Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,918 members, 7,949,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 09:01 PM

FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel (687 Views)

Court Orders EFCC To Release Azibaola Robert, Jonathan’s Cousin / Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / NNPC Audit Report Exposes Double Subsidy Payments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by Beaf: 2:20am On Jan 16, 2012
[size=14pt]FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel[/size]
Monday, 16 January 2012 00:00 HORATIUS EGUA & JOSHUA BASSEY

The Federal Government has ordered a probe into the payment of subsidy monies on petrol and kerosene.
Consequently, Dieziani Allison-Madueke, minister of petroleum resources on January 13, 2012 formally wrote Ibrahim Lamorde, acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to investigate the payments, for better accountability and transparency.

Allison-Madueke, in a statement made available to State House correspondents, said  the probe was approved by President Goodluck Jonathan to meet the demands of the Nigerian people.
She added: “With presidential approval, I have written to invite the EFCC to immediately review all payments made in respect of subsidies on PMS and kerosene, and take all necessary steps to prosecute any incidence of malfeasance, fraud, over-inviocing and related illegalities, in an open and transparent manner”.

She further said: “I have set up a unit within my office to be headed by an independent auditor, to review the KPMG and other audit reports on the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and other parastatals and immediately begin implementation of their findings, ensuring at all times, full probity and value for money”.

Also, the minister said: “I am en-panelling another unit in my office to begin a comprehensive review of the management controls within all parastatals in the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, including but not limited to NNPC, PPPRA, and DPR”.
“Accordingly, I expect a report in 30 days, to enable us take further action in reforming management, personnel and other practices and procedures in parastatals within the ministry. It should be noted however that this process has already begun in PPPRA and DPR, where management changes and reform are beginning to yield desirable results”.

She assured Nigerians of government’s commitment in ensuring “full probity and accountability in the oil and gas industry” stressing that haven “spent the last 18 months painstakingly reviewing its operations and designing a vision for the future, it is now time to deliver”.
The minister also stressed her determination to work with the leadership of the National Assembly to ensure “the quick passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) so that we can anchor the comprehensive reform of the oil industry”.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/31907-fg-orders-efcc-to-probe-subsidy-payments-on-fuel
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by Beaf: 2:21am On Jan 16, 2012
This will hopefully crack criminals like Tinubu.
Now the peoples anger can be channelled in meaningful ways that are positive to the growth of the country.
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by koruji(m): 2:22am On Jan 16, 2012
Igbayi l'aro GEJ.

They thought they could slap Nigerians on the face while protecting their own corruption.

In any case, I do not expect anything to come out of this - same old tired tricks.
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by Beaf: 2:25am On Jan 16, 2012
koruji:

Igbayi l'aro GEJ.

They thought they could slap Nigerians on the face while protecting their own corruption.

In any case, I do not expect anything to come out of this - same old tired tricks.

Did you know about the cabal before GEJ's govt mentioned it?
It is id!otic statements like your posts above that make people rightly conclude that many of you are driven by ethnic bigotry.
Its like talking simply because there is a mouth on your face.
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by DanKan0: 2:35am On Jan 16, 2012
instead of doing all this 6 months before subsidy removal they doing it after being slightly hurt abi? Better pray Nigerians show mercy ooo cool
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by Rhino5dm: 2:44am On Jan 16, 2012
First they told us "Few cabals are the ones enjoying from oil subsidy", then they said[b]"the cabals are strong ooo, the only way to fight them is by removing fuel subsidy"[/b], and now "we order the EFC to investigate the subsidy payment activities to prosecute the cabals".

*singing* FELA
Deadi body getti accident, YE KPA! shocked
Confiusion eday kpa, YE KPA!! shocked shocked
. . .Double wahala for deadi body and the owner for deadi body.
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by koruji(m): 2:46am On Jan 16, 2012
Congratulations. GEJ will win a 90 kg gold medal for identifying "possible" corruption, failing to go after it, but imposing undue hardship on 160 million people instead. I guess it was easier to slap 160 million peoople you don't know personally than to have to drag your inner circle to the courts. Only GEJ knows why, being president, he could not go after this so-called "CABAL" and cut it off at the knees.

Like I said, I will believe it when I see it - there are already numerous cases before GEJ's EFCC that are in permanent hiatus. What is going to be different about this one?

BTW, is EFCC going to investigate the N50 billion bribery that the NASS was about to accept? You told us a couple of days ago that this was his reason, ridiculous as it is, for deciding to yank the subsidies quickly? We'll be waiting for the report on that one as well.

Beaf:

Did you know about the cabal before GEJ's govt mentioned it?
It is id!otic statements like your posts above that make people rightly conclude that many of you are driven by ethnic bigotry.
Its like talking simply because there is a mouth on your face.
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by Beaf: 3:31am On Jan 16, 2012
^
You sound incoherent and full of wind.
Wiser people who are not blinded by ethnic bigotry would observe that skilled operators have moved the country forward by quantum leaps since January 1st. I wouldn't let you in on what traps have been set and sprung and what beasts have been ensnared. Observe, learn and be awe struck; the only downside is that it will take you some time, cos you are as slow as the coming of Judgement Day.
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by Kobojunkie: 3:41am On Jan 16, 2012
DanKan0:

instead of doing all this 6 months before subsidy removal they doing it after being slightly hurt abi? Better pray Nigerians show mercy ooo cool

You dey mind them? 90% of what the Government seems to be doing now is for FACE VALUE . . . . . these are actions it ought to have taken more than 6 months ago, so it could have at least help avert what is happening. I don't know what this probe will do to the situation at this point? And who in the world would take anything the EFCC will produce out of this 'probe' seriously?
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by Kobojunkie: 3:42am On Jan 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

First they told us "Few cabals are the ones enjoying from oil subsidy", then they said[b]"the cabals are strong ooo, the only way to fight them is by removing fuel subsidy"[/b], and now "we order the EFC to investigate the subsidy payment activities to prosecute the cabals".

*singing* FELA
Deadi body getti accident, YE KPA! shocked
Confiusion eday kpa, YE KPA!! shocked shocked
. . .Double wahala for deadi body and the owner for deadi body.

You forgot to add that on December 23rd, Jonathan Goodluck went on ChannelsTV to tell the people that there was NO cabal -- these men were simply legitimate Business men. . . ,
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by koruji(m): 3:45am On Jan 16, 2012
It sounds incoherent to you because you cannot follow simple logic - spend a couple of days on those sentences to distill their meaning.

Here we go again with the "secret gibberish". It never stops - you proclaim all these grandioseness that GEJ was going to become. When it all blows in your face you simply move on to making up new fallacies.

Immediately after the elections it was "every knee shall bow" to your lord GEJ, and if they cause any trouble you will "cut them loose in the desert".  Now we are on to "be awe struck" - yea GEJ is coming down the mountain from the presence of God.

Keep heaping the red coal on your head.

I don't have to be party to your chest-beating group to know that GEJ has being head-faking a lot of people over the last few days. Truth is, the man is scared stiff. He said as much publicly in church last Sunday when he accused about every arm of government of having people that were in bed with BH. To me, it seems more like the cry of an Abiku - who threatens his mother any time she refuses to cater to his every need and caprices.

Bottomline: GEJ cannot use the threat of a coup to force his subsidy removal policy down the throat of Nigerians.

Beaf:

^
You sound incoherent and full of wind.
Wiser people who are not blinded by ethnic bigotry would observe that skilled operators have moved the country forward by quantum leaps since January 1st. I wouldn't let you in on what traps have been set and sprung and what beasts have been ensnared. Observe, learn and be awe struck; the only downside is that it will take you some time, cos you are as slow as the coming of Judgement Day.
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by Beaf: 3:55am On Jan 16, 2012
^
You really sound incoherent.
. . .By the way, "every knee shall bow."
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by koruji(m): 4:06am On Jan 16, 2012
Yeah, we know who's knees are bowing. Nuff said already.

Beaf:

^
You really sound incoherent.
. . .By the way, "every knee shall bow."
Re: FG orders EFCC to probe subsidy payments on fuel by onomeasike: 4:09am On Jan 16, 2012
beaf=Backpikin=Radical=PointB=Reno omokri=bloodmoney.This the identity of a blood-sucking gej goon.pls ignore him

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Price Successfully Increased From N65 To N97: Goodluck Jonathan / Madalla Bomber Re-arrested? / Police Ig Hafiz Ringim Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.