Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,665 members, 7,889,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:41 AM

The Pangs Of Hell! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pangs Of Hell! (1443 Views)

Brother Ubani Divine Revelation Of Hell....times Is Up. / Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Woman Gets A Glimpse Of Hell After Suicide Attempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pangs Of Hell! by Eben2: 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2012
Calvary greetings, most of us have forgotten about the fact that God is not just the God of love, He is aslo the God of judgement. He has reserved for as many as reject His offer of salvation, internal damnation in hell. The bible says: "the soul that sinner, it shall die" but the Lord Jesus has paid that price for you and I on the cross of Calvary; why will you allow the devil and ur flesh to deceive you and bring you down to hell? Bellow are the last words of notable men who died without accepting the saviour. May you rejoice at the hour of sleep (death) and not weep! Amen!

Tom Paine was born at Thedford, England in 1737. He had opportunity to live in the period of revivals by George Whitefield and John Wesley. He lived a life against God and wrote against God, drawing hearts away from Christ. An eye-witness of his death said. “He is truly to be pitied”. Tome Paine’s cries at the hour of death were: “O Lord, help me! God help me! Jesus Christ, Help me! O God! What have I done to suffer so much!” then shortly after, he said: “but there is no God!” And then again, “Yet, if there be, what would become of me hereafter?” As the elderly woman who was his attendant left the room, Tom Paine said, “Stay with me, for God’s sake! For I cannot bear to be left alone. It is hell to be left alone”. In terror and agony his very last words recorded in history were, “My God, my God, why has Thou forsaken me?”
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by Eben2: 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2012
Voltaire made himself a bitter enemy of Christ through his entire life. But at his death, he sent for the priest to get reconciled with the church. When his infidel friends who had respected him as their hero tried to stop him, he repeatedly and loudly exclaimed, “Begone! It is you who have brought me to my present condition. Leave me, I say begone!” Hoping to be relieved of his pain and anguish of heart by a written confession, he had it prepared, signed it, but it was all unavailing. At last he cried. “O Christ! O Lord Jesus! I must die-abandoned of God and of men!” His nurse was so terrified that she said, “For all the wealth of Europe I would never see another infidel die”. It was a scene of horror that lies beyond all exaggeration.
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by Lasinoh: 4:15am On Jan 30, 2012
Pangs of hell = Removal of oil subsidy.
Nor be your fault.
Na foolish pipo money una dey chop for church na im make your to leave pangs of hell for Earth begin to discuss pangs of hell in the after life.

I nor blame you atol atol.
Mu he he he he he he
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 30, 2012
Lord have mercy!
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by Eben2: 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2012
The mercy of God is always available to those who will accept the offer of salvation. Jesus said He will never cast away whoever comes to Him. But the choice is your: either to remain a slave to sin and satan or become a son/daughter of God. You cannot sit on the fence!
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by Eben2: 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
The atheist, Thomas Hobbes, said in his dying hour, I am taking a fearful leap into the dark”. Cromwell said, “The devil is ready to seduce us, and I have been seduced”
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by emofine2(f): 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2012
OP, I have two questions.

a) According to Biblical scripture hell was actually created for the fallen Angels. So if those Angels had not rebelled would such a place (now reserved for "unrighteous" men) had existed or would God have found another dumping ground for the "heathens"?

b) Is it fear that governs the conviction of some? I ask this because I truly wonder if people come to Christ because they love him or are frightened if they do not adhere to him they will thus incur 3rd degree burns for eternity.
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by dekung(m): 1:09am On Jan 31, 2012
@EBen 2,
Am sure the story of Tom Paine's last hr was written by christian apologists like you. Do you know why I know it is a lie? Thomas Paine never for once said there is no God, in fact he believed in God to a larger extent than you do. Thomas Paine was a deist. He studied your falsehood ridden bible and came up with several non-scientific inconsistencies that ravaged the book. Go and read up his books: age of reason and examination of the prophesies. Read and make up your stone age and stop plagiarising other people's lies. At least your told you to study to show yourself approved so go and study. Agaian for the avoidance of doubt Tom Paine was not an atheist, he was a deist. He believed in God but only disproves the authenticity of your bible.
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by Eben2: 5:31pm On Jan 31, 2012
@emofine,
The answer to your first question is simple. If Lucifer had not rebelled against God, Adam and Eve would not have been seduced to sin against God, hence there wouldn’t have been unrighteousness or sin on the earth.

The bible says: “the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom”. Anyone who does not fear God is foolish; meaning such person does not have respect for the love and sacrifice of God for him. But the question is what does it mean when we say: “fear of God”? Does it mean to be frightened of God or to have an unpleasant feeling of anxiety or apprehension by the presence of or thought of God? NO!

To fear God simply mean to show respect for or be in awe of God! It is just like a child whose father told not to steal because stealing is bad and will attract severe punishment from the father. If such child decides not to steal, more often than not, it is because he respects the wish of his dad and would not want his dad to be unhappy with him and not just because of the punishment.

You should also know that no one comes to God because he loves God first. The bible says we love God because he loved us first 2 John 4:19. It is after we taste the love of God (the love that made Him to seek us out and make a way of salvation for us even after we’ve turned our back against Him to serve sin and satan) that we can really know how to love Him and our neighbours.

God will not force you to forsake evil He will only show you the two ways – the way of life and the way of death, righteousness and evil, the good and the bad; heaven and hell; but the one who will make the choice is YOU!

“And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” Rev 20: 11 - 15
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by emofine2(f): 6:08pm On Jan 31, 2012
Eben 2:

@emofine,
The answer to your first question is simple. If Lucifer had not rebelled against God, Adam and Eve would not have been seduced to sin against God, hence there wouldn’t have been unrighteousness or sin on the earth.

After the fall of Lucifer, Man was created?

If so it makes me wonder why man was created after the introduction of evil which actually interests me a lot since man was made in the "image" of God - sort of ironic too as Lucifer being the chief covering angel at the time who saw and translated God's glory through music to the other celestial beings . . . and after this angels fall, God (if it happened after the fall) sought to create another creature, another prototype after His image . . .in a way even though Lucifer was cast down that does make his role redundant sort of as that means Man involuntarily must have now filled that role if Man is the reflection of God's image hmmmmn undecided . . . erm I was just typing as far as my thoughts carried me - I'm probably wrong sha embarassed

Which makes me to wonder once again, if Lucifer and co had not sinned would God have even created man? - This is perhaps an unfair question though as I doubt anyone is in a position to answer that undecided
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by Eben2: 4:10pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sir Francis Newport was tought early in life to understand the great truths of the Gospel and while in early manhood it was hoped that he would become a channel of blessing to his family and nation. But he fell into company that corrupted his life. Near death, he exclaimed: “Whence this war in my heart? What argument is there now to assist me against matters of fact? Do I assert that there is no hell, when I feel on in my bossom? Am I certain that there is no judgement when I feel present judgement? Wretch that I am, whither shall I flee from this breast? That there is God I know, because I continually feel the effects of His wrath; that there is a hell I am equally certain… O that I was to lie upon the fire that never is quenched a thousand years, to purchase the favour of God and be united to Him again! But it is a fruitless wish. Millions of millions of years will bring me no nearer to the end of my torments than one poor hour. Eternity! Eternity! Who can discover the abyss of eternity? Who can paraphrase upon these words forever and ever?” As his distress and disease increased, he was asked if he would have prayers offered on his behalf. He turned his face and exclaimed: “Tigers and monsters! Are ye also become devils to torment me? Would you give me prospect of heaven to make my hell more intolerable?” Soon after he cried: “Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell!” and died at once, dropping into the eternal lake.
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by Eben2: 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2012
Ethan Allen was a noted infidel. His daughter Ellen was his only child and his wife had died. Ellen was sick and the doctor had told her that she could not live much longer. She said to the father, “You will bury me, father, by the side of my mother, for that was her dying request. But, father, you and mother did not agree on religion. Mother often spoke to me of the blessed Saviour who died for us all. She used to pray for both you and me, that the Saviour might be our friend, and that we might all see Him as our Saviour, when He sits enthroned in His glory, I don’t feel that I can go alone through the dark valley of the shadow of death. Now, tell me, father, whom shall I follow, you or mother? Shall reject Christ, as you have taught me, shall I accept Him, as He was my mother’s friend in the hour of her great sorrow?” With tears the father replied, “my child, cling to your mother’s Saviour, she was right. I’ll try to follow you to that blessed abode”.
Re: The Pangs Of Hell! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Feb 13, 2012
emöfine:

After the fall of Lucifer, Man was created?

I don't think Eben 2 said so. I believe he said that Adam would not have been seduced if Lucifer had not fallen.

Eben 2:

@emofine,

emöfine:

If so it makes me wonder why man was created after the introduction of evil which actually interests me a lot since man was made in the "image" of God - sort of ironic too as Lucifer being the chief covering angel at the time who saw and translated God's glory through music to the other celestial beings . . . and after this angels fall, God (if it happened after the fall) sought to create another creature, another prototype after His image . . .in a way even though Lucifer was cast down that does make his role redundant sort of as that means Man involuntarily must have now filled that role if Man is the reflection of God's image hmmmmn undecided . . . erm I was just typing as far as my thoughts carried me - I'm probably wrong sha embarassed

Study of the Sciptures show that man was created before the fall of Lucifer. Genesis 1:31 says that everything God created was very good and I believe all the angels including Lucifer were among God's creation that was very good. The angels witnessed the creation of man and sang for joy.

emöfine:

Which makes me to wonder once again, if Lucifer and co had not sinned would God have even created man? - This is perhaps an unfair question though as I doubt anyone is in a position to answer that undecided

God created everything within 6 days and rested on the 7th. Nothing comes as a surprise with God as He remains sovereign. He even planned our salvation before the foundation of the world.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Christians Say 'sorry' At Chicago Pride / Is It Wrong For A Born Again Chritain To Attend Any Muslim Ocassion? / 4 Lies The World Tells Us About Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.