Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,994 members, 7,880,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:31 PM

Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? (3101 Views)

If She Isn't Picking Your Calls, Then You Need To Do This Trick (pics) / Love And Infatuation? / Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by mcnoxious(m): 6:15pm On Mar 17, 2006
"love at first sight" is a common phrase! A lot of people believe that you can see someone and at the same spot fall in love with that person! I think you're only attracted to the person, for if you don't see that person in say two weeks you forget how the person even looks!

Love is something you learn like you learn a, b , c and so on! tell me what you think!
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:23pm On Mar 17, 2006
love is a feeling that comes from the heart
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by mcnoxious(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2006
love is a feeling that comes from the heart

do u mean love can come from the heart "at first sight"?
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2006
it's possible
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by whoknoxluv(m): 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2006
love at first sight . well to me it is possible because it is something that you will continue to develop gradually and before you know it u re in love.
let me ask u there a question without you having a first attraction can you be in love ?
i need answers to this contact me dadewusi@yahoo.com smiley
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by nikinash(f): 12:39pm On Mar 22, 2006
there will be attraction at firs sight and love may grow from there
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by glodave(f): 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2006
love is a feeling dat comes 4 the heart! when u'r in love, u dont need to be told, u'll feel it like shocked shocked
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by typical: 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2007
At first sight could be the love of God but not love the way you mean it.

That's mostly infatuation and love of the physical body. It's very common these days and that's why our relationships dont last again
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by RuuDie(m): 10:53am On Feb 13, 2007
well , a couple of yrs back & i'd have said what rubbish; but now i believe, really do believe that there's such a thing as love @1st sight 'cos i've been a victim and even though i never had the chance to xpress my feelings, never got the opportunity to share even a single special moment with that girl ,

but 4 yrs and countin, the image of her face still holds my heart like a vise , the memory of her presence still looms large over my horizon like tenses in present form , thots have her have become as much of a feature of my day as words ,

now tell me, if after 4yrs and still countin, i'm still as passionate, 'bout some1 i'm probably never ever gonna see again in my lifetime, as i know i am; is it infatuation or is it lust? tell me ,
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Stilettos(f): 11:01am On Feb 13, 2007
yeah it is infatuation , I have had plenty of those grin
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by ATLANTA96(m): 7:22pm On May 27, 2007
mostly yes, but some times is not,
things happen, shocked tongue
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by smile007: 7:35pm On May 27, 2007
Probably yes grin
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 04, 2007
I met a girl last year in a biirthday party, we spoke a couple of times on the phone b4 we lost contact. But i still have this strong feeling for her that ive not had for anyother woman. Unlike me, the thought of having sex with her didnt come to my mind.
So, i think love at first sight really works. Cos for me, there is no way i can develop love for somebody i dont love at first sight. I tried it b4, and it was a waste of time.
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by 2dye4(m): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2007
love @ first sight a.k.a "the flesh"

for me i believe its a physical attraction and if genuinely pursued can blossom into love. shikena!
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Bassey231(m): 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2007
Love at first sight?Men this thing no dey exist ooohhhh!Attracted at fisrt sight,yes.Infatuated at first sight,very common.Stunned at first sight,ok.But love at first sight?Naaaah.Love is like a seed,it has to be planted and nurtured before it blossoms and this process takes time.Maybe that phrase should be expressed as a clause wink like em,em,em,let's see.Ok,"knew at first sight that I would fall in love", how's that?
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by iykstein(m): 10:44am On Jun 05, 2007
" Love @ 1st site " really do exist,
the fact dat some people have not experienced it doesn't mean it dont exist,
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by 2dye4(m): 11:51am On Jun 05, 2007
iykstein:

" Love @ 1st site " really do exist,
the fact that some people have not experienced it doesn't mean it don't exist,

love does not emanate from sight, but from the heart.
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Bosdem(f): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2007
For me, it's infatuation, love is a gradual thing, you dont come across someone on the street and fall in LOVE at a mere sight, I think it's infatuation and not love.
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Aiphie(f): 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2007
2dye4:

for me i believe its a physical attraction and if genuinely pursued can blossom into love. shikena!

You spoke the word.

At first sight, all there can really be is an attraction. Da true love, da real thing, comes with time. cool
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by akeye(f): 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2007
i dont believe in luv at first sight.
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Elgaxton(m): 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2008
Love at first sight?Men this thing no dey exist ooohhhh!Attracted at fisrt sight,yes.Infatuated at first sight,very common.Stunned at first sight,ok.But love at first sight?Naaaah.Love is like a seed,it has to be planted and nurtured before it blossoms and this process takes time.Maybe that phrase should be expressed as a clause Wink like em,em,em,let's see.Ok,"knew at first sight that I would fall in love", how's that?

Big Thumbs up for ur post bro.
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by ariblaze(m): 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2008
i belive love at first sight exists
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by adeboo(f): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2008
I feel that when u see the person, initial attraction begins - then that is what leads to love cause am sure u have to be attracted first before it turns to love abi?
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 10, 2008
I think that phrase should be changed to infatuation at first sight.
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by adeboo(f): 8:55pm On Mar 10, 2008
stillwater:

I think that phrase should be changed to infatuation at first sight.

Or even attraction at first sight.
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Scarlett(f): 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2008
There can never be love at first sight, it is naturally and technically impossible
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2008
Love at first sight? hmmm. . .not in for it. i believe love progresses on its own and takes time. Sure love can hit you anytime, but it takes time for you to recognize it and to make sure its real love, not just contemporary love or love of the moment.
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by ifyalways(f): 10:11pm On Mar 10, 2008
i think its attraction at first sight,maybe love might come up later undecided
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by TOYOSI20(f): 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2008
@ Post

Nothing like that, has and ever will exist. embarassed
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 11, 2008
ifyalways:

i think its attraction at first sight,maybe love might come up later undecided
quick summarization of what i said grin
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by easybaby2(f): 6:55am On Mar 11, 2008
Yes i believe lost at first sight cool
as far there is dough kiss kiss
Re: Isn't Love At First Sight Infatuation? by Elgaxton(m): 10:41am On Mar 11, 2008
Love at first sight is more of Lust than love itself.

U see a pretty lady or Handsome guy, u start feeling some kinda nasty sensation / chemistry (even from afar).

You meet the person and u guys just gel well. Next thing, sex until una tire and the whole so-called love disappears becos there was never a foundation for ya love.

Love involves a lot of discipline Jare.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wedding Night Discovery... / He Talks Too Much N It Do Get Me Pissed Off / How To Make A Girl Visit You, Even When She Suspects You Are ‘up To Something’.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.