Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,518 members, 7,881,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:32 AM

Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million (1945 Views)

Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV / Kogi Speaker Momoh Jimoh-Lawal Impeached / Jimoh Ibrahim Begs Christians Nationwide Not To Work On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by ceomike(m): 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2012
Chairman of Global Fleet Group c, Jimoh Ibrahim, 44, who is also one of the billionaires in Lagos State and is currently into the following sectors: aviation, insurance, oil and gas, media, banking, properties etc, is set to open his 34-floor hotel in Duabi, where he also owns and rents over 50 flats in the city’s very exclusive area.

Acquiring the hotel was said to have cost the billionaire, who owns the only university in Sao Tome, at least half a billion dollars and will be opened in February, 2012.

Jimoh Ibrahim also recently bought a hotel in Budapest in Hungary; that’s plus the very many posh hotels he owns in Lagos; that’s plus the banks (Energy Bank) he owns in Accra Ghana; that’s plus owning National Mirror newspaper and Newswatch magazine; that’s plus owing Air Nigeria and Nicon Insurance…and many more businesses.

Source: http://gog.li/gva
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by blackrules1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
ok
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by juman(m): 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
Hiss
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2012
If true, then our thieving elite really are clueless. How can a $500 million Hotel in far off Dubai benefit the country that gave him his obscene wealth?

He should have built it for half the amount in a place crying out for investment in tourism, like Calabar or Oguta. Or am i being naive here? undecided
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
This clown again?
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by aljharem(m): 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

If true, then our thieving elite really are clueless. How can a $500 million Hotel in far off Dubai benefit the country that gave him his obscene wealth?

He should have built it for half the amount in a place crying out for investment in tourism, like Calabar or Oguta. Or am i being naive here?  undecided

Absolutely not, you are right in all you said.

When you call a business man a thief/cabal then you know that there is something seriously wrong with Nigeria.

All he is doing now is protecting himself from the madness call Nigeria and if I were him I would do the same.

One would expect the elite to invest in Nigeria so they can generate more revenue for themselves and the country but in a country where you do not know when the government would seize ur asset even from a legitimate source then it is only natural to do so.

It is a big shame though
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by vladimiros: 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
its his money people

let him be
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by seenoevil1: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2012
vladimiros:

its his money people

let him be

Keep shut maga like you . In case you don't know he is among the cabals and thieves we have in Nigeria . Dey dia dey talk say its his money while you dey suffer.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by aljharem(m): 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
see*noevil:

Keep shut maga like you . In case you don't know he is among the cabals and thieves we have in Nigeria . Dey dia dey talk say its his money while you dey suffer.

cabals undecided who is a cabal and what has he done wrong ? Please answer

he took money from the government because the government are not able to store or refine their oil ?

Who's fault is that, the so called cabal or the government ?
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by Rossikk(m): 5:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^People like him 'settle' those in the govt so they can continue being ''unable'' to refine the oil. So people like him are part of the problem.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by aljharem(m): 5:30pm On Jan 20, 2012
Rossikk:

^^^People like him bribe those in the govt so they can continue being ''unable'' to refine the oil. So people like him are part of the problem.

You can argue like that but to what profit would it be for him if the refinaries are not working ? It would be much much better for me putting myself in his shoes urge the FG to build the refinery Hoping that I can bribe some officials to privatise one of the refinery and sell it to me at a way cheaper cost.

If I am a cabal, I would hope the government can build the refinery so it can be privatised, I would not exactly say the cabals are the problem par-say I would liken him to be a mediator in the problem that already exist in Nigeria/Top government officials.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by TomFord: 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
What does the poster mean by 'the only university in sao tome'?Are there not others or could he have meant the only private university?I find it hard to believe there's only one university in the entire country
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by Bawss1(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
Tom Ford:

What does the poster mean by 'the only university in sao tome'?Are there not others or could he have meant the only private university?I find it hard to believe there's only one university in the entire country

E be like say you don miss road o. cheesy

@topic
Good for him. @Haters; Is it your money? These days any wealthy person who opens a business must a member of The Cabal and they must be stealing our money, abi? It is amazing that even those who don't pay tax or NEPA bills will join in claiming that it is our money. Abeg let the man be and enough of this nonsense.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by Jarus(m): 8:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
Clown, bush man.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million by Antiscam1: 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2012
welcome to joining 2012 forbes billionaire list cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Names Of D Most Tribalistic Nairalanders / Disclaimer On Senator Odion Ugbesia's Stand On Paedophilia In Nigeria. / I Don't Know If Boko Haram Leader Is Dead Or Alive - GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.