Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,395 members, 7,940,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:03 AM

She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! (1567 Views)

4 Little Things Compulsive Cheaters Have In Common / Extreme Compulsive Duty To Break Up On Or Before Valentines Day! / Men/women Who Is The Compulsive/natural Lair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by White007(m): 11:17am On Jan 21, 2012
Hey Peeps,

My gf does this stuff that annoys me. We'll be in a restaurant having a conversation, her phone will make a noise and she'll whip it out to check it immediately, and if its a call, she'll answer it right there in the middle of a sentence. She will even wake me up in the morning talking on her phone because someone decided to call at the ungodly hour of 4am. She has this compulsive need to answer every call or text as soon as it comes in, regardless of the situation. It's annoying enough when it's just small talk, but if I'm trying to talk about something important and she interrupts me because her cousin is texting to ask if he can hang out, I get mad.

What should i do? I need a sincere advise on this.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Aringarosa(m): 11:22am On Jan 21, 2012
OP-- I know some guys like that but oh yes girls are horrible about it--- I have a rule, dont even look at your phone or we are done--- mean? maybe but you'll learn manners around me. . . . angry angry >:
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by pendo89(f): 11:26am On Jan 21, 2012
Oh how I hate calls.
This ur gal lol, is a slave to that gadget. You cant take it away so what are u gonna do?
Tell her point blank her behaviour is irritating you.Why are u dying in silence.
Isnt love supposed to rebuke and correct?
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Sijo01(f): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2012
ar calls nt meant 2b answered?
hw wil u feel wen u'r calling sombdy & he or she is nt picking?

if ur gurl was 2b ignoring doz calls in ur presence, u will b d 1st 2complain dat she's cheating on u datz why she's nt picking her calls wen u'r wif her.

let her b jor!
angry angry
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Mynd44: 11:38am On Jan 21, 2012
Sijo01:

ar calls nt meant 2b answered?
hw wil u feel wen u'r calling sombdy & he or she is nt picking?

if ur gurl was 2b ignoring doz calls in ur presence, u will b d 1st 2complain dat she's cheating on u datz why she's nt picking her calls wen u'r wif her.

let her b jor!
angry angry

This is true. You should also talk to her about it
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by White007(m): 11:42am On Jan 21, 2012
@Pendo89, Sijo01 and Mynd_44, Thanks for your input. I 'll try and talk her and see what she got to say 'bout it.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by drnoel: 11:46am On Jan 21, 2012
White007:

Hey Peeps,

My gf does this stuff that annoys me. We'll be in a restaurant having a conversation, her phone will make a noise and she'll whip it out to check it immediately, and if its a call, she'll answer it right there in the middle of a sentence. She will even wake me up in the morning talking on her phone because someone decided to call at the ungodly hour of 4am. She has this compulsive need to answer every call or text as soon as it comes in, regardless of the situation. It's annoying enough when it's just small talk, but if I'm trying to talk about something important and she interrupts me because her cousin is texting to ask if he can hang out, I get mad.

I dislike the sentences I highlighted so much.
Ok, its insulting 4 ur companion 2 just whip-up the fone while u guys are in the middle of a sentence. My wife and I hate that so we don't do it. If the call is too important, then tell her partner 2 hold on b4 answering the fone. The other stuff I dislike is waking someone up arnd 4 am 2 answer ur fone. The only person that should be waking her up that time 2 talk should be u, not her cousins, or friends. She needs 2 set her priority straight or it'll be a problem.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2012
Hypocritical Nairalanders! Why isnt anyone calling the OP "Insecure". . .Smh!

OP, that attitude is so whack mahn! It's rude and unacceptable! And you are still tolerating it? She'll keep doing it! If you want really it to stop, talk to her about it, and how it annoys you and how she's supposed to consider you too in her activities as her bf blah blah! if she continues and you really really want it to stop, anytime you are in the middle of a very important boyfriend girlfriend conversation, and her phone rings and she dares pick it, grab it and smash it! Apologize and buy her another one! She'll get the message! cheesy
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Mynd44: 11:49am On Jan 21, 2012
^^^
Who collected your bread this morning?
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 21, 2012
I dont eat bread! I'm trying to be like the "french" dammit!
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by tyson55(m): 11:54am On Jan 21, 2012
sexkillz:

Hypocritical Nairalanders! Why isnt anyone calling the OP "Insecure". . .Smh!

OP, that attitude is so whack mahn! It's rude and unacceptable! And you are still tolerating it? She'll keep doing it! If you want really it to stop, talk to her about it, and how it annoys you and how she's supposed to consider you too in her activities as her bf blah blah! if she continues and you really really want it to stop, anytime you are in the middle of a very important boyfriend girlfriend conversation, and her phone rings and she dares pick it, grab it and smash it! Apologize and buy her another one! She'll get the message! cheesy

Sexkillz, I 'm with you on this!!

@OP, Time for a new girlfriend as this one's in a full time relationship with her phone.

Tell if she does not turn the GD phone off when she goes to bed you will throw her out of your life like a cheap sheet of toilet paper. Then smash her phone against the wall. The world does not need her reproducing and raising children like her. Save us all while you still can.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by db10dtruth(m): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2012
pendo89:

Oh how I hate calls.
This ur gal lol, is a slave to that gadget. You cant take it away so what are u gonna do?
Tell her point blank her behaviour is irritating you.Why are u dying in silence.
Isnt love supposed to rebuke and correct?

Pendo is right, Talk to her about it, there's every likelihood she don't know that habits is irritating or offensive
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Mynd44: 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
sexkillz:

I dont eat bread! I'm trying to be like the "french" dammit!
Perhaps you are just missing Eba and ewedu
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2012
Sexkillz, I 'm with you on this!!

@OP, Time for a new girlfriend as this one's in a full time relationship with her phone.

Tell if she does not turn the GD phone off when she goes to bed you will throw her out of your life like a cheap sheet of toilet paper. Then smash her phone against the wall. The world does not need her reproducing and raising children like her. Save us all while you still can.
Now that's what i'm talking about! This would have never happened nor be accepted in 1944! cool
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by pendo89(f): 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
And by smashing the phone the bad habit gets eradicated as well?
Tell her shes simply annoying and should practice good ettiqutte. Its rude and offensive what shes doing but she doesnt seem to realise.
How many phones will you keep smashing on the wall? You either get rid of her,her phone or her habit.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by tpia5: 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2012
some people are like that @ topic.

i think it stems from a fear of being lonely.

ie in some way, they equate not answering calls immediately,  with loneliness.

just my opinion- i could be wrong.

some calls need to be answered immediately of course, but it doesnt have to be all calls all the time.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2012
pendo89:

And by smashing the phone the bad habit gets eradicated as well?
Tell her shes simply annoying and should practice good ettiqutte. Its rude and offensive what shes doing but she doesnt seem to realise.
How many phones will you keep smashing on the wall? You either get rid of her,her phone or her habit.
Smashing the phone comes "after" you must have tried softer measures like sweet talking, making her breakfast in bed whilst talking to her about the bad habit etc! If it doesnt work, stiffer measures then. . .
You get rid of her bad habit one smashed phone after another, then when she cant bear all her phones being smashed- since she is clearly more in love with the phones- she'll get rid of herself and promise herself to be a better person in her next relationship. . . And oh, when smashing the phone, do it with a smile on your face, and after apologizing? Kiss her! cheesy

No time! cool
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by LaParisienne(f): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2012
@OP
It's all about having healthy boundries and setting your priorities right. Have a chat with your gf, tell her what's acceptable to you and what's not. Be cool and reseasonable, don't scream at her. I bet she'll change. If she doesn't, do to her as you wish.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Mynd44: 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2012
Sexkillz is on something
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by pendo89(f): 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2012
sexkillz:

Smashing the phone comes "after" you must have tried softer measures like sweet talking, making her breakfast in bed whilst talking to her about the bad habit etc! If it doesnt work, stiffer measures then. . .
You get rid of her bad habit one smashed phone after another, then when she cant bear all her phones being smashed- since she is clearly more in love with the phones- she'll get rid of herself and promise herself to be a better person in her next relationship. . . And oh, when smashing the phone, do it with a smile on your face, and after apologizing? Kiss her! cheesy

No time! cool

Ah ah, there's nothing to beat about the bush here. This is not a darling sweet affair.Its simple basic straighforward communication.

Guy ; I am tired of competing with that phone for your attention. Phone or me,choose who takes more of ur time when we are together and I shall respect ur decision.
Shes grown up enough to understand that without all the smashing like kids.
Who are these friends calling at 4 am unless its emergency. Even with time zones people respect each other's rest times. Shes just has this irresistible urge to want to talk all the time.
if she cant stop buy her a pacifier.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by White007(m): 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
@pendo89 - Thanks for your sound, sweet and straight forward advise.

Btw, I plan taking her out on a dinner tonight and tell her what i feel concerning this subject matter.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by pendo89(f): 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2012
oh boy.i wil mention you in my prayers  grin
but just tell her openly cz some people do things without knowing how irritating they become.
The other remedy is this. While at dinner start off by texting nonstop. Excuse urself every now and then to go answer the phone.
She will def notice,get irritated and ask something.Then tell her that's exactly what she does and ask her if it feels good.
Just a lil drama to demonstrate her behaviour and lay the foundation for straight hard talk.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2012
pendo89:

Ah ah, there's nothing to beat about the bush here. This is not a darling sweet affair.Its simple basic straighforward communication.

Guy ; I am tired of competing with that phone for your attention. Phone or me,choose who takes more of ur time when we are together and I shall respect ur decision.
Shes grown up enough to understand that without all the smashing like kids.
Who are these friends calling at 4 am unless its emergency. Even with time zones people respect each other's rest times. Shes just has this irresistible urge to want to talk all the time.
if she cant stop buy her a pacifier.

^^^
You talk as if she started it yesterday! This is something that has eaten deep into her! It's a habit! What talk has she not heard before? Smashing for kids? You are funny! I thought you would have told him he is insecure for getting angry that his gf is on phone always! Well, na una get time to dey talk too much. I'll only have that kind of time to talk if i am married to you!
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by pendo89(f): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
sexkillz:

^^^
You talk as if she started it yesterday! This is something that has eaten deep into her! It's a habit! What talk has she not heard before? Smashing for kids? You are funny! I thought[b] you would have told him he is insecure for getting angry that his gf is on phone always! [/b]Well, na una get time to dey talk too much. I'll only have that kind of time to talk if i am married to you!

Nope. where dd u get that from? Some habits get into me.Espe if am out with anybody and he/she spends all time on phone?/ Am like damn do you think I have time to waste sitting here and watching you talk on phone? Its a bad habit. I switch off my phone if I am with somebody I treasure and everybdy else ceases to matter cz I dont want distractions. Besides I like utilizing every single second and I hate it when somebody tries to steal my time,the time I set aside for a precious soul.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Cuddlemii: 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
Aringarosa:

OP-- I know some guys like that but oh yes girls are horrible about it--- [b]I have a rule, dont even look at your phone or we are done--- [/b]mean? maybe but you'll learn manners around me. . . . angry angry >:

God forbid! I hate control freaks. Which stupid rule? We are done cos of a rule? If a guy uses that line then its bullshit.

Anyways ladies are different from ladies. Fine its an annoying scenario but I don't see what a matured discussion, agreement & compromise can not solve but not to be instructed by a mighty tyrant in a commandeering way. Its not like the lady is a flirt, LovePeddler or useless. Its just a bad habit dt can curtailed without the use of threats.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Mynd44: 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
So Cuddle you agree with Sexkillz ides of smashing the phone?
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by mpmp: 7:21pm On Jan 21, 2012
White007:

Hey Peeps,

your GF has a disorder.

Its called Telephone Obsessive Compulsive (TOC).

sh
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by pendo89(f): 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2012
mpmp:

your GF has a disorder.

Its called Telephone Obsessive Compulsive (TOC).

sh

undecided I only know obsessive compulsive disorder.perhaps you should hve added a D. TOCD.
But that cannot be it cz her disorder lol is one sided> she only answers not call all the time.
Those callers have TOCD. grin
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by mpmp: 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
pendo89:

undecided I only know obsessive compulsive disorder.perhaps you should hve added a D. TOCD.
But that cannot be it cz her disorder lol is one sided> she only answers not call all the time.
Those callers have TOCD. grin

thank you jare, she sure has TOCD.
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 21, 2012
op if na blackberry den i go reserve my comment because naija babes are addicted to BB grin
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
@poster, I had exactly the same experience with a boyfriend. Like people have said here, talk to her about it so she is aware of how it makes you feel and how rude it can be after a while. It does look to be some kind of obsessive addiction! Hopefully your situation will be corrected. Goodluck!
Re: She Has This Compulsive Need To Answer Every Call. WTF!! by MrsChima1(f): 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2012
OP

Make sure you are not insecure about some phone calls because some FOLKS can be unrealistic sometimes BUT if her answering the phone calls really bother you because you want to talk to her then tell her so.

Be realistic and descriptive of how your feelings are hurt in reference to her being rude and inconsiderate. If she doesn't get the message, MOVE ON.

Simple.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Reasons For Them Choosing To Remain Friends / 3-brothers-in-affair-with-one-woman-one-kills-another-in-fight / Can You Forgive Your Spouse After Confession Of Infidelity?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.