Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,467 members, 7,908,338 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:15 AM

Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal (3451 Views)

Why I Failed WAEC (hilarious Photo) / When The Witches Find Out You Failed Waec(pic) / Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by PrinceT2: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2007
OlowoTee:

It takes an effort to make a difference, it takes an effort to stand out and be unique! Remember, It is the quality of aspiration that determine the true success or failure in life, As your desire is, so will your life be also. Someone said this: "There are indeed no mistakes in life but lessons."

Move on!
OlowoTee,that's nice it's encouraging.It takes an effort to make a difference, it is true my Sister.I sat for WAEC 6 good times before i made it.But It makes me to understant how to handle failure.If i had relented I wont be where Iam today.I thank God Cos He has made me to be a blessing to my society through that experience.So I want to use this medium to tell those who have failed in their exams to see this failure as a stepping stone to their success and not to relent in taking the papers again.I can see them coming out in flying colours next time.
See you at the top.
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 16, 2007
Prince T:

It is true my Sister.I sat for WAEC 6 good times  shocked  before i made it.But It makes me to understand how to handle failure. If i had relented I wont be where Iam today.I thank God Cos He has made me to be a blessing to my society through that experience.So I want to use this medium to tell those who have failed in their exams to see this failure as a stepping stone to their success and not to relent in taking the papers again.I can see them coming out in flying colours next time.

See you at the top.

Really?

Well, It's true that if you haven't been through it, you won't know[i] how it feels [/i] nor[i] how best to encourage those in it[/i]!!

I had a bitter feel of it when 2 of my papers/results got 'missing'  wink that was during my final year at the University. It was a bitter experience! We had finished our final exams few months back and expecting the NYSC call up list/letter! But on getting to my department it was a different story ooo. what happened I got two of my results missing! and nothing was done about it on my behalf. I eventually found one and the other was still at large even when my contemporaries were going for NYSC service. At last when the result finally came out it was a dreadful 33% - automatic carry over shocked  shocked which eventually got me an extra session in School. . . . this I dreaded MOST. I least expected It

Ma brother, It used to be a sad story but thank God that It came to pass and I've learnt my lessons. Who knows "Everything that happens to us is on purpose!!!!" Each time I remember the ache I went through (going back to resit for a 2nd Sememster Course) I have every reasons to thank God and to proclaim "Oh Failure, where is thy Sting!!!" grin

Failure Is Not A Big Deal! We are meant to pass through and learn our lessons and not to sit still and be discouraged nor self-pitied. Rise Up to the Challenge for the Lord is your Strenght cool
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by gasby29(m): 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2007
Omo,
Never mind there is always a first time.
Study hard in your next setting,
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Tawak: 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2007
SAYS WHO
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2007
Hi,

What is d portion of someone who did not make maths n is a graduate with 2.2?
can he get a good job?since firms are looking 4 credit in maths n english.
what is d way 4wd?
quick text.
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 25, 2007
yep no big deal ehn, till you grow old in as a jambite embarassed
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 25, 2007
grin angry
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2007
abanna:

Hi,
What is d portion of someone who did not make maths n is a graduate with 2.2? can he get a good job?since firms are looking 4 credit in maths n english. what is d way 4wd?
quick text.

hi abanna

The sky is the starting point for such a one! and that is if you could work harder, pursue certain certifications etc -spice up your 2.2 wink . As per having not passed mathematics yet, well it depends on where you're seeking employments, not all of them do ask for your O'Level result, but if you think this might serve as an hindrance to your getting good job, I'd suggest you reapply for the next exam (WAEC or NECO) and work diligently towards making it once and for all.

All the best cheesy
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Builder: 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2007
Depends how you define the woard failure, in nigerian context failure means ur inability to to know people upstairs or money to bribe them examiners
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by 9ja4eva: 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2007
WAEC or WASSCE
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by oliky(m): 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2007
To succed in life you must be tough and rugged.keep keeping on
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2007
[center]You Don't Need Their Approval: Who Are They Anyway? – By Ehryck Gilmore[/center]

What is approval? It is the acceptance as satisfactory. The act of giving validity. We seek approval to satisfy our desire to be loved. If someone approves of some event or occurrence that happens in our lives, we feel appreciated. Whether this appreciation comes from our parents, spouse, or friends, we feel acceptance and make a mental note to ourselves saying "I did something, and they're pleased."

Why we look outside ourselves for this approval is one of the mysteries of life that plays out every day in our world. It is like being in grade school, where the teacher passes out stars for exemplary work. Stars were, even then, classified in order of acceptance--gold, silver, bronze, etc.

Most people, on an intellectual level, don't believe they need anyone else's approval. But have you ever asked someone at one time or another, "How do I look?" There you have it! For those who are self-assured, the phrase would have been "I look good, don't I?" accompanied by a big smile. When you are sure of yourself and sure of your path in life, you do not look for or seek another's approval.

Acknowledgment is different from approval. Allowing someone else to say you look great does not change who you are nor the mood or spirit you are in at the time. Seeking approval can paralyze your life because you become dependent on others to tell you whether you are doing the right thing at the right time. It is like sitting in the driver's seat of your car waiting for someone to give you the keys so you can rev it up and hit the road. Isn't it foolish to believe, to take the analogy further, that you can live your life waiting for someone else to give you the keys? Ask yourself, "Do I know what I know now because someone gave me the knowledge or his approval?" Is there ever a time when approval from another is necessary? Yes, if you work for an employer who wants a task performed in a certain manner. But in life scenarios where outside approval is not required, why would you seek another's approval when he is on a path of life that may not be the same as your own?

. . . .to be continued wink
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by dragnet: 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2007
OlowoTee, I luv ur sch0ol of th0ughts.
"I luk gud d0nt I?" cheesy that al0ne shuld p0p-ouT d c0nfidence in any1 . ."instead of h0w do I luk"
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2007
Sure. . .i guess you look good. . .tho I can't see your picture on your profile wink cool. But, what your profess convinces me that you must be looking great. grin
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by damkollins(m): 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2007
OlowoTee:

Sure. . .i guess you look good. . .tho I can't see your picture on your profile wink cool. But, what your profess convinces me that you must be looking great. grin
And you look fine too simply because of your thread.
Don't mind me!How was your day?
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 04, 2007
I'm pretty fine. . thank God. How are you and your work?
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by damkollins(m): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2007
OlowoTee:

I'm pretty fine. . thank God. How are you and your work?
Cool.My mails are bouncing back from your company mail!What went wrong?
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2007
The fault should be from your end  undecided because I do receive mails from it. . .try harder  tongue sure you'd get through soonest. . .or check the spellings again. . . . . wink
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by damkollins(m): 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2007
OlowoTee:

The fault should be from your end undecided because I do receive mails from it. . .try harder tongue sure you'd get through soonest. . .or check the spellings again. . . . . wink
Send to my company mail again so that I can reply you back with it to be sure of the spellings.
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 05, 2007
[center]The soul never seeks approval, only man.[/center]

If you still want approval, then approve of yourself and how you want to live your life. Now, with an inner knowing, say to yourself, "There is no one above me other than the Universe that I seek approval from." If this is the case, how can anyone give you the approval you crave other than the Universe?

I often question the term "they" because I want to know who "they" are. Who are these Universally appointed, highly evolved, all-knowing, intelligent people that keep a person from moving forward? Digging a little deeper will likely reveal that the "they" most people talk about are their own fears. And amidst this search for praise from others, what most people are looking for is a way to put off the choice of making a decision, a decision that requires the energy of a self-assured, self-aware, and confident person. How might you look at approval? Well, when you regularly seek approval, it shows that you are not sure about yourself, so how can anyone be sure about you?

Sometimes we are so concerned about the way approval is supposed to look or be packaged that part of ourselves that craves approval totally misses it. We then continue on a path of self-sabotage, trying to recreate the emotion of approval in another way.

Like letting a writer pen the screenplay to your life while you sit and anticipate the outcome, some people turn their lives over to others to dictate what, how, and when they should feel. Then as you read the screenplay of your life, you want to cry. Why? Because the "they" have given you a script that you can't live up to, or have created a character that you don't want to be. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept the fact that you don't need anyone's approval other than your own and your Creator's?

Most people have not taken the time to become whole within themselves. While searching for a confirmation of who they are and what they believe, they constantly look to sources outside of themselves for acceptance and thus slowly relinquish personal responsibility to others.

Think of yourself as a cup. When the water in the cup is not filled to the top, there is room for something else or someone else to fill it. Whether those empty spaces are filled with love, light, or negativity, it does not matter to the Universe, as long as they are being filled. What does matter is that you choose what your cup is filled with because if you are not filling it with much-needed love, understanding, and the teachings of infinite wisdom, anyone can come fill your cup with whom and what they are (negative or positive), whether you need it or not and whether you like it or not.

In your quest to become whole, doesn't filling your cup with self-love sound better than allowing someone to pour mud into it? Whoever fills the cup gains control of the mind and hence your life. Whose cup is it anyway? Filling your cup on your own, with your own truths, your own acquired knowledge, desires, goals, and dreams, can bring you a sense of peace. If you are fulfilling these obligations to yourself, you will no longer need to search for answers outside of those already springing forth from your inner self.

There are many ways to find out who you are: through work, art, literature, music, and the earth. However, we tend to look toward others when this journey should be one of a personal, spiritual nature. It is important to know that those to whom you look for guidance are probably looking, too! The spirit, the ever-flowing part of the Universe that connects all of us and every living thing and inanimate object, must be the source that fills us, not the Guru on the mountain.

Who Are You? The more you become aware of who you are, the greater your signal out to the Universe, and the greater the signal, the greater the connection. It's up to you to keep your connection to the Universe.

. . . . . to be continued

Do have a wonderful day.  cheesy
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2007
No one else is responsible for your life.

Words are not essential; it is the essence of who you are that is moving the energy. It is focused thought and energy in motion that creates. If you want to keep real momentum, you must constantly re-educate and reprogram yourself on what is happening now. Otherwise, you will struggle, physically and mentally, from that lower level. That struggle and stress will take their toll on the body sooner or later, resulting in illness and disease.

How might you make a smooth transition? Do your homework. Do the research to disclose the latest trends, processes, and data. Let go of old habits and beliefs that do not apply to the now. Start implementing tangible changes in your environment that stimulate productivity; get advice from a life coach or another professional who has a specialty in your area of interest; and network-exchange and share information.
Re: Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2020
pisces20:
there's always an excuse for failure.
wat have u bin doin in secondary school for the past six yrs if you can't pass common waec.
I'm sorry but you need to understand some people actually worked hard in that 6 years and still didn't get the desired result they expected as life is unfair and there's a lesson for all and some people might have just started learning the waec syllabus and didn't know it before due to reasons and still worked hard and still came out with ano unexpected result. Credits to the person who made this quote as it encourages those that just took the exam not to give up. Not every one passes at the first trial.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get New Project Topics. Check Out 5000+ Results From Across The Web / 5 Crazy And Powerful Facts About Sex That You Should Know / University Of Ado-ekiti 2011/2012 Remedial Form Is Out. Call Now To Get Ur's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.