Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,738 members, 7,918,286 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:44 AM

6 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Run Faster - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Run Faster (25377 Views)

What Are The Top Five Most Useful Apps On Your Smartphone? / Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do / 10 Ways To Make Your Android Phone Run Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Run Faster by charlsecy4(m): 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2012
It pisses anyone off to see their smartphone load so slowly that they could get in the bathroom, do their bath and come out, and their phone is still loading to start the activated application! I bet you know that's an exaggeration, but at least you got the gist.

In this post, I will highlight some actions you could take to minimize the incidence of your smartphone loading so slowly or crashing. Here are 6 tips to help speed up your phone!

Install Only Compatible and Trusted Applications: Not all applications are compatible with your smartphone. Check the devices and the models the application supports. Some phones can actually warn you that the application you want to install is not compatible. If you installed an application that is not fully compatible with your phone, you may experience the following:

Some features of the applications are not working
The application cannot be uninstalled and would require formatting to be removed
The application almost always causes the phone to freeze
The application does not run

Install applications only from trusted sources.

Shut Down No-longer-needed Applications
: This is corollary to avoid over-multitasking. Many of us, maybe due to ignorance, run multiple applications in the background. After using an application, make sure you exit it. In some phones such as Nokia , you could exit an application by pressing the exit button or the red button. This applies to most other phones. If you open an application and then press, for example, the Menu button, the application will go out of view, but will still be running in the background thereby eating into the processor power. To view the applications that are running in the background, long-press the Menu key, a notification box will reveal them. To turn off each one of them, navigate to the application using the direction keys and then press the (c) or (<wink button. A prompt will appear, asking if to exit the application. Choose "Yes".

Note that you cannot deactivate the Standby and/or Home application.

Protect Your Smartphone With Antivirus: True, viruses and malware targeted at smartphones are few compared with those of a regular PC. However, it is in order to protect your smartphone with applications such as F-Secure, AVG, NetQin Mobile Guard. Most of them are premium products. I love NetQin because it is free. Use only one antivirus or malware-protection application at a time. Do not install two or more!

Avoid Animated Wallpapers and Screensavers: They look beautiful, but you should know they are also a drain on battery and processing power.

Avoid Having Too Many Email and Text Messages: I was going through my close friend's Nokia C6-00, I was surprised to see his inbox message to be as many as 286! I told him most of the messages were no longer relevant, yet he still kept them. You should try saving your SMS and email messages to your mass memory, not your phone memory. You should delete irrelevant messages. You can also erase your messages after safely backing them up elsewhere.

Remove Unneeded Applications: Your phone may come with some applications. You can consider uninstalling the ones you don't use.

Source: http://www.mobiletechnologybits..com/2012/10/6-ways-to-make-your-smartphone-run.html
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Run Faster by hakunajay(m): 5:41am On Jan 27, 2012
¤¤Make i go take watermelon¤¤
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Run Faster by charlsecy4(m): 9:14pm On May 20, 2012
hakunajay: ¤¤Make i go take watermelon¤¤

This is not my house, be careful!
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Run Faster by adoptop70: 12:19am On May 05, 2013
hakunajay: ¤¤Make i go take watermelon¤¤
this guy u're something else,wat watermelon got to do with this vital information.
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Run Faster by hakunajay(m): 4:11am On May 05, 2013
adoptop70:
this guy u're something else,wat watermelon got to do with this vital information.

Its a personal thang between the OP and i bro. Dont go poking your nose in things you know nothing about.
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Run Faster by Shadedtee: 1:08am On Mar 23, 2017
Trust my itel S31 not to hang like that. My phone is cool like that
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Run Faster by saxby(f): 1:34am On Mar 23, 2017
Good information lemme come and maximize the use of my Tecno c8

(1) (Reply)

Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone / Apple Unveils Iphone 7 (Features in PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.