Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,366 members, 7,888,185 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:12 PM

Yellow Fever Syndrome: Why Do You Bleach?! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yellow Fever Syndrome: Why Do You Bleach?! (1261 Views)

Ladies Why Do You Bleach, Did Guys Prefer Light Skinned Girls? / If You Bleach, Don't View This / Why Would A Guy BLEACH ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yellow Fever Syndrome: Why Do You Bleach?! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 25, 2012
You might say this issue does not concern me but really it does. I find it distressing the rate and frequency with which our women are trying to alter their natural complexions. The result?- a sickening combination of colours leading to what can be described as irritating pigmentation. I gather that these females do so in order to attract members of the opposite sex. Ladies please note- it is a turn off when a man sees a woman whose face has like five different colours, fingers different colours, toes different colours, ankle colour doesnt match the rest of the legs. Its reminiscent of a peacock and no human being wants to be with a peacock, well- except maybe Mr.Cork. So please if you bleach or hope to bleach have a rethink, thanks in advance.
Re: Yellow Fever Syndrome: Why Do You Bleach?! by 9jagirl4re(f): 3:59am On Jan 26, 2012
Nigerian women top concern was to brighten or whiten the skin. Not even treat wrinkles or acne. I am naturally light and preach to women that expressed a desire to be my color that all shades are beautiful and what you want to do is even out your skin tone, not change it to a different hue. I found that the women in 30's and early 40's are very happy with with skin color an only want to treat it late 40's 50's 60's hey they will bleach until they destroy the skin cells changing bleaching creams when the skin becomes immune. In the end they damage and look awful. Media is responsible for some but self hatred is another. Feeling that the natural you is not enough. I am happy that Clear Essence is really promoting dark brown complexions in the new marketing campaigns and they have amazing olive oil and carrot oil soap, they talk about skincare in blogs and speak out against misuse of lightening products.
Re: Yellow Fever Syndrome: Why Do You Bleach?! by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 26, 2012
The irony is they want to LOOK better and end up doing the very things that worsens their skin. It's just nauseating when you look at a woman and you know straight away that she's attempted to alter her natural pigmentation. And some have the nerve to wear sleeveless dresses and I'm like WTF!!! If you feel the need to lighten up(no pun intended) at least do it right. I know that Beyonce used to be darker than she is now and if you didnt know her earlier there is no way you could tell that she toned her skin.
Re: Yellow Fever Syndrome: Why Do You Bleach?! by pinkydaisy(f): 9:36am On Jan 27, 2012
There is this ''shouty'' sort of attention light skinned women get at first glance,,,,,,,,people, guys expecially would want to say such ladies were really attractive but at a closer glance, you'll find that many of them especially the not naturally light skinned ones are just not it at all.

Most men naturally gravitate towards sparkly ladies.

Me i just feel they are attention seekers and bleaching is just dirty undecided.
Re: Yellow Fever Syndrome: Why Do You Bleach?! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2012
pinkydaisy:
Most men naturally gravitate towards sparkly ladies.

Me i just feel they are attention seekers
I kinda agree with this.

(1) (Reply)

I Dream We Were Kissing / Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? / Choose Only One!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.