Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,727 members, 7,941,755 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

Nokia Belle Is Here - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Belle Is Here (61860 Views)

Easy | How To Hack Symbian Phone S60v3 S60v5 S^3 Anna Belle / How To Solve Google Maps Not Working After Symbian Belle Update. / Hack Your Symbian Phone In 3mins(v3,v5,anna,belle) Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 11:17am On May 27, 2012
temmy.m3:

Connect your device to a pc via MASS STORAGE mode. open :\Private\10281e7\ and delete the 3 database files (dat ends with ".db" ). Also open :\Private\101ffca9 and delete "harvesterdb.dat". Do the same to the memory card if you have music contents stored there as well. Disconnect d USB and open your music player. U should hav a fresh Music database now. Enjoy.

I have encountered this problem once on the 5800 and had to flash the firmware.As a matter of fact,this error introduced me to the world of customised symbian firmwares on dailymobile.
Thanks for the tips.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by hyuga(m): 11:30am On May 27, 2012
pls pls pls... Can't seem to upgrade ma n8 to belle o.. Nokia suite stops at step 3 i.e backup then it restart my fone and tries again den it says reinstall nokia suite or nokia care centre.. I tire o.. Temmy, aeiromon. And oda gurus, help o.. Outta count on hw many times i retired it. Waiting for ur unfailing reply o
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 3:06pm On May 27, 2012
hyuga: pls pls pls... Can't seem to upgrade ma n8 to belle o.. Nokia suite stops at step 3 i.e backup then it restart my fone and tries again den it says reinstall nokia suite or nokia care centre.. I tire o.. Temmy, aeiromon. And oda gurus, help o.. Outta count on hw many times i retired it. Waiting for ur unfailing reply o

I haven't tried to upgrade using the PC Suite.Its very sensitive to network fluctuations so I prefer to download the offline file and flash via Phoenix.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 4:09pm On May 27, 2012
odukoko: Hope d procedure to upgrade belle offline is not to technical?what do i haf to download?

Yeah bro, it is, a lil' smiley. at least for the first time it might be a little complicated but if u have the necessary softwares and follow the guidelines. it s a piece cake wink
All u need is;
1. Phoenix application for your PC

2. NOKIA BELLE firmware of your choice (Either original [Official] Belle from Nokia [OFW] or the costumed/Modified Belle by modders [CFW])

3. Your Nokia device + a good USB Cable

Now let me give u a clue about Manual and PC Suite upgrade + their flaws. The difference between the PC Suite update and self update is that u are in control of the update cos you have the belle firmware with you already, U could modify anythin before Upgrade and u could make changes to the Firmware and reflash/re-upgrade again if u wanna change something after the update which aint possible with pc suite. but u might kill/brick your phone if you didnt do it correctly as told.

Pc suite is straight forward cos u just connect to pc suite and click on update, but any slight network delay or disconnection at the middle of update will automatically kill your phone and u gonna need to take the device for flashing, which they will definitely do for u via the first (phoenix) method above. So it s a choice bro. If your MTN 3G fluctuates during PC Suite update and your phone dies, u gonna need the same technical procedure to bring it back to life.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 4:20pm On May 27, 2012
hyuga: pls pls pls... Can't seem to upgrade ma n8 to belle o.. Nokia suite stops at step 3 i.e backup then it restart my fone and tries again den it says reinstall nokia suite or nokia care centre.. I tire o.. Temmy, aeiromon. And oda gurus, help o.. Outta count on hw many times i retired it. Waiting for ur unfailing reply o

aieromon:

I haven't tried to upgrade using the PC Suite.Its very sensitive to network fluctuations so I prefer to download the offline file and flash via Phoenix.

RIGHTLY SAID!!
Nokia suite will never upgrade your phone's Firmware if your connection goes below 40kb/s at an average speed. and it will disconnect if the connection goes below that in the middle of upgrade killing your phone. GBAM!
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by omoboy08(m): 7:59pm On May 27, 2012
aieromon:

Doesnt work for me too.For such sites,I prefer to use the native browser.Copy the direct download linkn and the browser will do the rest.
smart u, but am nt just in luv with fone browser, too bulky so to speak. Gone are d days of bolt.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by odukoko(m): 6:10am On May 28, 2012
@baba T,am in ado ekiti n speed never pass 12kbs even with mtn 3g or zain 3.5g n dats for choice locations! Pls can i get those links n step by step tutorials!
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by konezy1(m): 7:17am On May 28, 2012
@gurus can n97 32gig be updated to belle software
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 9:52am On May 28, 2012
konezy1: @gurus can n97 32gig be updated to belle software

[size=13pt]NO[/size]
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 10:58am On May 28, 2012
With the kind of speeds odukoko is quoting,it might take him days to pull these files especially when the network breaks.
You can choose to send the phone to Lagos if you're not able to successively download the files.Alternatively,I could send the files to you if you have anyone coming to Lagos.

@temmy.m3
Thanks for the help.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by sambass(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2012
3wks old symbian belle nokia 700 4sale
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by sambass(m): 3:12pm On May 28, 2012
32k cal me on 08034837521 for nokia 700
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by odukoko(m): 3:50pm On May 28, 2012
thanks guys will try n download them,aieromon u r rite it does takes days but have gigaget on my system,its fast and can resume download,within a week will give u feedback!!!,but u never can tell so how can i get u in lagos?so Baba T will go thru d tutorials b4 trying anything!!!thanks
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by hyuga(m): 4:37pm On May 28, 2012
@Odukoko, m also at ado ekiti. I thinj d offline z my nxt choice. Bt d network z sometimes faster in campus. @aeiromon, i think its d nokia suite. Checkd nokia discussion site nd found similar prob. Pls u cn mail me d pdf on how to use phoenix. justbimbz@yahoo.com.
Thanx.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2012
hyuga: @Odukoko, m also at ado ekiti. I thinj d offline z my nxt choice. Bt d network z sometimes faster in campus. @aeiromon, i think its d nokia suite. Checkd nokia discussion site nd found similar prob. Pls u cn mail me d pdf on how to use phoenix. justbimbz@yahoo.com.
Thanx.

Download the how-to file uploaded by temmy.m3.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by shayman(m): 5:51pm On May 28, 2012
@aieromon i guess Its same with What i ve. Same file size and version. But will download to confirm sha. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by odukoko(m): 5:55pm On May 28, 2012
When upgrading/flashing n8, do you off d phono or not?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 6:12pm On May 28, 2012
odukoko: When upgrading/flashing n8, do you off d phono or not?

Leave it on.It will reboot once the flashing process begins.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2012
kenny2gbaski:

Thanks so much man, the bars are coloured now. Can't thank u enough.
Nice firmware u made too, must be a very hard work indeed. the screenshot u provided shows yours as the 040 am talking about. Any link where i could download this one of yours please. Thanks.

Welcome sir. Forgive me didnt upload it bro.lol. Dont wanna start any contest with firmware gurus cos i aint one ooo.lol. only made it for my own use but i do give it out for friends who shows interest after playing with my device. will upload it cos of u though and send u d link.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by hyuga(m): 5:18am On May 29, 2012
aieromon:

Download the how-to file uploaded by temmy.m3.
there was'nt any screen shot in the doc file. Downloaded the firmware already. I just need the shots for better understanding. Thanx in advance.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 8:07am On May 29, 2012
hyuga:
there was'nt any screen shot in the doc file. Downloaded the firmware already. I just need the shots for better understanding. Thanx in advance.

Download the youtube video posted by temmy.m3.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by odukoko(m): 11:09am On May 29, 2012
Gurus,Would upgrading to belle affect my crack anna phone?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2012
odukoko: Gurus,Would upgrading to belle affect my crack anna phone?

You mean h@ck,right?You'll have to ''reh@ck'' the device after the upgrade except you're flashing with a customised firmware.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 12:31pm On May 29, 2012
hyuga:

YES THERE IS!!! Screenshot included in every bit of explanation from A-Z. I attached 2 docs above. I hope u downloaded the flashing tutorial first and I hope it was opened with a microsoft word viewer on a pc and not on a phone. If you have a bit slow pc, wait for 10seconds for the documents to open completely and load all the pictures/screenshots attached.. Here is a screenshot of the document from a pc

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by SexyRanti(f): 1:00pm On May 29, 2012
Hello. Nice forum i must say. I never knew something like this existed. Thanks to google. Though i currently use 5800 but i must say u guys have made me change my mind and am getting a new device that could do all this things. Now i have N8 and 701 on my mind. i have seen the nice arguement at the first few pages. please can someone provide me with a pic of 701 and N8 screens? my friends says 701 screen is more brighter and isn't that better than that of the n8?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by omoboy08(m): 1:57pm On May 29, 2012
SexyRanti: Hello. Nice forum i must say. I never knew something like this existed. Thanks to google. Though i currently use 5800 but i must say u guys have made me change my mind and am getting a new device that could do all this things. Now i have N8 and 701 on my mind. i have seen the nice arguement at the first few pages. please can someone provide me with a pic of 701 and N8 screens? my friends says 701 screen is more brighter and isn't that better than that of the n8?
sexy, here u go on my 701

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 2:09pm On May 29, 2012
SexyRanti: please can someone provide me with a pic of 701 and N8 screens? my friends says 701 screen is more brighter and isn't that better than that of the n8?

....With both phone's contrast set to the maximum and both phones displaying the same video and picture content. Try figuring out the differences.

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by hyuga(m): 6:53pm On May 29, 2012
thanx aeiromon nd teemy.. Ma fone z nw on belle.. Fm transmitter nw on it.. Soooooo sweeet

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Buying Iphone7 In Malaysia Videos Himself (Video) / MTN Introduces 4.5GB For N1200 For Independence Celebration / How To Install Obb Files Successfully, I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.