Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,089 members, 7,880,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:45 PM

Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved (1203 Views)

Funny Text Messages You Can Send To Your Loved Ones / Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? / How Do Men Want To Be Loved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 24, 2012
After reading so much on this forum, I've come to the conclusion that the Nigerian men who seem to appreciate and suffer for love more are the strugglers.

Why do all broke Johns insist on falling in love, getting disappointed and then coming to Nairaland to pour their hearts out?

The rich guys come here to complain about how they maltreated a lady after seducing her with their money, the poor ones complain about how they were maltreated by a lady after spending up to their last kobo on her.

Please tell me Nairaland, why e be say na suffer head dey love and die for love pass?
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by r231(m): 1:18am On Jan 24, 2012
Brb
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by iice(f): 4:31am On Jan 24, 2012
Eh?
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by jaybee3(m): 1:49pm On Jan 24, 2012
No correlation lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by freecocoa(f): 1:54pm On Jan 24, 2012
Ah
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by pendo89(f): 2:21pm On Jan 24, 2012
grin grin brb
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2012
You guys are unfair! cry cry cry

The question is simple na: why are the poor always desperate for love?
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by jaybee3(m): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2012
michelin89:

You guys are unfair! cry cry cry

The question is simple na: why are the poor always desperate for love?
Wrong assertion if in a general context
If you are looking at it from a Nigerian context, the reason wouldn't be far fetched from the fact that money is the single most important determinant factor when getting into a relationships.

If less privileged people don't have disposable money, it had only be natural for them to be desperate as the % of available women they are able to choose from automatically decreases
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 24, 2012
But na them dey cry pass. Me never see any rich and educated boy wey dey cry because woman don leave am. For NL I dey see the congregation of the the "Ajepkakos, dying for love" just too often!
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by jaybee3(m): 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2012
michelin89:

But na them dey cry pass. Me never see any rich and educated boy wey dey cry because woman don leave am. For NL I dey see the congregation of the the "Ajepkakos, dying for love" just too often!
Are you trying to analyse why people cry for love?
Poverty and education doesn't have anything to do with that though cool cool cool
It's all about maturity/experience.
It's a lot easier for a mature/experienced boy/girl to deal with a break up compared to a newbie who just fell in love for the first time
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2012
Jaybee you sound like a rich, educated and modest guy who wants to defend his suffer head counterparts. Karma will surely reward you for your kind heart! cheesy cheesy
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by jaybee3(m): 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2012
looool
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by freecocoa(f): 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2012
Err mm Michy who told you they are all poor?I know I've read stories of supposed rich dudes who wept on NL about love too.
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by MrsChima1(f): 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2012
I don't see how people can equate excess of or lack of money to loving someone.  Money/wealth is material and it is an addition to things you need or want to survive in your natural world, however there are couples with excess money love each other and couples with lack of money love each other.  

The reason why most people are unhappy in their relationship or marriage is lack of compatibility or equally yoke-ness.  

Love of money is the chaos of many things.
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2012
freecocoa:

Err mm Michy who told you they are all poor?I know I've read stories of supposed rich dudes who wept on NL about love too.

Before I answer, let me just say you make me want to eat cocoa whenever I read your name.

Now back to your post, how many rich guys come here to weep for love? Now compare them to the number of the ajekpakos.

@ Mrs. Chima
The point is these guys don't have a job or a business to focus on so they spend their days loving and eventually weeping for these girls who still leave them to find greener pastures.

The poor seem more attracted to love. The rich are, but even when the love go sour, they still have a valid reason to stay together: money. Something a poor dude can't afford so they are constantly left heart-broken by girls who think "nor be love person go eat".
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by jaybee3(m): 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

I don't see how people can equate excess of or lack of money to loving someone.  Money/wealth is material and it is an addition to things you need or want to survive in your natural world, however there are couples with excess money love each other and couples with lack of money love each other.  

The reason why most people are unhappy in their relationship or marriage is lack of compatibility or equally yoke-ness.  

Love of money is the chaos of many things.  
Are we going by the book or the relationship journals again?

We are talking about experiences of the common man/woman on a daily basis hence my insistence on the view point of Nigeria.
Just do a basic research on NL to see the number of opened threads whereby Naija dudes have complained about how some if not most of Naija girls they ask out on daily basis have basic minimum requirement of their potential bf's being able to take care of them monetarily
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by MrsChima1(f): 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2012
michelin89:

Before I answer, let me just say you make me want to eat cocoa whenever I read your name.

Now back to your post, how many rich guys come here to weep for love? Now compare them to the number of the ajekpakos.

@ Mrs. Chima
The point is these guys don't have a job or a business to focus on so they spend their days loving and eventually weeping for these girls who still leave them to find greener pastures.

The poor seem more attracted to love. The rich are, but even when the love go sour, they still have a valid reason to stay together: money. Something a poor dude can't afford so they are constantly left heart-broken by girls who think "nor be love person go eat".

I understand your point, however it still doesn't negate the fact that many people who are in it for the love of money will never prosper or be happy.  

It seems though in the Nigerian context, rich means having money whereas, in the States rich means excess of and set for life.  If the guy doesn't have any money and he is with a girl who loves HIM, she wouldn't search for a greener pasture.  But if she in it for the hope of money then of course she will stray.  

There are many couples who are "poor" and not in the States making it work where the government doesn't provide any support at all, but by the grace of God, they are surviving and flourishing.  

Let say the girl leaves her "poor" guy for a "rich" guy and few months down the line the "rich" guy loses everything.  The girl finds out and because she doesn't love the "rich" guy, she moves on to the next "mugu".   What is the difference between the "poor" guy and the "rich" guy?  

Answer: She didn't love neither one of them.
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by slimyem: 3:37pm On Jan 24, 2012
i dont see how one's  financial status has anything to do with one's desire to give love and to be loved back in return.
every human being either rich or poor crave love one way or the other so Michelin,i still dont get what you are driving at, i dont gerrit!!
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by MrsChima1(f): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2012
slimyem:

i dont see how one's  financial status has anything to do with one's desire to give love and to be loved back in return.
every human being either rich or poor crave love one way or the other so Michelin,i still dont get what you are driving at, i dont gerrit!!

Me either. I am still confused how rich and poor people can love differently when love in itself is an emotion. They are confusing actions with emotions. Maybe. undecided

jay bee:

Are we going by the book or the relationship journals again?

We are talking about experiences of the common man/woman on a daily basis hence my insistence on the view point of Nigeria.
Just do a basic research on NL to see the number of opened threads whereby Naija dudes have complained about how some if not most of Naija girls they ask out on daily basis have basic minimum requirement of their potential bf's being able to take care of them monetarily

Read this below. Enjoy the cookie. kiss

Mrs, Chima:

I understand your point, however it still doesn't negate the fact that many people who are in it for the love of money will never prosper or be happy.  

It seems though in the Nigerian context, rich means having money whereas, in the States rich means excess of and set for life.  If the guy doesn't have any money and he is with a girl who loves HIM, she wouldn't search for a greener pasture.  But if she in it for the hope of money then of course she will stray.  

There are many couples who are "poor" and not in the States making it work where the government doesn't provide any support at all, but by the grace of God, they are surviving and flourishing.  

Let say the girl leaves her "poor" guy for a "rich" guy and few months down the line the "rich" guy loses everything.  The girl finds out and because she doesn't love the "rich" guy, she moves on to the next "mugu".   What is the difference between the "poor" guy and the "rich" guy?  

Answer: She didn't love neither one of them.  
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by richy5(m): 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2012
be right back
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by jaybee3(m): 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2012
@Q
The OP's grievance is not necessarily clear
Go through the thread again so as to get a feel of how it has evolved
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2012
slimyem:

What I am trying to say is the rich don't take love too seriously, unlike the poor. They have so much to think about that they don't invest all their time and thoughts on love. I'm not saying they are apathic, but they are more moderate when it comes to emotions.

The poor instead: no job, no business. Whatelse if not dying for love all day long?
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by MrsChima1(f): 3:46pm On Jan 24, 2012
jay bee:

@Q
The OP's grievance is not necessarily clear
Go through the thread again so as to get a feel of how it has evolved

I like it when you manhandles me.  wink   I was responding to the comments by chatters.  It seems though many believes rich and poor people loves differently.  That's why I stated how does excess of and lack of money equate to the ability to love someone.  

Slimyem was on point.
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2012
Yeah, the amount someone has in their account can be determinant in their approach to love.

Heard of prenuptial agreement?
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by Mynd44: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2012
@OP, are you poor?
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 25, 2012
I'm neither poor nor rich. tongue Besides woman nor dey poor. It all depends on how good she is at fishing. grin
Re: Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved by Mynd44: 7:40am On Jan 25, 2012
That just means you are not rich

(1) (Reply)

She Need Your Help / To Be Or Not To Be (help Me)! Pllllleeeeeaaaassseee / Ways To Avoid Getting “catfished” (scamed Online)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.