Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,717 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:08 AM

Stupidity Or Insanity? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stupidity Or Insanity? (1103 Views)

Ladies Is This Stupidity Or Love And Can You Do Such / Stupidity Or Love? / Is This Stupidity Or Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stupidity Or Insanity? by rosquare(m): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2007
a 30year old guy, in love with a 29yr old divorcee with two lovely kids.
both enjoying a blossoming 4mnths relationship,and now the kids see him as a
father figure.her parents and extended family adores him but
marriage possibility is just 20percent. should the relationship continue?
this is not a story line, its reality.its me
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by iice(f): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2007
why is the possibility only 20%?
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by rosquare(m): 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2007
cos of serious parental stress.the guys parents actually disowned him because he decided to
secure a work in the north after his NYSC there.till date his father doesnt talk to him.the dad
says until he gets a transfer back to lagos, they aint talking,
so imagine taking a girl he met there home.
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by efuah(f): 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2007
so is the 20% possibility ur own assumption or he told u
are u the one . . lipsrsealed

but what is wrong in taking a girl from the north home undecided
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by iice(f): 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2007
well it boils down to him. . .if he is willing to sacrifice his old family for a new one?
He has to really think that through. . .granted he is currently estranged from his family, will he be able to live with himself, should that rift not be mended (but i hope it will be if not soon, then in the future)?
I for one cannot tell you him what to do because in the end the decision has to be yours abi his, he will have to live with the choices he makes.
Either way, i wish him the best
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by rosquare(m): 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2007
thot i mentioned earlier that i was the person or is it becos i am using the 3rd person pronoun? cool
@iice;just out of curiosity, if you were in my shoes,what would you do?

@efuah;nothing is wrong with gals from the north.its just the nigerian factor of
cultural differences.ironically, they are very nice people
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by iice(f): 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2007
Well you chose to use - he/her - so i thought i'd follow suit grin
Should i place myself in your shoes? With my personality and thinking? or with yours?
See where I am going? undecided
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by olanajim(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2007
The poster can't get a definite reply because she left out vital details have so many begging questions to answer. If she can be frank, she would be well guided.
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by rosquare(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2007
@good one there
ok, with my personality but your thinking,
or are you thinking what i am thinking?
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by iice(f): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2007
Sorry i cannot be thinking what you are thinking grin
And with my thinking and personality, i cannot give you what you seek undecided
What i do, is what works for me. . .
Besides how i will i even know what your personality is like. . .you are relatively new. . .etc. . .etc

Ola. . .you talk true as always grin
@OP if you are clearer on the details, Ola will/can help you cheesy
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by rosquare(m): 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2007
you dont have to know my personality before you air your view, do you? cool
and if ola has questions, i am sure he will ask, just as you asked earlier.
anyway, it seems new members arent encouraged here tongue
no long thing
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by saucekid(m): 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ poster,

singing ***** akunamatata,it means dont worry
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by olanajim(m): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2007
Efuah had asked you one of my questions just as contributors are right to ask.

That 20% tag, is it real or imaginary? Have you bother to gauge the guys opinion about this?

How would you be so sure that the real reason he was disowned by his parents was his desire to live in the north? I want you to give this a deep thought. I once had to relocate into another state against my parent's wish. It was tough convincing them but they never disown me on that account. I visits them when l can. Parents differs but to disown a child must have deep underlying cause.

Next, is he living with you? Are his parents rich of poor? Do both of you practice the same religion? How long has he been in the north? Is the job he presently does lucrative? Did he ever tell you about any other disagreement between him and his parents? Is he married before? Did he has a lover in lagos his parents were aware of? Are the parents trying to give him a wife? Are they tribalists?

For now, l'd rather focus on the guy than his family. There are two distinct challenges before you. The guy, on one side, the family on the other side. The side having to do with the guy is the most serious aspect. But it does appear, you have either overlooked that side or you already tackled it.

It is useless for us giving you advice on what to do with the parent when a silence question about the guy is begging for attention.

A four months old relationship, it is still too early for you to be so sure. Some men can be are chamellons. They are simply transform into your desired colour. Only by testing can you uncover their real colour.

I would appreciate it if you could provide answer to each of questions above. It may be too much, when you ponder on them, you would realize how important they are to your happiness. I am sure other members would agree with me on some if not all of the questions.
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by iice(f): 1:16am On Oct 10, 2007
rosquare:

you don't have to know my personality before you air your view, do you? cool
and if ola has questions, i am sure he will ask, just as you asked earlier.
anyway, it seems new members arent encouraged here tongue
no long thing

But i did air my view grin grin
If i don't know your personality, how am i supposed to walk in your shoes? grin grin
'Tis not for me to encourage new members or not tongue
Afterall i am but just a member wink
Take it as you will. . .whatever floats your boat grin grin
Goodluck

I don expire from this thread. . .there is a certain wind that blows cheesy grin grin
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by rosquare(m): 9:16am On Oct 10, 2007
@Ola ; thanx a bunch for your concern and also for the questions.
i gess you didnt notice the (m) in front of my name.
Ok, i am the guy in question,i finished my service in jan 2007,
i came to the north in feb 2006 for my NYSC, i am cuurently working
with oceanic bank,

my parents are wealthy, and they are very tribalistic.
you know the stories we hear about crisis in the north,i guess thats
why my folks are against my staying in the north.

my girl doesnt stay with me,in fact we only get to see each other like once in a forthnite
she stays with her folks and we are both christians,
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by olanajim(m): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2007
Your posting made you look as if you are the lady. You didn't clarify enough to enable members understand you.

Whatever, l don't think you have big problem as such. You only have phobia.

Since you are working, the first step is to reconcile with your parents.

You are the cause of the problem in a way. Try adopt diplomacy. Find people that have your parents' ears and let them persuade your parents to let you be. As a banker, there is probability of your being posted away from the north if you reach a certain level in your career. It depend on you. So you could still rejoin your parents in future.

By the way, what stop you from visiting your parents occationally? Visiting them would be an opportunity for them to re-evaluate their stand. It happened to me, so l can tell you that the reason they want you around is your safety. Your well being. The circumstance of their disagreement with you might not be unconnected to the manner you made your choice. They might have sensed arrogance in your presentation, hence their stands. Like l said, l passed through it so l know what l am talking about.It is your duty to find ways/people to convince your parent to let you make a choice. They love you, that is why they acted that way.

On the lady, that is another aspect. Don't take the lady home until you have reconciled with your parents. Let chat on my YIM later.

Another thing to note: DO YOU IN YOUR INNERMOST HEART LOVE THAT GIRL TO THE POINT OF MARRYING HER? Do you really want to marry her? Why did you say 20% chance? Is it only your parent or it has to do with you also?

As for your parents being tribalistic, it matters and it doesn't matter. We would discuss that.

Killings in the north is not as prevalence as it used to be. I lived in the north during Jos crisis. I was at the point of origin of the crisis. So l can say it is not a pleasant experience. That however, does not mean l cannot live in the north again. There're peaceful places to live in the north.
Re: Stupidity Or Insanity? by querida(f): 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2007
i will advise u think wit ur head n ur hrt

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Fall In Love Again After I Have Been Jilted By My Girlfriend? / What’s Your Market Value? / Genuine People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.