Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,478 members, 7,911,131 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:44 AM

Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k (3833 Views)

Clean Peugeot 505 Turbo Used Car For Sale, Just For N360,000 / Very Clean 505 GTI Automatic, Abuja Used, For Sale. 250K / Toyota Camry 1996 model 2door clean and neat with ac and automatic for sale, call me 08032210506 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by netwalker: 6:20pm On Feb 03, 2012
Very good condition Peugeot 505 GTI with automatic transmission for sale. Call 08097103544.
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by aiyegbaje: 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2012
Post picks and call me for negotiation or send pix to my box dockyme4real@yahoo.com, 08033968521
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by Ikenna351(m): 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2012
We need pics.

Ikenna.
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by Ikenna351(m): 1:59pm On Feb 06, 2012
What kind of engine does the 505 GTI have? Is it ZDJL (2.2 EFI I4) engine or the popular XN1(A) (fuel carburetted engine)? What is the series? Is it the 1st seires GTI or the face-lifted 505 GTI?

Ikenna.
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by netwalker: 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2012
The 505 GTI was the last of the great 505 series manufactured, (this one was manufactured in 1991). A cross between modern technology and oold ruggedness, it comes with a Renault engine, an automatic transmission, fuel injection, sensoring and air flow metering. The reputation of the 505 for being the workhorse of Africa is fully upheld by this car, I use it to travel a lot, and it holds the road and eats up the miles along Naija's generally horrible roads wonderfully well.

Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by Ikenna351(m): 3:52pm On Feb 06, 2012
netwalker:

The 505 GTI was the last of the great 505 series manufactured, (this one was manufactured in 1991). A cross between modern technology and oold ruggedness, it comes with a Renault engine, an automatic transmission, fuel injection, sensoring and air flow metering. The reputation of the 505 for being the workhorse of Africa is fully upheld by this car, I use it to travel a lot, and it holds the road and eats up the miles along Naija's generally horrible roads wonderfully well.

Yes, the engine bay pic shows that its EFI & also a ZDJL 130 hp Douvrin engine. The car is also a 2nd series (face-lifted)  505 GTI. The best version of 505 productions, in terms of good road handling, engine ouput & driving pleasures derived when driving it, aside the 505 V6. It also have LSD (Limited slip differential), which other 505 models lack, except the non-ABS 505 V6s & Turbos. The LSD makes the GTI very predictable when negotiating a bend or steering away from a pothole on high speed, considering our terrible high ways. I can go on & on.

Point of correction. The engine in the car is not a Renault engine like you said, which Nigerian Peugeot mechanics would call it. Its known as "Douvrin"engine. The Douvrin is a name of a town in France. The engine was co-produced by Peugeot & Renault, in a Plant in Douvrin town, set up by Peugeot & Renault, before Volvo later joined the company, hence the PRV (Peugeot, Renault & Volvo), where V6 engine in Peugeot 505, 605, Renault 25 & Volvo 760 GLE was also produced. The Douvrin engine, ZDJL, I4 2.2L 130 bhp, was used in both Peugeot 505 GTIs and some Renault cars.

Where do you stay? Are you in Abuja? If you have started this thread earlier before now, maybe,  i would have gone for this car, than the 605 V6 % speed manual i recently purchased? Unless, if you would agree that we exchange both cars. grin grin grin grin

Oh! I own a 505 V6 5 speed manual too. Damn! I love that car. I wouldnt mind to have a GTI like yours beside it as mine too. I would recommend the car to any interested buyer, if it checks out after inspection. I would go for it, honestly, if i had the pepper now. So sad!

Ikenna.
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by netwalker: 4:26pm On Feb 06, 2012
I see that you are a connoiseur, Ikenna, you obviously know your engines and stuff. Good on you, mate, I just know a bit about the cars I drive, and just enough so the mechanics don't cheat me too much, but beyond that I'm a babe in the woods. Unfortunately, I'm in Lagos, not Abuja, and truth be told, from all the praise you gave the 505, I just might think of upping the price (smile!). Actually, I bought this car to travel with, at the time I was doing a lot of traveling for business, and believe you me in that time I have put this car on different roads, and the LSD whatever you referred to must be the bomb, because the handling of this car is absolutely wonderful. Add that to the fact that its an auto, and sometimes along the road, when I stop to relieve myself or top up petrol, (which I always do at parks or places where other travelers gather), I get drivers and others coming up to take a look at the car, not believing its a 505 engine in it, cos the thing sounds like a beast!

I havent done much traveling of late, and the car is underutilized, because not having a functional a/c makes it a drag to drive under the hot sun in Lagos lousy traffic, thats why Im thinking of selling. I did consider having an ac fitted in it, but I'm not too sure about the pros and cons of that, and I wouldnt want to spoil a splendid engine, so I think selling may be the better option instead of having it gather dust. I had to change the battery recently.

You know, I actually prefer manual cars to automatic cars, strange as it may sound, I think you get the joy of driving fully with manuals. Had I been back in my traveling days, I just might have driven down to Abuja and exchanged this auto for your manual!
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by Ikenna351(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2012
Exchange What!!!?? You must be joking! Both my two Lions: 505 V6 & 605 V6, are 5 speed manuals. Am not the auto trans type! So, even if iam to purchase your lion, definitely, would convert it to manual soon. I cant imagine driving a V6 RWD that is not manual, considering such a good road handling car like foreign assembled low ground clearance 505. Not possible. Whats the fun then in having a V6 if i dont get to get the full V6 power on the wheels? But some would prefer auto anyway.

I still maintain, if i have my way now, if miracle happens tonight or tomorrow, you would see me in your house in Lagos for inspection & possibly purchase at once. I still prefer your I4 505 GTI to my 605 V6. Road handling of 505 on top speed on higway is out of this world. I have driven my two cars several times to East & Lagos from Abuja. But whenever am driving the 505 on long distance journeys, i would always be giggling like a girl on the steering till i reach my destination. grin grin grin  I love long distance driving. My 505 makes it fun for me!

Foreign assembled 505 was a wonderful production. Those were days when peugeot was peugeot; when engineers were producing their cars not their accountants. No one would understand what am saying until he or she drives a foreign assembled 505, not PAN production.

Hey! Is like am marketing this car for you! grin grin Guys if una no rush pick dis Lion and i jam money tonite, i no go waste time carry am o!.

Ikenna.
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by Ikenna351(m): 10:23pm On Feb 06, 2012
Sorry for bumping in again Netwalker. I want to get something clear from you. If you what you meant in your earlier post is that you wouldnt mind to exchange your 505 auto  for my 605 5sp manual, then i would be very glad to do the exchange, if you are serious about it. But if what you meant was to exchange your auto 505 with my 5sp manual 505, then you are dreaming. : grin : grin grin   Wish you a good sale!

Ikenna.
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2012
Ikenna351:

Sorry for bumping in again Netwalker. I want to get something clear from you. If you what you meant in your earlier post is that you wouldnt mind to exchange your 505 auto  for my 605 5sp manual, then i would be very glad to do the exchange, if you are serious about it. But if what you meant was to exchange your auto 505 with my 5sp manual 505, then you are dreaming. : grin : grin grin   Wish you a good sale!

Ikenna.

Lolz. grin
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by netwalker: 10:10am On Feb 07, 2012
smiley. no I wouldnt exchange a 505 for a 605, even if the 605 is the post - 1992 model. Actually, I just mentioned the purported exchange based on the whole manual/auto transmission brouhaha, bacause I must confess that I do not like automatic cars. True, they are easier to handle in lousy Lagos traffic sometimes, but I think a manual transmission is for real drivers. I bought my 505 because it was in excellent condition and the fact that it had an automatic transmission was a small price to pay for getting such and excellent automobile to flog on the highways. But there's nothing like the ever-increasing scream of a manaul transmission climbing through the gears on a flat stretch and the abrupt cut off as you clutch down to make your adrenaline pump, really there isnt.
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 07, 2012
netwalker:

But there's nothing like the ever-increasing scream of a manaul transmission climbing through the gears on a flat stretch and the abrupt cut off as you clutch down to make your adrenaline pump, really there isnt.

Nice to see another manual tranny fan on here. The lacklustre control an automatic gives can never be matched by the absolute control a manual gives the driver over an automobile. cool
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by Ikenna351(m): 11:15am On Feb 07, 2012
Auto or not auto, I would like to have your Lion. Its such an immaculate Lion like mine. I can always convert it to manual anytime. The main thing is the car to end up to someone like me that really value such MACHINE & would care for it like a baby, like I care for my BABY, King of Lions, 505 V6 5speed manual. Very unfortunate that it would be going to someone else. Sad face! cry cry cry

Ikenna.
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by cityhood: 10:32pm On May 02, 2012
I LIKE IT IF D CAR STIL AVAILABLE CAL M LTS TALK 08065144130 tanks
Re: Good Condition 505 Gti Automatic For Sale, 250k by netwalker: 11:15am On May 04, 2012
Tried ringing you, your number off. Give me a ring on 08036747472 when you switch on and lets take it from there. Regards.

(1) (Reply)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE Full Option / Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2008 Model Price N2.650m 08035376690 / Extremely Cleam Honda Accord,fully Loaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.