Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,786 members, 7,945,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 06:00 PM

Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don (12495 Views)

Only 17,935 Scale Through UNILAG Post-utme / IGNORE All 2024 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / Only 17 Students Passed Waec And Neco In Gombe State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 09, 2012
People,this almajiris by their absymal peformance in western education has demostrated again and again they dont need your model of impactation.
The govt should appeal to WAEC to conduct examinations on them based on islamic koranic teachings. These people are really pulling us back.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by topchef: 11:39am On Feb 09, 2012
This is difficult to believe.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by emmatok(m): 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2012
Make the rest go JOIN BH now.

Useless Northern governments, always collect free money from the Feds, for their pocket only.

Instead of financing education, they keep financing BH.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by member479760: 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2012
The guy know what is saying, same thing as saying we need more monies from the FG to cure the situation.
Make una dey pass, den go dey fail and get more kudis for their pocket, afterall no diff b/w pass or fail in this country. 51 yrs we all failed.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by ektbear: 12:20pm On Feb 09, 2012
Kabai:

And when they see people like Wole Soyinka, an academic icon, they will come and insult him. They will even send their [flash=200,200]http://one eyed[/flash] Yusuf to twit rubbish just to insult our father. Evil and illiteracy work hand in hand. The country will not be in peace if we don't get rid of these unfortunate fools. All they want is to carry weapons and occupy positions of authority.

Well, if you have a state where only 17 of 18,000 passed WAEC, then will they even know the significance of a Nobel prize, or how far above them Soyinka is?

I don't see a point in getting mad at them. May as well be angry at an ant for not understanding the importance of calculus.

An ant can only understand things at his level, nothing higher.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by maybel(m): 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
Now dat Gombe has less comparative advantage in education, may i advise dat they try something meaningful like nomadism. I'm sure they can do well in that instead of wasting their money,
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 09, 2012
emmatok:

Make the rest go JOIN BH now.

Useless Northern governments, always collect free money from the Feds, for their pocket only.

Instead of financing education, they keep financing BH.
Stop insulting the Northern Government
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by juman(m): 1:13pm On Feb 09, 2012
maybel:

Now dat Gombe has less comparative advantage in education, may i advise dat they try something meaningful like nomadism. I'm sure they can do well in that instead of wasting their money,

Abi o. grin grin
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by juman(m): 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
efisher:

SHAME! I won't be surprised if those 17 are from the south. Dumbass almajiris. angry

Hmmm, 17 out of 18,000 is too small. Probably they are southerners.

But what of the christian's children there? Gombe has big christian population.

I wonder why they have that figure.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by juman(m): 1:44pm On Feb 09, 2012
1Dray:

I served in Gombe. . . SS3 students still tell you to teach in hausa that they dont understand English. Hw can you pass WAEC without understanding English. With 17 the number have even increased as it use to be 7.

In late 90s when I served there (in Gombe town in one of the state ministries), I saw primary pupils sitting on the floor in the classrooms. Some of them that are "social" sat on stones. I was very very sad.

Their leaders are used to just share their federal allocations.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by sunkoye: 1:56pm On Feb 09, 2012
they might not be expert in writing complete sentences but most are expert in making BOMBS
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by oiseworld: 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
look this is tje problem of this country, this quota system of a thing. My dad who is a retird military man has said times without no. That this quota system will kill us in this country. Almost all ofthem have scaled thru with quota shit. Wen you now meet, they start arguing with you like they can pass on their own.

Don't be shocked it has been like this from the begining, i tell you. now u hav a clearer picture of how nigeria landed in the situation it is now. if we dont take nessary action we go hear am. Education is actually too difficult for a northerna. It is greed,corruption and godfatherism that has brought them dis far.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by bilaya(m): 2:19pm On Feb 09, 2012
hahahahahahaha, useless Hausa illiterates.When it comes to mass murder,they are number one.Where is that namfav Hausa pig?Come and say something.Useless animal
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by Enifej: 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2012
Infact i am a serving corper batch a @ dukku community science sec schl,duku,gombe state. I tink d problem majorly is on d government in d sense dat d state has not recruit a qualified teachers since 1995 virtually almost sec schl here r run by corpers whom i tink dnt have educatn bakground 2 run a schl. Secondly most of their teacher even use hausa or fulani 2 teach wc wil not help dem academicaly.thirdly, d student ,even thou u give dem assigment,dey wont open dere note and lastly i tink d whole tins lyin on their culture whereby their lady rite 4rm js2 to ss3 r planin 2 mary and ruin deir life as house wife.

1 Like

Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by frenchman2: 2:55pm On Feb 09, 2012
they want to rescue the nigerian education system from collapsing.

very funny. something that has collapsed long time ago.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by Nugwax(m): 3:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
I want to believe there is a typo somewhere. 17/18,000 Are there no Unity (FGC) schools in the state? FGCs Usually have students from all parts of the federation. Except the number is solely for indigenous  students who wrote the exams in the state, Even that doesn't make sense. Whatever happened to the private schools there.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by ElderLoLo: 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
truely Gombe students didnt want western education as they said that western Education is a sin,
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by ortopazz(m): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2012
To me honestly this doesn't really call for concern'
first, be4 I sat for Waec And Neco, Jamb, etc I knew the essence of it. I'm 4rm the S/S Ak.IBM to b precised, out of 58 studnts that wrote wiv me 58 came out clean slate, am nt boasting or anything, 50 first hand admission, the rest of the 8! Last year almst @l last I heard were admittd. What am I saying in essence we knew what education cud fetch and we went 4 it.

2nd.culture! Due to their rigid culture, how can u in this century teach children in native tongues and neglect the basic core of what drives our world 2dy, English, if u teach their native,arabik lang.in schools what then wil their parents teach them bk @home.

Thirdly, and lastly b4 people 4rm my states were regardd as retards,slaves and the rest, buh today atleast I can due 2 empowerment our Uni, thatz UNIUYO, is rankd 20 or 21st thereabou in Nigeria, if u want admission u'l get it, basd on ur education, atleast we r coming up.

Bottomline nt until these boko haram retards undastnd the nid 2 b educatd, I bet nxt tym wil b 2people.

The governor iz lamenting what has he done 4 d 4yrz his ass has warmd dat seat of failure, was he blind? Hz children r abroad, dnt they have senatorz? Repz memberz, they dnt k, all the want is see them being encodd wiv their arabik crap period.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by seyilabi(m): 5:58pm On Feb 09, 2012
olodooooooooooooooo ;d ;d
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by gempo(m): 6:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
That shows the level of decay in our educational system especially in the north.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
Any wonder why only 17 students passed these National exams, when a Boko Haram-supporting-thieving-pseudo shariaist of a governor was stealing funds allocated to raising educational standards.

MF needs to have his limbs chopped off for good measure, only after refunding every kobo stolen angry

Former Gombe State Governor Danjuma Goje was yesterday arraigned before a Gombe Federal High Court for allegedly mismanaging about N25billion Universal Basic Education and other funds. He was charged on 17 counts alongside four others by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
source

EFCC sources had revealed to Saharareporters that the former governor  stole more than 70 billion naira ($450 million) in public funds. A huge chunk of the loot was through the pocketing of security votes.
source

Counsel to Goje and his co-accused, Adeniyi Akintola, SAN, had approached the court with two applications: one for the quashing of the charges preferred against them and the other for bail. However, he became thoroughly flustered by the argument of the EFCC counsel who insisted that consideration for bail should not be placed before the court simultaneously with a no-case submission.

The other four accused persons   arraigned with Goje are; Alhaji Sabo Mohammed Tum, former Gombe State Government House food supplier; Alhaji Aliyu Ubadone El-Nafaty former Executive Chairman, State Universal Basic Education Board, Gombe; S. M. DOKORO; proprietor of S. M. Dokoro and M. Dokoro Gombe.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by icez: 7:39pm On Feb 09, 2012
only 17 angry kai mallam.
grin grin grin
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by Sike(m): 7:46pm On Feb 09, 2012
gempo:

That shows the level of decay in our educational system especially in the north.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by IYANGBALI: 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
it is garbage in, garbage out,they only wrote down what they were taught by their teachers
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by juman(m): 11:16pm On Feb 09, 2012
But children and grand children of their "leaders" are in the best school abroad. Hiss.
Re: Only 17 Students Passed Waec, Neco In Gombe - Don by dazzy4real(m): 3:34am On Feb 10, 2012
am still trying to blive that this is not true well it could be o, after all what do dey know than suicide bombing

(1) (2) (Reply)

WAEC Releases List Of Top 50 Secondary Schools In Nigeria / Pics From YOA Annual Mathematics Competition / Plz Guyz Wat Is The Meaning Of Outstanding In Waec Result Insteed Of Grade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.