Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,381 members, 7,964,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:49 PM

Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! (13798 Views)

Country Of The Kingdom Of Western Nigeria Congratulate Prince Mohammed Al Sada / Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others / FG Appoints KPMG, PwC To Audit NNPC, NPA, NIMASA and Other Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by Beaf: 3:08am On Jan 22, 2012
markovnikoff001:

First thing I'm gonna say is Beaf is a government mole, planted here, and probably on social media across the Nigerian cyberspace to defend government practices and create doubts in the minds of those whose stance is weak. I know his type and this how they work.

Second thing I'm gonna say is that right now, at this moment, I'm trying to zone the word Nigeria outta my mind; the word now connotes for me dishonesty and cruelty and greed and cover-ups and every derogatory word I can ever come up with.

Dude, I wish people like you would quit your id!otic "government mole" thing, especially as I do not work for the govt. I see that tactic it as a way of dodging the application of your brain to the issue at hand (perhaps, you are just incapable); either that or you are a mentally weak freak who follows the herd and repeats what they heard like a robot (mental weakness would explain why you want to say derogatory things about Nigeria).

Deal with the topic at hand without the crap. These days, NL overflows with all sorts of seaweed and unrefined types.

The same goes to mcgboye.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by deandavid(m): 3:10am On Jan 22, 2012
ok now we have seen that the company is a scam, what next can we do? we cant sit here and just complain, somebody need to do something, anything, to let the govt know they've been busted. we cant continue like this o. and you beef, you dey fall my hand everyday, i swear u dey fall every deltan hands. If i catch u,
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by Beaf: 3:16am On Jan 22, 2012
deandavid:

ok now we have seen that the company is a scam, what next can we do? we cant sit here and just complain, somebody need to do something, anything, to let the govt know they've been busted. we cant continue like this o. and you beef, you dey fall my hand everyday, i swear u dey fall every deltan hands. If i catch u,

Bruv, I can almost guarantee that, I big pass you and I get muscle pass you. Who you wan catch?

The company might or might not be a scam. Whichever way, you will not find that out from their website. Nigerians, especially the older ones, do not take the internet seriously; IMHO that explains the wretchedness of that website (damola1 has already looked the partners up and it seems they have been running from at least 1996).
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by manny4life(m): 3:33am On Jan 22, 2012
What difference does it make? The FG site looks crappy anyway, there are tons of businesses in Nigeria that have crappy site, and there are some without one at all. Personally, I think a website is just a tool for marketing (business image) purposes and online presence; however, it doesn't in anyway translate into professional capability, experience and service initiative. In as long as they perform their job, without prejudice nor compromise, that's all that matters. After all, you can spend $100,000 and design a perfect looking website which can be deceitful only to find out that so-called experts do not have necessary qualification nor experience. There's a fine line between online presence and marketing AND service quality, qualification and experience.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by clip: 4:37am On Jan 22, 2012
I think there is a need for another audit contact.The Government already appointed KPMG and they came out with recommendation.Or are they saying that they are not competent. If they feel that they are not ,they shouldn't have awarded KPMG the contract. Double expenses on One project, waste of money.Again what is the guarantee that they will impliment the recommondations of the new auditors.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by okunboy: 5:14am On Jan 22, 2012
Alhaji Zakari Sada I was in KD few days ago, and I met this man in "shagalinku" restaurant, he was alone eating (I think Rice or something). So na dis guy hammer the job! Goodluck to him!

For all of you questioning the competence of his firm, pls ask madam okonjo iweala!
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by Korrection(m): 5:16am On Jan 22, 2012
a website designed by a cattle rearer,
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by obowunmi(m): 5:18am On Jan 22, 2012
Calabar polytechnic- loooooool
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by mdbabah(m): 5:24am On Jan 22, 2012
as for me i cant waste my hard earned megabyte on a dumb site like such. Hence we all know nothing good will finaly come out of it, oh i rest my case jare!
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by obowunmi(m): 5:27am On Jan 22, 2012
Korrection:

a website designed by a cattle rearer,

LooooooooooL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 22, 2012
man, nigerians are fools! ediots of the highest order! 50 years running and you guys are still being fooled right infront of your eyes

what a shithole website is that, 4ck! half of the pages are blank.

chatard accountants, financail consulting, and,
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by Taborah: 6:06am On Jan 22, 2012
Quick Search

Home | About Us | Services | Partners | Contacts

© 2011 Copyright Sada,Idris & Co. All rights reserved

Audit & Account
Finacail Consulting
Taxation
HRC
IFRS
Compliance

Alhaji Zakari Sada, IJMB,B Sc, ACCA
Alhaji Zakari Co-founder of Sada,Idris & Co Chartered Accountants which was established in 1992. Alhaji Zakari Sada i a first class honour graduate in Accounting from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and Also an Assocaited Member[ACCA] London School of Accountancy 1986 grin. Member Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria[ICAN] 1986.

Nkem Onyekawa, HND,
Mr. Nkem Onyekawa is a Managing Partner with over 20years experience in covering Audit, Accountancy and other related engagement including supervising various World Bank Assisted Projects, and re-engineering assignment of companies in Energy, Oil and Gas Industries.
Mr Nkem Onyekawa a 1985 graduate of Accountancy Calabar state Polytechnics is also an Associated Member of cryInstitute of Chartered Accountants of Nigiera ICAN 1987, and also an Assocaited Memeber in Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria 2001
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by okunoba(m): 6:20am On Jan 22, 2012
@Beaf, As much as I think u mean well for Nigeria and want Goodluck to do well , I think there are times when u have to admit faults with the way Goodluck is performing. Who is without fault? We are all fallible.

I think in a profession that demands attention to detail, u have to admit the website clearly did not exhibit such trait, it was full of errors. Why did the top men not check the website design before it was launched?  The company is not thorough, the web site should have been screened to make sure everything was done properly.  I believe Jonathan means well, but sadly he is surrounded by bad eggs.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by ismhab(m): 6:24am On Jan 22, 2012
To err is human, but to forgive is divine.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by efisher(m): 7:19am On Jan 22, 2012
How can a company that doesn't have the diligence to correct very obvious spelling mistakes on its website, have the diligence to audit NNPC properly. Whoever was given the task to design the website needs to be sacked asap!
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by 2sexy(m): 7:26am On Jan 22, 2012
As for me I don't have much to say. Like posted on my facebook, if it gets bloody tomorrow, I WILL KILL AS MANY POLITICIANS AS I CAN, EVEN THIER CHILDREN WILL NOT BE SPARED!

I dey here dey roast and one mumu bastard put up a website not long ago for 3+ milla. Take a look at the site I designed in December but sold it to an American online. www.seoarticlepress.com

I don't blame good luck but those that voted and campaigned for him. I can boldly say it here that despite all this charade and misconduct, STUPID Nigerians still have not learnt one lessons and they will want to vote for this man come 2015.
It is very easy to see that Goodluck is not smart and intelligent before now and that's why I didn't vote for him. We have Pat Utomi there, Ribadu was there but Nigerian chose the "MESSIAH" outright stupidity.

Forget this so called leaders, Are we not the cause? Who will spend millions to gain your vote and you expect him note make profit when in power.

Nigerians are selling their future yet they complain.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by Tafugo: 7:44am On Jan 22, 2012
The Sada guy is one mumu GM that used to be at Habib bank didn't know his right from his left.he can't audit a traders shop talk less of NNPC.This is one of the reasons for occupy Nigeria celebrating incompetence there are other Nothern firms ie Suilamon and co with the experience and profile to handle such briefs. Boko Haram is winning
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by xpagnol: 8:14am On Jan 22, 2012
Beaf , am really very sorry for ur parents and people around you. You want to tell us that in this world of technology and acute systematic packaging of products and services, we should not border about the website. As small as my company is we update ours every 2months.How do they sell their services to the larger world if not by such upgrade. . Infact i regret wasting my energy here with you. You are a wasted creature to God.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 22, 2012
Lol at "chatard" accountants. I'm not surprised. You don't expect government to engage the services of any of the Big 4 accounting/auditing firms (PWC, KPMG, Akintola-Deloitte, and Ernst & Young), otherwise them go open their yansh mercilessly. Awarding such an important contract to an apparently clueless and useless 'auditing' firm of 'chatard' accountants is not only because of the usual Nigeria 'padi-padi' considerations, it is more of a deliberate effort by those in government to ensure that the auditing process yields no tangible result. It's a crying shame. But then, nothing surprises me anymore about this country. Things would only go from bad to worse UNLESS and UNTIL the masses take laws into their hands and carry out a bloody peoples' revolution. What a joke this useless country is.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by ono(m): 8:24am On Jan 22, 2012
beaf,
We get to talk. YIM me on yahoo if you can. My YIM add is on my profile. Thank you.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by mcgboye(m): 9:03am On Jan 22, 2012
Beaf,
The only response to my post you could give is "same goes to mcgboye".
I guess that says it all. This is the last I'll say of this issue, but I'm sure our paths will cross again very soon. This govt will soon make another idiotic mistake, and you'll be there, as usual, to put up a defense.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 22, 2012
It seems they rushed to create this site judging from the abundant mistakes in its home page.

shocked shocked shocked No address!!! just a contact form!!! What do these people take Nigerians for? Fools?

Is this thesame Dr Usman Bugaje that was a political adviser to Atiku?
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by dustydee: 9:20am On Jan 22, 2012
I think they will be able to do the Job given their professional qualification. It will also be a spring board to better days ahead. They will not want to soil their reputation for a few million nairas. How did KPMG start? How did they build their reputation? was it not by doing jobs one after the other?. If they had given the job to KPMG for $20million now you guys will be shouting that the government should cut cost. They are Nigerians and I will want to believe that they are competent. It will definitely create employment.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by richjohn1(m): 9:34am On Jan 22, 2012
@mcgboye

Please leave that joke called beaf/pork alone I was waiting for an intelligent and very crafted response from the cow, only to hear an amazng "same goes to mcgboye" That joke of a firm cant even qualify to audit a branch of Ecobank, not to talk of the entire oil and gas sector, hmmm

I comment my reserve!
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by klas(m): 9:39am On Jan 22, 2012
@mcgboye, do we really have accounting firm with up to 500 professionals/ 700 staff in Nigeria? I doubt. The top firms only have offices in lagos and mini branches or representative offices in either Abuja or port-harcourt or both. Judging by the size of their buildings, such numbers cannot be accommodated there. Deloitte that has the biggest building among them sublet most of the floors.

I worked for a very big organization. During my time time there, I never witnessed a time that auditors deployed even up to 50 professionals at a time to do the audit and I was in a position to know.

The optimal number of staff should be determined by your clientele base and your diversification. The top firms that we know are not just accounting firms per-se but multi disciplinary firms that cover areas not related to accounting or auditing

I also found out that most times, these big firms in Nigeria do request for experts from their foreign offices when they get technical jobs here. This I know when we started ifrs conversion in my present organization.

S.A. Afemikhe & Co is a force to reckon with in oil accounting and auditing, yet I know many outside oil industry have not heard of them. BTW, they jointly did the now famous nnpc investigation with kpmg and judging by the job division as contained in the report, they are not inferior partner.

I have gone through the scope of work for the assignment given to Sada idris. I have the impression that they must have bidded for the job in consortium with a foreign technical partner otherwise they would not have qualified.

@all, kpmg (actually kpmg and Afemikhe) audit covers up to 2009 while Sada is to cover 2009 to 2011, so they are not the same
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by 2n2k(m): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2012
^^^ to a large extent I agree with you. The significant advantage that the major accounting firms have over their local counterparts is the ability to bring in relevant professionals from their outside offices.

A sharp local firm can mitigate this disadvantage by entering into specific technical partnership with relevant experts when bidding.

But why does accounting profession lay premium on foreign affiliation? I don't see that in legal profession yet they make their own names. Akintola Williams used to have branches in 4 west African countries when it was a 'local firm' but it is now subsumed under Deloitte
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 22, 2012
S̴̩☺̩ the KPMG report is useless ø® what?
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by vizion: 10:31am On Jan 22, 2012
where are the agent for OCCUPY NIGERIA, Tunde Bakare & co?

let them come and protest this one, i would throw my weight behind them.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by OmoTier1(m): 10:33am On Jan 22, 2012
klas:

@all, kpmg (actually kpmg and Afemikhe) audit covers up to 2009 while Sada is to cover 2009 to 2011, so they are not the same
Are you really that serious? A government that could not act on an Audit report covering nearly 10years of Graft, is it same that would now have the guts to act on a findings covering just two years? I mean who is fooling who here Beside from the information available, this company DOES NOT have what is takes to audit a multi-facet company/mega entity like NNPC! All they will end up doing is taking the contract sums, 'buy' the services of some other 'firms' and render shoody report that will be ridden with misinformation at best!
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by klas(m): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2012
^^^^ Why do I need to be serious. Na me chop the money?

A govt official once rationalized the reason for the further audit. He said the period covered by kpmg/afemikhe (up to 2009) is outside the tenure of the present administration and there is need to bring the investigation up to date to cover GEJ and DAM tenure.
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by mcgboye(m): 10:56am On Jan 22, 2012
Hello Klas,
I said I won't comment again on this thread, but your sensible contribution deserves a rejoinder. When I say a firm has 700 staff, I know what I am saying. Well, I work for one of the so-called Big Four, and I do know that figure is accurate. In my office, the Audit division has at least 200 professional staff. I can't say the accurate figure for the other divisions, but you kind of get my point. Also, my earlier post clearly stated that the audit of NNPC was handled by 2 firms. So my point, in case you didn't get it, is how will a 30-man firm handle the work of an entire oil & gas industry? This firm has 4 different units, therefore how many staff do you think will be in each unit? You said "S.A. Afemikhe & Co is a force to reckon with in oil accounting and auditing", but there has to be a reason they weren't asked to do the audit of NNPC alone.
Per your point on AKD subletting parts of its building, maybe you need to know that their staff largely work outside the office, so they do not need a big office space.
Someone said there was a bidding process. I disagree. Don't forget that the decision to carry out the exercise was a result of public outcry, therefore a decision hurriedly carried out within 5days or thereabout couldn't have been subject to a rigorous screening exercise, no?

I think your last paragraph sums up everything. If KPMG and Afemikhe were jointly asked to audit NNPC, how come a firm as small as having 30 staff was engaged to audit the entire oil & gas industry for 3 yrs?

The truth is in the answer, and the answer is in the truth
Re: Sada Idris & Co To Audit NNPC. Check Out Their Website! by denitro(m): 11:07am On Jan 22, 2012
[size=22pt]Bandwidth Limit Exceeded[/size]

Bandwidth allowance/limit is the amount of data transfer you are given on a plan/package by your host.

The notice means that the bandwidth allowance that your host gives to you on your current plan, has all been used up this month. If you have recently received a lot of traffic, this may happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Unveils Mega Rice Processing Factory / Jonathan Deploys Military Men To Monitor Election – See Names And Phone Numbers / INEC Reacts To Sale Of PVCs On Alibaba.com, Foreign Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.