Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,273 members, 7,947,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 04:37 PM

Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days (30318 Views)

DPR Suspends Import Permits Of Capital Oil, Sahara & Folawiyo / #FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / APC Spent N5 Billion On Buhari’s Chatham House Speech, PDP Campaign Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by tochman(m): 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Lol I thought Igbos were not part of the subsidy thieves?

Lol, i tot u weren't a Nigerian (hiss)
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by dokunbam(m): 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
@jason123 u talk well my brother. No one should be spared. Corruption must go
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
alj harem:

My brother

I am saying that we have a regulatory body that is meant to ensure the prices of kerosene sales in Nigerian stations. If we do not have a regulatory body that is effective then why not remove them. Why do we keep paying billions to them as well while they are not doing their job and the marketers too make billions.

The price of petroleum products has always been deregulated in a sense because the price of petrol in Lagos or port harcourt or abuja would definatly be different from the price in maiduguri and co. Why ? Because of the transport cost etc Now the government was telling us that the price of petrol has always been 65 naira but we all know it is not true and they know it as well, They know that the regulatory body which they pay billions for has not done their job properly that is why you would find a place like nnewi sale her fuel for 80 naira per liter. Whos fault is that ? the government or the marketer ?

surly I don't like to blame the government for everything but yes this is their fault.

I see your main qualm here is that there has not been sufficient oversight on the part of industry regulators, and I have no quibble with this point of view.
But even at that, exonerating Ifeanyi Uba from what would rightfully be described as financial crimes in most sane climes is a bridge too far, don't you think?

Knowing that this subsidy-bandit agreed to play by certain rules within the downstream sector, why are you so quick to absolve his company of the charges leveled against it?

You get shares for Capital Oil, Alhaji?
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2012
reading through comments here and u can realise that the problem of corruption which we have in this country will never go away.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2012
tochman:

Lol, i tot u weren't a Nigerian (hiss)

I am a Nigerian but not a coward thieving Igbo

No wonder dey no fit protest for Yiboland, na their pikin dey tiff the money
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
They know the real thieves. All we ask for is total reversal of PMS to N65.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Chinom(m): 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
This is a very pathetic, below-the-belt attempt to look for that single Igbo man involved in this subsidy scandal. Why did'nt you quote The Guardian, The Nation or even Vanguard. "pointblanknews.com"!!. What is that. You guys are getting desperate. WE KNOW WHO THE REAL SUBSIDY THIEVES ARE.  Stop this ridiculous attempt to malign the Igbos. This is too opportunistic.
Your jealousies and insecurities know no bounds. A VERY SAD AND PATHETIC POST[size=8pt].
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Nchara: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
Rhino.5dm
Ikare, ONDO STATE. NIGERIA

Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days
« #5 on: Today at 04:47:30 PM »

This must be a lie! No Igbo man is involve with fuel subsidy scam. They are all northerners and South westners; more reasons why they are the only ones protesting. There is a mix up somewhere! Igbos are not thieves, they are very hardworking. Cool

Igbos did not protest the fuel subsidy removal to allow people like this stop milking Nigeria dry. In contrast, Yorubas protested the removal to allow people like this to continue to milk Nigeria dry. This is just 5 Billion. Adenuga, Otedola, Wale Tinubu and Otudeko will be refunding trillions.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Afam4eva(m): 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
dayokanu:

I am a Nigerian but not a coward thieving Igbo

No wonder dey no fit protest for Yiboland, na their pikin dey tiff the money

Won't you change from this your tribalistic lifestyle? It's getting stale.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by expert555: 5:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
[table]What happened to previous exposé's?
Ain't no nucca ready to fight corruption in Nigeria.
Status quo continues[/table]

Is this not one of thoses OBJ kitchen cabinet in thos days grin grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by ninekfive: 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
He funded the govt to be there also, its a scratch back thing, I don't think he would even pay back nobody can presecute him. His time might come in the next govt
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
Chinom:

This is a very pathetic, below-the-belt attempt to look for that single Igbo man involved in this subsidy scandal. Why did'nt you quote The Guardian, The Nation or even Vanguard. "pointblanknews.com"!!. What is that. You guys are getting desperate. WE KNOW WHO THE REAL SUBSIDY THIEVES ARE.  Stop this ridiculous attempt to malign the Igbos. This is too opportunistic.
Your jealousies and insecurities know no bounds. A VERY SAD AND PATHETIC POST[size=8pt].

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSizpap_JKW1kWZ4C-Qh1t3GJ_Tfg_BIoilU0RNHRBitR4jDoEleQ[/img]
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Ezenwenyi(m): 6:02pm On Jan 19, 2012
Let us write down their names because tomorrow(2015) they will all come out to deceive the people, I went to my home town Ezinifite in Nnewi south of Anambra state on the 4th of Jan 2012 and I was reliably told that he has joined APGA, I am waiting for him,as for the other main cabals like Otedola,Adenuga,Tinubu and dantata we also have your names in our bad record notebook waiting for your execution together with other cabals too long to mention including Ifeanyi Uba.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by expert555: 6:02pm On Jan 19, 2012
[tr]I am a Nigerian but not a coward thieving Igbo

No wonder dey no fit protest for Yiboland, na their pikin dey tiff the money[/tr]

I think we should have a civilised debate here theifs do not no tribe, you had Adenuga and Odetola gang okf thieves
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by expert555: 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2012
[td]reading through comments here and u can realise that the problem of corruption which we have in this country will never go away.[/td]

I'm happy to look at the drama from afar, I said they should do a research to check whether faculty do detoriate under the scorching sun. There must be a reason why black Africans are not fit to rule their country. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by expert555: 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2012
This is a very pathetic, below-the-belt attempt to look for that single Igbo man involved in this subsidy scandal. Why did'nt you quote The Guardian, The Nation or even Vanguard. "pointblanknews.com"!!. What is that. You guys are getting desperate. WE KNOW WHO THE REAL SUBSIDY THIEVES ARE. Stop this ridiculous attempt to malign the Igbos. This is too opportunistic.

I agree with you
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2012
alj harem :
Quote from: afam4eva on Todayat 05:06:37 PM
He should be dealt with alongside other oil criminals likeObateru, Otedola etc.
why what has he done wrong
is it his fault that the government cannot keep track record of how much each filling station is selling their kerosene and co for ?
what is the job of Nigeria petroleum regulatory body for
We need to becareful on how the government is brain washing people. There have never been a subsidy thief, there have always been business men that try to make best of the situation Nigeria find herself in.
If you as a business man sell your car at 1000 naira but your company asked u to sell it at 500 naira but u find someone who is gullible enough to buy it from u for 1000 naira, would you not sell it and keep the extra 500 naira ?
Is it not the job of your company to make sure u sell it at 500 naira given that they would be doing periodical check up on your stock and the price it is sold for. Though sometimes u do join the known carrier tribalist here in NL in bin subjective on ur coments on some national issues however, u made a very valid point here and i agree 100% with what u just said. Unfortunately alot of gullible posters who r just so narrow minded to figure out d mischief there-in just because they r so much in a hurry to make a coment that is not backed up with reasoning. Having said that, is it nt better to get him refund d so called #5bn than starting another efcc movie were this cases nvr gets concluded in our courts were our knwn activist lawyers will still be d ones hired by them and paid heavily from the same alleged fraudulent funds to get them of the hook? (professional service abi). Anyways im nt going to join in shouting crucify him when i havent heard his side of the story! The principle of fair hearing in LAW hasnt bin repealed yet. What if he issues a rebutal 2mrw just the way otedola and jimoh ibrahim v done, what will those of u that v given ur verdicts in a hurry nw do? (per incurium).
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2012
Wow, so many damaged minds evident on this thread,
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by bros12345: 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2012
what newspaper reported this pls. I've been searching for it online to no avail
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by ollyruffy: 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2012
Dividends of "OCCUPY NIGERIA" are coming out.

But to pay 5billion naira back is not enough punishment for this criminal.

He should be made to vomit every kobo and be prosecuted.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Koolking(m): 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2012
I very strongly disagree. This is exactly when we are supposed to turn on the heat. I do not see why a man should steal 5billion and be simply asked to refund it, while petty thieves die gruesome deaths with necklaces of burning tyres. This is exactly when our voices should be rising to a crescendo to strangle the bastar'ds that have defrauded the country.

Lets drop despondency for once and demand justice and punishment for crimes. If Ifeanyi Uba, or anybody else for that matter, is a thief, lets get them dealt with.
[b][/b]

100+

It is embarassingly disheartening that we are only known for probes but not punishment even when the alleged suspect (in high places) has been found undisputably guilty of the act. I bet this too will pass unheard of.

As for Alison Maduekwe, I hate hearing that name in the corridor of government with all the alleged corruption charges to her name (yet govt looks the other way). The last I checked she was still walking tall daring anybody with the ball. A day of reckoning is closing in on them.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 19, 2012
I'm very proud of this man, indeed envious of him. Young, entirely self-made multi-billionaire with zero background and zero family connections. This is the Nigerian dream I tell you. When God's favour rains, it pours.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by armadeo(m): 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2012
my take is this. These cabal don't care about you and i they care for themselves and whip up religious and ethnic sentiments to protect themselves and some illiterate fall for it and make noise for them. Pls they are thieves ibo hausa yoruba tiv birom ijaw calabar etc. Pls don't be moved by their bull:-) let them pay. They aren't one of us.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2012
It is an opportunity for the masses to start the protest against these importers and marketers who are profiting from the subsidy.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by armadeo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 19, 2012
pro01:

I'm very proud of this man, indeed envious of him. Young, entirely self-made multi-billionaire with zero background and zero family connections. This is the Nigerian dream I tell you. When God's favour rains, it pours.
The guy is a thief Lawrence anini as well as all those who stole from the thief govt.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by JimmyBoy1: 6:31pm On Jan 19, 2012
Very soon there will be a black-book for all these people and volunteer hitmen will start going after them,
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by koolkamzzy(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
The Federal Government through the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) has given Capital Oil owned by Ifeanyi Uba 60 days to pay back N5 Billion being rogue proceeds he made from Kerosene subsidy or risk arrest and prosecution.

Capital made N22.4 Billion from petrol subsidy.

Sources told Pointblanknews.com that NNPC allocated to Uba’s Capital Oil 75% of kerosene supplies to distribute to the entire country at N50 pump price.

But the cheapest of the product at the depot is N120 per litre & N135 at the filling stations while Capital Oil makes more than N70 on each litre of kerosene sold.

Pointblanknews.com learnt that Uba illegally made over N60 billion from payments from kerosene subsidy with his Capital Oil as the major player in the kerosene deals.

Sources hinted that Uba who made a payment plan of N2 Billion with AMCON reneged severally and started playing hide and seek anytime the Mustapha Chike Obi led agency approaches him to pay up his debts.

Capital Oil is one of the firms which received dodgy payments running into billions of naira from the Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) on kerosene, petrol and diesel subsidy.

Government paid a total sum of N3.655 trillion to beneficiaries of fuel subsidy between 2006 and 2011, while amount jumped to a whooping N1.426 trillion between January and August last year.

Investigations reveal that Uba, one of the most notorious subsidy scammers, has several collaborators at the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and Petroleum ministry, with the arrow head being, Petroleum Minister, Deziani Allison-Madueke. Grin

Pointblanknews.com learnt that Uba also benefited immensely during the tenure of Odein Ajumogbia.He was later invited to fund the Jonathan/Sambo campaign organization by Deziani Allison-Madueke.

President Goodluck Jonathan who is insisting that there must be no sacred cows is spearheading the Hunt for all those who have defrauded Nigeria through subsidy.

Sources hinted that some members of Jonathan's kitchen cautioned that going after the subsidy cabal could hurt his Petroleum Minister, but the President maintained that whoever was involved should be taken down.

The EFCC has already been mandated to investigate all the subsidy beneficiaries, which include Oando, Integrated Oil and Gas, MRS, AA Rano. A-Z Petroleum, ASB, Arcon Oil, African Petroleum, Aminu resources, Con Oil, Avante Guard, Avido, Boffas and Brila Energy.

Other are D Jones Petroleum, Downstream Energy, Dosil Oil Inco Ray, Eternal, Folawiyo Energy, Frado International, First Deepwater, Heden Oil, Honeywell Petrol, AMP, Channel Oil, Fort Oil, Bovas, Obat Oil, Ipman Investment, Atio Oil, AMP, and Ernac Oil.

Source: http://pointblanknews.com/new/exclusive/3497-subsidy-fraud-fg-orders-ifeanyi-uba-of-capital-oil-to-pay-n5-billion-within-60-days.html

No wonder he has the Best Jetty and Tank farm in Nigeria with discharge rate as high as the SBM.  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Osama10(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
We need to expose more.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by sheyguy: 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2012
So many distractions ! ! !
Andy uba or DAM, i don't care pple found wanting shld be prosecuted.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Jan 19, 2012
afam4eva:

Won't you change from this your tribalistic lifestyle? It's getting stale.

A proverb says " As long as there is Lice in the clothes, there would always be blood on the fingernails"

As long as you have tribalists on your side, there would always be tribalists on the other side
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2012
armadeo:

The guy is a thief Lawrence anini as well as all those who stole from the thief govt.

And so are most, if not all multi-millionaires and billionaires in this country. When the masses are ready to get rid of them, they know what to do. Till then we could as well dream.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days by Obiagu1(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Refusal To Endorse Buhari Troubles APC / 80th Birthday Celebration Of Pascal Dozie: Ihedioha & Sanwo-Olu Attend / Why I Adopted Elephant As A Member Of My Family – Iziak Salako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.