pls provide enof protection to those who don't but are being coerced to join.

The reform shld include relocating major oil activities (proj mgt, etc) back to the niger delta.  Others shld rather come to niger delta to execute projects and not the otherway  (lagos and abj).
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 16, 2012
kushe:

i heard there are soldiers on the streets

now repression has set in, nigeria is about to burn

The soldiers cannot do nada if their is a peaceful protest! Nigerians might as well be dead!, The gov't is slowly killing the masses already!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Kobojunkie: 7:35am On Jan 16, 2012
brainpulse:

Come to think of it the Jonatin did not even recognise efforts by Labour in fighting for the cause of the Common man, he just spoke of them like they were the reason why Nigeria is in "His" econimical problem.

I tell you, that speech was a SCOLDING . . . in the end, what we got was NO RESOLUTION but an IMPOSITION . . . reminds me of what Fashola did with the Occupy Lekki people . . .
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by alby: 7:36am On Jan 16, 2012
Dear People,

During the Campaign, bros told us his name is AZIKIWE. Now since he has been sworn in, he has hardly used that name. So lies are everywhere even in the Presidency, it has been there all along.

Our Lord, please grant us your Heavenly Mercy, your children are suffering.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I tell you, that speech was a SCOLDING . . . in the end, what we got was NO RESOLUTION but an IMPOSITION . . . reminds me of what Fashola did with the Occupy Lekki people . . .  
You are spot on!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Mayflowa(m): 7:38am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf (and supporters),

My prayer for you this morning is that almighty God will do to your life what GEJ is doing to this nation.

just say AMEN.

If you mean regarding the subsiding issues. I say a big Amen. Because God just promoted me!
You want to continuing borrowing year in year out and get ur naira devalued with losses in job. Promoting foreign production while neglecting industrial home growth. This will be achieved only wen subsidy is completely remove. I look forward to that day.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by freecocoa(f): 7:38am On Jan 16, 2012
Na wa o,this is just sad and from the look of things that's the way its going to stay,seems like NLC is already mellowing,it would really be a very big blow on the face of nigerians after so many deaths because of this. What a country.

naira2011:

" Nigerians, did u see Mrs Diezeani Allison-Madueke, the Minister of Petroleum @ d NLC meeting with FG yesterday night (Saturday)? Well, she entered the meeting venue carrying the biggest size of a designer bag called "The HERMES KELLY BAG". That bag is sold for $25,000, that is N4 million. U can beg Channels TV to play back the clip for u. Its no lie; u can google to find out about the bag to verify. This is what they do with our money. This is where the fuel subsidy goes to. #occupy GEJ and his cabal CONTINUES, Nigerians this is our only opportunity to fight for our future, !!!
Imagine 4million that can be used to train someone through university in nigeria that's what she wasted on a bag,well no be her fault sha, God go catch them one day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari Replaces Joy Nunieh With Kemebradikumo Pondei As NDDC Acting MD / South East Leaders Converge On Enugu Airport To Witness Its Reopening / Pressure On Peter Obi To Run As Vice To Atiku In 2027 - NationalDaily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.