Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,958 members, 7,949,274 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:36 AM

Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December (10992 Views)

Saraki Rocks Made In Aba Attire, Cruises Nigerian Made Jeep (PHOTOS) / LASTMA Officials And Bus Driver Battle It Out In Lagos Traffic. Photos / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 9:46am On Oct 10, 2007
almondjoy:

Maintain the "Ke Ke Marwas", "Tokunbos", "bolekajas" you have first before manufacturing others. I am all for Nigeria manufacturing goods and services--but please let us take safety into consideration first!

Are those made in Nigeria? How can you maintain (in the strict sense of the word) what you did not make, what you don't even know how to make?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2007
FSU:

Are those made in Nigeria? How do you maintain (in the strict sense of the word) what you did not make?

We know.  You learn from those who have perfected in the manufacturing of what is currently available.  Even in developed countries--they keep trying to improve in what they have instead of jumping into new projects.  We manufacture "high tech" corruption in Nigeria but still cannot maintain it! cheesy But not to make light of the situation, using Volkswagen engines in BMWs are not exactly what you mean by maintenance right? Safety first please.  See problems with mechanics and spare part dealers in Nigeria. All ready to rip you off without considering what the human life is worth.

Nigerians are known to cut corners like we witnessed with sosoliso airline and the Aborishade saga as Minister of Aviation.  Can we please start with bicycles and work our way up? It is easier to survive falling from a bicycle made in Nigeria that to have a whole car explode up your rear end from "trial and error" manufacturers.  See what is going on with China now?  Substandard goods in the name of manufacturing. Like we do not have enough safety concerns? undecided Just like advocating for the acquisition of "nuclear" technology?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 10:30am On Oct 10, 2007
almondjoy:

We know. You learn from those who have perfected in the manufacturing of what is currently available. Even in developed countries--they keep trying to improve in what they have instead of jumping into new projects. We manufacture "high tech" corruption in Nigeria but still cannot maintain it! cheesy But not to make light of the situation, using Volkswagen engines in BMWs are not exactly what you mean by maintenance right? Safety first please. See problems with mechanics and spare part dealers in Nigeria. All ready to rip you off without considering what the human life is worth.

Nigerians are known to cut corners like we witnessed with sosoliso airline and the Aborishade saga as Minister of Aviation. Can we please start with bicycles and work our way up? It is easier to survive falling from a bicycle made in Nigeria that to have a whole car explode up your rear end from "trial and error" manufacturers. See what is going on with China now? Substandard goods in the name of manufacturing. Like we do not have enough safety concerns? undecided Just like advocating for the acquisition of "nuclear" technology?

Manufactruring comes before maintenance. You cannot maintain what you do not know anything about. What is your point? You argue like Militia AKA Babeelove. grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by McKren(m): 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2007
it is in order: Igbo Made Jeep.

We should all embrass it.

BMW = baverian motor works.

It is made by the proud 'Bayerns'; yet everyone/Germans see at as German machine.

Good point
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2007
FSU:

Manufactruring comes before maintenance. You cannot maintain what you do not know anything about. What is your point? You argue like Militia AKA Babeelove. grin

I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you there. The problem is not necessarily the people but what the people have seen and come to know of. The fact that we find it hard to maintain the tokunbos speak volumes. If we can not maintain that which we already have, how do we know we will be able to maintain that which we do not have yet? I must say the truth is in the pudding. Kind of like a fish in an aquarium but keeps asking the parents for a dog. If the child can not even take care of the fish, how do you trust the child to take care of the dog
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2007
If you built it yourself, you will certainly have the skills to maintain it. That is the point.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Mariory(m): 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2007
I don't think skills are the issue. The issues are resources and in the case of we Nigerians, the 'culture'.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by McKren(m): 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2007
Kobojunkie:

I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you there. The problem is not necessarily the people but what the people have seen and come to know of. The fact that we find it hard to maintain the tokunbos speak volumes. If we can not maintain that which we already have, how do we know we will be able to maintain that which we do not have yet? I must say the truth is in the pudding. Kind of like a fish in an aquarium but keeps asking the parents for a dog. If the child can not even take care of the fish, how do you trust the child to take care of the dog

It is easier to manage maintenance of Newly produced cars if the factories and assembly plants are in your home country than maintaining a completely imported car (whether new or old) if the spares are abroad.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by BigB11(m): 7:22pm On Oct 10, 2007
If the child can not even take care of the fish, how do you trust the child to take care of the dog

May be the child wants something to pet, something to take for a walk, something to protect him.

@Kobojunkie;

It is about time to have made in Nigeria cars. This is not only great for Nigeria, but also magnificent for the entire Africa.
There is absolutely no need to be panic; let's just be happy and proud.
We have seen too much defeatism, too much pessimism, too much of a negative approach, all within 47 years. It is time for us, Nigerians to step up our confidence, be optimistic and embrace this wonderful accomplishment.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 10, 2007
some people are condemning the so called "Igbo Jeeps" and would gladly buy second hand imports that have been declared unworthy for American streets due to multiple accidents and damaged parts.
Cars that failed the " MOT "in Britain.
see how stupid we sound.

I say let's give this vehicle a chance.
At least we know the manufacturers and can track them down easily if need be.
We can easily get to Nnewi and confront them grin grin grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2007
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December

FSU, dont u know d meaning of L o l, it means 'laughing out loud' , it is a negative expression. Now answer this : why were u Lol when u support d idea or do u think it means 'looking out lovely'?.
Abeg Bros, u dey change like weather or abi u be chameleon?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2007
@poster

It appears you have stake in the said igbo made jeep, that you are so blind to see the disaster that await this country if this igbo jeep is allowed to run on our soil. As he fellow poster early said "we can't even produce a bicycle parts talk less of a whole bicycle", I have known the said Innoson and his range of fake motorcycle spare parts.
His name only will even kill the dream of manufacturing a Nigeria made car or even wheel barrow.

My dear FSU, i think you need to see a doctor because you are so brainless to think that this Innoson made or assembled igbo jeep is an achievement to this country. I repeat, it will only kill innocent people on our highways.

Producing a Nigerian made car or even aeroplane is a highly welcomed idea but it should come from people with reputation on quality and standard.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2007
@willywilly

I have come to know you on this forum as someone so troublesome, and your strong likeness for anything bad. without hard feels, let Innoson produce a sample for you and FSU if i see any post from any of you on nairaland after two weeks i will order for me and my friends.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 10, 2007
evergie:

@poster

It appears you have stake in the said igbo made jeep, that you are so blind to see the disaster that await this country if this igbo jeep is allowed to run on our soil. As he fellow poster early said "we can't even produce a bicycle parts talk less of a whole bicycle", I have known the said Innoson and his range of fake motorcycle spare parts.
His name only will even kill the dream of manufacturing a Nigeria made car or even wheel barrow.

My dear FSU, i think you need to see a doctor because you are so brainless to think that this Innoson made or assembled igbo jeep is an achievement to this country. I repeat, it will only kill innocent people on our highways.

Producing a Nigerian made car or even aeroplane is a highly welcomed idea but it should come from people with reputation on quality and standard.

abeg shut up!
you're talking of people that made bombs from basically nothing.
Someone earlier told you of "Igbo made computers" in nigeria and you're stil here talking nonsense

Nigerians have made fabrics,radio,computers,bicycles.
We even make and drink our own bournvita and horlicks grin

we have our own steel industry,make roofing sheets,build magnificient homes and it's furnishings yet we are unable to put together body parts of a car whose engine is imported.
what are we training Engineers for if they can't put metals together.

Do the ones in GM and Toyota  have 2 heads ?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2007
It's people like evergie that'll allow a white man jump queue in Nigeria and rush to carry his load.

Some Nigerians can be so irritating
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2007
This evergie idiot sucks. He is an oshodi-based nonentity. Just take a look at his photo ands see his unserious face, indicating the extent of his reasoning. slowpoke.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2007
Dat is what i call 'wishful thinking'. Look, d bitter truth is dat we must start from d scratch, we cant even boast of basic amenities ---- electricity, water etc. and you are talking about jeep manufacturing, lets start by manufacturing toothpicks. We import common phone chargers dat chinese kids use for homework & u are here talking about Jeeps, I guess u guys dont buy airtime for browsing, abi?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2007
No fsu,the guy is fine.
He is not at all bad looking.

I'm a girl,I know wo wo when I see one
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 10, 2007
ogalanya,in Nigeria,it is the governments responsibility to water and fire the citizens grin
not manufacture cars.

should we shut down our private sector because we drink pure water?
I think not.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2007
Is Innoson group of Companies same as Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON)? If SON refuses to do its job like NAFDAC is doing, is that why we cannot produce our own car? Make the car and let SON evaluate it. We still have drug manufacturing companies in Nigeria, even as NAFDAC is performing its duty meticulously.
nwando:

No fsu,the guy is fine.
He is not at all bad looking.

I'm a girl,I know wo wo when I see one

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Moreover, what is the use having a smiling face if you are are brainless?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2007
FSU:

Is Innoson group of Companies same as Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON)? If SON refuses to do its job like NAFDAC is doing, is that why we cannot produce our own car? Make the car and let SON evaluate it. We still have drug manufacturing companies in Nigeria, even as NAFDAC is performing its duty meticulously.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

good point.
the private companies are "trying"
we should not stop them
But  for the private sector,most Nigerians would have been living under the bridge and begging for alms.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2007
nwando:

We even make and drink our own bournvita and horlicks grin

Nwando, u can't even manufacture your simple grammar & u are talking about jeep grin grin grin grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2007
Ogalanya,

It is because you are still rudimentary and technologically pristine that you talk of internet time being paid for as if you have no clue that many people provide their own internet services. Largad. Motor don leave you behind in your backwardness.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by DisGuy: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2007
Any mass transporter or company made any firm offers/orders??
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by debosky(m): 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2007
nwando baby no mind these people, It is a laudable achievement, if properly done and executed.

But a note of warning, if the man in question has dubious credentials as to previous things he has produced, those things will taint the perception of later ventures. Trust and Confidence are very important in this industry.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 10, 2007
debosky:

nwando baby no mind these people, It is a laudable achievement, if properly done and executed.

But a note of warning, if the man in question has dubious credentials as to previous things he has produced, those things will taint the perception of later ventures. Trust and Confidence are very important in this industry.

my bro,my enemies are multiplying per second per second.
God dey
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Iman3(m): 9:07pm On Oct 10, 2007
johston:

this fake news is just like those fake drugs in onitsha market. lipsrsealed

Mohadana,this thing na curse o grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by grafikdon: 9:07pm On Oct 10, 2007
You import car, na yawah. . . you make your own, na hell fire. As long as you're dealing with humans, you just can't please everyone! It's like telling a pregnant woman to abort the baby because they believe the child is an Abacha incarnate. You can fume all you want but this project is going to happen. Let's wait for the 'test drive' before we start analyzing what we haven't seen. Black people and inferiority complex. . . If the product fails to meet the specified safety standards, then we can tell the manufacturers to go back to drawing board until they come up with something exceptional. It's that simple.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by grafikdon: 9:10pm On Oct 10, 2007
I-man:

Mohadana,this thing na curse o grin

The guy na original 'Anwu anwu' alias Ijiji. . .the more you swat am with frying pan, the more it follows you everywhere you go.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by DisGuy: 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2007
na wetin better for una be that! if na una dey do am u go dey enjoy now they guy dey gbadun him curse u dey hala tongue
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kanto: 10:28pm On Oct 10, 2007
My brothers, you guys should not be surprised at the views of evergie and other mentally inferior slaves who prefer to buy from the whiteman than to develop their own through trial and error.

It is also the reason why many advocate Biafra, because as long as the Igbo remain in Nigeria, other lazy, jealous good for nothing tribes will never allow the Igbo reach their full potential out of jealousy.

Every country on the planet that is into technology started with fakes, from Japan, to Taiwan, to South Korea,to China  to Singapore etc eventually through trial and error they improved and now produce world class products. China is now almost a world power. That is the natural cycle of any development process.

If you don't start, how can you improve?

ZINOX computers is presently also Igbo made and it has been very succesful.

So don't mind this tribally jealous and mentally inferior African slaves like evergie and their co. travellers.
The Igbo should just keep on doing what they are doing, one day just like Taiwan, and China they will triumph and have the last laugh.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by naijaway(m): 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2007
Producing a Nigerian made car or even aeroplane is a highly welcomed idea but it should come from people with reputation on quality and standard

This kind talk sounds very dumb because u have to have a standard of some sort before u have a reputation.  You are talking as if people in naija and most places will not appreciate a 98maxima better than a 2004/5/6 tarcel or volkwagen but yet a lot of people don't mind at this time not to talk about a situation when majority if not all of the parts will be at anyone tips.
 If this project goes through successfully, there will be improvements, competitions and jobs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zik:let Us Forget Our Differences: Sardauna:no, Let Us Understand Them / 4 Nigerians Beaten By 30 Malaysians In Kepong, / Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.