Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,713 members, 7,930,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:21 PM

Yearly Examinations For Women - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Yearly Examinations For Women (628 Views)

For Women Trying To Conceive. / 515,000 Expectant Mothers Die In Nigeria Yearly / Tasly Phytoestrogen-hormonal Balance For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yearly Examinations For Women by pslm23(f): 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2012
Do Ob/Gyn clinics in Nigeria encourage their female patients ages 25 and above to have pap tests or mammograms?I would like to encourage my fellow ladies to ask your doctor about this and start imbibing a yearly habit of having them done.
I was just informed that my 28 year old cousin has been diagnosed with cancer of the cervix. She's been here visiting me since the end of November. 3 weeks ago she started having uncontrollable bleeding and serious pelvic pain. At first we thought it was just bad cramps from her period but as the days went by and the bleeding refused to stop we went to the ER. Long story short, after lots of tests and biopsies, it turns out she has cervical cancer.
I would like to believe that if her ob/gyn had performed a pap test on her, the abnormal cells would have been detected.
Age is not a factor here, if you are having se.xual relations and have had multiple partners in your life, you need to be having a pap test done every year to check if you have the HPV virus that causes cancer.
In the US, teenage girls who are se.xually active are being encouraged to get the HPV injection since they are too young to have the pap test but at age 21, all ladies are encouraged to start getting it done.
Re: Yearly Examinations For Women by Odunnu: 8:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
Yea. Theres an awareness on that but the problem is indifference amongst us.
Hepatitis B test is also adviced to be taken, when negative, take its preventive shot

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Of Rest. / MIT Student Develops $3 Healing Device, Field Tested In Haiti / How To Achieve A Glowing Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.