Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,186 members, 7,880,701 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:18 AM

Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? (5643 Views)

Woman In Labour Insists On Voting, Delivers Baby Shortly After Voting In Sokoto / Buhari:i Changed My Mind On Voting Buhari After Reading This. / PDP Primaries: Party Insists On Voting At Presidential Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by vladimiros: 8:54pm On Feb 05, 2012
jeez, look at Adamawa now,

funny thing is, when things go bad all those who voted PDP in that state would complain like they want change, but when election time comes

we all know what they would sing "PDP, PDP, PDP'

Nigerians and elections is a classical example of the phrase " Rinse and Repeat"
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Kilode1: 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2012
Read my location signature. It's been there since April 2011.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Beaf: 9:16pm On Feb 05, 2012
I'll ask a simple question:
What is the alternative to voting PDP? A fairytale? Fantasy?

Everywhere you look Nigeria, there are mushroom parties built on ethnicity and mushroom thinking, all hurdled in ugly bigotted enclaves. It is fair to say that there is only one mature party in Nigeria today, that is the PDP. The rest are just ethnic champs, that are even more corrupt than the PDP.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by vladimiros: 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2012
@ Beaf,

we can just try and vote for a "change"

if CPC wins Election where everyone expected them to lose to PDP you think they would seat back and relax and do nada?
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Beaf: 9:21pm On Feb 05, 2012
vladimiros:

@ Beaf,

we can just try and vote for a "change"

if CPC wins Election where everyone expected them to lose to PDP you think they would seat back and relax and do nada?

Choi! Olorun ma je! After the youth corpers? shocked
As far as I am concerned, CPC is one of the worst things to have risen out of the soil. Better to have ANPP, APGA, Labour or DPP.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by stiyke(m): 9:24pm On Feb 05, 2012
Cause the alternative are frustrated PDP defectors. Cause the alternatives are worse crooks, cause the alternatives blab and gabble when asked for blueprint of how they would do it differently. Cause the alternative are not sincere and engage in dirty fighting. Cause the alternative are bad loosers. Cause the alternative are insincere, looking at their personal lives you will see volumes that they would be worse. List goes on and on.
I am no fan of PDP but havent seen any better than they are. If you have list the example.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by vladimiros: 9:24pm On Feb 05, 2012
Choi! Olorun ma je! After the youth corpers?
As far as I am concerned, CPC is one of the worst things to have risen out of the soil. Better to have ANPP, APGA, Labour or DPP.

common you can't blame buhari for that, those Almajri probably can't even recognize Buhari if he stood infront of them but that just an example

ANC, is my ideal party but they seem to love their south west stronghold, wish they were more ambitious
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Beaf: 9:34pm On Feb 05, 2012
vladimiros:

common you can't blame buhari for that, those Almajri probably can't even recognize Buhari if he stood infront of them but that just an example

ANC, is my ideal party but they seem to love their south west stronghold, wish they were more ambitious

Thats what I'm talking about, bruv. There is no serious party outside the PDP (weaknesses and all).
Nobody is going to vote for a party that they feel would only serve a sectional or ethnic interest; PDP is the only party whose umbrella shelters all. Other parties have a lot of work to do to evoke a national aura, but all they seem good at is spreading false rumours and stoking flames.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by vladimiros: 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2012
But still,

oh well, through ur comments it obvious that PDP would be in power as long as they wish,

honestly my final advice would be for Nigeria to be a 2 party state,
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by adino(m): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2012
the alternatives blueprint is to insult pdp and heap all naija problems on pdp wtht stating wat they ll do differently.Nigerians simply knw dat the alternatives are simply jokers,political charlatans and pdp rejects(just imagne how useless a reject of a supposed bad party like pdp will turn out to be). with today result in Adamawa it is obvious that: CPC IS DEAD AND BURIED, ACN WILL SOON BE FINISHED WITH ONLY IRRELEVANT STATES IN THEIR HOLD LIKE OSUN AND EKITI.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Kobojunkie: 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2012
Ignorance and Lack of access to information to help them make better decisions.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by vladimiros: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2012
alternatives are simply jokers,political charlatans and pdp rejects(just imagne how useless a reject of a supposed bad party like pdp will turn out to be).

what you said is so funny, but is 100% truth
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2012
Nigerians, a vast majority, are "ignorant". When I use that word, I dont mean they are "stup.id" or "I.di,ots", it just means they are not enlightened and most of them dont even know that theres a better life for them; all they know is the suffering that theyve always known, and their fathers before them have known. Theres no other reason why a Mob Organization like PDP will give you N20 to sell your future and you'll take it. They dont know better.

For more understanding of what I wrote, scroll up to Kobojunkie's post.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by jmaine: 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2012
The alternatives are not always alternatives
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by sheyguy: 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2012
vladimiros:

what you said is so funny, but is 100% truth
unfortunately i don't see anything true in that comment. To show how clueless Pdp is, all their die-hard fans here av not stated one positive aspect of Pdp. All they av done so far is criticize the alternatives to pdp.
As for me the greatest flaw of PDP that makes them inferior to the like ACN is their lack of ideology or direction. PDP is just a the shortest cut for those who want in.
Its like a cult. Though parties hardly affects qualities of leaders they produce PDP is a classic case of a party that can negate good qualities of any leader it produce. The no. 1 most times are meant to be figure heads.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by vladimiros: 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2012
unfortunately i don't see anything true in that comment. To show how clueless Pdp is, all their die-hard fans here av not stated one positive aspect of Pdp. All they av done so far is criticize the alternatives to pdp.
As for me the greatest flaw of PDP that makes them inferior to the like ACN is their lack of ideology or direction. PDP is just a the shortest cut for those who want in.
Its like a cult. Though parties hardly affects qualities of leaders they produce PDP is a classic case of a party that can negate good qualities of any leader it produce. The no. 1 most times are meant to be figure heads.

i GET UR POINT BUT LET BE HONEST THE PDP fans have a point,

what are the TRUE alternatives?

ACN are the only level headed ones but they are not "ambitious" enough, it seems they are ok with the south west and that final for them, thje rest are pdp rejects
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2012
adino:

the alternatives blueprint is to insult pdp and heap all naija problems on pdp wtht stating wat they ll do differently.Nigerians simply knw dat[size=13pt] the alternatives are simply jokers,political charlatans and pdp rejects(just imagne how useless a reject of a supposed bad party like pdp will turn out to be). [/size]with today result in Adamawa it is obvious that: CPC IS DEAD AND BURIED, ACN WILL SOON BE FINISHED WITH ONLY IRRELEVANT STATES IN THEIR HOLD LIKE OSUN AND EKITI.
The highlighted is one of the oldest lies told, and born out of ignorance on the part of those who tell and believe this lie.

There are so many potentially better leaders out there(CPC is not the only party at the local or national levels so continuing to whine about CPC does not make this lie any less pathetic). Some with records of service far better than anything those we recycle can boast of, even after decades in service. We have people who have never been in politics, trying hard to break in but continually swept to the side because ignorant and lack of Education on the most part continues to cause majority to vote back the old problems, election after election.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by sheyguy: 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
Beaf:

I'll ask a simple question:
What is the alternative to voting PDP? A fairytale? Fantasy?

Everywhere you look Nigeria, there are mushroom parties built on ethnicity and mushroom thinking, all hurdled in ugly bigotted enclaves. It is fair to say that there is only one mature party in Nigeria today, that is the PDP. The rest are just ethnic champs, that are even more corrupt than the PDP.
Pdp is our major Party today because of poverty and greed. They started off from the old corrupt cabal which cut accross all ethnic groups and av so far exploited poverty amongs the people to spread their tentacles. If PDP was truly a mature party
that is beyond 'ethnicity and mushroom thinking', why do the have an arrangement for power sharing between the southerners and Northerners in the party?
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Babamide(m): 11:13pm On Feb 05, 2012
I don't agree that people still vote for pdp. I just imagine that pdp always finds a way to win elections
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by hasyak(m): 11:31pm On Feb 05, 2012
we deserve the leaders we get!
the truth is, the level of poverty has gotten spiritual, so people cant even think anymore, they sell their future for kobo and pdp have the money to confuse the masses.
if not so, then tell me after 12 yrs see where we are and they still win elections it just beat my imaginations, most we vote for a party? why not vote for individuals based on character
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 05, 2012
The angle from which I want to look at this is to ask a question: What is a political party? The distinguishing characteristic of a political party, in my opinion, is the existence of a clearly defined ideology which will become its Unique Selling Proposition, the main thing (or things) which will form the basis for any policy it will sell to the electorate. Therefore the political parties that evolved in the UK in the 18th century (Tories and Whigs) had different ideologies: The Tories (Conservatives) believed that the powers of the king should be maintained and used as the primary instrument of state policy; the Whigs (liberals) believed in having a weaker crown and a stronger parliament in order to maintain the growth of modern democracy which was taking root. In the newly independent US, the Federalist party wanted a stronger federal govt (hence the name) while the Democratic-Republican party wanted a loose confederation of highly autonomous states.

My point with all of this is to show us that Nigeria doesn't really have political parties in the true sense; what we have can best be called franchises. They are just different platforms to get into power. I therefore do not really see any difference between a PDP or an ACN or a CPC or all the rest (except for their names and logos).

It follows therefore, that pending the time we are able to evolve a properly functioning political system comprising true political parties with clearly defined ideologies underpinned by a sophisticated and enlightened voting public, we have no choice but to vote for individuals rather than "party" platforms. I therefore believe that we are ripe for the introduction of independent candidature so as to enable those Nigerians who are passionate about this country and have something to offer but may not be able to bribe or intimidate their way through any of the platforms provided to have a chance to get into elective office. This, in my opinion, is the best short-term solution to our current leadership crisis.

My two cents.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 06, 2012
The population of the poor majority is what puts PDP's politicians in office almost all the time. No other party is as "popular" as PDP is on a national level, and that's why any dick and harry who becomes PDP's flag bearer always has a better chance of winning. There are so many VERY weak parties in the country with flag bearers who can not actively come out to convince the POOR or make powerful national campaigns. Like in the last election, I only got to know some of the presidential aspirants when I went to the voting center, too bad!! sad If some of the opposition parties can not merge to form more powerful groups then na grass dem go continue to dey chop because no body know them. cry
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by bulksms247(m): 9:25am On Feb 06, 2012
Am not a politics fanatic but to be truthful, I agree with beaf that all other parties are built on ethnicity. When it comes to maturity there are few political parties that I can say that are matured, let's put aside corruption cause every political party in Nigeria is corrupt, the matured political party that is not built on ethnicity are PDP, APGA and few others But political parties based on ethnicity the number one party built
on tribalism are 1. CPC after dem ACN follows. I rather vote for APGA or PDP than vote in tribalism. That's the simple truth
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 06, 2012
lol see naira land convert "Dic(k) and Harry" to "joystick and harry" LWKMD grin
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by yoji: 9:36am On Feb 06, 2012
To complain is fashionable that's all!
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:39am On Feb 06, 2012
Simple;

PDP is the only de-tribalized party in Nigeria.

ACN = Yoruba Party (Yoruba Party)

CPC = Ndi Ugwu Party (Hausa Party)

APGA = Ummunna Party (Igbo Party)

PDP = The Peoples Party.

The rest are so small, they are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

If you want to unseat PDP, you need an independent party with grounds.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Claus(m): 9:41am On Feb 06, 2012
The question of voting PDP or not is a very short term issue and won't bring much difference to Nigeria's political environment.

It's when the cream of the population start to get involved in grassroots politics that we'll begin to see some change. We need the brightest and the best to start proving themselves in the local council, local government arenas. Once all these local councils are densely populated by the very best, in years to come, this caliber of politicians will start bubbling up to the top of political parties. As it is the leaders of the other major opposition political parties are no better than PDP leaders.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by kjhova(m): 9:43am On Feb 06, 2012
To @Beaf & her supporters, what maturity are u talking about in PDP? a party with uncountable in-fighting, with an unworkable zoning formula, with the fight btw d sitting president & a sitting governor (Bayelsa)??
And who said Acn is an ethnic enclave? Have you even bothered to see d results frm Adamawa? ACN came a close 2nd!!! In d north & u call d party an ethnic crew?
@op, the people do not always vote for PDP. Did you not hear of d PDP ex-honorable that was nabbed with several ballot boxes & paper in this same Adamawa excersice? PDP rigs beyond what decent men can comprehend & they also hoodwink d truly ignorant with I'll-gotten funds.
Above all, d supposedly enlightened usually don't vote talk less of campaigning for a choice candidate, enlightening their communities; Neva even mind joining a political party!
Why should you then complain?
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:44am On Feb 06, 2012
PDP Election=Election rigging, appeals@tribunals, verdict, then true winner
Until d court speaks PDP has not won!!!
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Afam4eva(m): 9:50am On Feb 06, 2012
All parties in Nigeria are the same thing. Only a short-sighted myopia will say PDP is the problem with Nigeria. As if other parties are any better.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:50am On Feb 06, 2012
It's not a question of why Nigerians keep votin PDP but why can't we have free/fair elections under a PDP incumbent govt
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by karlmax2: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2012
DrummaBoy:
PDP Election=Election rigging, appeals@tribunals, verdict, thenĀ  true winner
Until d court speaks PDP has not won!!!

Ur rite!! We all saw how the ACN conducted its own free and fair election and the action film that followed in when the results were announced!!! Hypogracracy is a disease try and get urself cured!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WARRI - Where Did It All Go Wrong? / Atiku Makes U-turn Congratulates Buhari ,withdraws Election Petition (SEE SHOCKI / Efcc Official Facebook post that got people laughing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.