Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:43 AM

Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar (1828 Views)

This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / VAL:Those Who Aren't Expecting/Has No Suitor To Give/Wouldn't Be Getting A Ring / Interprete The Ring On Each Finger. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2012
How true is this statement? Can a man or a woman (for the more open-mined) continue to woo their heart desire even though the latter is in a serious relationship? I once read of how a lady on this forum broke up with her fiance to get married to someone else. I wouldn't have the guts to do that. Would you?
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Mynd44: 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2012
oKay gotcha. Ring okay
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2012
The statement is true! Every lady wants to get married, so if you are being slow, and a guy with similar qualities as you comes along, mehn. . . I wont even blame her! i'll blame myself!
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Mynd44: 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2012
Too many sharp guys these days oooo. I better go buy ring ooo
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2012
@mynd_44 eh eh eh you're not serious. tongue answer my questions instead because there are tons of them in my opening post.
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Mynd44: 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2012
To answer your question, I need some clarifications
Do you mean ring as in engagement or marraige? Cos an engagement is a mere promise which can be broken at anytime. To me yes it's true if there is No WEDDING ring on it, it is not lost.
And yes I can leave someone I am engaged to to marry someone else but it depends on the reasons and circumstances
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2012
Once a person is married, nobody has the right to put them asunder. The last chance is when they just have an engagement ring but even in that case i believe it's still a broken vow. Don't want to sound like a moralist but i have negative views about leaving your partner for another one. Who says that might not become a vicious cycle?
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Dyt(f): 3:39pm On Jan 18, 2012
well tot so too wen i dated a guy wit a gf, bt its neva same everywhere, d lady cld get lucky n at d oda end she prolly myt loose
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by iice(f): 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2012
Depends on the person.

I've been taken since i first saw Johnny grin
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by slimyem: 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2012
engagemant ring doesnt mean taken and wedding ring doesnt deter some peeps from living and acting like they are available.
Rings and relationships are things of the mind.
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by KateSpade(f): 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
I can understand it. you dont belong to anyone until you are married, if you dont want to marry someone u should try to get out of it. breakup is far better than a divorce.
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by jaybee3(m): 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2012
Engagement ring => Commitment to the course <= Not yet taken as it's only a bloody ring at that stage
Wedding ring => Commitment fulfilled <= You can't just take the ring off and decide you aren't taken any more as process of divorce should normally kick in if the couple decides to split

With the above assertions, i believe the title of the thread should be changed to nobody is taken until they have been joined at the altar  cool cool cool
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2012
Well the moderator can just add "before a minister" cause my title was about the wedding ring. Can the mods do me this little favour?
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by jaybee3(m): 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2012
Fixed
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by freecocoa(f): 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2012
Una don talk am finish.
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by jaybee3(m): 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2012
freecocoa:

Una don talk am finish.
talk your own jor
Abeg make i commot the ring wey dey ya finger grin grin grin
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 18, 2012
Thanks a lot. Feel free to ask if you need something in Culture!
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by emofine2(f): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2012
My parent's don't have a "ring on it" but they're "taken".
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by jaybee3(m): 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2012
emöfine:

My parent's don't have a "ring on it" but they're "taken".

Did they break kolanut at the traditional wedding?
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by emofine2(f): 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2012
jay bee:

Did they break kolanut at the traditional wedding?

Something like that.
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by jaybee3(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2012
emöfine:

Something like that.

They practice Islam?

anyhoo, breaking of the kolanut coupled with bride price shenanigan equates to being taken so says Naija traditional weddings
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Basildon1(m): 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2012
michelin89:

Once a person is married, nobody has the right to put them asunder. The last chance is when they just have an engagement ring but even in that case i believe it's still a broken vow. Don't want to sound like a moralist but i have negative views about leaving your partner for another one. Who says that might not become a vicious cycle?
True say, sooner or later, the new partner realises that the same thing can be done again.
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by MrsChima1(f): 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2012
SMH@if the rings are taken off means heading for divorce  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by jaybee3(m): 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

SMH@if the rings are taken off means heading for divorce  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
You miss me that much

here is my post which you took outta context
jay bee:

Engagement ring => Commitment to the course <= Not yet taken as it's only a bloody ring at that stage
Wedding ring => Commitment fulfilled <= You can't just take the ring off and decide you aren't taken any more as process of divorce should normally kick in if the couple decides to split

With the above assertions, i believe the title of the thread should be changed to nobody is taken until they have been joined at the altar  cool cool cool
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by emofine2(f): 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2012
jay bee:

They practice Islam?

Nope.

anyhoo, breaking of the kolanut coupled with bride price shenanigan equates to being taken so says Naija traditional weddings

True.
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by MrsChima1(f): 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2012
jay bee:

You miss me that much

here is my post which you took outta context

You just had to respond to me huh? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Mynd44: 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2012
jay bee:

They practice Islam?

Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2012
i agree with that statement that NOBODY IS TAKEN UNTIL THEY ARE PROPERLY MARRIED but there are ways to go from one person to the other. if a woman is engaged and suddenly jump ship and marries some other dude (at the drop of a hat) then something was wrong all along, and her ex fiancé just didnt see it.

some women are desperate for marriage and will marry any donkey out there who will have them, just to be seen as A WIFE.
sadly, this is the reason why many are "taken/married" and MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2012
i disagree.
that ring and the vows WON'T stop the man or woman from cheating.
that ring or the vows WON'T and DOESN'T guarantee that there is true love
that ring nor the vows mean a thing except that it is a physical representation of your supposed union.

I SAY what's in the heart and the level of faithfulness in the relationship is what really matters.
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Mynd44: 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2012
I don't think the OP meant cheating. Nore like commitment like the woman having claims over the guy and the othe way round.
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2012
You spoke my mynd in 44 words i suppose. Mzchocolata there's no way i can condone cheating.
Re: Nobody Is Taken Until They Put A Ring On "it" At The Altar by Mynd44: 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2012
Okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could This Be Love? / Can U Date Or Marry An HIV Patient? / Why Dose My Heart Still Skips When I See Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.