Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,593 members, 7,878,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:22 AM

Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". (19890 Views)

Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / US Intelligence Sources Links Boko Haram With Al-Qaeda. Terror! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by hercules07: 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2012
@manny

Of course I responded to your reply to alj about earnings, maybe I should have quoted that bit (not good on this quote thing) when I responded with the statement that foreign earnings might be majorly from oil but VAT also contributed, you also agreed with alj that the north contributes 70% of agric GDP, 70% of 47% is already 1/3rd of GDP, are you saying they do not contribute in other areas?
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by ridgeman: 4:03am On Jan 30, 2012
I guess he is hinting that the North should get more from oil revenues to limit BH threats? But seriously if the states(and I mean all the states) haven't done anything with the 'little' they get what guarentee is there that they will do anything if given more from oil revenues? Truth is all the states should be given a timeline by which they must base their entire spending on what is generated within their states. Only then will Nigeria begin its march to real development!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by ektbear: 4:15am On Jan 30, 2012
ridgeman:

Truth is all the states should be given a timeline by which they must base their entire spending on what is generated within their states. Only then will Nigeria begin its march to real development!

Cosign.

10 years should be more than enough time
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by monex(m): 11:33am On Jan 30, 2012
nice post there Alh harem.

Oil contribution to foreign exchange (exports) is near 100% but not contribution to GDP.

contribution to GDP involves more than just exports. so trust me the north has a fair amount of contribution to GDP and i am a proud Niger deltan BTW
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by unrattled: 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
And people say GEJ is clueless?
What then would you say of  Lamido Sanusi?

This guy goes from blunder to blunder.

@ All people who have expressed outrage at this "outrage", I doff my cap.

If I vent my anger on this Sanusi guy on this forum, I'd probably be banned by the admins, so let me leave it at what others have said about him.
I have always known him for what he is.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by naijaking1: 9:35pm On Jan 30, 2012
ridgeman:

I guess he is hinting that the North should get more from oil revenues to limit BH threats? But seriously if the states(and I mean all the states) haven't done anything with the 'little' they get what guarentee is there that they will do anything if given more from oil revenues? Truth is all the states should be given a timeline by which they must base their entire spending on what is generated within their states. Only then will Nigeria begin its march to real development!

Very nice.
In addition, have you ever wondered why standard census tools such as birth/death rate, school enrollment, and most importantly taxable adults are not used in Nigeria? Instead we depend on a hush-hush 2 week political excersise to cook up a figure about our census angry
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by cheikh: 4:32am On Jan 31, 2012
Gbawe
It appears Sanusi's elitism , priviledged and royal background is a personal impediment he cannot conquer to be a sound all-round leader. Lately he has come off as distinctly pro-elite and pro-establishment.

@^^ You are right that his royal background is a personal impediment that he cannot conquer to be a sound all-round leader. His background is that of an absolute Feudal [/b]lord as practiced in the far north of the country hence his "gaffes" and strident world view lacking empathy for the populace. I quite understand his reflexes. He is a victim of his roots. You cannot runaway from yourself wink grin grin. It's quite difficult coming from an [b]absolute "feudal" background to suddenly be anything else "extraordinary". To understand his problem, compare him to another privileged personality like Ojukwu, but with a different world view, reflexes and empathy. One is an absolute "feudal" lord whereas the other is of a republican orientation and background despite the enormous material privileges of the two gentlemen. Culture [/b]and [b]history defines a man not just materialism around them.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by ektbear: 5:07am On Jan 31, 2012
naijaking1:

Very nice.
In addition, have you ever wondered why standard census tools such as birth/death rate, school enrollment, and most importantly taxable adults are not used in Nigeria? Instead we depend on a hush-hush 2 week political excersise to cook up a figure about our census angry

+1
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 03, 2012
Oil derivation is not the reason for rising wave of violence in the north.

What do northern political elites and leaders expect from their failure to provide education and developmental projects for its ignorant almajiris inspite of all they ve stolen and received from the nigerian state for decades while their own children studied at the best institutions home & abroad.

They likewise used bloated & fraudulent census figures cos of landmass.

Sanusi pls blame your evil & unrepentant northern oligarchy!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by darediamond(m): 9:30am On May 09, 2012
;;;;
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
darediamond: The whole Hausa Tribe in d North is a Calamity on We other Tribes in present Nigeria.
Sanusi is a Confirmed Boko Haramist from long time ago. He is utterly senseless.
No tribe in present Nigeria do think the way we Yorubas do for it is we who Liberated u East and South from this Animals in The North
so why insulting us on d other related thread?
We Oduas think One Nigeria but all of u up and down and over there think about yourselves alone.
Please Change ur mindset 4 ur own good.
No Odua No East nor North
You are entitled to your opinion mister. But I doubt if you are making any sense out of this garbage you wrote
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by darediamond(m): 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
babagy82:

You are entitled to your opinion mister. But I doubt if you are making any sense out of this garbage you wrote

Vice-versa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Visits Governor Dickson Over The Death Of His Mother / Oyo Government Demolishes House Of Suspected Sponsor Of Yoruba Nation Agitators / Shell’s 20km Gas Pipeline Connects Industrial Zones In Aba

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.