Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,448 members, 7,888,397 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:47 AM

National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live (6714 Views)

APC Governorship Campaign In Lagos: Live Pictures / PDP Governors Forum Interactive Session, Lagos, Live On NTA /AIT And Channels. / Oshiomhole Escapes Being Beaten At Meeting Of National Dialogue In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by Kilode1: 10:50pm On Feb 06, 2012
afam4eva:

Why is it so difficult for the government to agree to a sovereign national conference? That just shows that the government is phony and do not care for the people of Nigeria. Is a sovereign conference too much to ask from the government?

I wonder for Ogas GEJ and David Mark.

Anyway, you can't expect a looter to reform himself, you have to force him to do it, when we get tired we will force them.

We never suffer reach
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by Kay17: 11:19pm On Feb 06, 2012
Ppl should be made aware that its not all our problems that would be solved by SNC, boko haram wouldn't recognize newly drawn borders. For other parts other than Niger Delta, funds will become an issue, security and further fragmentation would also be a concern.

Our bargaining power in the international arena will be greatly reduced. The role SNC will perform is to preside over the funeral of Nigeria. And where will the legal basis for SNC come from? No government has the power to call up such a body with sovereign powers, the Constitution sees itself as the sovereign will of the ppl and it contains no provisions for a SNC.
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by auwal87(m): 11:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
What baffles me much is the people saying they willing to die to keep Nigeria one. They cannot die for Nigerians, but they can die for Nigeria. This is a serious thing to note in any SNC. Unity cannot happen just like that, it is a process which Nigeria never follows from the beginning. The whole system is a failure. Let's assume tomorrow Africa is united, and oil funds from the Niger Delta automatically diverts to Central Bank of Africa not Nigeria, and instead Nigeria gets its own share of the oil. shocked

The number 1 reason why they shout one Nigeria is for them to keep looting, they are very addicted to looting, especially people from the part of the country that is getting the money without any effort. (North). Even though it happens all over the country, North with all its problems is supposed to be steadfast in development instead of looting.

The people that in this summit are no doubt more intelligent and wise than the elrufai who called them fools. He is the biggest fool to me, because he is also part of the roasted problem called Nigeria, and he will never want to see the end of it.
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by chuxyn: 12:56am On Feb 07, 2012
Nice move, this is surely the beginning of something new. and we shouldn't give so much attention to some northern retrogressives, I suggest a website be opened for this forum so that all Enlightened and Educated Nigerians from every part of the country (North and South) can make there contributions and be a part of the discussion for a better future. if we keep depending on just the few notable northern leaders that have succeeded over the years in impoverishing their people and producing elements like bokoharam to be a part of this countries progress, then we are making a mistake because they are indeed the problem of this country and the ones perpetually drawing us backwards as a nation
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 07, 2012
Use a blackberry? Add me on BBm. Pin:26BE3874. Everybody's welcome wink
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by Kay17: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2012
Of course all Nigeria's problems would be heaped on the North, the region has the worst degree of poverty and ignorance in the country, they are still affected by strange and supposedly extinct diseases. its not like the oil funds reach there.

All the money goes greed politicans in all the regions, our ethnic differences are superficial.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lessons I Learnt From Being An Obama Volunteer / My "Oga At The Top" Obafaiye Shem Sunday Attended UNILAG / FCT: S' Court's Judgement In 2008 Mandated A Candidate To Score At Least 25%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.