Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,693 members, 7,965,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:23 PM

Tribalism Is The Bane Of The Wrath In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism Is The Bane Of The Wrath In Nigeria (579 Views)

NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians / Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating / So-called Tribalism Is A BIG LIE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribalism Is The Bane Of The Wrath In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2012
I watched with keen interest as Nigerians stood against the autocratic rule of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. While i was sympathetic to these group of Nigerians who occupied the streets of Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja and other parts of Nigeria, i noticed a different attitude in different parts of Nigeria.

For the first time in my life i saw people from the muslim north going to the streets to protest against Jonathan. One begins to wonder why they never protested against the totalitarian government of Babangida, Abacha, Yaradua and other northerners that have turned the Nigerian state into a circus show. Is it because the president is a minority christian?

From the south-south, i noticed an apathy on the residents as they saw the president as their own thereby seeing the protest as a fight against the Niger Delta. I saw more protest in support of the removal of fuel subsidy than i saw against the removal. I was wondering if it would have been so had the president being from the north.

In the east(Igboland), i noticed that the people there have lost confidence in the government. They see themselves as strangers in their own land. They wondered why the NLC and civil societies never protest when Igbos are caught up in violence up north.

(1) (Reply)

Zakari Biu: Fate Of A Controversial Cop / Where Is Clifford Orji / Fg To Spend 3.1b On Past Leaders In 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.