Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,598 members, 7,951,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:19 PM

Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose (5904 Views)

Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting / Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) / Splitting Nigeria Now Would Have Devastating Consequences On The South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by bashr8: 11:05pm On Jan 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

They are just being desperate.
A desperate man can say and do anything! They feel that the only way they can convince Igbo not to secede is to keep dividing Eastern Nigeria and hoping it sticks!
Only foolish Easterners accept that. They should go and check whether Awori would join Odua first, before coming here to talk trash.

Its really becoming ridiculous, I just wonder what they plan to achieve by doing that and how it will be of benefit to them. I think this is the major problem with the black man rather than solving your problems you keep looking for who to pull down
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
bashr8:

Why would any sane igbos man want edo to be in biafra? We might not even accept Ijaw talk less ofmedo,  we just want peace of mind and the less group we have the better for us

Believe me, the only group that is really disliked in the south are Yoruba. I know that Edo may not join Biafra, but I know for sure that they would NEVER join Odua. FACT.

I've said it here before, the way things would turn out when everybody is faced with hard core facts, would shock a lot of people.
I'm only angry that people are cutting up Eastern Nigeria to suit their twisted agendas.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
bashr8:

Its really becoming ridiculous, I just wonder what they plan to achieve by doing that and how it will be of benefit to them. I think this is the major problem with the black man rather than solving your problems you keep looking for who to pull down

As a Christian, I draw a lot of wisdom from the Bible.
They are just like the Scribes and Pharisees who Jesus accused that they do not want to enter heaven, but they would stop anyone who wants to enter!
We want out, they fought against it; yet they would not secede either.

All these lies about division in the East are geared towards frightening us to abandon our drive to leave Nigeria.
I wonder why they don't want to leave, but are working to stop us from leaving. Ask them now, they would vehemently deny it. Yet, at any opportunity, they jump in to tell us how only SE would secede.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by BlackPikiN(m): 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
Wily1Wily:

Fanta, Coca Cola, Sprite, Pepsi, Mirinda

hahaha
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Dede1(m): 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
prodam:

To you dede1, all what you have been saying i dont understand cos your posts lack harmony of words and sentences, and i guess that was why i have not replied to your earlier post,
u wrote about a record in 1965, 47 years ago, how many more states have been created over those years? what effect did the civil war had on the people of the east?

Get my stand clear, If the regions were to stand alone, the Igbos would be most affected,
how did Nigeria win Biafra, i heard it was "because there was shortage of food in the east", am i right?

the igbo land consists of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, and parts of Delta and Rivers State. Small parts of Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Benue and Bayelsa State,
as I said, only Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, would be forced to join the biafra nation and what do they have to offer, for your info, what these states have in common is lead/zinc,, i still repeat they can always count on their land,

Bros, I initially wrote you were wrongly schooled on the facts. Hunger does not cause people to lose a war. Rather I would say lack of ammunition and moral support do. Even the numerical advantage Nigeria enjoyed over Biafra did not faze the later a bit. I guess you did not see pictures coming out of Ethiopia and Eritrea during the civil war.    

I still do not understand the plank of your argument because you seem to hedge your facts on innuendos and fabricated fallacies. Since after the civil war, states with Igbo connection seem to occupy the high echelon of JAMB statistics.

There were two industries/mills responsible for production of steel and aluminum in Nigeria before the war started. Each was located in the north and east respectively.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by prodam(m): 11:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
Bros, I initially wrote you were wrongly schooled on the facts. Hunger does not cause people to lose a war. Rather I would say lack of ammunition and moral support do. Even the numerical advantage Nigeria enjoyed over Biafra did not faze the later a bit. I guess you did not see pictures coming out of Ethiopia and Eritrea during the civil war.   

I still do not understand the plank of your argument because you seem to hedge your facts on innuendos and fabricated fallacies. Since after the civil war, states with Igbo connection seem to occupy the high echelon of JAMB statistics.

There were two industries/mills responsible for production of steel and aluminum in Nigeria before the war started. Each was located in the north and east respectivel

bashr8:

I think this prodam is st,upid I dont understand why non igbos become expert in igbos affairs, why would the igbos in rivers and delta not join their igbos country if I may ask you? Are people still this stu.pid in todays Nigeria.we have asked what minerals others have that we don't have? Is it oil we have in abundance in both imo, and abia or natural gas ? Or are u talking about fanta,coke and sprite. Secondly why are you getting headache over what will happen to igbos and how they should divide themselves? Why not put all that energy on what will happen to your people.

Mr 1965, then, Prior to the discovery of oil, Nigeria's wealth derived from agricultural products from the south, and minerals from the north.

unfortunately, the oil would dry up in the next 43 years (which i am not happy about), why not come together and join the rich people

pls forget the biafra movements and move on to form a better NIgeria.
you have seen pictures from the civil war where biafrans are being put under "high-tensioned" sufferness arising from greed and satisfaction of selfish interest of a minority, I guess that same blood of greed run in you.

Bashr8, I am not stewpid, nor you are but i did not find a word that best describe you cos you are a combination of characters, why wont i talk about the igbos, they are my brothers, we live together in the same nation, we eat and dine together but we are scared of them,
each time we look back at the history of this dear nation, we become scared of the people of the okadigbos, and kaduna nzegwus,
I love Nigeria, I love the Ibos
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Nchara: 12:03am On Jan 22, 2012
prodam:

To you dede1, all what you have been saying i dont understand cos your posts lack harmony of words and sentences, and i guess that was why i have not replied to your earlier post,
u wrote about a record in 1965, 47 years ago, how many more states have been created over those years? what effect did the civil war had on the people of the east?

Get my stand clear, If the regions were to stand alone, the Igbos would be most affected,
how did Nigeria win Biafra, i heard it was "because there was shortage of food in the east", am i right?

the igbo land consists of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, and parts of Delta and Rivers State. Small parts of Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Benue and Bayelsa State,
as I said, only Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, would be forced to join the biafra nation and what do they have to offer, for your info, what these states have in common is lead/zinc,, i still repeat they can always count on their land,

I gave you enough time to do some googling (at least) by continuously asking you the same question so you can redeem yourself, but you continued to wallow in ignorance.

With the probable exception of two (Bitumen and Gold) resources there is no major resources you will find in any zone in Nigeria that is not in commercial quantity in the East (Imo/Abia/Anambra/Ebonyi/Abia). I dare you to prove me wrong. There are so many ignoramuses strutting the cyber space and your are certainly one of them.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by prodam(m): 12:41am On Jan 22, 2012
I gave you enough time to do some googling (at least) by continuously asking you the same question so you can redeem yourself, but you continued to wallow in ignorance.

With the probable exception of two (Bitumen and Gold) resources there is no major resources you will find in any zone in Nigeria that is not in commercial quantity in the East (Imo/Abia/Anambra/Ebonyi/Abia). I dare you to prove me wrong. There are so many ignoramuses strutting the cyber space and your are certainly one of them.

google or no google? am everly a "student" of History, I have books (ancient), witnesses and pictures regarding Nigeria-Biafra events.i have got no time to do a comprehensive research about that cos i know the internet might not be unbiased as regard the actual resources in the igboland,

Thanks Nchara for your points but u guys should be ashamed of yourselves that your lands are left unused (undeveloped) despite the huge amount of money you realized from all the natural resources, i went to ebonyi for a film shot and I made some relevant observations, thanks once again, I have really learnt alot from the argument, infact, one article written by an ibo phd holder made me to understand that:
Southeast is only about 3/5th of Igboland. Igboland covers the whole of Southeast, parts of Rivers, Delta, Benue, and Akwa Ibom states.
this contradicts what my igbo history student wrote in his project ooo.why now,
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by sbeezy8: 1:00am On Jan 22, 2012
original poster makes no sense.

No one will gain or lose anything Besides gaining their own region independently.

What business do igbos do in Lagos that a yoruba cannot? no really seriously. Lagos isnt the SW and even Minus Lagos SW still has the largest non oil GDP . lets be realsitic.

In the Niger delta their are non deltan Oil workers, but it wouldnt make sense for anyone to think that a deltan isnt capable of pumpin their own Oil, like wise business in the SW and North.

be realistic. I dont give a fuk who's losing what. at the end of the Day everyone is capable of building their own region. even Hausa if they wanted to, there's nothing stopping anyone.

[size=14pt]So WHY THE FUK WOULD I CARE WHAT IGBO HAUSA ETC WOULD GAIN OR LOSE?
[/size]
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by sbeezy8: 1:13am On Jan 22, 2012
Onlytruth:

Believe me, the only group that is really disliked in the south are Yoruba. I know that Edo may not join Biafra, but I know for sure that they would NEVER join Odua. FACT.

I've said it here before, the way things would turn out when everybody is faced with hard core facts, would shock a lot of people.
I'm only angry that people are cutting up Eastern Nigeria to suit their twisted agendas.

If yorubas are the most Hated in the South what does that concern you if youre a biafran? Like no really is it your business? The Name Odua its self is a projection of who they want in their country "yoruba speakers".

Yorubas and their related groups are in Benin Togo and Nigeria Mainly and still have no problem moving intermarrying like they're no barriers, so what would make you think there would be a problem if Yoruba related groups in the Niger delta decide to have a ND republic?

[size=14pt]and why are sooo BENT ON having edos urhobos ijaws etc join Biafra? Cant they have a Niger delta republic ? You sound SOOO DESPERATE.
[/size]

this is igarra page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Proudly-Igarra-absolute-peace/170808297836
They are from Akoko, many have yoruba names sometimes both first and last, but still remain Igarra,So why would there be any hate?

you sound ridiculous. Nigeria can break tomorrow- there will still be Yorubas living in Warri, Benin city married to locals In the "New Niger Delta Republic",and there will still be Urhobos,binis,igarra in Lagos, Akure and Ibadan in the new "Oduduwa republic". You think people who marry from SW and Edo Delta state will suddenly divorce and move to different countries? LOL

I TOLD YOU THAT YOU ARE FOOL AND A DREAMER. Ode
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by houvest: 1:29am On Jan 22, 2012
OP is Funniest poster I have met on NL. Surprised at the attention he is getting. Good to try to school him and correct the fallacies he has imbibed from his environment but I wonder whether it will do any good. He appears so much steeped in his idiocyncracies that I wonder whether he is really stupid or just doing a propaganda job. When you see so many threads sprouting out trying to stop the splitting of Nigeria you really wonder whether it is not an agenda of a certain mastermind. Their actual betrayal of total and complete ignorance and yet boldness to strut onto the internet stage with stories based on civil war propaganda and my papa/mama/teacher told me bereft of research is so amazing and nauseating that you really want to puke. Can you believe that when asked to google, they say that the internet will be biased. Igbos now control the internet. Sad.So sad.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by aljharem(m): 1:50am On Jan 22, 2012
Onlytruth:

[size=14pt]is this about expanding the Igbo territory or about making a great nation ? even if it is baifra ?

I don't understand the obsession with this land grabbing and population thing some of you people are doing all over Nigeria. Even if you have baifra today with the whole Middle belt, South-south including delta and edo and even expand to parts of cameroun, the issue has not been addressed which is every single individual be it igbo or not needs good governance and right to self determination. So really I don't see your fascination about "this south-south is our land thing" it is rather silly to think that if your people who happen to be the igbos become the new super majority, things would change for the better. That would not be the case because "no man shall reap were he did not sow" Goodluck with ur utopian dream of biafra and igbo domination. Allah be with baifra

even us Nigerians are getting fed up that is the reality[/size]
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by ziga: 2:00am On Jan 22, 2012
@ some posters, you know yourselves

You claim people are into igbo affairs, but rather, you are the ones trying to suck everybody into your region and claiming to be the backbone of other regions and judging who would join who.

Why don't you stick with your own troubles
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by UKBobo(m): 2:12am On Jan 22, 2012
Why are you all so desperate to break up from each other? The level of hate is tangible and very primal. Is this normal because when I was in Lagos. people tended to get on. I mixed mainly with Yorubas and Igbos. Is this enmity, or tribalism, hidden on day to day interaction in Nigeria between people.

I feel that if the country is split, no one will benefit!
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by bashr8: 2:57am On Jan 22, 2012
This dumb pradam should stay in his lane, what are younsoo concerned about what will happen to igbos, igbos are faring better than another people now , why you so scared that igbos might leave? Pls conserve your energy cause the yorubas will need it. Your talking about biafran war its funny how non biafrans cry more about the war than biafrans themselves
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 3:05am On Jan 22, 2012
alj harem:

[size=14pt]is this about expanding the Igbo territory or about making a great nation ? even if it is baifra ?

I don't understand the obsession with this land grabbing and population thing some of you people are doing all over Nigeria. Even if you have baifra today with the whole Middle belt, South-south including delta and edo and even expand to parts of cameroun, the issue has not been addressed which is every single individual be it igbo or not needs good governance and right to self determination. So really I don't see your fascination about "this south-south is our land thing"  it is rather silly to think that if your people who happen to be the igbos become the new super majority, things would change for the better. That would not be the case because "no man shall reap were he did not sow"  Goodluck with ur utopian dream of biafra and igbo domination. Allah be with baifra

even us Nigerians are getting fed up that is the reality[/size]

Let me ask you a question.
If Nigeria divides tomorrow, how will North Central be shared? Do you honestly believe that Hausa/Fulani would just sit by while you Yorubas divide up North Central to suit your warped sense of justice? Keep dreaming dude!
The South South contains a HUGE chunk of Igbo lands. Learn to live with it.
The way it would be shared is East, West, North. I don't even believe there would be any "middle belt". Who has time for pretenses. However, if any region would be divided, it is the North because Boko Haram is busy killing Northern minorities. Read my lips: We would not allow your type to divide and steal our resources again  under political perfidy. cool
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by nduchucks: 3:13am On Jan 22, 2012
Onlytruth:

The South South contains a HUGE chunk of Igbo lands. Learn to live with it.
Read my lips: We would not allow your type to divide and steal our resources again  under political perfidy. cool

Oh boy, Eminent leaders from the SS just issued a joint communiqué with SW leaders entitled: “Strengthening the Unity of Nigeria issued at the end of the jaw-jaw and jointly signed by the leader of the South-South delegates, Chief Edwin Clark, and his counterpart form the South-West, Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi. There was no SS "Igbo" present at the meeting. Shouldn't you all be working with the SS folks who are the real owners of onshore oil? They will give you nothing without a fight and given what's happening, the SW will fight on their side.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by ziga: 3:16am On Jan 22, 2012
bashr8:

This dumb pradam should stay in his lane, what are younsoo concerned about what will happen to igbos, igbos are faring better than another people now , why you so scared that igbos might leave? Pls conserve your energy cause the yorubas [/b]will need it. Your talking about biafran war its funny how [b]non biafrans cry more about the war than biafrans themselves

First of all, you should take your own advice.

Next, non-biafrans cry more about the war Really?
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 3:17am On Jan 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Oh boy, Eminent leaders from the SS just issued a joint communiqué with SW leaders entitled: “Strengthening the Unity of Nigeria issued at the end of the jaw-jaw and jointly signed by the leader of the South-South delegates, Chief Edwin Clark, and his counterpart form the South-West, Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi. There was no SS "Igbo" present at the meeting. Shouldn't you all be working with the SS folks who are the real owners of onshore oil? They will give you nothing without a fight and given what's happening, the SW will fight on their side.

You mean the same meeting that Edwin Clarke also had with Igbo and SE leaders a couple of weeks ago?
What cud are your chewing this time?
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by bashr8: 3:18am On Jan 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

What onshore oil are you talking about? Since when did the oil in imo and abi belong to south south? As for ss igbnos i guess You did not see mike okiro and ayakene there
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 3:20am On Jan 22, 2012
This map is a very powerful map. cool

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by bashr8: 3:20am On Jan 22, 2012
ziga:

First of all, you should take your own advice.

Next, non-biafrans cry more about the war Really?
Yes they do, if not why does it bother them so much Nigeria or no igeria igbos will continue to fair better than all of you,  get that into your skull
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by nduchucks: 3:23am On Jan 22, 2012
Onlytruth:

You mean the same meeting that Edwin Clarke also had with Igbo and SE leaders a couple of weeks ago?
What cud are your chewing this time?

Please post the attendees of the said Edwin Clarke meeting and compare them to the attendees of the meeting I talked about.  You leaders remain fools and political novices.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by bashr8: 3:26am On Jan 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Please post the attendees of the said Edwin Clarke meeting and compare them to the attendees of the meeting I talked about.  You leaders remain fools and political novices.
Are you not a northerner? Why are you so concerned about who is meeting who
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 3:26am On Jan 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Even a toddler knows that the meeting is necessary to help calm some frayed nerves over Jonathan presidency.
The president himself is likely behind it, and it is wise to do so. Does it really change anything?
We know who is having sleepless nights because of Jonathan presidency, and it ain't Igbo.

We SUPPORT JONATHAN COMPLETELY.  cool cool cool
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 3:29am On Jan 22, 2012
bashr8:

The guy is desperate.
As we speak, there is a HIGH PITCHED opposition to Jonathan Presidency mainly from the North and West.

The guy jumps and starts talking about some myth pulled from his @ss.
Just let him wallow in self deceit.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by nduchucks: 3:31am On Jan 22, 2012
bashr8:

I'm a Nigerian and if you were bright you'd pay attention to who is meeting who as well. olodo

Eze alaigbo, why are you worried about me na? smiley
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 3:34am On Jan 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I'm a Nigerian and if you were bright you'd pay attention to who is meeting who as well. olodo

Eze alaigbo, why are you worried about me na?  smiley

lol, you are the one worried about MOI and Ndigbo.  wink cheesy cheesy cheesy

We support GEJ with every fiber of our beings!  cool

He still has 3 solid years to design Nigeria and shape it the way it should be.

When he is done, you won't recognize it again.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by bashr8: 3:36am On Jan 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Eze alaigbo, why are you worried about me na?  smiley

Will their meeting reduce poverty in the north or any part of Nigeria? No
will their meeting stop book harem? No
Do you want cookies and milk for paying attention on who and who attended?
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 3:37am On Jan 22, 2012
@ndu_chucks

I'm already working on a stratagem to ensure that GEJ continues in office after 2015.
Get ready bro. Power will not leave Eastern Nigeria soon. 
. . . and no amount of Boko Haram will change anything. cool
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by manny4life(m): 3:41am On Jan 22, 2012
@OP

On my own part, this is hard to predict because from my own perspective I believe the north with their rich agricultural produce are united and can move forward with that, the south(especially we the Yoruba) lacks love and unity but have got rich resources(human and mineral), the east has nothing tangible in terms of mineral resources [/b]but their initiative and creativity coupled with their fearlessness can get them developed like U.S.A

Isn't it rather ironic that the entire SE[b] "has nothing tangible in terms of mineral resources"
? shocked shocked shocked I find that statement either mischievous or totally ignorant. Besides, I thought human capital will be known to ALL regions, the skills and entrepreneurship will be the dependent factor of the human capital.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by bashr8: 3:42am On Jan 22, 2012
If he really paid attention he would have seen that out of 15 of the south south delegates from 6 states 2  are igbos. Mike okiro is a hard core igbo man from rivers state

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Navy Rescues Hijacked Singapore-owned Oil Tanker / True Pictures Of Lagos They Hide From Us / Nigerians React To President Buhari's Throwback Picture - #10yearschallange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.