Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (821146 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by royalsweetness(f): 10:31am On Aug 19, 2014
For those trying to book a flight, I used www.skyscanner.net. I think its a really easy way to compare prices of different airlines plus they get to send you notifications when prices drop.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 10:31am On Aug 19, 2014
royalsweetness:
Lol really exhausting, I've taken a three week holiday sha, going to Nigeria next week, I miss my boyfriend Ebola stricken country cheesy grin

You are a character grin, enjoy your ebola free trip and don't bring some back with you grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2014
spikesC: i don dump emirates ooo
i booked royal air maroc for friday, 1 stop at cassablanca, just 4 hours of waiting and 20k plus cheaper than emirates. Na so body dey sweet me

Who want go waste 8hrs for dubai

Was even wrong. Just 2hrs waiting time cool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by sukber: 11:20am On Aug 19, 2014
spikesC:

Was even wrong. Just 2hrs waiting time cool
Hahaaaahaaa!! Good 4 u bro!! Time was d deciding factor 4 me ooo!!
Baba I don dey chop 4 energy, cos I stil have anoda 2hrs to travel 2 Bristol.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2014
sukber:
Hahaaaahaaa!! Good 4 u bro!! Time was d deciding factor 4 me ooo!!
Baba I don dey chop 4 energy, cos I stil have anoda 2hrs to travel 2 Bristol.

Me too. Waiting for 8hrs in dubai is something i no fit dream of sad

Infact, my waiting time when returning from UK to Nigeria is just 50 mins grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by princessayinke: 11:42am On Aug 19, 2014
So no travel companion for me today Its gonna be a long boring journey ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 11:58am On Aug 19, 2014
princessayinke: So no travel companion for me today Its gonna be a long boring journey ooo

Awww, sorry eeh. Just carry ur ear phone with you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DonOms(m): 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
royalsweetness:

Lol missed you too, Uni is on a loooong break, and I've been trying to earn my tuition back by working all the hours I can get cheesy grin How have u been?

I've been good, thank you. Finishing up my dissertation. Hmm, making back all the money shocked grin remember to share o... there is love in sharing grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DonOms(m): 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
royalsweetness:
Lol really exhausting, I've taken a three week holiday sha, going to Nigeria next week, I miss my boyfriend Ebola stricken country cheesy grin

Hehe.. I'm with Justwise on this o. Anyway, thanks to God, report has it that the EVD patients are getting well (5 cured so far) so no cause for alarm if you travel home. However, no shaking of hands, or all those *you know* grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by paradisewoods: 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
Please guy, is there anyone in University of Sunderland on this thread. Please guyz I need a positive answer. cryPlease guy, is there anyone in University of Sunderland on this thread. Please guyz I need a positive answer.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DonOms(m): 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
paradisewoods: Please guy, is there anyone in University of Sunderland on this thread. Please guyz I need a positive answer. cryPlease guy, is there anyone in University of Sunderland on this thread. Please guyz I need a positive answer.

What do you need to know? Others might be able to help even though they don't attend UoS.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emmagency(m): 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
I finally settled for a 2-way ticket...through KLM..Lagos to London (1hr45mins transit in Amsterdam), return flight 1hr10 mins transit... Got it for N192k
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 3sha4lyf: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Please shed more light on this cos I already decided to book arik one way. Is it the arik officials that will stop you from boarding or who? It doesn't make sense considering I'll be there for a year

Oh yeah, heard frm people bout arik staff refusing people from boarding a flight cos they had no return leg. However, now i can add that a closer look shows that they were on probably visit visa C. So I'm not too sure if that's only applicable to the Visit visa or all types. A previous poster says you should be fine with it, so I guess you should, again, if it's cheaper. smiley.
Tx @ Futuredon

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Oh yeah, heard frm people bout arik staff refusing people from boarding a flight cos they had no return leg. However, now i can add that a closer look shows that they were on probably visit visa C. So I'm not too sure if that's only applicable to the Visit visa or all types. A previous poster says you should be fine with it, so I guess you should, again, if it's cheaper. smiley.
Tx @ Futuredon

Thank you! and Yes its madly cheap if booked now for mid-September onward.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Olola15(m): 11:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Footlocker: 1 room available in a 5bedroom family house! Location : London, East dulwich.

how much?? is it all inclusive
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Footlocker(m): 12:19am On Aug 20, 2014
Olola15:

£500 pcm! All inclusive!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 1:44am On Aug 20, 2014
Olola15:

Family house?

No think am!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Olola15(m): 1:58am On Aug 20, 2014
735i:
Family house?
No think am!!!!!

why?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by TeamclicksAir: 2:26am On Aug 20, 2014
Emmagency: I finally settled for a 2-way ticket...through KLM..Lagos to London (1hr45mins transit in Amsterdam), return flight 1hr10 mins transit... Got it for N192k
whats the departure and return date.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 6:53am On Aug 20, 2014
Olola15:

Not a good idea, sharing with other students is better.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Footlocker(m): 10:50am On Aug 20, 2014
justwise:

Not a good idea, sharing with other students is better.
. If your going to cast aspersions on something, you should provide a reason. At least for those who may be wondering why!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 11:30am On Aug 20, 2014
Footlocker: . If your going to cast aspersions on something, you should provide a reason. At least for those who may be wondering why!

Sharing 5bedroom flat with a family as a student is like renting a corner in B&B or being a lodger, you hardly get student experience or have much say about what goes on in the house, it get even worst if the family got kids, kitchen, toilet and bathroom will be in a mess. Privacy is not always there and there is not much you can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 11:35am On Aug 20, 2014
DonOms: @ochukoccna: How are you? I trust you're well and having fun. The GTB rate as at 14th August is #277.7 per £. I've not noticed it go past #278.5 lately except it does this week.
The Don! tongue
How you dey?
I had made my transaction (before reading your post) and its 278.8 as at yesterday wit their usual 420 naira service charge embarassed
Still better than last month's 286
How project things, hope its not so stressed
Me too am feeling the project heat
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emmagency(m): 11:39am On Aug 20, 2014
TeamclicksAir: whats the departure and return date.

9th September and 1st July respectively
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Footlocker(m): 11:45am On Aug 20, 2014
justwise:

Sharing 5bedroom flat with a family as a student is like renting a corner in B&B or being a lodger, you hardly get student experience or have much say about who goes on in the house, it get even worst if the family got kids, kitchen, toilet and bathroom will be in a mess. Privacy is not always there and there is not much you can do about it.
Good! Now that's what you should have said In the first place! However correct does not apply to every household! Family house those not mean it's occupied by family members at this current time! As learned people it's best not to jump to conclusions without facts!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emmagency(m): 11:46am On Aug 20, 2014
Hello all, please I'm planning on opening a diamond bank account as I'm getting tired of those yeye first bank guys...considering the fact that diamond also has a branch in London does anyone have an idea how they compare to FB in terms of quality of service, flexibility and reliability..?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 11:46am On Aug 20, 2014
justwise:

Sharing 5bedroom flat with a family as a student is like renting a corner in B&B or being a lodger, you hardly get student experience or have much say about what goes on in the house, it get even worst if the family got kids, kitchen, toilet and bathroom will be in a mess. Privacy is not always there and there is not much you can do about it.

Also, you're at the mercy of the parents behaviour regarding how they treat people. Your movement is literally controlled by them, you can't have friends and get the freedom as you want etc. Infact, imagine still being under your parents who's naturally a control freak. Just like you said, you hardly get student experience.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 11:51am On Aug 20, 2014
Footlocker: Good! Now that's what you should have said In the first place! However correct does not apply to every household! Family house those not mean it's occupied by family members at this current time! As learned people it's best not to jump to conclusions without facts!

Oh please stop it, when you said
Footlocker: 1 room available in a 5bedroom family house! Location : London, East dulwich
the impression one get is that the house is occupied by the family renting one empty room out hence my comment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2014
spikesC:

Also, you're at the mercy of the parents behaviour regarding how they treat people. Your movement is literally controlled by them, you can't have friends and get the freedom as you want etc. Infact, imagine still being under your parents who's naturally a control freak. Just like you said, you hardly get student experience.

Spot on!!!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Footlocker(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2014
spikesC:

hmm can't argue with that! Everybody has different lifestyle, clearly isn't for everybody!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Footlocker(m): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2014
justwise: [/b]

Oh please stop it, when you said the impression one get is that the house is occupied by the family renting one empty room out hence my comment.
You choose to have that impression! I can't help the way you think!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 11:58am On Aug 20, 2014
Footlocker: You choose to have that impression! I can't help the way you think!

Oga!!! You didn't phrase your statement correctly… Justwise had the impression, i also had same….i'm sure a couple of people who read it also did…
Just admit your statement wasn't properly phrased. SIMPLE!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.