Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,108 members, 7,943,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? (7993 Views)

Jonathan With The Son Of Martin Luther King Jr / Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame / Buhari Considers Pastor Tunde Bakare As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by olugbemi4u: 10:47am On Jan 18, 2012
Pastor Bakare, is indeed a man to be respected for his actions and a martin luther king jr of this generation.if he comply with every other wealthy Nigerians,we would't go anywhere he involved in party politics is in line with his legal rights.in fact,those condem bakare action are boundle of mediocrity.where were they when i stood up for Jonathan thru save Nigeria group?
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by yd849ja: 10:48am On Jan 18, 2012
"Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Pastor Tunde Bakare I salute your courage and appreciate your effort.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 18, 2012
The very few in line with the MLK anatomy;

Gani Fawehinmi - already late,
  Pastor Tunde Bakare
  Adams Oshiomole
  Pa Chinwua Achebe
  Falana - A man that his trust could be doubted
  Wole Soyinka - Nigeria is bigger than confra, but gud end up a good leader!

GEJ - I understand he is fighting to get through
  Fashola - Far from the masses, but a little considerate!
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 18, 2012
grin grin grin grin lolz I no fit shout. no be only Luther King o na Luther Prince. grin
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by soloqy: 11:39am On Jan 18, 2012
Martin Luther King wasnt a politician in the mould of Bakare. He was just interested in the liberation of the people. Tunde Bakare has other ulterior motives as confirmed by his speeches.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by dejiariyo1: 11:45am On Jan 18, 2012
As a person who knows much about the history of civil right movement in America, Pastor Bakare to me is the MLK of Nigeria.
You might hate him but he is far better than most selfish arrogant pastors that will rather fly in jets than to speak out on the crises affecting their church members.
I do not know Bakare personally or ever met him but to me, history will always be kind to him for being on the side of the oppressed and not staying with the oppressors like most Nigerian pastors would do.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 18, 2012
Martin Luther King was a selfless activist. Tunde Bakare is a Politician. Very BIG difference between the two.

@OP

Check your brain very well; maybe a Nut fell out of it.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by success4(m): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2012
soloqy:

Martin Luther King wasnt a politician in the mould of Bakare. He was just interested in the liberation of the people. [b]Tunde Bakare has other ulterior motives [/b]as confirmed by his speeches.

You need to educate us on the bolded!

Ranks007:

The very few in line with the MLK anatomy;

Gani Fawehinmi - already late,
  Pastor Tunde Bakare
  Adams Oshiomole
  Pa Chinwua Achebe
  [s]Falana - A man that his trust could be doubted [/s]
  Wole Soyinka - Nigeria is bigger than confra, but gud end up a good leader!

[s][s]GEJ - I understand he is fighting to get through[/s][/s]
  [s]Fashola - Far from the masses, but a little considerate![/s]

Gani,Tunde, Achebe! Others are nefarious people!

Did Bakare has any record of being corrupt as pastor and Lawyer? NO
Did Bakare has money to buy fuel even at 250/per litre? Yes
Did Bakare collected bribe from our weakest president of all time? NO
Can Bakare be trusted considering his intergrity? Yes
etc,

Hate him or like him, Bakare I hail your courage jaree! Ignore these bunch
of paid poster here and continue the fight to make Nigeria better!
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 18, 2012
@Poster

Unfortunately many of those who had commented know little about  Martin Luther King Jr. (MLK). MLK was not as popularly accepted in his days as he is after death. He was a priest and activist and for most of his life was against the way the United States of America was governed. He campaigned for America's equality law to become a reality. He saw the equality law working only in the case of white-skinned Americans. MLK was against the invasion of Vietnam and he was very vocal about his opinions that America lacks the credibility to teach the rest of the world morals. He was popular with some black people but not all and not majority of blacks approved of his method. Many blacks thought he was too peaceful in his approach. Albeit  the American government saw him as enemy of peace and accused him severally of inciting violence. He was arrested in one of the protests he organised because the government claimed the so called peaceful protest had turned violent.  Malcom X also fought for black emancipation about the same time but his own principle was "an eye for an eye." Many others also led similar protests around the same time but when the dreams of all those who fought for black emancipation in America started to yield fruits the "I have a dream" speech by MLK came to lime light hence his post-mortem popularity.  

Pastor Bakare is similar to MLK in many ways both are priests and activist, both participated in protests against government's policy, both were accused of inciting the public against the government, both believe their country would be better, both are not accepted by many of the people they fight for, both have been arrested at one time or the other by the government. Even though Bakare is not the only one who led protest against the fuel subsidy nor was he the only one who had always spoke against the way the Nigerian government is being runned by the ruling class. His opinions and protests continue to remain the most popular in Nigeria today. Even during Obasanjo's regime he was arrested for prophesying doom on Obasanjo. It seems the government is quite afraid of his statements because he is not the only one making such comments. However Bakare and MLK share their many differences.

It's unfortunate that some have given silly and sentimental comments about Bakare. The SSS had noted him since he was a Fellowship president in Unilag as an activist so everything he says or does is not new to his friends and those who know his history. That's just Bakare, if Gani was alive he would probably do the same. You cannot run away from yourself.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by success4(m): 11:54am On Jan 18, 2012
Olodostein:

Martin Luther King was a selfless activist. Tunde Bakare is a Politician. Very BIG difference between the two.

@OP

Check your brain very well; maybe a Nut fell out of it.

I feel your brain needs to be returned to yaba-left grin grin grin
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by MAYOWAAK: 11:56am On Jan 18, 2012
For those of you condemning and criticizing Pastor Bakare,I suggest you take into consideration the immortal words of Theodore Roosevelt,the 26TH President of America which states as follows:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2012
Topik.
Not yet.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by laCapri: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2012
Hell no.
IBB seems more like it
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Ournaija: 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2012
This man left the comfort of his house to be identified with the masses and also put his own voice together with that of his people so that the  people`s voice can be heard. It baffles me why people will open their dirty mouth to condemn him for saying out what he believe in.

We have so many imams and pastors who stayed glued to their wealth at home. They will never complain because their their bellies are too full.  I like GEJ, I like Tunde Bakare more
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Dunniah(f): 12:33pm On Jan 18, 2012
Doesn't matter if people run up their mouths against Pastor Tunde Bakare. It doesn't even matter if he was doing it for selfish resons as some people allege. All I know is he lent his voice to the right cause at a time when people needed it. Some of us would forever appreciate that.

For those that keep saying he did it for personal gains, especially for the 2015 elections, has it ever occurred to you that some other politicians would emerge in 2015, people that never moved a muscle during the protest. They would clamour for your votes. Bakare could have contested in 2015 without the protest saga but at least he did the right thing. What say ye to the others?
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by akings100: 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2012
Anybody doubting is envious of Tunde Bakare's his growing stature. Why dont we celebrate our own? Why do we allow sentiment to becloud oue sense of reasoning, men of God in Nigeria are scared of contamination, yet Bakare stood up fought for injustice and corruption of PDP. When he was fighting for Goodluck no body raise eyebrow, now that he is challenging him for bad governance, u guys want to cricise him. He is the MLK of Nigeria. May God bless him Tunde Bakare.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by UyiIredia(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2012
@ OP's question >>> No.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2012
Pastor Bakare is without doubt a great man never to be forgotten in the history of Nigeria. He can be compared with Luther but I do have some reservations. He has done what probably was unthinkable by dining with Muslims even as a Christian Pastor. It reminds me of the biblical case of Jews and Gentiles.

He crossed the religious and ethnic barrier which is holding us back as a Nation and I appreciate that.

MY RESERVATION
Coming soon,
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Fineone(m): 3:37pm On Jan 18, 2012
Pastor Tunde Bakare is a shephered, you don't have to like him. Unlike many of our corrupt leaders that will swim with the tide he is coherent and correct.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by KnowAll(m): 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2012
jokes apart,

Bakare has actually given some very strong inspiring speech that should jolt even the most lakadisical of nations of her responsibilities to her citizens, but in Nigeria the twin devil of tribalism and nepotism is even a bigger monster than one can envisage.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by bilaya(m): 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2012
Tunde Bakare should be compared to the devil and not Martin Luther King.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by 9jafreak: 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2012
[size=16pt]Nigerians are really sick in the head

It has to be said

FELA talk but was hardly heard

Until he went quietly to his bed

Now a few folks come in his stead

and, well, just look at all that has been said.

It's a poor poem really, but what more can you give a DOUBLETHINKING people?
[/size]
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by manbuchai: 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2012
Bakare is envious of President jonathan,comparing him with Dr.Martin luther king is a big joke.Why did Bakare not gather crowd to protest against the killing of christians in the north.Southerners gets killed every day and nobody protested,Bakere and his gangs came out to protest against the removal of fuel subsidy.It means he has no value for life rather he values material things,it`s bad.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by kennyeast(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2012
BEFORE NOW I USE TO THINK THAT NIGERIAN GOVT WAS ACTUALLY THE ONE BRAINWASHING NIGERIAN BUT NOW I KNOW BETTER, A LOT OF NIGERIANS ARE JUST SO BLIND TO THE REALITY OF LIFE, FOR MANY YEARS NOW THEY HAVE REFUSED TO SEE THE WAY THIS COUNTRY IS BEING RUN BY A GROUP OF GANG MEMBERS, BUT I GIVE GLORY TO GOD ALMIGHTY FOR THE FEW SANE WHO HAS THE INTEREST OF THE COUNTRY AT HEART, THOSE WHO BELIEVE THAT CHANGE COMES WITH ACTION. TUNDE BAKARE IS A GREAT MAN JUST LIKE MLK, HE HAS REFUSE TO DINE WITH THE CORRUPT. SOMEBODY MADE A COMMENT, THAT TUNDE BAKARE IS A POLITICIAN, AND THATS WHAT MAKES HIM A BAD PERSON, I ASK, WHAT DID THE BIBLE WE CLAIM TO BELIEVE IN SAYS ABOUT WHEN THE RIGHTEOUS ARE IN AUTHORITY?

U CAN HATE MY COMMENTS BUT DON'T HATE ME, I CARE ABOUT NIGERIA AND WE NEED EACH OTHER TO SURVIVE AND TO BRING THE CHANGE WE NEED.

NIGERIA WILL SURVIVE!

manbuchai:

Bakare is envious of President jonathan,comparing him with Dr.Martin luther king is a big joke.Why did Bakare not gather crowd to protest against the killing of christians in the north.Southerners gets killed every day and nobody protested,Bakere and his gangs came out to protest against the removal of fuel subsidy.It means he has no value for life rather he values material things,it`s bad.

DO U KNOW THAT HARDSHIP CAN KILL MORE THAN WHAT BOKO HARAM CAN EVER KILL? IF ONLY U KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL DIE BECAUSE OF THE HARDSHIP THIS INCREASE IN FUEL WILL CAUSE, MANY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD MEDICATION, FOOD,TRANSPORTATION AND EVEN HOSPITAL BILLS.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Adanora: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2012
Tunde Bakare my foot
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by jmaine: 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2012
This must be some Huge Joke session grin
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by tunnytox(m): 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2012
goodbobo:

You people will not seize to amaze me . You see a man of God trying to fight for  people right and fight for just cause yet u condemn him .  When he was fighting for GEJ to be installed as the acting president when Yardua died , was he wrong then for fighting for justice ?

See if not for the likes of him , Femi Falana and the rest , you people will be buying fuel for 140n now .

U can compare the two cos they are both pastors and human right activist .

Didn't the bible say faith without work is death . Just praying to God for this country and siting the corner of our home folding our arms will never solve anything .

We see someone not just sitting down , actually doing something to ensure a better Nigeria yet we open our big mouth to condemn him .

Now i see why the efforts of the people like Gani and all the great men that are fighting even at the expense of their life to see a better nigeria are dashed .

Big shame

You beat me to it! Let those cowards continue to run their mouths on the internet when they cannnot voice their opnion in public not to talk of confronting the govt. In the Bible we see prophets like Deborah leading a war and even Elijah challenged Ahab the king and his prophets of baal to a contest on mount carmel. Some mumu will rather continue to sit in their homes suffering and smilling and saying e go better while some will be moving from one prayer mountain to another rather than join forces with sincere people like Pastor Bakare to put an end to corruption.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Dudugirl01(f): 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2012
No be only Martin Luther King, na Martin Luther Slave u go see, abeg
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Koikoi(m): 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2012
Pastor who? is he really a pastor? at Ojota he sounded more like a medusan bigot.

If he were a critic as most peeps want us to believe, he should have been aiming his protests at all social ills in the Nigerian society rather than trying to portray himself as a hero of selective-selfish hidden motive for avenues that will prepare him and his boss (Boko haram, sorry Buhari) for the next election. The id.iotic PTB will continue to fail as long as he decides to push GOD to the back seat while trying to shield HIM from seeing the situations ahead.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by kennyeast(m): 11:15pm On Jan 18, 2012
Koikoi:

Pastor who? is he really a pastor? at Ojota he sounded more like a medusan bigot.

If he were a critic as most peeps want us to believe, he should have been aiming his protests at all social ills in the Nigerian society rather than trying to portray himself as a hero of selective-selfish hidden motive for avenues that will prepare him and his boss (Boko haram, sorry Buhari) for the next election. The id.iotic PTB will continue to fail as long as he decides to push GOD to the back seat while trying to shield HIM from seeing the situations ahead.

Another BIG slave ? What is happening to Nigerians, how can u chose to be a slave in ur own father's house?
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by playahP(m): 6:36am On Jan 19, 2012
Bakare is another politician.
I was soooo shocked the day i heard him say BUHARI is the best president Nigeria ever had!!!!!
and that he wasnt corrupt like other, that he is a saint bla bla bla

Please no more pdp shaaa, dats all l know,

Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Demdem(m): 8:07am On Jan 19, 2012
playah P:

Bakare is another politician.
I was soooo shocked the day i heard him say BUHARI is the best president Nigeria ever had!!!!!
and that he wasnt corrupt like other, that he is a saint bla bla bla

Please no more pdp shaaa, dats all l know,

Kindly disprove him if u can otherwise STFU.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pan-african TVC News To Start 24-hour Broadcasting From November / . / Dankwambo Wants TSA, Other Reforms Strengthened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.