Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,423 members, 7,891,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

UTME Use Of English - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME Use Of English (31861 Views)

Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] / JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels / Jamb/utme Use Of English Practise Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UTME Use Of English by busar(m): 10:09am On Jan 20, 2012
Do you know you are to read 2 novels for your use of english? The books are: The Successors by Jerry Agada and The Potter's Wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike. The two books will replace the summary section of Use Of English. For more info visit your jamb syllabus!
Re: UTME Use Of English by godstino(m): 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
yeah,,i just found out this afternoon,.but do you know the cost of these novels?
Re: UTME Use Of English by busar(m): 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
I dont knw d actual price,i dont knw if i cud get it on d net.
Re: UTME Use Of English by godstino(m): 5:52pm On Jan 21, 2012
i say the potter wheel today, its #300 at my lecture centre here in benin, am left with the successor.
Re: UTME Use Of English by mrnononsense: 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2012
pls am nut havin d sylabus,pls is it diferent frm d last yr sylabus?
Re: UTME Use Of English by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2012
JAMB is s.t.u.p.i.d o. Use of English is diff from Lit-in-Eng nao
Re: UTME Use Of English by Serendipity: 11:41pm On Jan 22, 2012
busar:

do u knw u are 2 read 2 novels 4 ur use of english?The books are: the successors by jerry agada and the potter's wheel by chukwuemeka ike,d 2 books will replace d summary section of use of english.4 more info visit ur jamb syllabus! [left][/left]
This is unintelligible and indinstinct.
Anything like summary in JAMB?
Next time try to make your posts legible.
Re: UTME Use Of English by busar(m): 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2012
Mr.knw all (serenpity),even if dere is mistak in d text,is dat d ryt way 2 correct? 4 ur informtn dat is d hw it is writen in d JAMB syllabus.go dvelop sum manner,pls.
Re: UTME Use Of English by Homar(m): 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2012
Bleep them jamb the successors are nowhere to be found
Re: UTME Use Of English by charlsecy4(m): 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2012
godstino:

i say the potter wheel today, its #300 at my lecture centre here in benin, am left with the successor.

How many pages do the novels have?
Re: UTME Use Of English by s1(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
the successor is 650
Re: UTME Use Of English by mrnononsense: 4:10am On Feb 24, 2012
s1:

the successor is 650
y al dis pls dont create fear into anybodi life jarwe
its just 243 pages,i just concluded readin it, pls hw many pages is d potter's wheel?pls we nid geniue ans,
Re: UTME Use Of English by safarigirl(f): 8:22am On Feb 24, 2012
Potter's wheel is about 200 pages too, ¢ð₪'t remember exactly cos i just borrowed instead ☺₣ buying, twas #500 here, the book is very interesting, worth every page, I find it much more interesting than The Successors ǡŋ₫ easier to understand.
Goodluck all
Re: UTME Use Of English by tollanny(f): 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2012
can u guys summarize d story pls
Re: UTME Use Of English by switjuliet(f): 1:41pm On Feb 24, 2012
The potter's wheel is 265 page nd the successor is 243
Re: UTME Use Of English by godstino(m): 6:04am On Feb 25, 2012
@switjuliet i think urs is more accurate cos i read the potters wheel 4 weeks ago, the novels cos #300 each here in Benin though the succesor was a bit scare ab initio,
Re: UTME Use Of English by godstino(m): 6:05am On Feb 25, 2012
switjuliet:

The potter's wheel is 265 page nd the successor is 243
Re: UTME Use Of English by safarigirl(f): 6:56am On Feb 25, 2012
In abuja Potter's Wheel is #650 and Successors is #900, too expensive for just 5 questions
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 7:41am On Feb 25, 2012
.Utme is becoming tougher than the toughest everyday by day, my advice is dat u read d potter's wheel and the successor because both novels carries 25 marks which is very vital, u can get the novel in any tutorial centres or in concept tutors, ive told u guys time without number that the limitation u can have is if u dont have the past question which is too bad because the secret to every exam is the past question, if ure reading without past question, u might still fail because jamb has a standard, to meet up with the standard u need the past question,, i wish everybody the best, its time to take the bull by the horns, for any info or details you can add me on facebook adeyeye tobi michael tobexy and on 2go tobexin is ma identity, im at ur service, dont trouble trouble until ur trouble troubles you, dnt worry worry until ur worry worries you, its time to take the bull by the horns, i shall be waitin for ur add on 2go @tobexin and facebook@adeyeye tobi michael tobexy, jai bless
Re: UTME Use Of English by switjuliet(f): 8:13am On Feb 25, 2012
D successor is 500 nd d potters wheel is 450 @ my side in lagos
Re: UTME Use Of English by Kay005: 9:59am On Feb 25, 2012
@tobexin pls share more on dis issue "is jamb going to extract some passage from dis two novels and ask candidate to answer question under it or just bring d question directly without any passage and expect candidate to hav read d novels before coming into d exam hall"
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2012
Thanks for that question, im telling emphatically that you will have no passage for that day because jamb would have assume that u've read those two books, watchout the question will ask as follows @wat is the tone, the mood and some quoted statement of the writer, so dont get twisted there will be no passage, and the 2 novels carry 25 marks, ,, i wish u da best, for any recommendation of books, and because of the pressure on me i have to do this, this my 2go id @TOBEXIN N MA FACEBOOK ADEYEYE TOBI MICHAEL AND MY NUMBER: PLS NO FLASHING 08083838611, ,i wish you all the best,
Re: UTME Use Of English by arki(m): 10:19pm On Feb 25, 2012
Guyz,tnx 4 dis info,do u guys no dat i jst got dis info 2day,25/02.jamb is getting d more stupid each year,hw can dey introduce lit into eng.
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 11:54pm On Feb 25, 2012
Hmmmmm, for those that have not heard pls pass the info b info, im stil @ur service, pls dont flash ma num in the previous post, i dnt lyk flashing nd night calls, thanx 2u all
Re: UTME Use Of English by safarigirl(f): 6:49am On Feb 26, 2012
According to the syllabus there ought to be Ǟ third passage apart from the two novels. No such thing as only those two, it's just that more questions will come from them, at least that's what I read in the syllabus
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2012
.Please guys dont be confuse, there will still be a conprehension passage but it would be reduce because of the novels, and ten question is coming out from the novels, each carries 5 question, so there will be a comprehension, dont be confuse, the two novels are just additional to wat jamb already has in package, ,.read wise n dont read wide, jai bless
Re: UTME Use Of English by safarigirl(f): 6:08pm On Feb 26, 2012
^^It's actually 15 questions according to the syllabus. 10 from The Potter's Wheel and 5 from The Successors
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 7:21am On Feb 27, 2012
.Pls fellow nairalanders and to all the jambite, pls dnt be deceived, dont pay a kobo for any kind of runs this year, even at worst, on gettin to ur exam centre and you find out that the centre is corrupt, by that time you wil be mentally disorganise then i cant advice you to carryon in that case, but paying to one tutorial or lecturer will not work because they dont have time to read this novels, please to make any expo to be superior or equal to ur brain, it shld jus be apply when necessary not all the time but if ure not the distracted type lyke me then i can tel u to carry on, with this piece of info i think u wont shout, HAD I KNOW', WITH GOD ANYTHING IS POSSIBE N REMEMBER LEADERS ARE READERS, for reference u can get invisible teacher by ashade, n fundamental formulas by barister oscar, i dont know this two personality but their legacies stands, ,HE THAT WALK WITH THE WISE SHALL BE WISE, MEET ME HERE @2go T0BEXIN, i
gnorance is not an excuse, jai bless i love u all because we ar one big family, one people, , ONE NIGERIA, UR SUCCESS IS MY SUCCEss, because of some pressures on me i have to give out my number for any info in general, the date is still 24 no goin back, hmmm, something attached. , no flashin, @2go tobexin, facebook Adeyeye tobi michael tobexy, no night calls or flashing 08083838611, always at ur service, i love u all and beware of scammers,
Re: UTME Use Of English by pejol: 10:16am On Feb 27, 2012
HC-8758series Induction & Coded Door Lock,security lock,door handle

Non-contact auto-induction examination

The induction ID card for open and manage the door

Can setup on the door lock

The password and the card compose 4 kinds of pattern for open the door

32 cards for open then door

12 passwords for open then door

1 passwords for managememt

The warning after input 3 wrong passwords

Prevents the password to peep

Energy-saving standby, Low voltage warning

Have the emergency mechanical key

Dissociation handle, anti-burglary electrically control lock

high strength stainless steel panel

contact Joseph on(call: +2348078440712 or email:wanpele4good@yahoo.com or bb ping 21C56585)

Re: UTME Use Of English by kristiansmart: 10:28am On Feb 27, 2012
Thanks for your reply.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: UTME Use Of English by crackhouse(m): 11:04am On Feb 27, 2012
charlsecy4:

Like how many pages was the novel?
Na wa o, you are about to write the use of English in the next jamb exam but look at your English, "Like how many pages was the Novel?" May God deliver you.
Re: UTME Use Of English by inemesitetete: 11:16am On Feb 27, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIUYO: Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise In Philosophy Class (photos) / Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari / Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.