Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,478 members, 7,901,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:46 AM

Boko Haram Rejects Gej Negotiation Deal; Threatens More Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Rejects Gej Negotiation Deal; Threatens More Attacks (895 Views)

Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad / Pastor Rejects GEJ Trekker In Kwali / Tinubu Rejects Gej's Offer Of Interim Government Vice-presidency SAHARAREPORTERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Rejects Gej Negotiation Deal; Threatens More Attacks by pyramid253(m): 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
The leader of the radical Islamist sect, Boko Haram has threatens that his group will begin kidnapping government officials' family members and bomb schools. This was contained in a 40 minutes internet audio message allegedly posted by the group on Youtube.

The message by Imam Abubakar Shekau comes amid continuing unrest in northern Nigeria following the group's attack in Kano that killed at least 200 people.

In the audio message, the group leader for the first time stated the goal of Boko Haram: Complete adoption of Sharia law across Nigeria. Mr Shekau said he is ready to order more violence to accomplish this goal.

"If they (Nigerian security forces) are going to places of worship and destroying them, like mosques and Quranic schools, you have primary schools as well, you have secondary schools and universities and we will start bombing them," Mr Shekau said. "Touch us and see. That is what we will do."

Mr Shekau said negotiations suggested by President Goodluck Jonathan between the sect and the government will not happen.

"He's lying. He cannot do it," Mr Shekau said. "If Jonathan does not repent as a Muslim, even if I die myself, Jonathan's going to see. He's looking at me like I'm nobody, but he'll see."

In the message, Mr Shekau acknowledged that Boko Haram carried out the Jan. 20 attacks in Kano, Nigeria's second largest city that killed at least 200 people

Though the audio message could not be verified, it however sounded like others attributed to Mr Shekau in the past.

http://www.channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=31232&cat=Local

(1) (Reply)

Cabalocrazy: Hon Patrick Obiaghagbon's Microscopic Vocals (video) / ‘osama Bin Laden Dreamed Of Marrying Whitney’ •‘said Whitney Was The Most Beauti / Describe Abiola In Two Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.