Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,083 members, 7,919,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:42 AM

Humour: Does This Realy Say's Truth Abt Programmers - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Humour: Does This Realy Say's Truth Abt Programmers (11212 Views)

How does this payment system work? / Question Abt Bash / Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Humour: Does This Realy Say's Truth Abt Programmers by csharpjava(m): 9:49am On Feb 15, 2012
ceejayluv:

thats in an ideal case. I studied mechanical engineering and in my final year i helped some computer science folks out in their assignments and PROJECT, (C++/JAVA). Was also consulted by other peeps in civil and Elec. Engineering for softaware design (Using MATLAB).
I agree that comp sci and software eng eggheads have an edge in algorithm efficiency but if we were to design a mechanical system (say pipeline modelling) simulator i guess i will in my elements then,

You need to understand that every profession has something unique about them, just because you know how to make cement does not mean you are a structural engineer or an architect. There should have been no need for you to help the guys you've mentioned about with thier projects, all they need is the requirements for the mechanical system they are writing a program for and from this requirement they can then create the UML specification then the VDM specification and from this they can easily write the C,C++ or Java codes by themselves.

Software engineers don't just write algorithm, they develop software like engineers building a bridge, engineers building a bridge do not complete the bridge and then ask cars to drive over the bridge to see whether or not the bridge will fall down grin No before they start building the bridge they are sure it is safe.  Same thing in software engineering, before a software engineer writes a single code for a rocket etc, he will first have to create mathematical models in VDM-SL which will guarantee that the software he wants to write is safe.
Re: Humour: Does This Realy Say's Truth Abt Programmers by Nobody: 5:10am On Feb 17, 2012
ROTFLMAO!! When i grow up, i want to become a software engineer. (Aponle ni jare).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. / Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? / Team Humane App For The Blind Wins Microsoft Imagine Cup Nigeria 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.