Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,605 members, 7,968,763 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:27 PM

Help Me Choose A Modem Pls. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me Choose A Modem Pls. (1369 Views)

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / I Want To Buy Usb Modem Pls Advice, Glo Modem Or 4 In 1 usb modem ? / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose A Modem Pls. by Digriz(m): 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
I hv used about 4 different modems within 2yrs and am fade up wt all ths modems,.my first universal modem just hit a wall while it was plugged in my laptop and then it broked.the second one was a universal one again bt a different manufacturer,i didnt used it up to 2months wen it started disconnecting each time i plugged it in. To cut all the story short,i nw wnt to buy another modem bt wld like u guys to advice me on the best modem to buy.
Should i buy any of the network providers modem and unlock it? And whch type of modem shuld i buy that wl satisfy me? Glo or mtn fastlink? I knw they mostly use hauwei and whch type do u think is the best among the E-series of the hauwei modem.
Re: Help Me Choose A Modem Pls. by folafola(m): 10:35pm On Jan 25, 2012
my candid advise, never go for a universal modem most are bunch of crap. you can go for MTN zte modem and get it unlocked so it could work with any other network available in your area, though some people do get issue with the unlocking but it is a child's play when i handle it.
Re: Help Me Choose A Modem Pls. by Digriz(m): 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2012
folafola:

my candid advise, never go for a universal modem most are bunch of crap. you can go for MTN zte modem and get it unlocked so it could work with any other network available in your area, though some people do get issue with the unlocking but it is a child's play when i handle it.
tnks a lot.
Re: Help Me Choose A Modem Pls. by inze(m): 7:23am On Jan 28, 2012
Digriz:

I hv used about 4 different modems within 2yrs and am fade up wt all ths modems,.my first universal modem just hit a wall while it was plugged in my laptop and then it broked.the second one was a universal one again bt a different manufacturer,i didnt used it up to 2months wen it started disconnecting each time i plugged it in. To cut all the story short,i nw wnt to buy another modem bt wld like u guys to advice me on the best modem to buy.
Should i buy any of the network providers modem and unlock it? And whch type of modem shuld i buy that wl satisfy me? Glo or mtn fastlink? I knw they mostly use hauwei and whch type do u think is the best among the E-series of the hauwei modem.

Get a Glo modem, Its 500bucks cheaper than its rival, emptyhen. Get it unlocked, i've heard of issues with unlocked mtn modems no being able to accept glo sim, but the case is different in the case of Glo modem cos that is what am using, unlocked to all networks ofcourse except cdma . . .
Re: Help Me Choose A Modem Pls. by geniusng(m): 1:09am On Jan 29, 2012
Guy try SWIFT 4G BROAD BAND

It is very fast and pocket friendly. Let me know if you want to buy

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Powers Of Your Mouse / HP Omen Gaming Laptop Core I7 Ram 8 Gb 256 Gb US Used Like New For Sale / lenovo I3. 60000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.