Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,841 members, 7,930,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 11:47 AM

Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit (13819 Views)

EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds / President Buhari Arrives Addis Ababa For The 26th Summit Of AU / Buhari Arriving At The Waterkloof Airforce Base For AU Summit (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by amanze15(m): 10:35pm On Jan 27, 2012
obama goes wit his cadalac beast n 500 secret service men no mata how small d country, jona n him babe try na
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by occam(m): 10:40pm On Jan 27, 2012
4everGod1:

Someone should sit down and compute what this one trip with 57 aides would cost Nigeria. This is our money (You and I) yet some oaf is smiling while picking his teeth with a gucci tootpick and drinking Miu Miu water while washing it down with balenciaga dessert.

N950 million has been allocated for international travel in the 2012 budget. hope this helps.  oh yes! additional N 700 million for local travel

Sadly, the stupid House will pass the budget. why? they have to get there grubby fingers on the N150 billion set aside for them
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by rocboi90: 10:41pm On Jan 27, 2012
How typical,tax payers monies being utilised for all the wrong purposes!.when is this ever going to end,funny that despite all the complaints about the government's wastages.
32 aides,for heavens sakes what does she need them for?.
They need to stop all these wastage
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by olapluto(m): 10:41pm On Jan 27, 2012
dmainboss:

Most of you are so ignorant and pathetic, I feel sorry for Nigeria. Do you even know what an AU summit entails? Have you ever attended any international conference? You think the other countries are going to come with less number of participants? I didn't know many Nigerians were this daft. You just come to a forum, real 2 lines of statements, and start doing the animal farm bleep. The last west african conference I attended had about 12 Nigerians attending. And we were not even high profile people. You think an AU summit is a jamboree? That Nigeria is having issues does not mean events like AU summit should not hold and everything should come to an end. And to say the presidents wife should not represent Nigeria in an event is not only stu.p.I'd but a show of bigotry. What does it matter if her english is bad? Does the president of wives of president of most europian countries speak good english? Some of you are so full of inferiority complex. Who says she has to speak good english? This is the reason oyibos call us monkeys. Pathetic
I have to reply you!
Firstly, the Nigerian constitution does not recognise the office of the first lady, hence Nigerian money should really never be used to fund her in any capacity. Furthermore, you seem to get confused as per aide and actual participant. I am not ready to google, but I can bet that the number of aide the British PM took to the recently concluded EU summit is less than 32. What do you need 32 aides for? An aide is not supposed to think for you!
Also, the meetings of presidents wives in EU summits like this is really just a jamboree. They are not involved in any decision making process. They are just there on official tags to keep the presidents amused.
Having said all that, you now need to see why this is unacceptable. The president made a national announcement (now I consider it national lie) to cut down on foreign trips. Now his wife has taken 32. That is a slap on all Nigerians who took the president serious in his speech.
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by najoke: 10:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
I saw BEAF there!

^
why am i not surprise grin grin grin grin

4everGod1:

These creepy crawlies called GEJ and his Dame would be staying in the best hotels and so would their aides. The would spend money lavishly without any apology to anyone nor would they even remotely consider accounting for it.
What beats my imagination is that some persons,  e.g Beaf, would want to justify any and every move of the Govt.

Na today,,,,,,,,i bet u he is on another thread defending his slowpoke president jonagoat
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by Yeske2(m): 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2012
No need computing,  the two creepy b.astards wouldn't understand your final figures.
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by occam(m): 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2012
dmainboss:

Most of you are so ignorant and pathetic, I feel sorry for Nigeria. Do you even know what an AU summit entails? Have you ever attended any international conference? You think the other countries are going to come with less number of participants? I didn't know many Nigerians were this daft. You just come to a forum, real 2 lines of statements, and start doing the animal farm bleep. The last west african conference I attended had about 12 Nigerians attending. And we were not even high profile people. You think an AU summit is a jamboree? That Nigeria is having issues does not mean events like AU summit should not hold and everything should come to an end. And to say the presidents wife should not represent Nigeria in an event is not only stu.p.I'd but a show of bigotry. What does it matter if her english is bad? Does the president of wives of president of most europian countries speak good english? Some of you are so full of inferiority complex. Who says she has to speak good english? This is the reason oyibos call us monkeys. Pathetic

The AU summit is indeed a jamboree, because at the end they'll simply issue a meaningless communique

And the other business is to affirm their allegiance to Qaddafi, good news: that won't happen this year
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by dmainboss: 10:49pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ola_pluto you tried to make sense but goofed along the way. Did anybody tell you a verification was done to ascertain those who were aides and those who were participants? Or you just rely on a junk article from an armchair journalist and you base your rant on it? Do you no how many security detail a president or members of the family go with anywhere in the world? Do you know the security threats they face daily? Obama travels with an entourage of over 300 people anytime he goes abroad and that excludes his advance party. Please read and learn and don't just follow the ignorant and bigot mob
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by cj1080(m): 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
Is security in A B so bad that she had to go with 32 aides. Was there any death threat made to her person or her office. Or are they all security operative.
Know our governments ability to be wasteful,most of those aides are proported advisers.

Question is Why did she take 32 aides when the standard norm is 10 to 15 including security operative and even that is coordinated and taken care of by the host nation.
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by dmainboss: 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
^^^Again you fail to use google though it is free. Where ve you ever seen a country commit the security of the first family in the hands of the host country. Why can't you guys learn to read? And who told u the 32 people are all security personel. In an international entourage, you have a cook, translators, protocol personnel, medical personel, and many more. You ve no clue at all. You just read a st.u.pid story from saharareporters and u come running ur fingers. A presidential entourage is a serious business. And for ur education, first families all over the world receive constant threats daily. Even in very peaceful countries.
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by assetstrap(m): 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Dmainboss u r trying to defend the indefensible!!!! Haba 32 aides 4 d presido's wife, especially after jonathans speech to cut down on travelling aides drastically. This is not a slap in d face its a punch!!
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by klas(m): 11:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
Protocol, secretaries, security and other support staff are not counted as delegation in diplomatic circle. Those are the responsibility of the sending state. The host caters for accredited official delegation. If as reported, the president has a delegation of 25 and first lady has 32, something doesn't add up.  US president that travels with large entourage (not counting security and support staff) usually goes with largely private sector moguls to further American economic interest not aides.
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by kizito96(m): 11:44pm On Jan 27, 2012
This Ijaw fisher man and his wife are deaf, they do not want to learn
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by dmainboss: 11:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
@assetstrap Defend what? There is nothing to defend there. I am only correcting ur ignorance. As much as I do not subscribe to waste by any government, u should know whenit is waste and when it is normal. 32 people or like someone corrected, 57 people in the president's entourage is perfectly normal. From 100 could be questioned. especially when it is an African conference. You forget that the presidents and head of countries are more of ceremonial heads in these meetings. Their presence is to give credibility and weight to the issues. The real ground work is done by members of his team. There is absolutely nothing to defend here. The only reason it sounds bad is because some of you guys are trying to make it look that way
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by antartica(m): 11:47pm On Jan 27, 2012
dmainboss:

It is a conference of toothless bulldogs where african kleptocrats go to lavish poor africans resources.At this point in time the ethiopian government is forcefully driving out natives from their arable lands and selling them to oyinbos for the development of synthetic biology and biofuel.And same autocratic government is hosting african leaders.

They are all retarded bandits.
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by Exponental(m): 12:03am On Jan 28, 2012
why complain, on Dec 1st, 2011, world AIDS, day she said
"we all have AIDS, some are negative, while some are positive"
soooo, does it matter if she has 32 AIDS!
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by VolvoS60(m): 12:40am On Jan 28, 2012
dmainboss:

@assetstrap Defend what? There is nothing to defend there. I am only correcting ur ignorance. As much as I do not subscribe to waste by any government, u should know whenit is waste and when it is normal. 32 people or like someone corrected, 57 people in the president's entourage is perfectly normal. From 100 could be questioned. especially when it is an African conference. You forget that the presidents and head of countries are more of ceremonial heads in these meetings. Their presence is to give credibility and weight to the issues. The real ground work is done by members of his team. There is absolutely nothing to defend here. The only reason it sounds bad is because some of you guys are trying to make it look that way

You are so full of 'it', its leaking out of your ears. . .
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by lightheart(m): 12:53am On Jan 28, 2012
Madam's teeth must complete oo. 32 abi
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 28, 2012
iv4fb:

@kingoflag, now she has gone with '32' people. Please do me a favour. Go ahead and do your worst. Stop spilling junks on d pages of the internet. Take placards to Aso rock.  No offence intended, if the story be true, she's representing a country here, not a state nor a company. I've seen CEO's attend meetings with 12 to 15 people. Ever wonder the number of staff in a governors entourage? Drivers,private  security, road safety folks, police? I'm sorry if you feel insulted and don't get me wrong either. I do not appreciate such number of folks except when necessary, yet let's learn to attack issues and not people.

Dont get me wrong either, Im sorry if you feel insulted but you sound like a freaking dummy! Infact, youre clearly a mo>ron!

Idi*ot, she insults me throughout the post then tells me not to feel insulted. I think youre fuc^king crazy!

Freaking products of an unjust and broken society. They dont even know when theyre being violently ra*ped by the Govt that is supposed to serve and protect them!!!

Aso Rock?! Wetin concern me and Aso Rock? Na me got to live with 2hr of electricity a day? Or na me no get adequate health care? If I feel threatened by a robber I dial 911, within 10mins cops go show. Even if I get shot by the Robber, theres a very strong possibility that justice will be served and the robber will be punished; I'll also be treated and theres a very high chance that I'll recover. You however, if that misfortune befalls you, not only will the Cops flee before risking coming to your aid, you'll probably bleed to death in the street. In fact, if you make it to the hospital, nobody will treat you without a Police report and that same hospital that was supposed to resuscitate you might end up being your final resting place. Let me even rewind a bit: The cops might even be the robbers that'll blow your as*s into next year and dump you in a mortuary and tag you as a violent armed robber.

"Shes representing a country", abi no be so you talk, ode?! If you had a child, and the child misbehaved in school, and the school asked to see you, but due to work/health issues you couldnt make it: Would you ask Patience Jonathan to represent you in front of school teachers talk less of her representing a country like Nigeria?

Mumu, CEOS are beholden to their Shareholders, Patience Jonathan's husband is beholden to the Shareholders of Nigeria----- the citizens!!!! I wont even go into the dumb analogy you used on drivers, Governor's staff, Private Security or Road Safety (Whatever the hell that is).

What a shame that like Animal Farm, youre being abused over and over by the pigs, but like the sheep you are, youve been programmed to believe that suffering is part of your destiny and is good for your soul!

Remember, Dont get me wrong either, Im sorry if you feel insulted. I just think youre a dum%my!
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by LEXYLOV: 1:13am On Jan 28, 2012
It's like am not getting this story right can someone help? It's that the first lady is representing nigeria in AU summit meant for the Africa head of states or she was accompany her hubby and have the 32 Aides ? Because I never heard of it anywhere in this world that a first lady of any country represent her husband in any such event. Also any which way, even it's too much for the president himself to go into any summit with such a huge numbers of aides, Truly this family is insane and shameless. They are unaware of their position and it's functions and Nigerians are looking shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by Imyourex(m): 1:28am On Jan 28, 2012
Expect something like 'when our plane landed at addis ababba bus stop, i knew addis ababba is a good country" cheesy
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by manny4life(m): 2:10am On Jan 28, 2012
As usual, bullshit from Sahara Reporters,

President traveled with 25 Aides, YET madam First Lady traveled with 32, other than that first paragraph where they just stated this nonsense, they failed woefully to list " the nature of waste" types of aides she was traveling with. Apparently, SR is seeking attention but they are not finding it.
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by naijaspeak(m): 4:33am On Jan 28, 2012
THE OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY IN NIGERIA SHOULD BE SCRAPPED FOR GOOD. IT IS JUST A WASTE OF TAX PAYER MONEY. WHO EVEN AUTHORIZE THE PRESIDENCY TO BE FUNDING THAT OFFICE

THE MINISTRY OF WOMEN AFFAIRS SHOULD ALSO BE SCRAPPED FOR DAMN GOOD. IT IS ANOTHER DRAIN PIPE FOR TAXPAYER MONEY

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MADE US TO TIGHTEN OUR BELT IN THE WAKE OF THE FUEL SUBSIDY BUT THEY AND THEIR FAMILY INCLUDING PERSONAL AIDES ARE JUST WASTING TAX PAYPAYER MONEY ON WASTEFUL FOREIGN TRIP.

WHAT DOES PATIENCE JONATHAN PURPOSE OF TRAVELING TO ADDIS ABABA ( ETHIOPIA ) SHE HAS NO BUSINESS GOING THERE.

THE OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY IN NIGERIA WHICH WAS COPIED FROM THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS WRONGLY MISPLACED AND IT IS JUST A MONUMENTAL WASTE OF GOVERNMENT RESOURCES.
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by doczero: 5:14am On Jan 28, 2012
to me, there is no need for the office of the first lady at the presidency, no need for the office of the first lady in the states and no need for the same in the local governments. all these tiers of government have them. it is highly wasteful. there is no provision in the constitution and yet the presidency, the state governments and the local governments all loot our money through the so-called first ladies.
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by moremi2008(m): 7:12am On Jan 28, 2012
Only 32 aides?! In the olden days, they would have sacrificed 1000 virgins to appease the gods of the sky for a safe trip to Ethiopia! grin grin grin grin

Abeg, leave Mama PatienceJ alone! This is her time to shine! After all, her husband is the Emperor of Nigeria and the Crown Prince of Delta State.
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by safarigirl(f): 7:37am On Jan 28, 2012
32 aides? What are they for? Does she also need people to brush her teeth and scrub her back?
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by KokoBeware: 7:49am On Jan 28, 2012
Once the story is frm Sahara Reporters, you definitely have to check twice, The bias of this people is becoming sickening,
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by trix1: 8:32am On Jan 28, 2012
It wouldn't hurt you to at least open the link and READ before spewing ignorance here!!
The level of ignorance exhibited here daily is alarming
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 28, 2012
@kingoflag, sorry for the misunderstanding. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. I thought I was talking to some matured person. Again, I'm so sorry for picking up an arguement with u, all you do is attack people not situations. Thanks for the insults but please grow up!
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 28, 2012
@kingoflag, on a final note, there b people here in Nigeria living far better than you can even dream of. I wouldn't blame you coz I already understand the society that breed u up and what you are made up of. Peace!
Re: Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit by Gbawe: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2012
The tragedy of Nigeria, that some of us can discern, is how we are now routinely and self-destructingly entrusting very transformational positions into mediocre and unprepared hands. This has made Nigeria a joke currently amongst even our African neigbours who, previously respectful, now view us with scorn and disdain. Nkrumah's tag of "big for nothing" is merited far more today than when he originally made the statement.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/culture-waste-and-insensitivity-continues-mrs-jonathan-arrives-addis-ababa-32-aides

Mr. Jonathan, who faces continuing discontent from Nigerians over a steep hike in the price of petrol, had announced during the mass protests he would cut official salaries as well as abuse by his government.  He pledged to reduce drastically the number of officials traveling with him on foreign trips, but his first outing following the OccupyNigeria revolt does not seem to have remembered those promises.

As a reflection of Nigeria’s declining influence at the AU, she has no mention at all on the programme, and is not presenting a proposal as a Member State.  This parallels its work at the United Nations where, apart from recently serving as a member of the Security Council, she does not participate actively in the work of the Organization.

Of the seven Member State proposals to be considered at this Summit, Togo is responsible for “Integration As Factor of African Renaissance.”

Senegal is also proposing “The Diaspora As Africa’s Sixth Region,” an indication of its appreciation of citizens in the Diaspora.  Senegalese citizens abroad vote in their national elections, but Nigeria does not allow such participation.
  A bill on the subject in the House of Representatives two months ago was rapidly shot down.

In recent years, Nigeria’s foreign policy has lacked leadership and substance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sule Lamido: Tyranny Fuels Mass Defection To APC / LAGESC Arrests Residents Over Waste Bills. / Joseph Hayab: Politicians Behind Plot To Arrest Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.