Stats: 3,199,985 members, 7,973,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:42 PM

Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. (7562 Views)

African Beauties At The 2012 Miss Universe / Damiete Charles-Granville At The 2012 Miss-World Pageant (Pics) / The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by freecocoa(f): 12:20am On Jan 19, 2012
Meddler:

Someone give Angelia a sandwich. She looks disgusting. Seriously is this what's considered sexy these days? she looks emaciated. Yuck!
You sure say you no need eyeinglass? e go help you.

@topic,Jessica Alba is stunning too,the color suits her.
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by Meddler(f): 12:28am On Jan 19, 2012
I no need am. The dress is nice but not the person wearing it. I mean look at her arm. It looks like twigs. The others look fine
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by demelza: 2:38am On Jan 19, 2012
Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron were the best dressed for me. Sarah Michelle Gellar in her tie & dye inspired dress wz d worst dressed.
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by SisiKill1: 2:50am On Jan 19, 2012
Angelina Jolie and Nicole Kidman all the way!!!

Charlize Theron is alright but it looks like something she's worn before.

What the hell is Sarah Michelle Geller wearing? Her stylist should be flogged.

Natalie Portman, borrowed mom's dress did she? How cute.

Everyone else is just bleh.
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by revlution: 4:20am On Jan 19, 2012
Danka7777:

You really do have a sense of humor. who is "insecure?" Do you really know what the word means? If you knew you wouldn't be using it.  First, the fact is that you are refusing to post pictures of your fellow black women like your mother, tells me that you  VERY INSECURE in yourself and your race.

Second, the fact that you can smugly say " I have no reason for not putting a black woman's picture up" tells me that you need some psychological help to purge you of your inherent hatred for your fellow black women. I believe you are black also.  I have no problem with you putting up here photos of all white women but at least include a black face, even one is ok. So that if our young daughters come up here and look at it, they will all a have sense of themselves being represented as a projector of beauty.

Anyone who looks at this forum and wonders how it made it to the top page definitely sees what I see.  Do you have any sense of reason? Can you understand that this is a forum for Black people of an African country and 99% of the viewers and contributors are black. Can you get this? Do I need to explain this again?

YOU ARE A TRUE GENUIS.
I LOVE THE FACT THAT YOU POINTED THIS OUT CLEARLY TO THE BIASED POSTER OF THIS ARTICLE.
WE BLACK PEOPLE HAVE TO LOVE AND SEE BEAUTY IN OURSELVES BEFORE OTHER PEOPLE CAN SEE US AS BEAUTIFUL.
IF A '' BLACK PERSON'' COULD POST THIS ARTICLE GLORIFYING THE BEAUTY OF WHITE PEOPLE AND NOT EVEN RECOGNIZING HER FELLOW BLACK PEOPLE THEN IT GOES A LONG WAY TO TELL HOW ASHAMED SHE IS TO BE LABELLED A BLACK WOMAN.
I AM NOT SAYING THAT SHE SHOULD FILL THE PAGES WITH PICTURES OF BLACK WOMEN BUT ATLEAST 1 PICTURE OF A BLACK WOMAN, WILL NOT ONLY BRING TO OUR ATTENTION THAT BLACK WOMEN WERE PRESENT AT THE GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS BUT ALSO BRING OUT THE EXOTIC BEAUTY OF A BLACK WOMAN.
THE MOMENT WE START SEEING OURSELVES AS BEAUTIFUL, THEN THE WORLD WOULD START SEEING THAT IN US TOO.
BRUSHING OURSELVES TO THE CORNER WILL NOT TAKE US ANYWHERE.
LET THE POSTER BE AWARE OF THIS FOR FUTURE REFERENCES.
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by revlution: 4:34am On Jan 19, 2012
BABE!:

Best dressed: Angelina Jolie.

Worst dressed: Jessica Biel.

MADAM, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION EH, U TRY.
BUT NEXT TIME, REMEMBER THAT CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
ITS NOT AN ISSUE OF ''BLACK POWER AND BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL'' AS U ERRONEOUSLY LABELLED IT, ITS A MATTER OF LOVING WHO U ARE AND YOUR EXISTENCE.
DONT BE MISLED BY THE WAY THE MEDIA POTRAYS THE WHITE WOMEN AS EPITOME OF BEAUTY AND CLASS AND THE BLACK WOMEN AS THE OPPOSITE.
DONT EVER LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH THAT MENTALITY OR EVEN RAISE UR CHILDREN IN IT TOO.
IT WILL GET US NO WHERE RATHER IT WILL PUSH US FURTHER DOWN THE CHAIN.
APPRECIATE YOUR PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE AND VERY SOON THE WORLD WILL APPRECIATE YOU, COS PEOPLE SEE WITH THEIR MINDS.
BE PROUD OF YOUR FELLOW WOMEN COS THEY DESERVE IT.
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by BABE3: 4:40am On Jan 19, 2012
revlution:

MADAM, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION EH, U TRY.
BUT NEXT TIME, REMEMBER THAT CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
ITS NOT AN ISSUE OF ''BLACK POWER AND BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL'' AS U ERRONEOUSLY LABELLED IT, ITS A MATTER OF LOVING WHO U ARE AND YOUR EXISTENCE.
DONT BE MISLED BY THE WAY THE MEDIA POTRAYS THE WHITE WOMEN AS EPITOME OF BEAUTY AND CLASS AND THE BLACK WOMEN AS THE OPPOSITE.
DONT EVER LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH THAT MENTALITY OR EVEN RAISE your CHILDREN IN IT TOO.
IT WILL GET US NO WHERE RATHER IT WILL PUSH US FURTHER DOWN THE CHAIN.
APPRECIATE YOUR PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE AND VERY SOON THE WORLD WILL APPRECIATE YOU, COS PEOPLE SEE WITH THEIR MINDS.
BE PROUD OF YOUR FELLOW WOMEN COS THEY DESERVE IT.

[img]http://mlkshk.com/r/21JW[/img]
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by revlution: 4:44am On Jan 19, 2012
BABE!:

[img]http://mlkshk.com/r/21JW[/img]

ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW YOU SMUGGLED YOUR SELF INTO FINLAND. lipsrsealed
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by BABE3: 4:46am On Jan 19, 2012
revlution:

Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by BABE3: 4:59am On Jan 19, 2012
revlution:

WE BLACK PEOPLE HAVE TO LOVE AND SEE BEAUTY IN OURSELVES BEFORE OTHER PEOPLE CAN SEE US AS BEAUTIFUL.
IF A '' BLACK PERSON'' COULD POST THIS ARTICLE GLORIFYING THE BEAUTY OF WHITE PEOPLE AND NOT EVEN RECOGNIZING HER FELLOW BLACK PEOPLE THEN IT GOES A LONG WAY TO TELL HOW ASHAMED SHE IS TO BE LABELLED A BLACK WOMAN.

You've spoken like a true illiterate! A clueless one, to be precised. Olodo. Olodo. Olodo.

Do you even know what the thread is about? Fecking Olodo.

The thread is about FASHION at the freaking golden globes. Freaking illiterate.

The thread is not about glorifying beauty! Non-smart a$$!

The women whose pictures I put up, are the ones I was interested in criticizing. I was INTERESTED IN CRITICIZING THEIR CLOTHES, ACCESSORIES, SHOES and MAKE-UP!

So, I should have put a black woman's picture up (even if I'm not interested in criticizing what she was putting on) just because I'm black?

What sort of human being are you people?  undecided How do you even sleep at night?

Olodo. And if you didn't notice, my first post says "You can always post more pictures".

Bunch of illiterates!

My epistle is for you and your crew! Olodos.
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by revlution: 5:17am On Jan 19, 2012
BABE!:

Spoken like a true illiterate! A clueless one, to be precised. Olodo. Olodo. Olodo.

The women whose pictures I put up, are the ones I was interested in criticizing. I was INTERESTED IN CRITICIZING THEIR CLOTHES, ACCESSORIES, SHOES and MAKE-UP! How the french is that your problem?

So, I should have put a black woman's picture up (even though I'm not interested in criticizing what she was putting on) just because I'm black?

What sort of human being are you people?  undecided How do you even sleep at night?

Olodo. And if you didn't notice, my first post says "You can always post more pictures".

Bunch of illiterates!

My epistle is for you and crew! Olodos.

[/qu

BABE! link=topic=848154.msg9996721#msg9996721 date=1326945547:

You've spoken like a true illiterate! A clueless one, to be precised. Olodo. Olodo. Olodo.

The women whose pictures I put up, are the ones I was interested in criticizing. I was INTERESTED IN CRITICIZING THEIR CLOTHES, ACCESSORIES, SHOES and MAKE-UP!

So, I should have put a black woman's picture up (even if I'm not interested in criticizing what she was putting on) just because I'm black?

Bunch of illiterates!

My epistle is for you and your crew! Olodos.

FIRST OF ALL, A LADY, ANY LADY SHOULDNT USE SWEAR WORDS.ANY MATURE REASONABLE PERSON SHOULD BE ABLE TO EXPRESS HIM/HERSELF IN A CLEAR CONCISE POLITE MANNER. ARE YOU DOING THAT

READS ALL YOUR REPLIES IN THIS POST AND SHOW ME A PARAGRAPH THAT DOESNT CONTAIN A SWEAR WORD. ARE YOU A LADY
ARE YOU A MOTHER TO BE

CAN YOU EDUCATE PEOPLE WITHOUT FRUSTRATION SETTING IN?DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH LANGUAGE PROBLEM OR WHAT?
AS A ''CRITIC'' CAN U PLS ANALYSE YOUR STATE OF MIND IN THIS ISSUE.

THAT NOT WITHSTANDING, I UNDERSTAND THAT THE THREAD WAS ALL ABOUT FASHION AND NOT RACE, BUT FOR THE FACT THAT NO BLACK WOMAN(CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG) DIDNT WEAR VERSACE, GUCCI, VERA WANG, JIMMY CHOO DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY ARE NOT WORTH BEING NOTICED.
EVEN IF THEY ARE WEARING ABADA, HOLLANDIS OR ACCRA, AS A CRITIC YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BALANCE BETWEEN THE 2 CULTURES AND STILL BRING OUT THE ESSENCE OF GLOBAL FASHION AND NOT JUST ''WHITE '' FASHION .
OK!
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by BABE3: 5:25am On Jan 19, 2012
^^ You need immediate medical attention! The more you post, the less sense you make. I'm not frustrated. The purpose of the "swear words" was to help in sinking my message into your brain. Apparently, the method didn't work.

New trick; Don't bother yourself about my swear words. Focus on using your brain! 

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-819333.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-819340.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-754577.0.html#msg9110233

Read and weep!

Illiterate!
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by revlution: 5:31am On Jan 19, 2012
BABE!:

^^ You need immediate medical attention! The more you post, the less sense you make. Don't bother yourself about my swear words. Focus on using your brain demmit!  angry

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-819333.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-819340.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-754577.0.html#msg9110233

Read and weep!

Illiterate!

*SIGHS*
YOU ARE TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND SPACE, 
I REST MY CASE.
IN CONCLUSION, BE PROUD OF WHO U ARE.
*YAWNS*
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by Idowuogbo(f): 5:47am On Jan 19, 2012
Mortal kombat dey happen hia o grin cheesy grin grin grin

@thread

Emmh Jolie looks anorexic, her choice is also a let down, she has done flawless dis IMO wasn't.D colour against her skin makes her paleness more obvious,raw turkey dats a no no.

Ms Pitman is she bin for real? Emmh maybe she rushed out of her mates wedding to b there.

Sofia nailed it,ouh la la la senorita kiss kiss
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 19, 2012
BABE!:

What did you guys think 'Golden Globes' was? The Nigeria National Honors awards?  

And when you saw "Who wore what?" on the front page, it didn't click to you that the thread is gonna be fashion-related? What were you expecting?  

If you have no business with fashion, don't bother coming here! Go away! angry

Oscars, Grammys, SAG awards, Emmys, and Tonys are coming up. I'm planning on criticizing the fashion at all those events. Let me see any of you spewing nonsense here again; i'll make sure I cut off y'alls legs.

LWKMD, the fashonist, can u afford any one of those stuff they are putting on? Hell No

To bad am coming to Finland this month where u are, pray that i dont see u, cos i will ship u back to lagos where u belong and join the people protesting
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 19, 2012
revlution:

LWKMD, make una no kill me here na, are u trying to tell us that she is a product of child trafficking?  grin
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by kadman(m): 8:04am On Jan 19, 2012
BABE. Nice thread and your gif responses made me laugh.

I swear people be taking things way too seriously and have too much time on they hands !

I'm sure if there were popular black actresses at the award their pictures would have been posted. I don't know who the black actress above is. End of
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by sylve11: 10:24am On Jan 19, 2012
Meddler:

Someone give Angelia a sandwich. She looks disgusting. Seriously is this what's considered sexy these days? she looks emaciated. Yuck!

i am sure she's having diarrhea b4 she appeared on camera grin grin grin cool
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by sugar001(f): 10:37am On Jan 19, 2012
Funny thread and replies, Roflmao. *jokes section please!
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by nwanioma(f): 10:43am On Jan 19, 2012
Danka7777:

You really do have a sense of humor. who is "insecure?" Do you really know what the word means? If you knew you wouldn't be using it.  First, the fact is that you are refusing to post pictures of your fellow black women like your mother, tells me that you  VERY INSECURE in yourself and your race.

Second, the fact that you can smugly say " I have no reason for not putting a black woman's picture up" tells me that you need some psychological help to purge you of your inherent hatred for your fellow black women. I believe you are black also.  I have no problem with you putting up here photos of all white women but at least include a black face, even one is ok. So that if our young daughters come up here and look at it, they will all a have sense of themselves being represented as a projector of beauty.

Anyone who looks at this forum and wonders how it made it to the top page definitely sees what I see.  Do you have any sense of reason? Can you understand that this is a forum for Black people of an African country and 99% of the viewers and contributors are black. Can you get this? Do I need to explain this again?

Why make it a black white thing! Do you not think that it is you who is being racist! If you can not see through peoples skin colors, and see them as human being, instead of black, white Hispanic, or what ever race you choose. I think that is the highest form of racism. You should check your self, same goes for your supporters!
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by BABE3: 12:59pm On Jan 19, 2012
odiaero:

LWKMD, the fashonist, can u afford any one of those stuff they are putting on? Hell No

To bad am coming to Finland this month where u are, pray that i dont see u, cos i will ship u back to lagos where u belong and join the people protesting

odiaero:

LWKMD, make una no kill me here na, are u trying to tell us that she is a product of child trafficking?  grin

You're a true A******! You never disappoint. A true masochist you are! I've caused enough damage on this thread. I'd have happily given you the arse-whopping you deserve and request. You're long over-due for one.

However, you should know me by now ---  you're not getting away with the nonsense you typed. I'll haunt you down!

Watch your back! C****!

Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by BABE3: 1:02pm On Jan 19, 2012
kadman:

BABE. Nice thread and your gif responses made me laugh.

I swear people be taking things way too seriously and have too much time on they hands !

I'm sure if there were popular black actresses at the award their pictures would have been posted. I don't know who the black actress above is. End of
nwani oma:

Why make it a black white thing! Do you not think that it is you who is being racist! If you can not see through peoples skin colors, and see them as human being, instead of black, white Hispanic, or what ever race you choose. I think that is the highest form of racism. You should check your self, same goes for your supporters!

The arrival of sane people! What took you guys so long? cheesy
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by missKeri(f): 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2012
I really think Shailene Woodley and Kate Beckinsale Should be on the list of best dressed

Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by nwanioma(f): 1:08pm On Jan 19, 2012
lots of neutral colors!
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by BABE3: 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2012
nwani oma:

lots of n[i]u[/i]de colors!

I know right! It was an overload. It suited most of them though.
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by BABE3: 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2012
missKeri:

I really think Shailene Woodley and Kate Beckinsale Should be on the list of best dressed

Shailene Woodley In Marchesa

Critic: Boring! Couldn't have been on my best dressed nominees list. She looks nice though.

Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by BABE3: 1:18pm On Jan 19, 2012
missKeri:

Kate Beckinsale

Critic: I adore the shape of the neck line. The dress fits her! However, I wish it was in a brighter color, then maybe she would have made my list of best dressed.

Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by coogar: 2:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
odiaero and revlution are stark illiterates!
shaking my head at how grown naija men love to disgrace their family trees on a public forum.
golden globe awards and some people think ini edo and mercy johnson should have been mentioned. . .why not include baba suwe and nkem owoh.

if martin luther king was still living, i am sure he would have tongue-lashed you tools.
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by Adaeze003(f): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2012
what about reese witherspoon? I loved her dress. Definitely a best dressed nom for me!
But sophia takes the cake. ¤hawt¤

and people, its not all about black and white its the golden globes and not the naija film festival. Spencer looks nice though! cool
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by Divaifylor(f): 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2012
Just noticed dis thread now,have u opened d thread for d SAG awards Babe? would really love 2 criticize. Anyway,I love Sophia Vegarra,but I'm getting tired of d constant mermaid style,she did d same mermaid style at d SAG awards n looked great anyway. Lea Mitchell looked horrible,d dress was just 2 old 4 her,it looked lyk sumtin Halle Berry had worn once. Angelina Jolie was stunning, she wore a vintage black gown at d SAG awards and once again she looked divine in dat Angelina Jolie sought of way,but I still prefer d Golden Globe look,damn!love her legs. Many loved Chalize Theron but I must say I didn't really lyk it,but hey! I'm not d fashion expert. I loved Julie Bowens look also. I'm a sucker 4 Buffy d vampire slayer even though it's old,so I neva c anytin wrong with Sarah Gellahs look,I don't think it's as bad as pple say. I wuld really love 2 c ur thread on d SAG awards
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by BABE3: 12:24am On Feb 01, 2012
Divaifylor:

Just noticed dis thread now,have u opened d thread for d SAG awards Babe? would really love 2 criticize. Anyway,I love Sophia Vegarra,but I'm getting tired of d constant mermaid style,she did d same mermaid style at d SAG awards n looked great anyway. Lea Mitchell looked horrible,d dress was just 2 old 4 her,it looked lyk sumtin Halle Berry had worn once. Angelina Jolie was stunning, she wore a vintage black gown at d SAG awards and once again she looked divine in dat Angelina Jolie sought of way,but I still prefer d Golden Globe look,damn!love her legs. Many loved Chalize Theron but I must say I didn't really lyk it,but hey! I'm not d fashion expert. I loved Julie Bowens look also. I'm a sucker 4 Buffy d vampire slayer even though it's old,so I neva c anytin wrong with Sarah Gellahs look,I don't think it's as bad as pple say. I wuld really love 2 c ur thread on d SAG awards 

Awww. I'm so freaking inspired. I was discouraged by those silly posts on this thread.  cheesy I was on the verge of fashi-ing the SAG awards thread. Reading your post made me change my mind.

I'm working on it. It's coming up soon (probably tomorrow).
Re: Fashion At The 2012 Golden Globes. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2012
If Angenlina Jolie is what sexy means then abeg i plead to be unsexy. Lawd have mercy. She looks ill and streched, i feel like force feeding her. WTF, thats not sexy thats scary. She looks like she will faint any minute, nothing elegant about the way she looks, I am scared looking at her.

Catwalk The World! Launched In Lagos (pics Included) / JIMZSTYLE Concept ,home Of Men Footwear / Maternity Gowns Sown With Ankara

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73