Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,870 members, 7,879,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:33 AM

Kicking Out Unemployment: A Mentoring Program on Radio - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kicking Out Unemployment: A Mentoring Program on Radio (1014 Views)

Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. / Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? / What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kicking Out Unemployment: A Mentoring Program on Radio by Jessica77: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2012
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share how having a well prepared cv and being coached on answering interview questions has helped me, friends and family members to get our dream jobs.

I've been listening to a programme on 95.9 Cool FM, Port Harcourt, at 1.15pm every wednesday called “Consulting On Air” produced by NEBULA Global Scope Ltd. It is a programme for Business owners, Employees, Job Applicants and Aspiring Entrepreneurs.

The tips and advise people have gained from this programme and the seminars the presenter organises, even though it has just been on air for 6 months is something else (Who said Nigerian professionals are not too much requires medication).

Several listeners have learnt how to prepare very good cvs and gotten good jobs even though some of them have SSCE, 3rd class and a 2.2. I've been picking and chosing jobs and I'm no longer nervous during interviews, a particular listener called Bassey who has an SSCE qualification has changed jobs twice within 4 months and is now a senior staff in a major food & Beverage company in port harcourt. Some listeners have gained employment in manufacturing and oil servicing companies like Nigerite, cakasa etc. We've benefitted so much from this programme that some listeners volunteered to sponsor the programme (I don't think the programme has a sponsor yet) to keep it on air in November last year.

We've learnt that though a good qualification is important but skills, experience and attitude are more important to employers. Business owners are also doing very well in their businesses with the free advise the get from this programme (they've learnt that money is not the most important thing required to set up a successful business).

I hope this programme goes nationwide soon so that young people across the country get the advise and direction they need to empower themselves.

I guess you can find out more about the programme on www.nebulaglobalscope.com

It's been great sharing with you.

Byeee
Re: Kicking Out Unemployment: A Mentoring Program on Radio by yamakuza: 1:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
Thanks for sharing.

Really inspiring.

Can you post weekly recaps or transcripts?

I think Leke Alder has something similar on 92.3 Inspiration FM, Lagos: Minding Your Business.

Any other ones out there?
Re: Kicking Out Unemployment: A Mentoring Program on Radio by Afamdman(m): 2:59pm On Jan 25, 2012
Currently developing a radio program along same line only am focusing on branding, use of media and selling. Any input on what you will like to hear on radio is welcome. @jessica you have a contact number for consulting on air folks if you do please paste here or send to afamdman@yahoo.com thanks.
Re: Kicking Out Unemployment: A Mentoring Program on Radio by Nobody: 5:32am On Jan 30, 2012
Union Bank Aptitude Test
hello all, i just got a text from Dragnet which
says, You hav bn shortlisted to take a
personality test by Union Bank,
Pls who else got d same text? Is it a scam?
What r d likely questions? Pls mods create a
thread for dis to help fellow nairalanders.
Pls
Re: Kicking Out Unemployment: A Mentoring Program on Radio by lalaboy(m): 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2012
HI, there are many investment opportunities that
promise good income however this is the best
i can recommend cos my own financial status
has changed thru it. visit 4 more details
quicksmartpay..com

(1) (Reply)

Oracle Certified Dba Urgently Needed In Lagos! / Massive Recruitment / Latest Vacancies At Maersk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.