Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,435 members, 7,888,349 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:51 AM

National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai (7777 Views)

Ogun State At 40: List Of Dignitaries From Ogun / Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” / National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by texazzpete(m): 9:27am On Feb 07, 2012
Gbawe:

Save the pedantism. It does  not work with me. Are you a mind reader to know that "some" excludes Balarabe Musa and includes Fani Kayode? Is Fani Kayode 70? Are you El Rufai's offciial spokesman to know those EL Rufai is adressing?

Like El Rufai, you also should have remained silent instead of offering this lame argument because a logical take of issue means that insulting those who are 40 and 70 , without specifically naming  anyone, covers most attending the conference.

Once again, i'll point you to the word 'some' used by El-Rufai. No one can state with any reasonable certainty that his vitriol covered everyone at the conference. Neither can anyone say that the 40 and 70 represents a range as your last line insinuates.

I am no more of a 'mind reader' or 'spokesman' than you are. I cannot say for certain who he meant the 'f'ool' tag for, but then neither can you! You made an earlier statement that 'Balarabe Musa is one of those he referred to as a fool'. how do you know this for sure?

I myself can identify several fools in that panel. People like Fani-kayode should not be surprised at being labelled as fools. I have had nothing but disdain for Femi Falana after he made that incredibly brainless call demanding that Obama must pay reparations to Nigeria for the trans-atlantic slave trade.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by DrummaBoy(m): 9:37am On Feb 07, 2012
Where did he say he it
The OP has not given any concrete proof/link that El-Rufai said a thing like that!
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by baslone: 9:47am On Feb 07, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

While he's entitled to his own opinion, i'm yet to read his condemnation of BOKO HARAM anywhere.

. . . . . . and unfortunately hasn't given you the chance to rain curses on him like you did others that did!

Too bad!
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by executinal(m): 9:57am On Feb 07, 2012
Aboki is always Aboki grin
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by icez: 10:00am On Feb 07, 2012
executinal:

Aboki is always Aboki grin

grin
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 07, 2012
It is impossible to know where an ABOKI MAN Belongs. They are chameleons and now they dont believe they can survive on their own even after claiming of having numerous mineral resources undecided
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by juman(m): 10:08am On Feb 07, 2012
I can see that many people here are surprised that he said that. He is another set of leaders in the north that people think should be able to work with all others.

Certainly nigeria needs adjustment. The summit is a step towards new nigeria.

Well, nobody is afraid of very big war.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by jeebz: 10:20am On Feb 07, 2012
Pot calling Kettle black, He should just keep quiet
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by MEGAWATCH: 10:33am On Feb 07, 2012
From your comments here, I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT MOST OF US IN NAIRALAND LACKS HOME TRAINING,THAT IS WHY WE REASON THE WAY WE REASON. I no blame una shaa,na una papa and mama i dey blame.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by richidinho(m): 10:47am On Feb 07, 2012
all wat we are saying,

Share this country
Share this country
Share this country
Share this country
Share this country
give me my dream Niger Delta Republic
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Gbawe: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2012
Kachi01:

Is just a pity that some people who want to comand respect do not deem it fit to respect others.

Indeed.

texazzpete:

Once again, i'll point you to the word 'some' used by El-Rufai. No one can state with any reasonable certainty that his vitriol covered everyone at the conference. Neither can anyone say that the 40 and 70 represents a range as your last line insinuates.

I am no more of a 'mind reader' or 'spokesman' than you are. I cannot say for certain who he meant the 'f'ool' tag for, but then neither can you! You made an earlier statement that 'Balarabe Musa is one of those he referred to as a fool'. how do you know this for sure?

I myself can identify several fools in that panel. People like Fani-kayode should not be surprised at being labelled as fools. I have had nothing but disdain for Femi Falana after he made that incredibly brainless call demanding that Obama must pay reparations to Nigeria for the trans-atlantic slave trade.

My guy, while not wishing to drag this on for too long merely for the sake of pedantism, I think it is clear I can infer that Balarabe Musa is one of those deemed a "fool" by EL Rufai because , numerically, he is in the age group EL Rufai specifically mentions. I am not a fan of Fani-Kayode but it seems ludicrous El Rufai would tag the gathering of many eminent and well respected Nigerians as one to avoid because he does not wish to mingle with "fools" at 40 and 70.

Are you telling us EL Rufai, because of Fani-Kayode or the few others he has issues with, should make this statement that cannot be taken as anything other than a blanket insult against those who attended the conference? Why does El Rufai not show real class and intelligence by staying his tongue so as not to offend those worthy of respect? You think Balarabe Musa, Utomi et al will wake up today and think EL Rufai cannot be referring to them?  The most basic of commonsense informs us that EL Rufai, if truly a gracious fellow, should respectfully say nothing if he genuinely holds some Nigerians who attended this conference in high esteem. Making vague and blanket statement simply indicates he is dismissive of others, petulant and self-absorbed. Balarabe Musa, for example, called for GEJ to be be sworn in as acting President. Unless I missed it, EL Rufai, throughout that period, was silent and MIA (missing in action).

El Rufai should cool it. Simple as that. No one is saying he cannot still serve Nigeria well but he must learn humility and understand the notion that hardliners, unable to accomodate criticism or tolerate the independent actions of others who have paid their dues, never last let alone get the chance to lead at the highest level.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 07, 2012
Me_Aboki:

Careful, your bigotry is showing. How did religion and ethnicity creep into the content of his conversation? He simply expressed an opinion or isn't he entitled that - if I may guess, because it doesn't agree with yours. SMH shocked

Worse than corruption; ethnicity (Hausa/Fulani especially) and religion (espcially Islam as practiced by ther Hausa Fulani) are the bedrocks of our disunity. Check the statistics, which region has seen the continuos slaughter of fellow Nigerians with the slightest and sometimes stupid excuses? Akaluka's head on a spike over torn koran readily comes to mind. Miss world riots comes to mind.

If Allah as understood by the Hausa Fulani has given them the right to kill at will, then we can't belong to the same country. They come to our place and live at full liberty and they wwould burn churches, burn houses, burn shops and celebrate in a thanksgiving to Allah. It is a shame. Are Yorubas not Moslems? haBa!1
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Yinkay: 12:01pm On Feb 07, 2012
El Rufai is begining to sound like a dog in the manger, cannot eat hay,will not allow those that can eat hay do so. What does he want really? Those in govt are not good,those trying to proffer solution are fools, he is the only one that is perfect.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by adamaw2tuf: 12:17pm On Feb 07, 2012
why are people surprised that he made such a coment anyway?this is really what he and his fellow wicked minded group do each time there seems to be a move to honestly adress the murdering and suffering systems they force upon us,they ll only resort on insulting everybody.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Pato5(m): 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2012
Hey, BREAKING NEWS
some scientists whom av spent almost a decade studyin d DNA of northern nigerians(xpecially jihadishly sharia aspirin moslims) jst discoverd a chromosome dat contains a trait d called "bigotric BORN 2 RULE" wich makes dem acquire political power no mata d cost(human lives) involve. Bt d ar now faced wit crushing dis trait in collaboration wit d best brains in GENETIC engineerin.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by millionbuc(m): 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2012
Consistency is what makes a leader truly great and respected. Calling those holding the conference fools is
completely un called for and foolish of Elrufai for four reasons;

1) At his level he should not talk like a tout.

2) He should atleast respect elders

3) He should stand by what he preaches.

4) He should stop seeking cheap attention.  

http://5slate..com/2012/01/fuel-subsidy-protest-in-lagos.html
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Reference(m): 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2012
When he was championing the cause of the masses in opposition to fuel subsidy removal then he was cool and many were swayed. I am just amazed at some reactions here. Some are taken aback, flaberghasted. Some will even venture a defence, surely it wasn't him. Others try and excuse the situation. Oh, he was refering to particular people there and not generalising. They say afterall Balarabe Musa is there as if we don't know who Balarabe Musa is, what he represents and how he is seen on both sides of the divide being created there.

Nigerians are so finicky whereas these guys know exactly what they are doing and say so in clear terms. Most of us especially on this thread do not understand this country at all so we just flow and ebb with the wind hanging onto anything that looks remotely like hope and so believing a lie, any lie. What kind of mentality is that. They tell us the truth boldly to our faces. We on the other hand find excuses for them. Oh well, what a way to go.

My personal advice. Never, never count on individuals. They are never reliable. El Rufai is not referring to individuals, he is adressing systems and institutions.
Two, always wait for outcomes before responding. Never be in a haste to praise or condemn these individuals. Rather look at their antecedents to observe patterns. Where a man is coming from is a good indication of where he is going or where he will end up. Men rarely fundamentally change. Their beliefs, ideologies are more or less sacrosanct. Thinking otherwise is an exercise in self delusion.

Personally I am pleased with the way things are going on in Nigeria and I will always say it. The ideological shift in Nigeria occassioned by the the present political dispensation though many like it not is probably the best thing that has happened to Nigeria. Everyone is out in the open. No more pretenses. We are seeing them for whom they are.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by josite: 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2012
i must confess i did not listen to all that was being said but from the little i heard,the tuc rep and the miss nwosu a member of the local organising committee of the committee did justice to the forum when the former said the average nigeria problem is not national dialogue or confernce but food ,water and light and miss nwosu did brilliantly and boldly too when she declared those at the high table as retired politicians whose life has not impact posiitvely on the nigerian youths over the years.this lady deserves a national award and the jester nwodo tha sought to disgrace her as being rude to elders actually disgraced himself and has ignorantly represented himself to nigerians as a sycomphants held captive by his own idea of his self importance and the importance of the elements he described as eminent nigerians.due apology to falana who actually deserved to be labelled an eminent nigeria.

THE moderator oranta really shocked me when he labeelled some comments offered during the summits as frivolious convincing us all that he is not better in any way than the leaders who have brought nigeria to this sorry state.all the whole the summit is largely a talkshop for folks who are sincerely idle and i support el rufai on this.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Beaf: 2:58pm On Feb 07, 2012
Reference:

When he was championing the cause of the masses in opposition to fuel subsidy removal then he was cool and many were swayed. I am just amazed at some reactions here. Some are taken aback, flaberghasted. Some will even venture a defence, surely it wasn't him. Others try and excuse the situation. Oh, he was refering to particular people there and not generalising. They say afterall Balarabe Musa is there as if we don't know who Balarabe Musa is, what he represents and how he is seen on both sides of the divide being created there.

Nigerians are so finicky whereas these guys know exactly what they are doing and say so in clear terms. Most of us especially on this thread do not understand this country at all so we just flow and ebb with the wind hanging onto anything that looks remotely like hope and so believing a lie, any lie. What kind of mentality is that. They tell us the truth boldly to our faces. We on the other hand find excuses for them. Oh well, what a way to go.

My personal advice. Never, never count on individuals. They are never reliable. El Rufai is not referring to individuals, he is adressing systems and institutions.
Two, always wait for outcomes before responding. Never be in a haste to praise or condemn these individuals. Rather look at their antecedents to observe patterns. Where a man is coming from is a good indication of where he is going or where he will end up. Men rarely fundamentally change. Their beliefs, ideologies are more or less sacrosanct. Thinking otherwise is an exercise in self delusion.

Personally I am pleased with the way things are going on in Nigeria and I will always say it. The ideological shift in Nigeria occassioned by the the present political dispensation though many like it not is probably the best thing that has happened to Nigeria. Everyone is out in the open. No more pretenses. We are seeing them for whom they are.

The bolded is brilliant. In todays Nigeria, all persons, sections and motivations suddenly stand nak'ed; it really is the best thing that ever happened to us. Truths and hidden faces will be unmasked, and a greater tomorrow will be born out of today.

@topic
IMHO, something went badly wrong in the #Occupy movement. Just weeks ago, El Rufai was all too happy to lead such company, matching "for the people" against the subsidy removal; but today they are "fools at 40 or 70?" The man sounds like he is sour about something, perhaps something hidden from the public gaze. His words are a watershed for the opposition to find out their chameleons and identify those leaders among them who are truly morally upright, patriotic and who love their neighbours and their country.

I conclude that those at the summit seeking to forge a way out of the current chaotic structural mess that is Nigeria, are the true leaders. They are the ones who care for the people. El Rufai on the other hand, has identified himself as a creature of the status quo, a user and beguiler who is so scared of the prospects of a new dawn that he has dropped his pants in his panic issuance of unbecoming words.

Yes, I love this new Nigeria where grown ups are forced to dance na'ked.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by nduchucks: 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2012
Beaf:

I conclude that those at the summit seeking to forge a way out of the current chaotic structural mess that is Nigeria, are the true leaders. They are the ones who care for the people. El Rufai on the other hand, has identified himself as a creature of the status quo, a user and beguiler who is so scared of the prospects of a new dawn that he has dropped his pants in his panic issuance of unbecoming words.

Yes, I love this new Nigeria where grown ups are forced to dance na'ked.

Your celebrations are misplaced buddy. Your uncle, GEJ, the President and the Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces should be leading the effort to forge a way out of what you called current chaotic cultural and security mess. Unfortunately, his incompetence, lack of vision, and dumb handlers, are succeeding in setting us backwards for another 50 years.

Your talk of Truths and hidden faces being suddenly exposed simply shows ignorance. Nigerians have known these truths all along and also have known the people who have been robbing us blind for years. These are the same people who control the big guns and weapons, the millitary institutions, and political power. There is nothing new here.  The fools who are organizing useless conferences have no plans of defeating these powerful hostage takers nor have a clue as to how to do so.  Ponder the reasons why Soyinka in his wisdom chose to dissociate himself from the conference by shunning it. Rakumin dajij
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Heck: 4:06pm On Feb 07, 2012
Beaf, i just love your choice of words; especially the make ups and contours of verbiage in use. The last sentence is a deserving summary. That sentence even accommodates the judiciary that is clearly dancing naked. The presidency is not left out in her inept and beggarly summersault about the helpless child called nigerian she should protect. For El Rufai, I pity him. He is neither Hausa nor Fulani and will never be called into attendance when the men meet. Besides, he is a privileged illiterate who saw himself in government on quota sympathy. He may not understand the meaning of words used. If he lived in the 60's or fought for any independence he would not call his father a fool. God help El Rufai to die a fool. Amen
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by noiseless: 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2012
This idea or mentality and belief by one seeing himself as a born to rule over everone is really a very dangerous disease,and the worst is forcing it on others. Really mallam,so few weeks back you were out on the street not really because of fuel subsidy and the good of every poor nigerians after all?
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Proxytalk: 7:11pm On Feb 07, 2012
after analysing the country , the courage of some individual that are trying to scratch at the solution as against an individual calling them fools at 40 and 7o,i think elrufai will be a fool forever for for believeing that nigeria will ever be healthy in this state infact all nigerians ill be fools alowing other small african countries attend develoment now benin rep is heading Au. sick jiant of africa
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2012
consultants:

DO YOU WISH TO WORK IN QATAR IS YOUR OPPORTUNTY,AM AN AGENT FROM THE QATAR COMPANY,WE NEED 10,000 MAN POWER TO WORK WITH US UNGENLY.THE QATAR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ARE HERE IN NIGERIA IN SEARCH OF MANPOWER TO WORK WITH THEM WITH HIGH PAYMENT ATRACTIVE SALARY. CALL US ON  PRINCIPAL
CONSTRUCTION
ACTIVITIES »
Qatar Building Company
offers expertise and
market know-how not
only in pure construction
work, but also in
construction techniques.
Its record in
construction includes:
Road & Airfield Paving
Pipeline
Buildings
Sewage treatment plants
Pumping stations
Cable Laying.BOTH SKILL AND UNSKILL PERSONEL ARE NEEDED.

CONTACT

ARE THE MODS SLEEPING? THIS SCAMMER IS SPAMMING ALL THE THREADS WITH THIS QATAR SCAM
MUKINATU, BAN THIS MUDA4CKER AND DELETE ALL HIS SCAM THREADS. WTF! angry
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by felixedet(m): 5:18pm On Feb 08, 2012
We should use fora like this to discuss constructive ideas and innovations and not waste it discussing about people who have looted our treasuries.

i have tired and fed up of hearing names like sanusi,el-rufai and co pls, nairalanders, channel your energy towards something positive and more constructive like: How to move Nigeria forward, and don't be under any illusion that it is going to be thru the so call SNG.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Has Approved FCT's N1.1trn 2024 Statutory Budget - Wike / Nigeria`s Best Hotel,Intercontinental Hotel, Designed By Nigerian Firms. / Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.