Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,485 members, 7,937,418 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 01:58 AM

FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force (20367 Views)

FG Appoints Pwc As Growth And Employment Project Administrator / FG Appoints Ladan, Director Of DPR / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by pcicero(m): 12:54am On Feb 08, 2012
The list is not complete, I am the 18th member.
This Pastor Ituah Ighodalo get mouth sha!
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by mekaboy(m): 1:31am On Feb 08, 2012
CAN RIBADU BITE THE FINGERS THAT HAVE ALWAYS FED HIM?ALL HE WILL DO IS HARASS FEW OIL MARKETERS AND COLLECT SOME MONEY FROM THEM. IF PROPER INVESTIGATION IS DONE, I AM NOT SURE, OBJ, IBB , DANGOTE AND ITUKU WILL BE INNOCENT. BUT I KNOW RIBADU CANT TOUCH THE UNTOUCHABLES.

IF TIME IS NOT TAKING , RIBADU WILL DISCOVER THAT HE HIMSELF IS ALSO A BENEFICIARY OF THIS SUBSIDY INDIRECTLY.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Everfrank(m): 2:01am On Feb 08, 2012
Is Jonathan afraid of opposition?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by mechris: 3:32am On Feb 08, 2012
Nuhu Ribadu is bieng repositioned for 2015,don't you guys get it?There has been reconcilliations behind closeddoors.Jonathan is worried that Sambo will betray the trust, while rebadu will easily be accepted internationally.Since he has no major administrative experience and other appointment outside EFCC, he needs to shore up his resume, hence this appointment.You will start seeing him become a regular face everywhere.Goodluck Nuhu.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by efisher(m): 3:45am On Feb 08, 2012
@Mechris, I also thought along that line. That's a possibility.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by clip: 3:52am On Feb 08, 2012
I pray that by the time he finished his assignment ,his good image will still be intact. Ask madam Dora,
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 08, 2012
efisher:

All who voted GEJ please stand up!

Sai Gej!
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Image123(m): 6:39am On Feb 08, 2012
This is like what football clubs do. Buy the stars from other clubs, make you stronger and keep winning. Oops, what's Ribadu and Olisa's jersey number.
And who's Ituah Ighodalo? Name rings a bell. Hope it's not a certain rich RedeemCCG pastor? Very suspect if.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by andresia(m): 6:47am On Feb 08, 2012
Pataki:

Is Gbawe still on this board? I wonder what he has to say this ridiculous appointment.

Nigerians praised Goodluck for appointing Abati. . . . . Abati today, voluntarily set fire to his credibility.

Nigerians praised Goodluck for appointing Nweala. . . . . Nweala became a lying tool for Goodluck's administration.

Nigerians are again praising Goodluck for appointing Ribadu. . . . . an original PDP tool . . . . do we ever want to learn in this country! undecided

No wonder Ribadu was silent during the fuel subsidy removal saga.

No wonder the alliance between CPC and ACN never worked out.

No wonder Nigeria will continue to roll in the doldrums of deceit and lies.

As someone once said, the Nigerian government are fortunate to be presiding over a set of people who cannot think!

Nicely said, bro. I wonder what type of brain the Nigerian followers posses. see as them dey jump the hail pdp for appointing one of their moles as task force chairman to catch cabal (PDP) HISSSSS!
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by nuclearboy(m): 7:24am On Feb 08, 2012
The point is Yes, he's been appointed BUT to do what?

Because his involvement is in the operations of the oil sector, the entire task force will end up "cleaning" the image of government while not having power to fight GOVERNMENT's own corruption.

They'll just make some noise and end up discrediting themselves!

WHAT POWERS DO THEY HAVE?
CAN THEY INVESTIGATE THE GOVERNMENT SIDE OF OIL SECTOR CORRUPTION?
DO THEY NOT REPORT TO DIEZANI MADUEKE?

Tripe - not even well disguised as a Greek gift. Just a trap for Ribadu who, if he accepts this, would seem only interested in "big" positions where he's no more than hatchet man at the end of the day. In EFCC, he chased around 419 boys who gave Nigeria a bad name while selectively harassing very VERY few of the real DESTROYERS of Nigeria that Obasanjo disagreed with.

In this case, he'll avoid the real corrupters and corruption that is destroying Nigeria and only chase loudly and publicly, a few people who likely stole maybe 2% of what went missing last year under the fuel subsidy saga and effectively cleanse the image of those who stole the other 98% by removing focus from them
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by kooto(m): 7:26am On Feb 08, 2012
i hope he will be able to do something meaningfull now, particularly now that he is a politician.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Observator: 7:33am On Feb 08, 2012
Where are the AUDITOR General Federation and ACCOUNTANT General of the federation in preventing and detecting inappropriate spending? I believe if theses organs are working as designed, corruption in government will be greatly addressed.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by EPOMA(m): 7:36am On Feb 08, 2012
[b]I get so surprise that Nigerians falls so easily to the tricks of this Cabals and GEJ. When Ribadu came out as the Presidential candidate for ACN, I told my friends that Ribadu was brought in by OBJ and friends to spilt the votes of CPC support and that he will pull out at the end just before election just as Rochas did for OBJ in Anpp Primaries in 2003 if I can remember.
  Ribadu is just  being compensated and during his tenure in efcc, he was basicaly going after OBJ opponents, so my take is Ribadu  can not be effective and it is just a fraudulent moves.How come all the good and strong mi.nded people in Nigeria that we know are never called in to do such jobs.

I keep on saying this everyday, until this country go back to basics, we are not moving forward, we are just playing "brown girl in the ring". I use to hear of task force a lot during the military era, why must we have  task force in everything ?its  simple because things are not done well in the first place, this task force now will never go away just like nddc, efcc, pppprrrra, icpc, defence corp, road safety and so on which is all bullsshit.Jobs that can be done by police and  audit departments are we keep  using it to play politics and create more confusion through stupid agencies and committee all over the place.

[/b]
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by EPOMA(m): 7:40am On Feb 08, 2012
Observator:

Where are the AUDITOR General Federation and ACCOUNTANT General of the federation in preventing and detecting inappropriate spending? I believe if theses organs are working as designed, corruption in government will be greatly addressed.

Thanks my brother, I was still writing when you posted this, at least people are thinking the way I do, not people like[b] BEAF and efisher [/b] who are getting excited as if they are being tickled .
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2012
Pataki:

Is Gbawe still on this board? I wonder what he has to say this ridiculous appointment.

Nigerians praised Goodluck for appointing Abati. . . . . Abati today, voluntarily set fire to his credibility.

Nigerians praised Goodluck for appointing Nweala. . . . . Nweala became a lying tool for Goodluck's administration.

Nigerians are again praising Goodluck for appointing Ribadu. . . . . an original PDP tool . . . . do we ever want to learn in this country! undecided

As someone once said, the Nigerian government are fortunate to be presiding over a set of people who cannot think!
I advise you Stop Taking cheap alcohols . it do you no good to your Primitive  thinking
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by werepeLeri: 8:15am On Feb 08, 2012
Pataki:

[b]Is Gbawe still on this board? I wonder what he has to say this ridiculous appointment.[/b]

LOL - He is now your Encyclopaedia.

Your hatred for anything GEJ will one day affect your ability to reason properly.

All what you said are your personal opinion, which you cant force anyone to take or agree to.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 08, 2012
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by FrankC3: 8:33am On Feb 08, 2012
It appears some folks are getting scared that GEJ 'may' just succeed, hence the 'bad-mouthing' of every action taken. I dont know all the team members but the ones i can identify really knows their stuff. I can guess where GEJ is headed and it is the right direction
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Toks2008(m): 8:46am On Feb 08, 2012
Whatever the move GEJ makes, one fact i know is that he has good plans for this country but he almost allowed himself to get derailed by crazy advisers.

So the best he can do now is to clean up his almost dented image and move in the right direction.

Nevertheless, the yardstick i personally will use to judge his competence is the power sector which must be greatly improved before the end of the present dispensation. 4 yrs is long enough to give us steady power supply at least to a great extent.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Demdem(m): 8:47am On Feb 08, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Let's see how this one pans out.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMFZChGfOw_eIPyXeJqUFGPw-D_LhHihmo9NASRxP5m0cJKqb-3Q[/img]

Exactly and i hope it works.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Baawaa(m): 8:53am On Feb 08, 2012
Is this not the same Ribadu that quickly swallowed his pride and merged with Tinubu to attempt to become the number 1 man in the country?
Is this not the same Ribadu that was used as a political tool to bring down OBJ's political opposition?
Is this not the same Ribadu that called IBB a criminal but then turned around to pay him a visit at his mansion and had a lovely dinner?

Until Nigerians come together to reject the same from the sad stories of the past, this country will not move forward.

I think it's time to look for new people/new leaders.
Nigeria needs a break!

This is not campaigning time or election time,reserve this to 2015!!
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Funkymallam(m): 8:55am On Feb 08, 2012
Nigerians! Hw can one please u guys? If Gej placed a person of questionable xrater u will complain, nw u r blaming Ribadu for accepting to serve his father land, y not allow him start d wrk since he s frm d opposition, if he s not given free hand to run d committee he can resign honourably but not without trying. Sometime, am tempted to bliv that we Nigerians pray for d country's down fall.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by mohid(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2012
It’s unfortunate that the PDP govt. has so shot itself in the foot that any positive initiative taken by GEJ is viewed with so much pessimism. That said there is still a thin line between cynicism and being plain silly. Every child knows that all the opposition candidates Ribadu went after were all as guilty as hell, and who dares forgets how he sent the yahoo boys in Benin and Ikeja scampering all over the place and reduced our rating as the ‘Most Corrupt nation’ prior to his ascent. If all he does is put some perceived enemies of GEJ in the oil sector on their toes, so long as they are guilty, then it’s good enough for me. Its been a tea party for graft ever since he was removed as EFCC Boss, If i have got roaches and rats in my living space and the exterminator takes care of only the roaches I have got part of my problem solved, the rats will have their own day of reckoning soon.Gbam!
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by 4teelaw(f): 9:12am On Feb 08, 2012
PASTOR ITUAH IGODALO? shocked Why did he have to involve a Pastor? What is the Game plan, heeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnn! I smell a rat!
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by latibaba: 9:15am On Feb 08, 2012
Unity government in display!
How can you stop someone from talking?
invite him to the dining and introduce the table manner!!
When you are eating you don't talk anymore!!!
welcome on board OLISA,this is a long awaited call.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by AZeD1(m): 9:36am On Feb 08, 2012
All those who see this as a good move by GEJ please can you give me answers to the following question??

1)What is the work of the minister if we have to set up a task force to ensure her ministry does its job?
2)Would it not have been cost effective to replace the minister, head of drp, pppra and all other accornyms in the ministry with the people in this task force?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by konkolok: 9:40am On Feb 08, 2012
Still checking to see where the repairs of our refineries which will definitely lead to job creation and put an end to imports feature in the TERMS of REFERENCE! These thieves still have their eyes only on the MONEY! Why are we so daft in Nigeria?
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by Reference(m): 9:49am On Feb 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

In 2011 alone, how many Tasks forces and committees where set up for what and how many of them we don get result from? PIB no get im set of task forces and committees??  grin grin grin grin grin

My dear its symptomatic of how this country is. If you live in a tinderbox house the harmattan season is a grave threat but until you can afford better lodgings you just have to make do with a pail of water standby. Very crude but heck what else. We have failed to build proper institutions, we have failed to plan long term, we have failed to take the necessary surgeries and prefer these short term palliatives. We don't like government but we want more of their control. It is a viscious circle. I will always say the number of policemen on the streets in any given country is an indictment of the people, not the government and they should be prepared to accept the attendant cost and discomfort. The USA has the largest, most extensive and most expensive law enforcement system in the world. They build and maintain more prisons than some totalitarian regimes. That says a lot about Americans. Closer home I would say the number of people employed by LASTMA and KAI just to keep Lagosians obeying simple rules is collosal. So we need these commitees, task forces and endless layers of beauracracy because we don't like to work and obey simple rules. It is a Nigerian thing.

That is one of the reasons I was for total deregulation. There's too much heat and attention around a single and simple commodity - petrol. Just one, just one of the items we use in a day and in our lives bringing so much misery. Look at the telecoms sector as an example of industry going reasonably well. Very little noise and heat, very little government input and how many taskforces and commitees. But like I would always say, it is a zero sum game. Freedom has a price and what we as the people fail to pay for they take from us subtly. We have absolutely nothing to complain about. We were given a choice to take the petroleum sector out of government's hands but we insisted they hang on. So.
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by sirt1(m): 10:19am On Feb 08, 2012
Politicians are like prostitutes. They swing direction at every beckon, but then, i will not support the calls from some quarters that Ribadu should reject the offer neither will I join the pessimists that this is another jamboree.

Lets all keep hope alive. Nigeria will bounce back to his feet!!!
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by ChefMike(m): 10:29am On Feb 08, 2012
grin grin grin This is good
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by hasyak(m): 11:01am On Feb 08, 2012
mohid:

It’s unfortunate that the PDP govt. has so shot itself in the foot that any positive initiative taken by GEJ is viewed with so much pessimism. That said there is still a thin line between cynicism and being plain silly. Every child knows that all the opposition candidates Ribadu went after were all as guilty as hell, and who dares forgets how he sent the yahoo boys in Benin and Ikeja scampering all over the place and reduced our rating as the ‘Most Corrupt nation’ prior to his ascent. If all he does is put some perceived enemies of GEJ in the oil sector on their toes, so long as they are guilty, then it’s good enough for me. Its been a tea party for graft ever since he was removed as EFCC Boss, If i have got roaches and rats in my living space and the exterminator takes care of only the roaches I have got part of my problem solved, the rats will have their own day of reckoning soon.Gbam!

+7
Re: FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force by OROSENIWO: 11:12am On Feb 08, 2012
b4 una dumbu d mallam, im don gree 4 d post? abi no b telebison rumor ?i dey naff o! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Has Been Plotting Buhari’s Failure Since 2014 – Mohammed Lawal / Hoodlums Set Police Station Ablaze In Imo / Blackout In Lekki, Ajah And Parts Of Victoria Island From Sept 7 - 9.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.