Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,775 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:54 AM

Is It Ok To Sell A Mosque? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ok To Sell A Mosque? (603 Views)

Should Churches And Mosque Be Made To Pay Tax To Boost Nigeria's Economy? / Incredible Harmony: A Church And A Mosque In One Building / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Ok To Sell A Mosque? by victorazy(m): 7:59am On Jan 20, 2012
Amosque (masjid) is generally Waqf for Allah Ta’ala. The principle, in Waqf is that Allah becomes the sole owner of the property. It is permissible to take benefit from such a Waqf, that is performing salaat, etc. However, it is not permissible to sell it. One has no right over this property. Even though the proceeds is used to finance a new masjid. (Hidaaya vol.2 pg.690; Ilmiyah)

If someone is offering their property for an Islamic cause, how much control, if any, can they continue to have? Can they form their own committee and elect themselves the President? Considering their side, they are afraid that if they let go the control, the wrong kind of people (Modernists/Biddatees) will get control of the masjid, as it has happened in another masjid in the past.

If a person offers his property as a masjid, he has the right to control the affairs of the masjid. He can be the President and he can also form his own committee. A person in the community has donated a house to be used as a masjid, but would like to name the masjid after his late father. Can this be allowed?

The musallees are against this. Please advise how to move forward, as this is causing a rift, and some of the people have already started praying at a separate temporary location (apartment). Does his sawaab (reward) now get reduced since he is attaching conditions to his donation?
In principle, a waaqif (donor) may be a trustee of the Waqf property. That includes a masjid. He may also name the masjid as he wants to. That is his Shar’ee right and prerogative.

It is incorrect for the musallees to object to the donor naming the masjid after his father’s name. However, if the naming of the masjid is causing dissention in the town, it will be advisable for the donor to consider the unity of the town and not name the masjid after his father. Furthermore, the purpose of donating the house as a masjid is to attain reward. That will be defeated if musallees do not come to the masjid. If there is no disagreement on naming the masjid after seeing this Fatwa, then the person may still exercise his right of naming the masjid after his father.

In our masjid, the Muslims, the youth in particular, talk about their day, sports, what they are doing over the weekend, etc. I was wondering if this is okay or not?
To talk in the masjid about personal matters is not permissible. The masjid is the house of Allah and the purpose of coming to the masjid is to worship Allah by performing salaat and occupying oneself with the dhikr of Allah.

Hadhrat Saaib in Yazeed [radhiallaahu anhu] mentions that I was sleeping in Masjid-e-Nabawi, then someone threw the pebble at me. I looked to see and it was Umar [radhiallaahu anhu]. He called me and said, ‘Go and bring those two people to me. Hadhrat Umar [radhiallaahu anhu] he asked them who they were and from where they came? They replied they were from Taaif. Umar [radhiallaahu anhu] said, ‘If you were from the people of Madina, I would have punished you. You raise your voice in the masjid of Nabi [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam]’ (Mishkaayt pg.71)

0000A non-Muslim is permitted to enter the masjid on condition he is pure and that he will not cause any harm to the masjid. (Fataawa Mahmoodiyah vol.15 pg.251)
If someone does not know the correct direction of qibla and he offer his prayers. After some time, someone tells him the correct direction of qibla. Is it necessary to repeat all prayers previously offered in wrong direction?

If a person does not know the direction of the Qiblah and there is no one from whom he may ask its direction, then after estimating the direction of the Qiblah to the best of his ability, it is correct for him to perform salaat in that direction. An easy method of determining the direction of the Qibla is by using the location of the sun at sunrise and sunset. It should be noted that it is not permissible to estimate the direction of the Qiblah, if there is anyone available from whom its direction could be asked.

If, after sometime, someone informs him of the correct direction, then his previous salaat will still be regarded as performed and there is no need for repeating the salaat. (Tahtaawi pg.244; Ilmiyah)
I am missing the congregation prayers (Jamaat) as I have to attend to a sick family member. I am concerned about all the reward I am losing.

Hadhrat ibn Umar [radhiallaahu anhum] narrates that rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] said, ‘The salaat performed with jamaat is 27 times more superior than salaat performed individually.’ 1. From the above Hadith, we understand that performing salaat alone will be accepted, but one will received 27 times less reward and undoubtedly this is a great loss for the individual. 2. Concerning the reward of the missed salaat with jamaat, you should make tawbah (repent). Allah will reward you and make sincere intention to perform all your salaat with congregation.

3. Shari’ah applies a rule on a valid shari’ee excuse concerning missing salaat with jamaat as follows:
a. Illness – where it is not possible upon that person to attend the congregation, member of the family is ill where there is nobody to look after the member. b. Heavy rain only at night if it is not possible for the person to attend to the jamaat, e.g. cylone, hail, flood, snow, etc.

(1) (Reply)

What To Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do With Your Life / How To Recognise The Help Of God. / What Are U Expecting? Is It Miracle? Blessing? Get It Right Here From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.