Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,098 members, 7,942,980 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:32 PM

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? (136812 Views)

Ambode Inspects Site Of Collapsed Lekki Gardens Building (photos) / How Genuine Is The NLC Mass And Affordable Housing For Workers / Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by brag3: 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
Fantastic write-up. Brilliant

Kyandy:
DID WE GET OURSELVES BURNED OR LG BURNT US!!!

I came across this trend two years ago and was very happy to have gone through it, page by page, post by post and actually, I learnt a lot from all that has been placed. It actually made me grow more curious, caused me to do more research and also I had to redirect some investors to other investment properties that were of better investment.

Now I know many have had enough of the things going on in Lekki Gardens and many still have a lot to vent in anger about them, if it were in their power, they'd close the company down in a split second but sometimes, we also tend to forget that we also have the responsibility to admit that we have a part to play and to be blamed in any real estate investment error.

But what makes it even worst is that people are still going into the same mistakes over again with a different real estate company while others are repeating it with the same company.
Its too bad all this is happening to good people trying to make some good investment decision, but lets look at some of the attractions we saw and figure out where we erred.

* THE PRICE: This always was and still is their marketing edge, currently Lekki gardens have started a project here in Port Harcourt where I reside but of all the real estate developments going on in the state (PH), Lekki Gardens beats them all in price by a huge margin. But you see price is the last thing to look at when investment is involved, its of utmost importance, but it should be the last. Many are so shocked by the price that they don't even think anymore, so what they do next is equally shocking... they just invest... without thinking.

*THE NAME: Nowadays just hearing the word "Lekki" and every investors in Nigeria is paying attention. Many are being fooled that the best places to take their real estate investment is in the high braw (excellent, pleasant, attractive) locations, forgetting one of the laws of investment properties has more to do with, how much demand is there for such kinds of property? And not just the name. Lekki Gardens has branded its self so well that it is now a house hold name in the Nigeria real estate industry. I can tell you for a fact that many are buying into this properties here in Port harcourt because they have heard LG has been doing it in Lekki and now they are doing it in GRA.

*THE RESEARCH: Now, here I can say that many people believe that having a property is of utmost importance in this country especially with an inflation of over 9%, which is still increasing, high cost of rental apartments in town and the possibility of making a great investment deal from its sale. But there is a common trend people do while buying, NO RESEARCH WORK!! shocked. Its too important to research as many available offers you get when trying to buy a property, but it should not stop in the property price, but also the last properties built by developers, finding out if their clients where satisfied, comparing your results from at least 10 other developers already building.

Many times many fall back to price or brand that's why we have so many complains in this thread but when you have done your due diligence properly not falling to emotions or the hype of the location, you'll have a better chance of buying the right property with the right price in the right location that has a great value.

This thread has helped a lot from going into property investment especially LG irrationally but bashing Richard or Lekki Gardens in here all day won't stop his business from moving on (like I said Lekki Gardens already have major projects they are building in Port harcourt and many are buying into it, and that's if its not already sold off).

We should find out our errors and learn from our own mistakes to become better in the game and guide people to much better estate developers, estate investment deals and the likes so others are protected.

Its too bad it all happened but we become better when we treat our burns and prevent others from getting burned.

So did you get yourself burned or did LG burn you?

3 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Sammiejo: 11:08am On Mar 08, 2016
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by texazzpete(m): 12:39pm On Mar 08, 2016
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by blank(f): 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
What is the building authorities doing about the quality of Lekki Garden houses?

How many more have to collapse before the govt will take action?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by cecegorz(m): 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
A friend living beside one of the Lekki Gardens site just told me that a supposed 5 story building under construction just collapsed, taking some of the workers to their untimely grave.

Do LASG really monitor these guys building processes? shocked
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by remoranger(m): 9:06am On Mar 09, 2016
This lekki garden collapse is very sad
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Coldplay007(f): 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
The Lagos State Government has expressed its condolences over the death of construction site workers who lost their lives on Tuesday as a result of the collapse of a five-storey building under construction on Kushenla Road, Ikate Elegushi, Lekki. In a press release issued on Wednesday and signed by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Steve Ayorinde, the Lagos State Government also announced that

Based on preliminary reports and investigation, it was discovered that the collapsed building was served contravention notice for exceeding the approved floors and thereafter sealed by the Lagos State Building Control Agency.

It added that it has also been discovered that in a brazen act of defiance and impunity, the owners of the building, Messrs Lekki Worldwide Estate Limited, the promoters of Lekki Gardens, criminally unsealed the property and continued building beyond the approved floors until the unfortunate incident of Tuesday which has led to loss of lives.

The statement added that arising from the Lagos State Executive Council meeting decision on Wednesday, the State Government will no longer tolerate the action of unscrupulous owners and builders who challenge its supervisory control thereby endangering the lives of Lagosians.

The State Government has consequently directed the suspension of work at the site and ordered the Lagos State Police Command to cordon it off as it is now a crime scene.

The government also directed further integrity tests be carried out on every other construction project which has or is currently being handled by Messrs Lekki Worldwide Estate Limited in the interest of public safety.

Furthermore, the release quoted the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode as saying that all directors of Lekki Worldwide Estate Limited are strongly advised to submit themselves to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police within the next twenty four hours in their own interest or face immediate arrest.

The statement also commended the timely response and remarkable intervention by the combined men of the Lagos State Emergency Authority (LASEMA), the Lagos State Fire Service, Lagos State Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS), Red Cross, National Emergency Agency (NEMA), Lagos State Building Control Agency and the Rapid Response Squad (RRS).

The Lagos State Government also warned that it will no longer be business as usual stating that any developer either on existing or new building projects who fails to comply with building and construction regulations or attempts to subvert the law will henceforth face criminal prosecution.

SIGNED
STEVE AYORINDE

COMMISSIONER, INFORMATION AND STRATEGY

LAGOS STATE

MARCH 9, 2016

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/lagos-state-releases-statement-on-lekki.html

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Gamesmart: 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
Gamesmart:
Why does the Lagos State planning authorities continue to let Richard Nyong build sub-standard estates that destroys neighbourhood standards?

I was warning then.

https://www.nairaland.com/2980301/lekki-gardens-releases-statement-collapse
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 9:01am On Mar 10, 2016
The collapse made me remember this thread. As at the last count over 30 people are dead and the Lagos state govt is just waking up. The tragedy could have been avoided if the govt has been more sensitive to people's complain.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
Tvegas:
The collapse made me remember this thread. As at the last count over 30 people are dead and the Lagos state govt is just waking up. The tragedy could have been avoided if the govt has been more sensitive to people's complain.

@ Tvegas, Please refer to page 13 of this thread or follow link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/862800/lekki-gardens-estate-how-genuine/13

Assuming it was the subscribers or tenenats to these houses/ flats were occupying them before this calamity... the death toll will reach upwards of 50. That's what one man's greed can cause.
This is just the beginning as all those 4, 5 and 6 storey buildings are ticking time bombs. The one opposite Northern Foreshore is the worst. If artisans are to temporarily occupy it, be sure the building will collapse as well.
Richard Nyong, Why
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2016
SangoCrusader:

lalasticlala, this is FP material no be so?

If it makes front page now, it made it for the wrong reasons.

Beautiful death trap...
https://www.nairaland.com/862800/lekki-gardens-estate-how-genuine/12

Richard Nyong/ Lekki gardens, you have questions to answer for the death of poor 34 souls sent to their early grave because of your lust for money, money & money. Why did you add one and in some cases 2 extra floors to a house meant for 3 floors? You removed the roofing in broad day light and added extra floors to it? why
When we kept complaining of the inhumane and poor treatment from LG here in this thread, some people choose to look the other way. Its not all about money. Service quality and delivery as well as customer relationship matters a lot. Look at what has happened and more will happen I not nipped in the bud by demolishing those death traps/ time bombs? Will more souls perish before those death traps are destroyed?. Lagos state govt, over to you.
All the LASG officials that visited those sites and turned a blind eye should be bought to book as well including all the management of lekki gardens (known and unknown).

3 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
eziokwu2015:

If it makes front page now, it made it for the wrong reasons.

Beautiful death trap...
https://www.nairaland.com/862800/lekki-gardens-estate-how-genuine/12

All the LASG officials that visited those sites and turned a blind eye should be bought to book as well including all the management of lekki gardens (known and unknown)

Something tells me that more of their high-rise buildings will eventually collapse with time. A company that rushes to deliver substandard units like lekki gardens shouldnt be encouraged to build more that single storey houses. The defects on those buildings are obvious for all to see. Funny enough i am not mad with Richard , i am more pissed at the hypocrisy of LASBCA acting like they were not aware of these anomalies.

4 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Sammiejo: 8:38am On Mar 11, 2016
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 9:07am On Mar 11, 2016
I have one question for this thread:
If LASG demolishes the high rise apartments (which they were selling "Buy 2, get 1 free"wink, what happens next?
Will house/ apartment owners get back their money from Richard Nyong and his team? If there is a run to pull out investments from the company, I hope they can handle it.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 9:20am On Mar 11, 2016
eziokwu2015:
I have one question for this thread:
If LASG demolishes the high rise apartments (which they were selling "Buy 2, get 1 free"wink, what happens next?
Will house/ apartment owners get back their money from Richard Nyong and his team? If there is a run to pull out investments from the company, I hope they can handle it.

Good luck getting any money back, this is not the sort of investment you can pull-out of. The answer in short is that if the high rise buildings are demolished, we will not get a penny back. They will simply reallocate us to one of their new investments which will take another two years to complete.

For those of us who own units there, it is in our interest that the punishment from LASG is proportionate otherwise, investors who have already waited years for completed units will be the ones that suffer. Richard will just escape to UK/USA is the terrain is too hot for him leaving us uncompleted buildings behind
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 9:55am On Mar 11, 2016
SangoCrusader:

Good luck getting any money back, this is not the sort of investment you can pull-out of. The answer in short is that if the high rise buildings are demolished, we will not get a penny back. They will simply reallocate us to one of their new investments which will take another two years to complete.

If it's about refund trust me these guys have so much money in reserve to afford refunds. However Richard being such a stubborn fellow will not contemplate refunds. If akpabio has any investment in LG be rest assured that ambode will try to pull some of those buildings down.

My appeal is for the Lagos state govt to consider investors in LG before taking such drastic decision.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 9:56am On Mar 11, 2016
LEKKI GARDENS GROUND ZERO

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2016
Tvegas:

If it's about refund trust me these guys have so much money in reserve to afford refunds. However Richard being such a stubborn fellow will no contemplate refunds. If akpabio has any investment in LG be rest assured that ambode will try to pull some of those buildings down.

My appeal is for the Lagos state govt to consider investors in LG before taking such drastic decision.

Those responsible for this should go in for it... from CEO to all the directors. They are all collaborators. They sat in their board meeting and decided to take the building from 3 to 5 storey building. Not one but up to 10 houses or more.
People should be punished for contravening the law and for showing excessive impunity.

P/S: No pun intended... just wanted to show the old face vs the new face of LG.

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 10:40am On Mar 11, 2016
eziokwu2015:

Those responsible for this should go in for it... from CEO to all the directors. They are all collaborators. They sat in their board meeting and decided to take the building from 3 to 5 storey building. Not one but up to 10 houses or more.

My bro I feel your anger but let's not throw away the baby with the bathwater. If all directors of LG are jailed as desired who will manage the estates? Yes this is a clear case of manslaughter and Richard as I write this is being arraigned at the magistrate court Lagos island but some directors should be spared to provide services to investors.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Missonitemi: 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
LG properties at Osborne, Ikoyi. 2 are marked distressed sealed the other just sealed. Who knows the meaning of these terms? Someone said distressed might mean it failed all tests and might be up for demolition...

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by nikkyshyne(f): 11:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
Missonitemi:
LG properties at Osborne, Ikoyi. 2 are marked distressed sealed the other just sealed. Who knows the meaning of these terms? Someone said distressed might mean it failed all tests and might be up for demolition...
Forclosure thingz. The property was used for mortgage and payment has been breached. The lender(financial institution) is taking over the property.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 11:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
nikkyshyne:
Forclosure thingz. The property was used for mortgage and payment has been breached. The lender(financial institution) is taking over the property.

Things just got worse. If this is true how did Richard get himself messed up like this?. Someone who started well
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by pinoras24: 11:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
Missonitemi:
I am quite concerned with the comments on Lekki Gardens since I bought into one of their estates as well. I think they over promise and under deliver. If you think about it, 12-14 months is just too short to build and complete an estate. I guess this is the reason why many people are worried. Moreover they have their hands full with over 32 projects running concurrently. To make matters worse, their customer engagement is very poor which even makes it worse for subscribers to deal with. I have 1 month to go to get my apartment (going by the 14 months promise) and I hope it all goes well. However this is my advice to people: don't pay and then go to sleep. You have to constantly be in their faces. Make sure you have a contract signed.
Anf finally, if you have already bought, I don't advice you buy another property from them. If you are a first time buyer, please do not buy from them. The quality of their houses are poor. Very poor. You still have a whole lot of work to do even when they deliver the shell unit. There are nicer estates from developers with better integrity. I will not mention any names so it doesn't sound like I am advertising for any of them.
Goodluck!

Grateful if you can mention some reputable ones. Want my money in a place that will give rest of mind.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by MrMcJay(m): 12:38am On Mar 12, 2016
nikkyshyne:

I don't think this is a case of foreclosure. That LASBCA means Lagos State Building Control Agency. I think the building has been determined to be structurally defective and would be demolished. I expect the same thing to happen to all of LG's estates. The next thing is for revocation of C of Os.

3 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by nikkyshyne(f): 5:07am On Mar 12, 2016
MrMcJay:

I don't think this is a case of foreclosure. That LASBCA means Lagos State Building Control Agency. I think the building has been determined to be structurally defective and would be demolished. I expect the same thing to happen to all of LG's estates. The next thing is for revocation of C of Os.
hmm..perhaps. Foreclosure should have a court order scribbled too. "Possession taken over today....
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by MrMcJay(m): 5:54am On Mar 12, 2016
nikkyshyne:
hmm..perhaps. Foreclosure should have a court order scribbled too. "Possession taken over today....

You're correct.

In any case, Lekki Gardens is in troubled times. It's just an elaborate real estate ponzi scheme and the bubble is about to get burst. Without new subscribers, LG can't complete existing projects and with this building collapse, the number of new subscribers would be at a minimum. Hence, no funds to complete the present estates.

There is just one way out for LG to get it's credibility back and get more subscribers.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by nikkyshyne(f): 5:58am On Mar 12, 2016
MrMcJay:

You're correct.

In any case, Lekki Gardens is in troubled times. It's just an elaborate real estate ponzi scheme and the bubble is about to get burst. Without new subscribers, LG can't complete existing projects and with this building collapse, the number of new subscribers would be at a minimum. Hence, no funds to complete the present estates.

There is just one way out for LG to get it's credibility back and get more subscribers.
And that way is?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Missonitemi: 7:49am On Mar 12, 2016
Well maybe not all will be marked for demolition. Their duplexes in the same Osborne wasn't marked. I guess that was deemed ok. Guess I said. But it wasn't marked.

Remember they used different contractors. Some probably got it right while others didn't. I believe the block of flats are also the biggest concerns right now.

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 8:26am On Mar 12, 2016
Missonitemi:

Well maybe not all will be marked for demolition. Their duplexes in the same Osborne wasn't marked. I guess that was deemed ok. Guess I said. But it wasn't marked.

Remember they used different contractors. Some probably got it right while others didn't. I believe the block of flats are also the biggest concerns right now.

...the right thing LASG should do is to demolish those death traps called apartment buildings.
Has anyone thought about what would have happened if those houses were occupied by families who bought or rented the so called "luxury apartments?" The building would have collapsed and death toll higher that what we are seeing now.
justice should be served to Richard Nyong for contravening the law... he is not above the law. LG should refund any investor willing to pull out his/ her funds. He had boasted that his account is flowing with green dollars.... I guess he can afford the refunds.

All high rise buildings in Ikoyi, Ikate Elegushi, Chevron Drive SHOULD BE DEMOLISHED else LASG will be making the same mistake earlier committed by allowing him to get to 5 floors instead of 3.

The RED ARROWS shows where the roof once existed at Ikate Elegushi, meadow hall and its environs.....
WHO WILL BE GLAD TO HAVE HIS FAMILY PERSIH while Nyong is driving his jaguar?

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 8:40am On Mar 12, 2016
This is Lekki Paradise opposite Northgate Estate along Chevron Drive, Aug 2015. At a point I saw roofing, next thing the roof was gone and and a floor appeared. Right now there are two extra floors on that building making it a 5 storey building. There are about 5 or more structures of this kind in that estate. Death traps waiting to kill innocent people while someone and his cohorts continue to "enjoy life".
Is it fair that Richard Nyong will endanger people's life and turn the other way and live his life as though he did no wrong? Its unfair that's why I believe that the law should have its course and keep him .... maybe behind bars?

...if you look closely, you'll identify the parapet wall for roofing where the extra floor appeared. will you live in a 3 storey building converted to a 5 storey building on a sand filled soil?

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 8:49am On Mar 12, 2016
I wonder why a Ghanaian university gave him a doctorate degree... for what
For manipulations and killing people?
THe world will celebrate you irrespective of how you make your money... its a shame.

(source: http://www.mercybenjaminblog.com/2015/08/ceo-of-lekki-gardens-richard-nyong-got.html )

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna / Contact Us Today for Lands,House and other Property Matters in Asaba 09058818181

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.