Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,099 members, 7,890,622 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:07 PM

Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria (13735 Views)

OWERRI: The Worst State Capital In The SE- PIX / PHOTOS: Pictures Of the Beautiful City Of Owerri - The City Of Gold And Diamonds / Is Owerri The Only Zone In Imo State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Eagle75: 10:50pm On Feb 04, 2012
sandiyke:

Abeg make una let me hear word!!! [b]ABA [/b]is the cleanest. LORL!!!

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by KokoBeware: 10:54pm On Feb 04, 2012
which Owerri??
hope it is not the one in Imo state,
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 11:05pm On Feb 04, 2012
Marlboro1:

Abuja is the cleanest city in not only Nigeria but all of Africa. By the way, why is no Yoruba or Hausa state being mentioned here? Shebi una no get clean cities?

I don't think Owerri is actually a city as there are only three cities in Nigeria - Lagos, Abuja and Port harcourt.
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 11:11pm On Feb 04, 2012
Good video, here is my own criticism,

1. No sidewalk, like seriously, isn't it enough risk for pedestrians to be walking on the same line as oncoming traffic? Please, they should put that into consideration, although video 2 does have one, gr8.

2. No traffic lighting signals and signage, hmm , recipe for disaster for instance video 1, when you cam to the circle, those three-legged cars did not come to a FULL STOP to yield you the right of way since you approached first, he just zoomed passed. Anyway, this is Nigeria, so forgive my ignorance but we can still improve anyway.
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 11:16pm On Feb 04, 2012
How many states in Nigeria today have sidewalks ?
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2012
How are there only 3 cities in Nigeria? Please let's stop these delusions. The world is watching.
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 04, 2012
I think it is Calabar!
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 11:22pm On Feb 04, 2012
Abagworo, I don't think you actually realise what a city is.

1 Like

Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by nsiadi: 11:26pm On Feb 04, 2012
I have been to both places
Calabars fame is fast dwindling
Imoke has no plans to make the place remain ever green
Even Tinapa which Duke laboured for is fast shrinking in beauty due to poor maintenance culture

Owerri, with a more focused governor, may steal the show b4 long.
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 11:31pm On Feb 04, 2012
i can see concord hotel on the right cheesy cheesy cheesy my favorite hotel in owerri hmmm memories kiss kiss kiss
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Kingzy4pep(m): 11:33pm On Feb 04, 2012
Owerri iz a çlean & beautiful city thoù, bt, some parts are dirty sha èspecially d road/side leading 2 futo. Still onè of d neatest cities I've visited.
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 04, 2012
ak47mann:

i can see concord hotel on the right cheesy cheesy cheesy my favorite hotel in owerri hmmm memories  kiss kiss kiss

I'm beginning to think you're either a girl or a man-bytch.  You sound gay to be honest, maybe it's just the internet.
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Feb 04, 2012
Since I was a younging, Owerri has been known as the cleanest town in Nigeria. Not certain why we need a thread a year for this topic.
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 11:39pm On Feb 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I'm beginning to think you're either a girl or a man-bytch.  You sound gay to be honest, maybe it's just the internet.
Madam!! which side of the bed do you wake up from? i tire oh,i cant belive it or do you want to try me to no if am gay or not?bring it to me on the plate let me deal with it b.i.t.c.h  cool
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by poweredcom(m): 11:39pm On Feb 04, 2012
Abuja is the cleanest city in not only Nigeria but all of Africa. By the way, why is no Yoruba or Hausa state being mentioned here? Shebi una no get clean cities?

Why and what brought tribe here in this discussion now, people like you are very intolerable
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by babaowo: 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2012
I think is borno with boko bomber! Lol
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by igboboy1(m): 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2012
ak47mann:

Madam!! which side of the bed do you wake up from? i tire oh,i cant belive it or do you want to try me to no if am gay or not?bring it to me on the plate let me deal with it b.i.t.c.h  cool

touch her at your own peril, No be every thing wey get t.ot.o na im amu suppose enter,
She is still a virgin (and it is not by choice). You suppose ask y the whole ekiti bachelor dey see am dey cover nose (go figure)
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 11:46pm On Feb 04, 2012
igbo boy:

touch her at your own peril, No be every thing wey get t.ot.o na im amu suppose enter,
She is still a virgin (and it is not by choice). You suppose ask y the whole ekiti bachelor dey see am dey cover nose (go figure)
i wonder oh cool
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 12:36am On Feb 05, 2012
afam4eva:

How are there only 3 cities in Nigeria? Please let's stop these delusions. The world is watching.

If Owerri is considered a city, then we may well have over 300 cities in Nigeria.

Anyway there is no particularly accepted definition of a city so it is more or less Abagworo's definition.
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:05am On Feb 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Jeez, haba Ileke, why would you say such of him? Na wa for you o, chalay, cool down, ok
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 1:46am On Feb 05, 2012
@Abagoro
So, what's wrong with having 300 cities in Nigeria? The US has more than that.

1 Like

Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 05, 2012
manny4life:

Jeez, haba Ileke, why would you say such of him? Na wa for you o, chalay, cool down, ok
Hey babe,
I couldnt find a nicer way to put it. Dude sounds gay 90% of the time. And na which kain guy use kissey faces, even when replying to other guys.
Just an observation.

Hope you dey enjoy life sha.
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:55am On Feb 05, 2012
ak47mann:

Do you even know what "it" looks like? grin small boy like you, go and find tire and stick jor tongue
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12am On Feb 05, 2012
Owerri is one of cleanest cities in 9ja
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by jimctu: 2:20am On Feb 05, 2012
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by bashr8: 3:43am On Feb 05, 2012
i think its between owerri ,enugu and calabar, i will go with enugu city first cus its much bigger than owerri and calabar.
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by bashr8: 3:45am On Feb 05, 2012
sandiyke:

Abeg make una let me hear word!!! ABA is the cleanest. LORL!!!
aba use to be very clean and organised in the 80s and early 90s but its now the laughing stock of the southeast. pls dont mention aba again, you should have mentioned umuahia the capital city of abia which is another very neat city
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by HighChief4(m): 3:51am On Feb 05, 2012
Most eastern states are clean, but I think Enugu, Calabar, and Owerri(in no particular order) top the list
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by oatlala(m): 4:30am On Feb 05, 2012
Ilorin has been recorded the cleanest in past years and it is still the cleanest city in nigeria ###GBAM##
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by odumchi: 4:48am On Feb 05, 2012
Man, Owerre is beautiful. The whole time, I was enjoying that Sunny Bobo song they were playing. . .

Owurukwa ndi Owerre wo asi 'ihe oma ri nma'  grin
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:43am On Feb 05, 2012
Hmmmm, CooL threAd but it seems most of you are ignorant of certain things, have been to both calabar n owerri, I pick calabar,
Re: Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:21am On Feb 05, 2012
Abagworo:

If Owerri is considered a city, then we may well have over 300 cities in Nigeria.

Anyway there is no particularly accepted definition of a city so it is more or less Abagworo's definition.
Who told u owerri is nt a çity. Go thère & see for ùrself if u've nt been there b4.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JTF Kills 17 Gunmen & Defuse Bombs In Kano / States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure / President Buhari Receives Borno State Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.