Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,533 members, 7,972,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:12 PM

House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl (7876 Views)

Aggrieved PDP Reps Member-elect Write President Buhari / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by ceyohn(f): 10:35am On Oct 18, 2007
etteh must go

may his soul rest in peace (amen)
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by FSU: 10:49am On Oct 18, 2007
Hey Folks,

Being a Yoruba with an Igbo wife, I am usually always caught in the rampant cross-fire between these two great ethnic rivals. Yet, I ask us to eschew double standards so that our days on earth may be long.

Between 1999 and 2007, there were five Igbo senate presidents, three of whom (Enwerem, Okadigbo and Wabara) fell by the way-side due to fraud-related circumstances (proven or not). Every single Nigerian I know saw it as an Igbo way of life, even though the generality of the Igbo did not send them to the senate to become thieves.

Between 1979 and 1999, certain northern elements misruled Nigeria so bad, and stole billions of our petro-dollars. Substantial number of Nigerians saw that misrulership as Hausa/Fulani way of life, even though the generality of the north did not send these rulers there to become thieves.

Now that Madam Etteh from my own neck of the woods has done it again, is it out of place to blame the Yoruba, given set precedence? This is especially so given that key Yoruba leaders (OBJ, Fasehun, 5 Yoruba governors, prominent Obas, Bode George, amongst million other) supported and still support her shameless act? I am not unaware that at least one-half of the Yoruba population are not in support of Etteh, including notables like Soyinka, Gani and some Afenifere members. However, if these other Yorubas could support a thief, why would outsiders not see her act as a Yoruba act? The position taken by Fasehun is particularly disturbing.

In Nigeria, it is usual for tribes to be equated with individuals. Thus, if Nigerians have accepted such ridiculous trend as a way of life, then the trend must go the whole hog. After this, perhaps we can learn that each defaulting individual should bear their cross.

I thought I should share this post with you guys. It was posted by a Yoruba man at the Nigerianvillage square. What thinkest thou?
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Aussie(m): 10:54am On Oct 18, 2007
This woman is indeed possessed.

I think she shuld be charged with manslaugther and charged to the international court of justice for her abuse to humanity and womanhooh in particular.

If by the end of today she does not step down, I will personally forward a strongly worded SOS message to the international community. Cos it seems we can no longer handle or control our own affairs.

Bull-shit woman!!!
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by wisyno(m): 11:04am On Oct 18, 2007
abeg i wan know which side the late man dey b4 his death. for etteh or against her?
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by mellow(m): 11:10am On Oct 18, 2007
I want to know which side his corpse now belong.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by prominence: 11:13am On Oct 18, 2007
@wysino

he was for her as one of her supporters
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by onyekang1(f): 11:24am On Oct 18, 2007
its rather unfortunate. angry angry angry
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by kemisole(f): 11:40am On Oct 18, 2007
2 bad,may his soul rest in peace
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by TawaTemi1(f): 11:41am On Oct 18, 2007
It is unfortunate that another life was lost in the house and particularly over Ettehgate but truth be told my friends, I am still mindful of Prof.Soyinka's statement. "the rulling class should be careful when we (the poor-masses) move. We will move knowing that God loves us, if He doesnt love us, he wouldnt have created us this much"
Now insnt it evident that God is with us? This same Aminu Safana was a die-hard 3rd term advocate. He was one of those who wanted to sell Nigeria to Obasanjo. This is just a wake up call to all of them, from Obasanjo to Ahmadu Ali, Bode George, David Mark, Patricia Etteh and all thier stooges to make way else the mass-train will crush them. How can you afford to draw the wrath of close to 150 million people? Even if it is money, you know that 150 million naira is plenty money but we are talikng of 150 milion Nigerians. Come on guys, they will all see the wrath of God if they dont head to the voice of reason.
It wasnt a surprise to read of PDP's recent pronouncements. The party's publicity secretary is now saying it is not proper for Etteh to be a judge in her own case. Why now?
We have been telling them that one of the priciples of natural justice is "nemo judex incausa sua-no man should be a judge in his own case" but they never listened.
Believe me, if she doesnt step out (not even down) of that seat, she will be disgraced out. I am not a sadist but a lady of conscience and I know how hard it is to know that your elected representative want over 600 million naira or thereabout  to renovate a house when you dont have 600 thousand to build one for yourself.
It is unfortunate and I dont have a single word of sympathy for anyone who is againts the poor mass of the people not just in Nigeria but all over the world. You cannot be againts a common man and expect my support.

My friends, I tell you the truth, I am doubtful of Yar'Adua commitment to us, I am relaying my doubts based on his fence-sitting and silence over this whole saga and do you know what happens to people who sits on the fence? When the fence falls, they are the first sighted on the rubble! This Safana of a guy was his SSG, they are buddies and came through the same political process. God no dey sleep!

Well to the dead, I pray God grant him Al-jannah (paradise), Amen.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by RuuDie(m): 11:58am On Oct 18, 2007
what i don't like to hear about this issue is that nigeria is entering a new era or dispensation or whatever because the truth of it all is that 98.899% of all the reps there fighting are only fighting for their selfish interests. . . .
if Etteh leaves, the next person that comes will loot even more than Etteh ever intended and nobody will cough because that person might well be a favorite to majority of the House, of which no doubts will get their own rewards.
so lets stop kidding ourselves with this PHONY RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION. . . . .
Quite rightly, what Etteh's done, is not justifiable by any means and she must be reprimanded. . . . but this OUTCRY by the Reps that greets it - the scale and volume smacks SUSPICION in my view and is only abound when politicians are looking for ways and means to dispose of their foes!

There's more to this than Etteh's wrong-doing i can bet my bottom kobo on this!
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by gbengeoou: 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2007
WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na wa ooooooooooooooooooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Akhan1(m): 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2007
w i r

may his soul rest in peace{amen}
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by SpartanD(f): 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2007
Too bad my people!!, what a strange world, While Okonjo Iweala is doing us and women world proud, this b__ch called Etteh is just destroying the image!!, Infact EFCC shld take over after the house tortured her well well,
Now because am now, This YEYE man don kill himself, just for this thing inside her cloth  angry angry angry angry

She's a DISGRACE to life and GOD, cry cry cry cry
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by evergie(m): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2007
Ebi like say they don dey use bluetooth blow for house of assembly b tat. grin

9ja! we 2 much!
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by realdemi(f): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2007
@Olowe2007 and Tawa-Temi
True talk guys

@Poster
God is fighting the battle HImself. Anyone that will be on the side of injustice should be ready for the consequences. The late Honourable should serve as a warning to anyone that will not let Nigeria rest. Even Madam Speaker should be careful or she might be the next to drop dead. ;DThe cries of the massses have reached the ears of God Almighty and He will not be silent. Let 'She' step aside for the case to be judged. We know the Powers that be are behind her that's y  she's so
eve-ant . grin and if she goes down,

@RuDdie
It's nothing chauvinistic. Matters might not have aggravated to this extent if she and her party had handled things differently. It's true that not all or even any of the reps might have the moral justification to cast the first stone but whenever anyone is caught, he/she should not be let off the hook.  Like we dey talk am for Naija, Na who dem catch be thief. so let it be!!
She has almost convinced us that she is guilty of a case that is not yet judged.If she isn't afraid of anything(like skeletons), let her allow us check the wardrobes.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by antis: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2007
@ VIGASIMPLE

Who did u say is not guilty?  is the approval of such amount of moni for renovation morally right??  dont u know dat there is hunger in d land, pple living under d bridge, roads are death traps etc.  no human feelings for the masses. a woman dat is as old as my mother wants to buy body massager.

infact d anger in my heart cant even allow me to continue.  let me cool down n come bak to d forum latera
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Bblak(f): 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2007
What else do we expect from a country being led by corrupt leaders?
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Akhan1(m): 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2007
corrupt youths
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Sonye(f): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2007
This is getting worse. Its now more than the Physical can handle
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by hejire(m): 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2007
Let us continue to pray for our dear country Nigeria.this is not the nigeria we want.God bless Nigeria.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by djcrucifix(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2007
it's very unfortunate that someone had to die but maybe this will teach them a lesson or two, by the way how person wey get health problem go they shout for house of reps? undecided, didnt he know his state of health? undecided
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by antis: 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2007
@ VIGASIMPLE

Who did u say is not guilty? is the approval of such amount of moni for renovation morally right? don't u know that there is hunger in d land, people living under d bridge, roads are death traps etc. no human feelings for the masses. a woman that is as old as my mother wants to buy body massager.

infact d anger in my heart can't even allow me to continue. let me cool down n come bak to d forum later
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by ratiken(m): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2007
I just wish this woman will act like a human at least for once by stepping down, at least cool the tempo of our present polity. But i have a problem;
My problem is this - Will Etteh's exit solve Nigeria's problem? undecided
People are excited someone is dead in the process but remember that 99.8% of crooked politicians and leaders are healthy and kicking, They are not even thinking of death in the next 20 years even at 70.
Must we wait till they all drop dead before we think of a better NIGERIA.
With the daily unfolding of events in this country, people lose hope and becomes part of our subconscious that we are born corrupt.
I think Nigeria really needs prayers now cry cry
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by esilove(m): 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2007
THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE NEWS. DO YOU THAT IF ETTEH INSIST TO REMAIN IN THE OFFICE THIS WILL BRING BACK MILITARY

BUT GOD FORBID
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by kimba(m): 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2007
what a man can do, a woman can do, and even better.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by kimba(m): 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2007
what a man can do, a woman can do, and even better.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by angelrita(f): 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2007
wat is happening in the house of assembly is indeed a great slap on nigeria as a country.See how people dat are supposed to be representing the masses are busy throwing blows at themselves.Wat an image they are painting NIGERIA.Its really A PITY.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by funmeme(f): 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2007
NA WAH OOO.

I WAS REALLY ASHAMED WHEN I SAW THEM FIGHTING.COM TO THINK OF IT THEY ALL AV CHLDREN AT HOME OO! AAHAHAAA WHAT A SHAME.

Y CNT WE JST COME 2GEDA 2 KICK DIS FOOL OFF?? angry angry angry angry
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by VIPICO(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2007
E concern them
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by vigasimple(m): 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2007
The issues here is more than just ETTEH and renovation monies.

What ETTEH is saying to all the members of the House and the Nigerian populace is that , he who never sin let him throw the first stone.

Let all Nigerians starting from Nairaland starting to look for the truth and tell the truth.

Firstly, 99% of people yabbing on this site or the ordinary peole would propably do the samething if in ETTEH shoes.

What is the solution to an obvious problem.

The problem is CORRUPTION everywhere. The reason for the problem POVERTY AND INSECURITY for the ordinary people and GREED for the ruling class.

ETTEH departure will not solve one single problem. It will just be business as usual. I repeat ETTEH 'crime' and the whole house knew it was that he didn't share the 'spoils' as it is usual and customary.

We need a bigger debate on how our country is run and it doesn't matter who is the speaker.

Take for example we all think that YAR ADUA is Nigeria messiah, just less than 6 months we are all begining to see that we may be living in cloud cookoo land.

I think we have to start from NEW ORIENTATION perspectives and stop wasting our breath on one person.

Whether or nor ETTEH is wrong or a Thief we have to wait and see.It is commonsense that N628 million is a ridiculous sums of monies to build a house, not to talk of renovation.

But did anybody see IBB House in Minna, this guy is a military officer and his entire salary if he is paid 100 years advance salary is not enough to buy the land not to talk of the building and the amounts alledged to be in swiss account. and many more others, I think maybe this is the opportunity for us ordianry folks to take over our country.

Prayers is where we should start from because Nigeria as a nation need rescue from the bunch of nonetities who has hijacked our country.

My greatest fear is that the ordinary people mentality is propably worse than those leaders.

May God help us o . Amen
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Kronic: 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2007
Etteh is a Big thief, even if she is still a little bit hot for her age.

But the fact still remains people dey suffer and na WOMAN of all genders still get the mind to chop money this early into her tenure.

I pray to God that she gets disgraced in a big way.

Do I Hear somebody shout "A BIG AMEN"

Thanks
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by pastorking(m): 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2007
God will save this country in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dasuki: Court Grants Protection For Fg’s Witnesses / Seyi Makinde Vs Bayo Adelabu! Be The Judge Based On Their Profile / Gunmen Kidnap Michael Ohio-Ezomo In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.