Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,479 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:52 PM

Can True Love Be Found Online? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can True Love Be Found Online? (4213 Views)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / Can True Love Exist In Poverty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can True Love Be Found Online? by whoknoxluv(m): 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2006
Today, singles all over the world are kissing fate goodbye and looking for love online.

This is hardly a new phenomenon. Online dating has been around as long as the Web made it possible for two people to communicate. Now, millions log on everyday to search through profiles and photos of total strangers, hoping to find that special someone.

Of course as long as there has been online dating, there has been a stigma attached to it. Five years ago, had anyone told you, “We met online”, you may have tried to stifle one or possibly all of the following:

A giggle
An awkward smile
A look of shame
It was the equivalent of saying, “I’m desperate, and the ticking of my biological clock keeps me up at night.”

However today, with the bombardment of television ads and word-of-mouth praise, online daters are coming out of the closet. And no one is more into the trend than Christians.

I didn’t believe it until I began researching for this article. I took a random, informal survey of several graduate school students, encouraging them to share their thoughts on dating online.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Babybee(f): 1:46pm On Mar 17, 2006
YEAH but very scarce,
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by DAMMYGLOW(f): 2:11pm On Mar 17, 2006
anything is possible
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:14pm On Mar 17, 2006
you're right dammy, anything is possible
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by comely(f): 2:55pm On Mar 17, 2006
It depends,but i dont think i can fall truely in love with a stranger .
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:40pm On Mar 17, 2006
well i wouldnt know about others,mmmhhhh  well anything is possible but to me i think it feels funny to fall in love with some one ive never met, but anything can happen.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by stevebk(m): 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2006
love can be found any where, as long as love still exist it can be found. ones theres a communication, and u guys get to talk, u will fall in love,
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by glodave(f): 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2006
yes, bt it's a two pleople thing
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by whoknoxluv(m): 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2006
glodave:

yes, bt it's a two pleople thing

You said  yes, bt it's a two pleople thing  how? i will love you to explain yourself beta  and mayb we can start one hope your man will not kill me ?
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by omon(m): 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2006
The first the contact I had with my wife was done online. Today, we are happily married
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by whoknoxluv(m): 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2006
thank God it work for u but i still nd one to get along with me so any introdution to one will be appreciated thanks
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by pearl2(m): 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2006
omon:

The first the contact I had with my wife was done online. Today, we are happily married
Congrats! u're one in a million cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Bufoe(m): 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2006
Well for me, I think its the sickest thing,Cyberworld can be so deceptive.
Well ,I've got a friend who is into one right now(still watching where it will lead to )
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Badman888(m): 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2006
yes ooo like 5% chance
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by dablessed(f): 11:25pm On Mar 18, 2006
In my opinion, there is no harm in meeting someone online but it will certainly be dumb and stupid to fall in love on line. Afterall it takes two people to have known each other to an extent before falling in love can be deemed to have taken place. So how then can one fall in love with who you have never seen or known?
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by pearl2(m): 11:40pm On Mar 18, 2006
I guess 'falling in love' means different thing to different people.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by dablessed(f): 11:45pm On Mar 18, 2006
Hmm! Yeah it certainly does.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by oluwizard(m): 11:51pm On Mar 18, 2006
falling in love or in lust i myself i don't believe in it.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by ajadudu: 3:06am On Mar 19, 2006
Can true love be found online? I believe you can make 1st contact online and it develops into love when you get to meet the person offline.

I have a cousin who met her husband online, they eventually met face to face after 3 months, dated for a year, and have now been married for almost 4 years with 2 kids,
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by OldGlory1(m): 7:55am On Mar 19, 2006
It depends on who is looking for love. I think you can meet someone online, and your vital statistics are very appealing, and your "First date or First meet" will seal or break the deal. The online thing is just to find a connection, more so than "Finding Love".
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by bunkbobo: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2006
My cousin after his divorce to his wife of more than 10years,
met a nigerian girl on line and ''imported'' her from her village to the Uk.
Today they're husband and wife living together and happily so.
The puzzle about love is that who you fall in true love with is never a matter of your choice or control.
The heart wants what it wants and like the midnight thief,
catches you during your unguarded moments.
In the things of love, every stranger out there is your  potential heart throb.
Men have married women they picked for a one night stand,
-whores,
strangers they gave a lift,
fellow commuters they met for the first time,
a voice on the other end answering to their wrong calls,
women they saw in pages of newspaper/mags,
a saleslady at his door step,
Someone in a chat room or dating site, kiss
a stranger who smiled at them on their way to work/school/meeting,
the girl sitting by them in a crowded film hall or theater or sports field.
Yesterday they were complete strangers,
today they say ''forever i do'',
tomorrow could make them strangers again.
That is the beauty of love.
That is the game of destiny.
Show me a man/women who qualifies and picks who to fall in love with ,
I will show you a man/women who has never known what true love is! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Zahymaka(m): 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2006
The odds are against that happening. Everyone can pass him/herself off as charming, honest etc online. Nothing beats getting to know the person in person.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by bunkbobo: 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2006
Zahymaka:

The odds are against that happening. Everyone can pass him/herself off as charming, honest etc online. Nothing beats getting to know the person in person.

Even those you feel you know today as Doves, could be scorpions or wolves attacking  your heart tomorrow grin grin grin
W a t c h   o u t!
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by 2cantango(f): 2:07pm On Mar 19, 2006
I've been bitten online before sad When we finally met he was nothing like what he had been portraying himeslf to be angry Many slimy snakes out there in cyber land angry
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by omon(m): 2:38pm On Mar 19, 2006
I see no reason why people can't just be honest when they meet people online. If both parties are sincere, then there will be no shock when they meet in person.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by stark(m): 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2006
It is really great  adventure that has worked out for so many people. love is a very perfect gift from God ,  you  can't control it especially when you are in dire need of it. it is so natural that you don't know when you fall in love. And it can be at any time ,with any body no matter where you met him  or her.  It is  a big mystery.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Free(f): 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2006

i agree
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by shockreaction(m): 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2006
It depends,but i don't think i can fall truely in love with a stranger .

You do realise that every one else you meet in your life, outside of your family, is a stranger at first, right? Right?

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Zahymaka(m): 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2006
Based on my own research, I think the majority of people who hang out online for dates are people who're scared of the real relationship -- or who've had very bad experiences with relationships. The idea is to let life go on and to give it another try. Contrary to the "married and lived happily ever after" theorem, most instances in live do deviate significantly from the curve.

CyberLove, for example is possible between two people who are very chaste and don't consider giving it a try in real life. On the other hand it leaves much to the imagination and either party might think the other must be depraved to have dreamt up some things. And one thing to note is that both parties in an online date tend to think of the other as perfect, trying to conceal all flaws.

By the way, your pet peeves are most likely discovered in a physical meeting. If you hate girls who chew gum, I can assure you you probably never will discover this online. Nobody ever wants to pass him/herself off as the "only bad person" on the internet. Face it -- if a beautiful bible-thumpin' sister approaches you on the net ad you're shall I say interested, I'm sure you'll dust off that old bible that's lain in the corner for ten years and begin trading bible verses with her. It really doesn't matter whether you know what you're reading - the point is you'll have the bible open in front of your screen while you type.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by kewe(f): 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2006
yeah i very much believe in it
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by babymine(f): 10:54am On Mar 20, 2006
Yeah, sometimes.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by whoknoxluv(m): 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2006
I've been bitten online before When we finally met he was nothing like what he had been portraying himeslf to be Many slimy snakes out there in cyber land credited to bunkbobo

If you will becos of this run away frm online love men i don't know what might happen if that is where ur luck is.

just try some more and maybe it will work out
i will say lets try it together

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cyber Romance And True Love / Should I Go Back To The Father Of My Children? / What Is Wrong In Dating Two Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.