Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,953 members, 7,903,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? (6559 Views)

NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / NLC Threatens Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Scarcity / Orji Uzor Kalu In His His Water Sport Vehicle – Earned From ABIA Treassury. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by kizito96(m): 12:13am On Jan 18, 2012
The lesson is that Nigerians could come together to fight a common course if the need arises
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by victorian(f): 12:14am On Jan 18, 2012
I learnt almost everyone in Nija is corrupt. Only d very few av conscience. Some fuel stations stil sell at 141 or they lockup and sell through blackmarket, using unemployed youths, what a shame.Nigerians change and be a better person, when it comes to principles, ethics and truly caring for your neighbour.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by mrofficial(m): 12:19am On Jan 18, 2012
And finally, #OccupyNigeria is watching. Beaf, you now have another job. grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Emeka72(m): 12:34am On Jan 18, 2012
@op, By now, some pple might have started planning COUP.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by BlackPikiN(m): 1:47am On Jan 18, 2012
^^^^This is what I have learnt from the jargons occupy rubbish!

I have learnt that Nigerians who gathered at Ojota went to listen to music for free. Atleast once in their life time they had to watch their stars perform without paying gate fee.

Business with pleasure!lol grin cheesy
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by eghost247(m): 1:55am On Jan 18, 2012
Learnt that Nigerians Can Unite Irrespective of Religion or Tribe
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 18, 2012
I shud quote freecocoa word for word but I dnt wnt to be arrested for plagiarism
*I learnt that to die for Nigeria is a waste of time.
*that me joining occupynigeria was one of the dumbest s.h, I.t. I've eva done, imagine me being killed for 41naira decrease.
*that labour are snitches
*that beaf actuallly works for FG or is one very stupid human being
*that the govt is the cabal and subsidy is story story
*that agberos and touts are more patriotic than the middle class
*that I shud change my nationality if possible
*that Nigerians are not ready for change and revolution in Nigeria is a big joke
*that an average Nigerian is still very tribalistic
*That pastors dnt care abt ur welfare, except u cnt come to church to drop offering
*that religion is overrated
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by iykak47: 4:07am On Jan 18, 2012
I learnt that many Nigerians follow the crowd instead of using their God given brain,that makes education useless,
Another big lesson is that the majority is not always right(the biblical crucify him, crucify him is another example}.
Also that many people still believe that governace begings and stops at Aso rock,while state and local government are just there ceremonially.

My biggest lesson is that Nigerians value fuel more than that human life, they can protest over fuel subsidy removal but overlook the menace of boko haram.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by iykak47: 4:14am On Jan 18, 2012
iykak47:

I learnt that many Nigerians follow the crowd instead of using their God given brain,that makes education useless,
Another big lesson is that the majority is not always right(the biblical crucify him, crucify him is another example}.
Also that many people still believe that governace begings and stops at Aso rock,while state and local government are just there ceremonially.

My biggest lesson is that Nigerians value fuel more than human life, they can protest over fuel subsidy removal but overlook the menace of boko haram.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 18, 2012
lol, where are those big heads shouting about removing gej from office few weeks ago?

one of them nearly cursed me to death just because Im saying my mind.

what I learnt is that there are so many follow follow in that goddam country
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Nobody: 4:25am On Jan 18, 2012
iykak47:

My biggest lesson is that Nigerians value fuel more than that human life, they can protest over fuel subsidy removal but overlook the menace of boko haram.

I think illitracy has made so many not to know their priority maybe not about value of life
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by studyineu: 5:58am On Jan 18, 2012
Anything that has to do with Nigerian Government no one should die for it or protest for it. Cause Naija Government will still do woteva de want to do
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Rad1cal: 6:12am On Jan 18, 2012
Nigerians are wicked, especially those living outside the shores of Nigeria.

They secretly called their families begging and pleading with them to stay indoors, away from any protesting crowd to avoid the probability of courting death

But were very vocal, active and even very aggressive using online medias to push other foolish unsuspecting Nigerians to their death.

in the dumb pretext of a revolution

Most of them who accused you of cowardice for not courting deaths are the most treacherous humans,

the earth has had to endure
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by kunyeo(m): 6:17am On Jan 18, 2012
That SW remains the conscience of the nation.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Ufeolorun(m): 6:35am On Jan 18, 2012
kunyeo:

That SW remains the conscience of the nation.

Add the north as well,at least Kano and Kaduna.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by ikoha: 6:57am On Jan 18, 2012
i learnt that TUC president, Peter Esele today was appointed to the board of PIB -
Petroleum Investment Board, which GEJ promised him to sell his umunna out.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by studyineu: 7:00am On Jan 18, 2012
Am also eager to see them that were shouting GEJ must resign, they don't want to talk again cause they are now covering their face with their hands in shame. Hahahahahahaha. Just like a friend said here, the majority is not always right. Before I do anything relating to Nigerian Government I sits down and wisely thinks and make my own judgments I don't rush into anything at all. What would we say of those that died in this protest while shouting aluta continua, they died for nutin but when I said it here earlier on some guys blinded by greed that they can't see the simple truth wanted to crucify me. I believe that this has taught everyone a lesson so next time think well before you act to avoid wasting your humanly energy. For those that lost their beloved ones in this protest, May God grant yOu the heart to bear the loss and May Their souls rest in peace. AMEN. And please advise other ones that unda a corrupt government nutin in Nigeria is worth dieing for nt even de oil that is de sole of this Greed in our nation today.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by kunyeo(m): 7:01am On Jan 18, 2012
I now know why it would take nothing but divine intervention for an easterner to become Nigerian president. 1. They dont seem to have a leader to galvanize them to fight their rights (if fuel subsidy does not affect them,what about the pogrom of Boko-Haram?) 2. They are cut away from the mainsream of Nigerian polity discourse. 3.They are still cowed by the memories of the civil war.(All it takes to subdue them not fight the subsidy are the threats of their governors.) 4. They appear not to be really in sync with any region in Nigeria (except probably SS) Very sad!
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by studyineu: 7:07am On Jan 18, 2012
@kunyeo, don't say what you don't know. No governor in south east threatened against protest. I live in the east and I see people I mean individual supporting subsidy removal, the ones I knw that was against it suddenly thinked well and said that if this will benefit Nigeria they are willing to make the sacrifice, everyone was happy and prasing GeJ here. What am telling is what the masses I have met here are saying. every keke driver here is praising him for what he did. So don't expect any protest against subsidy from th se. Concerning boko haram menace Nigeria will soon hear from the SE probably after ikemba burial. Don't take the silence of an igbo man for nutin
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by OAM4J: 7:12am On Jan 18, 2012
I learnt that we still have a looonnnng way to go as a nation sad
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by werepeLeri: 7:53am On Jan 18, 2012
I learnt that musical street jamboree is not the same as genuine agitations and protests.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by sugar001(f): 8:00am On Jan 18, 2012
1. I learnt that Nigerians are jokers. *no explanations.
2. I learnt that Lagosians are party freaks.
3. Igbos love for money(opening their shops) should never be under-estimated.
4. And finally, fear any body that had no shoes while growing up.
Copied!
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by OneNaira6: 8:27am On Jan 18, 2012
I learned Nigerians cannot even protest without turning criminal
I learned if you do not support what the mass are doing, they will try to insult you into joining and or supporting them
I learned Nigerians can boost like crazy, achieve nothing and still think they came out the winner
I learned Nigerian politicians can play Nigerians for football while the indigenous come out thinking they have an upper hand on the government.
I learned Nigerians can lie through their teeth by posting fake pics, stories,etc to support their bigotry
I learned Nigeria media isn't truthful; many articles contradicted themselves in the whole occupynigeria saga by the same mediatakeout(vanguard, saharareports, etc)
Overall I learned what I've always learned about Nigeria: It is a cess-pole country that should never have been created. cry cry cry
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by destinedtee(m): 8:41am On Jan 18, 2012
@talknafree: u need to express ur point without hurling insult at people, stay cool
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by ochukoccna: 8:47am On Jan 18, 2012
NLC/TUC is all about bizness
9ja elite can only be defeated by lead bullets
Never look back once U emigrate
*More coming
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by dandollar1: 9:07am On Jan 18, 2012
shocked shocked shocked the reduction from N141 to N97 is not up to 50% O!
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Bawss1(m): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2012
iykak47:

Pray tell, how have Nigerians overlooked the menace of Boko Haram? Should they take to the streets on this matter too? shocked angry
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by mastro: 9:25am On Jan 18, 2012
I learnt that we still have a looonnnng way to go as a nation  Sad

[size=16pt]Word[/size]

As in this is a pretty conclusive statement that no rational person can disagree with.
              cue the irrational persons who will say the saga is proof that we work together as a national very well
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by LEXYLOV: 10:51am On Jan 18, 2012
Bitter. Bored undecided
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by UyiIredia(m): 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2012
Beaf:

[size=21pt]I learnt that the average #Occupiers IQ is well below 70![/size]

Back up this assertion.
Re: What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? by Dele99: 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2012
One_Naira:

I learned Nigerians cannot even protest without turning criminal
I learned if you do not support what the mass are doing, they will try to insult you into joining and or supporting them
I learned Nigerians can boost like crazy, achieve nothing and still think they came out the winner
I learned Nigerian politicians can play Nigerians for football while the indigenous come out thinking they have an upper hand on the government.
I learned Nigerians can lie through their teeth by posting fake pics, stories,etc to support their bigotry
I learned Nigeria media isn't truthful; many articles contradicted themselves in the whole occupynigeria saga by the same mediatakeout(vanguard, saharareports, etc)
Overall I learned what I've always learned about Nigeria: It is a cess-pole country that should never have been created. cry cry cry

well said

* I learned that most Nigerians Have no mind of their own
* I learned that the average Nigeria does not know what he is agitating for e.g listening to tinubu who happens to benefit much from the subsidy
  show that the protesters were ignorant
* I learned that the average Nigerian would always need a revered one to tell them what they want
* I learned that the average Nigerian is gullible and would remain so for many years
* Learned that the average politician is a conman showing how good they were by the ease through which they cleaned their past with a protest men like fani
  kayode,el rufai et al

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Before You Blame Anyone For The Gunshots In Aso Rock, Read What Truly Happened / George Galloway Laughs At Nigeria Judiciary Rulings / The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.