Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,689 members, 7,902,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. (15899 Views)

Serious Riot In Ariaria Aba, As Police Kills A Man - Photos / Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / This " Mbaka Why" Is Now A Slang In Onitsha Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2012
So Awusa don enter iboland with their unlimited killing ? I wish they can locate wilywily and chino11 and put a hole in their heads.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by bilaya(m): 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Namfav,how did u get access to the internet?Shouldn't u be somewhere killing disembowelling pregnant women?Hausa pig
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Vuf: 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2012
Enough of the tax on the road this can't happen in hausa land, How would be busy collecting money from buses is it there work? Let them kill them all, they can't kill us in there land and come here and kill us in our own land. Not possible Bleep all the hausas. Joor
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by solihu(m): 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
I'm a bit curious. Was the driver conveying gas cylinders? Nigerian cops are just comedians. Anything such as cylinders(for cooking),compressors(for refrigerator) or any electrical wires are all Improvised explosives!
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by dustydee: 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
A black man kills a white man in Dallas and all the white people go about killing every black man they see on the street or in their homes. Talk about civilization. And we want to be like Americans. I see.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by slimghost(m): 2:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
Abeg wetin be scores? I trust Oniitsha boys jor!
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Afam4eva(m): 2:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
Who wants to be like an American? Abeg speak for yourself.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by ChinenyeN(m): 2:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
This is interesting news. Well, in light of all the activities going on up north, it would be in everyone's best interest to remain conscientious in whatever it is they are doing. In this period in time, there are no "isolated incidents".
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Tyche(m): 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2012
5columnist:

The poster is a liar, just in Onitsha as write. A mobil police officer shot a driver and there was a bit of chaos nothing more. All of you fanning discord in this country, the day you get what you are asking for it may be regrettable.
Jobless fools!!!

Thanks for the info, however people are still here fanning the embers of discord, mtchweeeeeeeeeeew.

1 Like

Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by FlyboyZee: 2:36pm On Feb 09, 2012
dustydee:

A black man kills a white man in Dallas and all the white people go about killing every black man they see on the street or in their homes. Talk about civilization. And we want to be like Americans. I see.

What happens in Dallas stays in Dallas, is that not what they say?

You go to their land, they kill you.
They come to your land, they still kill you.
You want us to sit and watch abi?
My guy, You run go abroad, come dey there dey talk Dallas talk. Why you no come back to Naija, stay for Maidugari, Make we know whether you go still de talk Dallas talk. Anuofia!!!
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by duke4ever: 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
I stay in Onitsha, Awada to be precise. When I saw this topic on front pg I quickly ran arround down to Upper-iweka only to discover that it was only a little harsh protest. I even used the upportunity to inform my numerous Hausa neighbours for them to take 2 flight cos this may turn 2 another thing if it's allow unabated.
watching from the 4th floor of my house into the barracks, very close to Oraifite st. Awada, many Hausa are there for safty.
Nigerians should know that we are very tolerant pple and can't shed our fellow blood. U ppple need to see how we passed the infor 2 Notherners and security agencies to curb the heat.
My question is, why would an Hausa police illiterate kill a hard working family man going about his biz? @ this perplexing time in our country, why the Hausa?
Is this another Boko style of chalenging the Igbos in their territory?
When Uwazurike said that most Nothern police(esp. muslims) in the East are Boko Haram, many viewed it as the ranting of a Lunatic.
Fingers cross!!
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by 13volts(m): 2:49pm On Feb 09, 2012
jeeez see igbo people dey yan like Boko haramist. Continuing killing innocent people on the slightest rumor, bear in mind that we still have close to 15million igbo still in the north. And more so when did a northern mopol equates to a hausaman. the mopol might even be from one of the cannibal tribes in Berom land of Jos.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by sunkoye: 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2012
kai 2 by 2 plank shocked pple harsh ooo
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by satysaca: 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2012
Yes   many   Hausa   men   were   killed.I   am   in  Onitsha.I   was   trying   to   Start   the  topic   .Please   tell   me   how   to   write   on  Nairaland   here.As   a topic   or   new   thread.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by satysaca: 2:55pm On Feb 09, 2012
Yes   many   Hausa   men   were   killed.I   am   in  Onitsha.I   was   trying   to   Start   the  topic   .Please   tell   me   how   to   write   on  Nairaland   here.As   a topic   or   new   thread.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by phreakabit(m): 2:58pm On Feb 09, 2012
satysaca:

Maybe if your dad put you through a better form of education rather than macaranta you'd know how to. . . .  Aboki mor0n!
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by nwkrix: 3:04pm On Feb 09, 2012
I WAS an eyewitness. 'WAS' because d situation has been contained.

And note, the number of Ibo trying to save each Hausa is much more than the number trying to hurt them. We r NOT vampires like those forest imbecilic beast up north.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by phreakabit(m): 3:06pm On Feb 09, 2012
13volts:

jeeez see igbo people dey yan like Boko haramist. Continuing killing innocent people on the slightest rumor, bear in mind that we still have close to 15million igbo still in the north. And more so when did a northern mopol equates to a hausaman. the mopol might even be[b] from one of the cannibal tribes in Berom land of Jos.[/b]

judging by the emboldened, its evident you are a shaved ape. Look at this mor0n having the guts to talk about Igbos sounding like BH! Carefully read your comment quoted above and tell me you deserve to even speak, with the level of resentment you have towards "those" Berom guys.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Maxidoe(m): 3:06pm On Feb 09, 2012
Please it dosent make sense behaving like them,we cant behave like them,we cant kill the innocent because that is what they do,if we do that what will be the difference between us an them?we accuse their almajiris,we call the all sorts of name,do we have to stoop low like them?if they are savages we are not savages,so all those in Onitsha i employ you to help the hausas amongst you they are not the problem,killing them will not solve anything,please call the security operatives and help and save as many as you can.Once again we southerners are not SAVAGES.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by sylve11: 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2012
what is really happening? cool
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Maxidoe(m): 3:19pm On Feb 09, 2012
nwkrix:

I WAS an eyewitness. 'WAS' because d situation has been contained.

And note, the number of Ibo trying to save each Hausa is much more than the number trying to hurt them. We r NOT vampires like those forest imbecilic beast up north.
That is the spirit,please help keep it up in any way you can and encourage others to do same.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by SamMilla1(m): 3:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
Yep, a serious riot is ongoing. Lotta soldiers everywhere with blaring sirens. Heard that someone was killed at the bridgehead area, I am driving towards that area now, I will update again
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by emmalexabl(m): 3:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
Right here in Onitsha ,we do it our own style ! Kill those fools and dump their corpses in the River Niger and wish their corpses speedy and safe journey into the Atlantic . . .i hope Aba should also react to balance the equation. .
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by SamMilla1(m): 3:24pm On Feb 09, 2012
Yep, a serious riot is ongoing. Lotta soldiers everywhere with blaring sirens. Heard that someone was killed at the bridgehead area, I am driving towards that area now, I will update again
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by firmcy(m): 3:25pm On Feb 09, 2012
it is very tru,plz infor ur loved ones ova dia to b vry careful, my fada land is gradualing goin into war cry
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Chyz2: 3:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
During riots in the north, they deplay police, but in the SE they deploy the army. These people are really itching for war.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by xavier3g(m): 3:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
For the mumu Igbo's trying to save them,   I de weak O!!!, they killed your fathers, your mothers your grandfathers and many more in 1960, today they kill your brother and sisters, and  you are busy saving their ass, angry angry angry

Na why them go de kill una angry angry angry
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by kton(m): 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver in Onitsha…Hoodlums Attack Hausas
Posted: February 9, 2012 - 15:14
Posted by siteadmin
caption: Bus driver killed by police
From Okodili Ndidi, Onitsha

The fragile peace in the commercial city of Onitsha was yesterday disrupted as residents took to the streets in protest of the killing of a bus driver suspected to be a member of the Movement of the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) by policemen in one of the illegal checkpoints.

According to an eyewitness account, the incident occurred when driver of a coaster bus with registration number AA 768AHD, simply identified as Edwin, escaped a checkpoint by ABS junction, and was pursued by one of the policemen who caught up with him and deflated his tires and subsequently shot him on the neck, killing him instantly.

The conductor of the bus, Samuel Ekwueme, who was weeping profusely, said that the driver, gave the policemen N20 which they refused and insisted that he should give them N50, “my oga said that he had paid in the previous trip and drove off but we did not know that one of them was following us on a motorbike and he intercepted us and shot my oga on the neck and quickly escaped”.

It was gathered that another passenger in the bus sustained bullet wounds when the trigger happy cop opened fire on the bus before he escaped.

The situation however took a dangerous turn when the angry mob comprising of drivers and okada riders, went on a rampage with the corpse of the driver , attacking Hausas and looting their shops in possible reprisal.

The bus was said to be fully loaded with passengers who took off from Nkpor junction and was heading to the Ose Main market, Onitsha when the incident happened as the passengers scampered for safety.

One of the passengers who gave her name as Ifeoma Obi told The Nation that the deceased did not do anything that warranted his murder, adding “its was just pure wickedness on the side of the policeman who because of just N20 wasted this young man’s life”

She also said that when the policeman first shot at the tires of the vehicle, the deceased who was the driver could not move again, a situation she said helped the killer cop to shoot at the deceased from closed range, shattering the glass of the vehicle.

However, the situation took an ethnic coloration as drivers and other hoodlums in the commercial city went on rampage demanding the elimination of Hausa people on the ground that the policeman who shot the deceased was a Hausa man.

The situation also escalated when the angry mob descended on the police team earlier sent by the Anambra state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Muhtari Ibrahim to reach and appeal to the rampaging crowd which led to the policemen retreating to avoid further casualties.

It was gathered that the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Central Police Station, Mr. Abdul Yusuf escaped death by the whiskers when the angry mob descended on him when he led his men to the scene of the incident.

The angry mob also went on the rampage in different parts of the commercial city hunting for Hausa people who led to many of them taking refuge at the Central Police Station, CPS and other police stations within the city, with many others around the Bridgehead crossing over to Asaba, the Delta state capital.

Reacting to the Development, the new Igbo leader, Chief Ralph Uwazurike advised the members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB not to touch any Hausa people buts should dismantle every police check points within the area with immediate effect.

According to Chief Uwazurike who spoke through his second in command, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, the dismantling of all police check point became necessary at a time when the safety of Ndigbo is no longer safe even in their land.

“ For a Hausa policeman to kill an Igbo driver here because of mere N20 shows that the policeman is a Boko Haram member but we have urged MASSOB members to leave Hausa people alone because they are not our problem, they should concentrate on dismantling all police check points within the area” he said.

Meanwhile when contacted, the Anambra state Police Commissioner, Mr. Muhtari Ibrahim said the killer cop had been arrested and will soon undergo orderly room trial and prosecution and called on the rampaging crowd to calm down as efforts to resolve the matter had commenced.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Yeske2(m): 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2012
For crying out loud Onitsha is calm and the protest has been contained though most people of northern origin ran to the Barracks. You guys should stop exaggerating this incident, i live and work in the city. Una wan put fear for us wey live here sef.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Afam4eva(m): 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
I heard that 4 people have been killed.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Yinkay: 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2012
Calm now, but saw some northerners led by MOPOLS and market security men out of Main market and New Market to avoid attacks.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Ninapha(f): 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2012
I am along Awka Road and the military has been patrolling around.  Police men are being hunted by MASSOB and the angry youth so the police station near where i am are not allowing people inside for fear of attack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? / Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges / Police Invite Mailafia To Abuja Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.