Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,533 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:45 PM

They Have Not Rejected You:they Have Rejected Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / They Have Not Rejected You:they Have Rejected Me (571 Views)

Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" / A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note / ‘dad Rejected Me, Pastor Adeboye Blessed Me. He’s Now My Father’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Have Not Rejected You:they Have Rejected Me by felixedet(m): 6:00pm On Jan 25, 2012
They have not rejected you; it is me they have rejected. God told Samuel in 1st Samuel 8:7 when he was still in grief about the choice of the Israelite demanding for a king to be appointed for them by the Judge Samuel as he was growing older by years and with no responsible fellow in sight to take over the mantle of leadership and judge the people after the eventual demise of Samuel.

That was not the original plan God has for them as a people, they lured Samuel to appoint them a King therefore renouncing God as their ultimate King and Ruler.

This was another stab at the back by the people against their Lord and God. God responded by telling Samuel to yield to their desire.

Saul: a Benjamite was appointed as the first King of Israel to the delight of all the people. They accepted the King to be Lord over them, to have dominion and authority over, they were simply trying to filled the void that usually exist whenever there is no one in a position of authority within a group of people or society.

Saul was befitting of a King. Tall and the people were proud of their new king against the plan of God. The antecedent of King Saul shows clearly that the people's choice for an earthly King in place of God as their ruler was an error, but was they aware of this flaw?

Not at all, much the same way as we have it now in our modern society where people will choose to lay blame on something else rather than face reality by standing up for the truth.

Saul's blunder was not his own making; he was simply sitting on a throne that came to him unexpectedly.

David: David on the other hand was carefully chosen by God himself after the failure of King Saul's reign and the subsequent disobedient to the instruction given to him by God through his prophet and messenger Samuel.

The nation fare better under the ruler ship and leadership of King David. David took the Kingdom to a peak that references are still being made today regarding his reign and antecedents.

Solomon: He too continued from where his father stop and during his reign Israel witness unprecedented growth and expansion much to the surprise of surrounding nations.

During his time Israel new peace for the first time in their life there was no war for almost forty year. Wow, what a miracle. That was simply the hand work of God. And it clearly demonstrates the difference between those chosen by God and those people desire.

The Fall of Monarchy in Israel, The kingdom was divided after the death of Solomon and the Northern kingdom was rule by Jeroboam: In his time Israel went into idolatry with new vigor and enthusiasm.

Cultism multiplies and the people went astray to worshiping Gods their fore fathers knew not. Idolatry multiplied in the land and Judah though still continuing in the mosaic tradition and culture soon join their Northern brothers to infiltrate their ranks with idol worship and the practice of sorcery, magic, witchcraft and every manner of demon-ism.

The lesson in all this is the fact that, man being a creation of God can not possibly live his life outside God ordained precept and guidelines. Failure to adhere to this principle is the beginning of a downfall.

God is a patient God, his all knowing knowledge is the reason he is not bothered about what is going around us, he is in charge and he sees and knows about everything.

He is our Ebenezer and the source of our joy, the reason for living and the greatest inspiration any one can ever hope for. God is always near.

(1) (Reply)

“Our Theologians Believe Like This!” / Exhorting One Another / Please Say This Prayer Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.