Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,631 members, 7,951,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

Men Who Suffer In Silence - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Who Suffer In Silence (13182 Views)

Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / He Got Me Pregnant And Left Me To Suffer / ‘I Know Four Men Who Have Slept With My Wife’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by ronkebp(f): 4:30pm On Jan 27, 2012
Last page is sooo RIGHT!!!!! despite his long write-up, he has said it exactly as it is.

And that is why am sooo glad for the western countries, any woman that chooses to kill herself ontop man, even as the law is on her side, na her palava be that. More so, the laws are putting all those ''nigerian men'' that see ''abusing'' their wives as an inheritance in soo much check. wink wink wink wink
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by lastpage: 4:41pm On Jan 27, 2012
Sorry, ronke-beepeee! (God forbid, one day we will all have a chat about what our pseudo-names meant or what we had in mind when we chose them! See that one called his own "fork addict"! Another one "Lastpage", even another "harakiri", e.t.c.! LKWMD!!) about my long story! I guess that is now my trademark! cry cry

But the koko is that l take issues seriously 'cos l am aware that someone who reads them might "act on them" and l will be wicked if l write pedestrian, half-truths or ill-conceived things for others to gobble.
That explains why l take pains to explain myself, remain consistent and true to my conscience.

See, e wan begin long again! shocked shocked grin grin grin
Cheers,

Lastpage!
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by ronkebp(f): 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
My ''bp'' SIMPLY MEANS ''BISHOP'', ( the first letter B and the last letter P)

No be you lastpage You sabi talk too am sure, but your write-ups are usually insightful, not that i agree with every of your post, but they make sense.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by lastpage: 4:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
I am sorry "Bishop", me "bad boyz" at times! kiss kiss

Actually l hardly "talk" in real life!
Agreed, l am a ferocious writer and would have made a good journalist or Novelist or columnist if My Parents weren't one of those "so educated" Nigerians! Its either "Engineer, Doctor, Lawyer, Pilot and stuffs like these, that l hear them shove in my head, while growing Up! cry cry

I was also a very good footballer (Some "National Team players" are also my local club colleagues in those days) but "educated" Parents would hear non of that also! Dem come dey halla later when Govt begin dash them houses ad more recent ones began making millions in forex!
We thank God sha, me sef no slack and l no waste them money! wink
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this thread's heading while typing above reply and it caught my attention:

Men who call POLICE on their Wives!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-854947.96.html#msg10059030

I made a comment there and asked a question which everyone here might find interesting enough to also contribute to! grin grin

Cheers.

Lastpage
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2012
lastpage:

Sorry, ronke-beepeee! (God forbid, one day we will all have a chat about what our pseudo-names meant or what we had in mind when we chose them! See that one called his own "fork addict"! Another one "Lastpage", even another "harakiri", e.t.c.! LKWMD!!) about my long story! I guess that is now my trademark! cry cry

But the koko is that l take issues seriously 'cos l am aware that someone who reads them might "act on them" and l will be wicked if l write pedestrian, half-truths or ill-conceived things for others to gobble.
That explains why l take pains to explain myself, remain consistent and true to my conscience.

See, e wan begin long again! shocked shocked grin grin grin
Cheers,

Lastpage!

Because I chose not to explain myself in detail doesn't mean my opinion is "ill-conceived" or "pedestrian". I just don't have the time to or interest in having a sustained argument with you. I am not sure you understand what "abuse" means or how the US justice system really works. Your earlier comments ARE pedestrian and ill-conceived. You just don't know it, yet. I might come back to this later if I get bored. Otherwise, keep spreading your foolishness; it makes the world an easier place to dominate. grin grin grin grin

PS- You would make a HORRIBLE novelist or journalist. Thank God your parents had the common sense to dissuade you.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by lastpage: 6:13pm On Jan 27, 2012
Wait O!
First, l find it very offensive that you talk about my parents like that, you cant and should even talk about me like that, how much less my deceased parents!
WHY?

It was ronkebp that made a comment about my write-Up being lengthy!
@ronkebp: Last page is sooo RIGHT!!!!! despite his long write-up, he has said it exactly as it is.

It was "ronkebp's" comment that l also responded to, where l explained why l take time to explain myself

Sorry, ronke-beepeee! (God forbid, one day we will all have a chat about what our pseudo-names meant or what we had in mind when we chose them! See that one called his own "fork addict"! Another one "Lastpage", even another "harakiri", e.t.c.! LKWMD!!) about my long story! I guess that is now my trademark!
And this discussion was done in a humorous mood with "ronkebp", with smilleys et al!

I never even referred to you as not explaining yourself or the need to further explain yourself in detail!

Now, Moremi2008 SHOW ME WHERE I TRADED ISSUES OF "LONG STORY" WITH YOU P-L-E-A-S-E

IF YOU CANT, l will take it that you goofed and made a mistake.

I am at liberty to respond with insults, and rightly so but since l think you made a mistake, l should not deprive you the opportunity to let you redress that mistake.
The HONORABLE THING to do will be to apologize unreservedly (that is what l, as a dignified person, would do, if l wronged someone mistakenly).

I would await your "dignified response" for this unwarranted attack, especially when it involves insulting my parents!

Thanks,
Lastpage!
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by forkadict(m): 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
Nairaland sha!

Anybody go just open mouth begin dey yap anybody. Na wa o!
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2012
lastpage:

Wait O!
First, l find it very offensive that you talk about my parents like that, you cant and should even talk about me like that, how much less my deceased parents!
WHY?

It was ronkebp that made a comment about my write-Up being lengthy!
It was "ronkebp's" comment that l also responded to, where l explained why l take time to explain myself
And this discussion was done in a humorous mood with "ronkebp", with smilleys et al!

I never even referred to you as not explaining yourself or the need to further explain yourself in detail!

Now, Moremi2008 SHOW ME WHERE I TRADED ISSUES OF "LONG STORY" WITH YOU P-L-E-A-S-E

IF YOU CANT, l will take it that you goofed and made a mistake.

I am at liberty to respond with insults, and rightly so but since l think you made a mistake, l should not deprive you the opportunity to let you redress that mistake.
The HONORABLE THING to do will be to apologize unreservedly (that is what l, as a dignified person, would do, if l wronged someone mistakenly).

I would await your "dignified response" for this unwarranted attack, especially when it involves insulting my parents!

Thanks,
Lastpage!

You must think I care. Hahahahaha! Do whatever you like; just make sure it's entertaining.  grin

PS - The internet is not that important. Stop foaming in the mouth over internet opinions and "insults".
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by lastpage: 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2012
You see, even though the internet is anonymous, it takes an animal, a 'born-throw-way" whose parents dumped in a dustbin at birth, to just wake-up from sleep and start running rabid like a DOG, for no reason, not even a "bad one"!.

I can understand if you get angry because someone insulted you but it takes a really crazy, inbred degenerate like yourself to insult someones parent, without any provocation.

I would not even get that low with a scumbag like you. I have an undergraduate son (as those who know me in real life) and he would not ever open his mouth to insult anyone's parent.
We are very proud of our parents and we obey them, , , , . , .and it shows!

Since as you say, "you dont care", and you refused the opportunity to show "good upbringing" (even anonymously!) you have just announced to everyone that you lack any modicum of dignity! You are worse than a maggot, a poo-maggot!
I am sure you are one of those kids that beat-up their parents.

It will not be surprising if one digs into your background, to find that your upbringing was very defective, maybe you are one of those "dumped babies" (at least l listened to my own parents and you concurred they have sense), SAME CANT BE SAID OF YOU, unfortunately!

By the way, l dont provide entertainment for demented scumbags like yourself, if you need entertainment, your types full Asylum and they would gladly welcome you.

I'll press the "Ignore Button" for a pig like you, we are aeons apart in real life and even on the web!

Surely, "MISTAKES" LIKE YOU is one of the good reasons ABORTION needs to be legalized!
At least the Asylum will be less burdensome on tax payers!

Mtchw, omo-a'le!
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 7:25pm On Jan 27, 2012
lastpage:

You see, even though the internet is anonymous, it takes an animal, a 'born-throw-way" whose parents dumped in a dustbin at birth, to just wake-up from sleep and start running rabid like a DOG, for no reason, not even a "bad one"!.

I can understand if you get angry because someone insulted you but it takes a really crazy, inbred degenerate like yourself to insult someones parent, without any provocation.

I would not even get that low with a scumbag like you. I have an undergraduate son (as those who know me in real life) and he would not ever open his mouth to insult anyone's parent.
We are very proud of our parents and we obey them, ,   ,  ,  . ,  .and it shows!

Since as you say, "you dont care", and you refused the opportunity to show "good upbringing" (even anonymously!) you have just announced to everyone that you lack any modicum of dignity! You are worse than a maggot, a poo-maggot!
I am sure you are one of those kids that beat-up their parents.

It will not be surprising if one digs into your background, to find that your upbringing was very defective, maybe you are one of those "dumped babies" (at least l listened to my own parents and you concurred they have sense), SAME CANT BE SAID OF YOU, unfortunately!

By the way, l dont provide entertainment for demented scumbags like yourself, if you need entertainment, your types full  Asylum and they would gladly welcome you.

I'll press the "Ignore Button" for a pig like you, we are aeons apart in real life and even on the web!

Surely, "MISTAKES" LIKE YOU is one of the good reasons ABORTION needs to be legalized!
At least the Asylum will be less burdensome on tax payers!

Mtchw, omo-a'le!

Granddad has been skipping his meds again!  grin grin grin grin grin grin

For I have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. grin

ps - if you're really as old as you say you are, then I apologize for my cheekiness. But Uncle, you really shouldn't be on the internet duking it out with the young-uns. We'll drag you around like a flimsy rag doll and you'll only aggravate your high blood pressure.  grin

ps 2 - Aunty Nike, I know I deserve a time-out for this one. So soweee,  you can see how he tempted me into sin! Sincerely apologies,  hugs and kisses! xoxo
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by armyofone(m): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
SIGH!!!
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by ronkebp(f): 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
Lastpage don vex, wink wink wink wink wink Please we do not want a display from men ooooo, leave the fights to women grin grin grin

And Moremi, who talk say you dey among the young-un, ooo just because you wear baggy jeans, and pull your pants down so tey we dey see your boxers, and also your pierced ears, you qualify for '' ayoung-un''?? I dey laugh!!! wink wink wink cool cool grin grin

Guys make una pipe low, no fighting ooooo!!! cool cool cool cool
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by double08(m): 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2012
The world is really evolving grin
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by Rimbaldi: 12:55am On Jan 28, 2012
moremi2008:

Wait a minute! Aren't you the one being chased with a cutlass around town by a woman? See English display for no reason!!!! Chei!  grin grin grin

What would I do? What happened to the police? How about bribing a few area boys to teach her a lesson? Your problem isn't even remotely challenging or interesting. A secondary school boy with an average IQ would be able to solve it. Abeg comot jor and go grow yourself some balls!

You know what? You are absolutely right. I am sure you would also find "Ade Goes to School" educative and life-changing. I would be Einstein if everybody in the world was like you.  grin grin grin grin

See MUMU dey talk! Na only u get access to area boys abi? and police? for nigeria? because u no know say violence begets more violence until someone ends up dead! Okpomu dey talk. Do you think I'm talking about all those ur ewa agonyin girls wey u dey corner? Na ur type akata dey take do mince-meat, bu the time u finish for jail comot, ur rear side would be like kuwaiti oil well! Common gerrrrroooout my friend! After letting off steam on the cyberspace, go carry ur eleja girlfriend mama lingerie wash or betterstill, Self-Service. off it!  And just in case u havent noticed, nobody needs u here since u havent made any sensible contribution and  tongue tongue tongue dont even bother replying.
Mscheeewwww! EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeedddiot!

@lastpage
I dont even know why u even try to engage a lost cause  like moremi who obviously isnt versed in any of life's affairs. If hin come internet, hin p.r.i.c.k go stand, but for real life na sissy.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 2:24am On Jan 28, 2012
Rimbaldi:

See MUMU dey talk! Na only u get access to area boys abi? and police? for nigeria? because u no know say violence begets more violence until someone ends up dead! Okpomu dey talk. Do you think I'm talking about all those ur ewa agonyin girls wey u dey corner? Na ur type akata dey take do mince-meat, bu the time u finish for jail comot, ur rear side would be like kuwaiti oil well! Common gerrrrroooout my friend! After letting off steam on the cyberspace, go carry ur eleja girlfriend mama lingerie wash or betterstill, Self-Service. off it!  And just in case u havent noticed, nobody needs u here since u havent made any sensible contribution and  tongue tongue tongue dont even bother replying.
Mscheeewwww! EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeedddiot!

@lastpage
I dont even know why u even try to engage a lost cause  like moremi who obviously isnt versed in any of life's affairs. If hin come internet, hin p.r.i.c.k go stand, but for real life na sissy.

Go in peace, you harrassed and molested one! I just got back from church. No e-fighting tonight. grin. I pray the good Lord grants you peace and salvation from the clutches of the wicked women chasing you around town.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by armyofone(m): 5:08am On Jan 28, 2012
Jaguda without border
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by freecocoa(f): 6:56am On Jan 28, 2012
Mscheeew,the fights here and those in the romance section,I no know which one worse pass. Moremi you too like wahala.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 7:03am On Jan 28, 2012
ronkebp:

Lastpage don vex, wink wink wink wink wink Please we do not want a display from men ooooo, leave the fights to women grin grin grin

And Moremi, who talk say you dey among the young-un, ooo just because you wear baggy jeans, and pull your pants down so tey we dey see your boxers, and also your pierced ears, you qualify for '' ayoung-un''?? I dey laugh!!! wink wink wink cool cool grin grin

Guys make una pipe low, no fighting ooooo!!! cool cool cool cool

Next to Lastpage, I am a mere infant still feasting on cerelac and babena! The grandfather has a child in the unifarsity! Chei!!!!  grin grin grin grin

God knows if I catch my mother on Nairaland, I will seize her laptops, blackberries, her iPhone and her iPad! No technology for her until she goes to report herself to the Bishop and comes back with a signed letter of penitence! After dat, I will install Net Nanny on everything!  grin grin grin

armyofone:

Jaguda without border

Haterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! grin
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 7:08am On Jan 28, 2012
freecocoa:

Mscheeew,the fights here and those in the romance section,I no know which one worse pass. Moremi you too like wahala.

That's why I generally avoid the romance section. I would get pissed off by the garden-variety foolishness displayed on there EVERY day and that is not good for my New Year's resolution.  grin grin grin grin
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by Chivee(f): 7:50am On Jan 28, 2012
I quite agree wf jay bee, Think it has more to do "Emotional Abuse". I've been a victim of that ones. It's unreasonable to view it at face value. Not many women are physically stronger than their man.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by lastpage: 8:11am On Jan 28, 2012
@Rimbaldi
@lastpage
I dont even know why u even try to engage a lost cause like moremi who obviously isnt versed in any of life's affairs. If hin come internet, hin p.r.i.c.k go stand, but for real life na sissy.
Thanks man, l thought l was dealing with a matured person, someone with a little dignity.

Except that l forgot that the internet is replete with his kind, uncouth, foul-mouthed, God-forsaken cretins who should have been aborted at 12weeks and flushed down the soak-away!
How can a boy who does not respect his wretched father, respect other peeps father? Na yams?

Anyway, I have this [size=18pt]BIG, RED IGNORE BUTTON[/size] that is doing a wonderful job right now! wink wink grin

Cheers
Lastpage!
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 8:23am On Jan 28, 2012
lastpage:

@Rimbaldi[/b]Thanks man, l thought l was dealing with a matured person, someone with a little dignity.

[b]Except that l forgot that the internet is replete with his kind, uncouth, foul-mouthed, God-forsaken cretins who should have been aborted at 12weeks and flushed down the soak-away!

How can a boy who does not respect his wretched father, respect other peeps father? Na yams?

Anyway, I have this [size=18pt]BIG, RED IGNORE BUTTON[/size] that is doing a wonderful job right now! wink wink grin

Cheers
Lastpage!

Old ancient man, where is YOUR own dignity? grin grin grin grin grin

You're lucky you're an old man. Go in peace! May the good Lord grant you wisdom so you can catch-up with the rest of your mates in the nursing home!
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by deniyor: 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2012
The downside with free internet is you get fools and troublemakers like moremi contributing. sad sad
Just best to ignore him rather than trade words.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2012
deniyor:

The downside with free internet is you get fools and troublemakers like moremi contributing.  sad sad
Just best to ignore him rather than trade words.

I pay for my Internet in cold hard $$$ for the highest bandwidth I can get. Everything I do is premium, baby! The question is, who is providing YOU with free internet service and what have you contributed lately? I look around and all I see are oxygen-deprived parrots squealing for corn seeds, in the exact words of their stewpid owners!

I have generally tried to hold myself back from unleashing the full strength of my wrath on Lastpage because of his age, but the old man no go gree; coming back again and again to serve up his lukewarm broth of errant foolishness; hoping to impress me with his area-boy curses. Well, I am not impressed. He needs to go back to his dingy bat, regroup and come back harder. He who wants to fight better men than he must approach with superior weapons;and the weapons of our warfare are purely neural.

Last page is full of a terrible mash of illogical fears he masquerades as ideas and presents on here. I have every right to call him out on his illogical arguments and tease-out the dark recesses of his severely under-educated mind for all to see. If this upsets you, then guess what? Go up the tallest building in your village, mount the winds, shake out your moldy, tattered agbada and fcking fly! I have ZERO concern for the welfare or emotional frailty of idiots. Nairaland isn't a charity house for impoverished minds and low IQs. Now. pfftt!!!! Don't let me see you speak without being spoken to first again! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by deniyor: 3:43am On Jan 29, 2012
moremi2008:

I pay for my Internet in cold hard $$$ for the highest bandwidth I can get. Everything I do is premium, baby! The question is, who is providing YOU with free internet service and what have you contributed lately? I look around and all I see are oxygen-deprived parrots squealing for corn seeds, in the exact words of their stewpid owners!

I have generally tried to hold myself back from unleashing the full strength of my wrath on Lastpage because of his age, but the old man no go gree; coming back again and again to serve up his lukewarm broth of errant foolishness; hoping to impress me with his area-boy curses. Well, I am not impressed. He needs to go back to his dingy bat, regroup and come back harder. He who wants to fight better men than he must approach with superior weapons;and the weapons of our warfare are purely neural.

Last page is full of a terrible mash of illogical fears he masquerades as ideas and presents on here. I have every right to call him out on his illogical arguments and tease-out the dark recesses of his severely under-educated mind for all to see. If this upsets you, then guess what? Go up the tallest building in your village, mount the winds, shake out your moldy, tattered agbada and fcking fly! I have ZERO concern for the welfare or emotional frailty of idiots. Nairaland isn't a charity house for impoverished minds and low IQs. Now. pfftt!!!! Don't let me see you speak without being spoken to first again! grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin I apologise for calling you a fool and a troublemaker.
In retrospect, I realise that's an insult to fools and troublemakers.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by moremi2008(m): 4:17am On Jan 29, 2012
deniyor:

grin grin grin grin grin grin I apologise for calling you a fool and a troublemaker.
In retrospect, I realise that's an insult to fools and troublemakers.

Stop blaming me for your poverty. grin I guess your shift is over. You must be tired, exhausted and frustrated after a long day of driving taxis.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by saigon1: 7:07am On Jan 29, 2012
[b]Woe to the man dat has a violent and cantankerous woman who knows he's a gentleman and will never argue wit her or hit her. Endless Slaps, punches, scratches, lockouts, curfews, conditioning, tongue lashing and embarrassment will be ur portion.

Woe to the man who has this kind of woman and loses his job or doesn't make good money. You will 4eva be taunted, ridiculed and psychologically and emotionally tormented.

Even greater woe to the man who pretends he's a strong man and can handle all the abuse because when ur heart can't take no more, you'll cross the bridge to the land of the dead. Run 4 ur life while u can cos u just can't win. Can u catch breeze? or can u grip oil?

Eva notice that some women keep testing ur resolve, sometyms even tellin u they just want to see wat u're like when you are angry? Fair game. But if she keeps pushing dose limits beyond a certain point, u better run 4 your life cos u'll either kill someone or die urself! Abuse never gets better whether for a man or a woman.

Even the bible advises you to run.
Proverbs 21:9 It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.
Proverbs 21:19 It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered woman.
Proverbs 25:24 It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.
Proverbs 27:15-16 A continual dripping on a rainy day and a quarrelsome wife are alike; to restrain her is to restrain the wind or to grasp oil in one's right hand.
If after seeing all these warnings u decide to stay and act macho, den i guess u deserve wat u get. Who no wan wise na him know,

Personally, i hope and pray I find a good woman when the time comes because I no get power[/b]

God bless you for this advise.
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by emmatok(m): 12:46pm On Jan 29, 2012
Man needs surgery after beatings by girlfriend

This is the first picture of 5ft 1in Michelle Williamson, who beat her businessman boyfriend so severely that he almost lost his arm and will need cosmetic surgery to heal his horrific scars.

Ian McNicholl, 49, from Hull, suffered two years of abuse at the hands of his girlfriend, including one attack where she sprayed bleach in his eyes.

He also suffered fractures to his skull, cheekbones, and nose, three cracked ribs and horrific burns on his arm from an iron at the hands of his ex-girlfriend.

Williamson, who is now serving a seven-year jail sentence for causing grievous bodily harm, also lit cigarettes and shoved them up her partner’s nose after falsely accusing him of having an affair.

On one occasion, she also poured two kettles full of boiling water over him – and even attacked him with a vacuum cleaner.

Ian, who is now preparing for the surgery said, “It was between Christmas and New Year (in 2006) when she first accused me of having an affair with one of her friends.

“This was the first time she lashed out.

“She punched me in the face and I had a black eye.”

Williamson begged him for forgiveness, saying it was just a one-off and soon moved into his flat in Grimsby.

However a few weeks later she launched another attack with the vacuum cleaner.

Ian recalled, “She began ranting and raving about previous partners of mine.

“Then, all of a sudden, she switched the vacuum cleaner off, grabbed the nozzle and whacked me across the face with it. I could feel my cheek split.”

This was the first of many outbursts of domestic violence from the then 34-year-old and the attacks got progressively worse.

His worst ordeal came when Williamson poured a kettle full of boiling water into his lap and, while he was screaming in agony, she reboiled the kettle and poured it over him again.

He continued, ‘She would show off my injuries to her friends.

“I felt as though I couldn’t walk away, because she told me she had family who were involved in organised crime that would kill me if I left her. I felt I was trading with my life.

“I was brought up well and taught never to hit a woman – and I didn’t lay a finger on her.”

The night before Williamson’s arrest, McNicholl endured an attack that lasted almost seven hours, where he was beaten with a metal bar and his body smashed in places with a claw hammer.

An anonymous phone call tipped off the police, who took him to Hull Royal Infirmary and arrested Williamson.

Although the violence had come to an end, McNicholl didn’t realise the aftermath would be just as bad.

He woke up the following day to find himself in a night shelter for the homeless, wearing his blood-stained clothes from the day before.

He said, “Michelle had taken control of my finances and run up lots of debt. I didn’t have any money and didn’t know where to go or what to do.

“I was petrified walking the streets of Hull, as I was paranoid her brothers were going to come and kill me. As it turns out, they didn’t exist, but I didn’t know that at the time.”

After a phone call to the Salvation Army, he was given accommodation at William Booth Life House, where he stayed for 18 months, and he received psychological help and support from The Men’s Helpline.

Now, McNicholl has dedicated his life to helping the homeless – being appointed vice-chairman of Hull’s Homelessness Focus Group.

He added, “I can completely understand why some men will feel embarrassed speaking out – men generally don’t like talking about their feelings.

“But the bigger issue is that lots of men don’t know where to go for help and there’s a lot of gender bias. The massive problem is that men are not seen as victims.

“We need a gender neutral awareness campaign, or even a male-specific one.”

Despite his experience, Ian isn’t put off having a relationship again.

“It’s going to be difficult when I meet someone who doesn’t know what I’ve been through,” said Ian.

“They will no doubt ask about my scars, and I’m not going to lie. My fear is that they will wonder what I did to deserve it.”

Culled from Dailymail.co.uk

http://www.punchng.com/news/man-needs-surgery-after-beatings-by-girlfriend/
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2012
[b]No sexx has a monopoly of violence.
There are violent women and there are violent men.
It is just that the men that suffer domestic violence tend to be quiet about it for fear fo being laughed at and labelled a wimp.
A lot of men are in relationships where they have to endure verbal and physical abuse from very violent women but they do not talk about it,on the contrary domestic violence against women recieves more coverage because women are not afraid to go public about their ordeals.
A friend of mine was once  married to a police woman who subjected him to the most brutal physical violence and verbal abuse through out the marriage.If the poor man as much as talked to a member of the opposite sexx he was in for verbal and physical abuse when he got home.On one occasion this woman handcuffed my friend to herself and threatened to detonate a canister of tear gas-all in an enclosed space!
Most of these violent women display a gentle mien when they are entering your house,but immediately they get in,they become violent terrors to their husbands/partners.[/b]
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by bigbumper(f): 2:55am On Jan 30, 2012
Slowly backs out of this miso-ogini-esque thread in full session, and I can see every member is present except Pro01 cool
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 30, 2012
@last page

I Comot my hat for you. I've always known you must have gone through life experiences to be blessed with this kind of wisdom.Only a few single men can go as deep as you go sometimes. God bless you and your kids
Re: Men Who Suffer In Silence by lastpage: 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2012
Thanks "Jennykandry", (unfortunately we do disagree on a few things! wink ). I guess that is the whole idea behind a "healthy discussion": Agree to disagree!

I quite agree, "experience about life" generally comes as you mature in life. You see a lot, hear a lot and read a lot.

Cheers,

Lastpage!

@deniyor:
I am generous to lend you my[b] BIG, RED IGNORE BUTTON[/b], l think you might need it as well wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banker Accuses Father-in-law Of Abducting, Renaming Son (pics) / Married Men Only-how Do You Cope Without Sex / Is It Right To Have A Favourite Child As A Parent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.