Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,325 members, 7,910,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 02:17 PM

Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? (9465 Views)

8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / 8 Things Successful People Do NOT Do Every Day / Résumé/cv Padding: Inconsequential Or Inexcusable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by isleman(m): 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2012
otooro:

i can imagine u're taking the chance for find some very nice I.T. business on here. cool tho'. goodluck!  wink

i have a very, very good job and if you read my post well, i said WORK FOR FREE. i cant imagine what kind of employer will allow its staff be wayward. possibly government work.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 10, 2012
mafolayomi:

infact, its still irritates up till now. imagine this one that calls himself my oga that will finish recieving call and will drop the reciever on the table for me to place back? cos he feels he is oga? he does this everyday! it happened again some mins ago, and i was just looking at the reciever on the table untouched, i already said i was not going to pick it, let him place it back, if not dat someone called my fone that she wanted to talk to me, i would not have placed it back. hw can some pple be so mannerless? he does not even respect d fact that i am married and heavily pregnant?.

He does almost everything listed by one of the posters above and even more, including chewing his mouth every sec? he eats more than me that i am 8 months plus preggy. girls from other depts comes around every secs to look for him,and he will leave jobs undone and be attending to dere unnecessary complains. dere is dis particular one that dey wont even care that am around, she will seat on his lap, and be touching themselves!!! and if d girl says what if one of d ogas shows up he would say nothing will happen? this is somebody that joined us few months ago o.he leaves d office for many hours daily without calling back to know if there is any issue in the office or not? and he cant endure me leaving my desk for 10mins, he will start threatening me with calls and wil even go as far as going to the restroom to look for me he does not know the job cos he joined us newly, and wont want to ask me but will be pushing his jobs to me indirectly grin, anyway, i do d jobs cos i was doing it all b4 he came so whats the big deal? b4 d middle of d month, his salary has finished, and will now be borrowing money from me that am his omo ise? smiley he recieve almost 4 times of my salary o .too many things irritates about this guy abeg

how dare you write about me on Nairaland!  angry you think i'm not a member! i'll see you in the office!  angry

grin
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
isleman:

i have a very, very good job and if you read my post well, i said WORK FOR FREE. i cant imagine what kind of employer will allow its staff be wayward. possibly government work.

having a job doesn't mean u can't take up a good business undecided

i only meant it in a nice way undecided embarassed cry
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by isleman(m): 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2012
otooro:

having a job doesn't mean u can't take up a good business undecided

i only meant it in a nice way undecided embarassed cry

no offense, just surprised such still happen.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by isleman(m): 12:11pm On Feb 10, 2012
otooro:

how dare you write about me on Nairaland!  angry you think i'm not a member! i'll see you in the office!  angry

grin

come to think of it, are you the subject here. so you know your own description? common! if this is true, she only meant well for you and you are simply making her UN-comfortable. please change your ways.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by stynoski: 12:12pm On Feb 10, 2012
My office is set up in a way that all the designers face the door, and each time someone opens the door, we all have to look up. That is freaking distracting, we have complained but our 'boss' does not seem to want to hear of it,
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by AjanleKoko: 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2012
People coming up to my desk to discuss work uninvited.
I prefer for people to make an appointment, not just show up at my desk for a chit chat.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
@ MAFOLAYOMI,

Thats really serious,i mean dropping the receiver on the desk, some bosses are naughty. wink

U'll soon be on mat leave,no worry cool

my boss own pass urs,if i start typing,i ll take d whole day, smiley smiley
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 10, 2012
E.g 1 of our staffs ryt now is on the phone, Giving 1st class missiles and bazooka to the person he is on fone with, He is 1 of those grammatical terrorist  grin
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by fesse(f): 12:38pm On Feb 10, 2012
there is this guy in my office, always asking for designer names.

our accountant always asking for assistance and flash-drives

my boss always watching African magic(mercy johnson) grin grin grin

our senior project manager always calling the intercom for useless and stupid questions.

One kogi girl, always speaking her native language on top of her voice.

since we are all from different tongues,religion,region you tolerate some and avoid some.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by skirmish: 12:48pm On Feb 10, 2012
pannyman:

People who always ask to borrow flash drives.
Guilty here grin I have everybody's flash drives . . . and it is common knowledge at work wink

deltalife:

I have one that goes about to see and know the content of every document that goes round in the office, always asking what is that enen to private docs.
I see e e. I have a lot to work on.

@OP, interesting thread!
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by mykali(m): 12:54pm On Feb 10, 2012
there's this chic which i dont like, have never liked, have no intention in liking. . . who's always hitting on me.
i have thought of all possible ways to get her off m back which wont sound rude, or end our 'friendship'

there's this dude who is always asking me for money. he gets paid just the same way that i do. but he has a fetish for begging me.

and another dude who wants me to 'dash' him some of my shirts. like wtf? 'mopol men dey shoot pipul for where dem dey sell am?'  sad
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by ChefMike(m): 1:03pm On Feb 10, 2012
embarassed embarassed embarassed I dislike staff complaining when they are saddled with much responsibility.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by rhamzus(m): 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2012
otooro:

not exactly, they allowed facebook, they just warned that we use it outside work hours.  wink
I am an IT guy like you, even with a strong domain policy i can surf what i want.
My company was once resp. for researching on HIDP, NIDP (Intrusion). It was in the process of the research we found out abt bypassing firewalls. Even with ordinary mozilla, some plugins will allow you surf sites disallowed and they will appear as mozilla homepage. There r lots of ways to bypass policy esp. using Win Servers.
The best firewall on internet surfing is when you use an ISP that solely filters their network through  third party i.e using OpenDNS, then you can apply some internal rules.

But still, believe me there is no pencil without a eraser

For me , people who talk at the top of their voice, My colleague who hits her keyboard like she is using a typewriter.
This silly guy that touches everything he sees.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by sirp2007: 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2012
-discusing in native dialect(as if we are in a village or family meeting),when we are brain storming on official issues especially whn most pple dont understand d language.tis was also common during my NYSC DAYS
-packing bags and waiting by d gate 15-20mins b4 closing time
-coming 2 hide 4rm creditors in my office
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by oyinlolami(f): 1:24pm On Feb 10, 2012
• Discussing in native language (Yoruba). I don't mind that i understand, how about others who don't? Come on it's a formal environment. Be cultured.
• Sulking after being corrected (really annoying)
• Looking me up each time I come into the office everyday
• Complaining at the slightest instance of system hanging (always User’s fault, they just never care)
• I could go on and on
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by amia: 1:35pm On Feb 10, 2012
The secretary in our office is always kissing our boss's ass.Once he comes to work her second office is his office,then they talk about anything they want.We never include her whenever we want to talk about the office cos she's a snitch
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Pelycan: 1:38pm On Feb 10, 2012
spraying you with saliva while giving unnecessary instructions  angry

making that terrifying sipping noise from a mug when having hot tea/ coffee  undecided

giving me jists/ engaging in small talk i'm uninterested in, and they just dont get the message!  

one actually dipped her dirty fingers to pick a piece of meat in my plate of food!! i had running stomach for the next 2 days
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by snthesis(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
office spies angry angry
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by sashaa(f): 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
Lmao! @ all d posts.
Snitching takes the lead in my books. Those backbitters always ass kissing for favours.
Then i, hav this colleague that just wont stop talkn n cannot take a hint dat u just dont want a conversation
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Sholaf(f): 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2012
People taking unnecessary time out to smoke.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by fred2265: 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2012
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by afm4ever(m): 2:03pm On Feb 10, 2012
Dere is one dat does not do anytin am d one doing almost all d work he is hardly seen in d office once he wrote his name on d register he zoom off if dere is an emergency If u call him b4 he comes d work had already been done by me am d one who does almost all d work he earns 10times more than me it irritates me so much
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by halavoke: 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
Grammatical terrorist! Lollz. Watch out 4 d one hu stikd her hand in ur plate n u got runnin tummy, she's a carrier of a wikid bacteria!
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 10, 2012
Dis officegirl keeps preachin to me, Every day, nd later she starts tellin me how magnificent her boyfriend is, Can't type a single document without requestin for help, And wen i don't listen and try to ping ma frnds, she takes d fone to check facebook, D most stupid thing she's done was when i opend a company email for her(she inputed d password herself), den told her to sign in, guess what?? She ws askin me d password,
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by DrummaBoy(m): 2:56pm On Feb 10, 2012
I am not comfortable with d too formal nature of my offic
Calling people by designation rather than first name lik banks
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Knight1(m): 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2012
EATING IN THE OFFICE.*especially white rice and stew from all 'em green food flasks* angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by sinie: 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
Lolll! Very funny stories
I have a boss that's always asking me for my BB everyday to check her email! Its so annoying cos at times when am chatting and she takes the phone when I get a reply she won't even give me the phone to read the message she ll be doing as if the phone is her own! In my mind I ll be like 'hellooo! How much is a BB?' And she does this EVRYDAY *whew*
Then I hate when ave just finishe a night shift and the person coming to relieve me comes late! After waiting the person will jusy come smiling sheepishly apologizing! I have a colleague that ALWAYZ does that! Once I see she is the one to relive me am always soooo pissed! A particular day (on a sat) she came 2hrs late! I just left without waiting for her! Unfortunately for me a superior came around that morning and met nobody on call! Hmmmm all hell was let loose! But the good thing was all of us got the query! Plus me plus the b****h plus the seniors( that was supposed to be around bt wasn't )in fact they went round all the units and those that were not on their duty post all got queried
*smiling*
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by maki(f): 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
sinie:

Lolll! Very funny stories
I have a boss that's always asking me for my BB everyday to check her email! Its so annoying cos at times when am chatting and she takes the phone when I get a reply she won't even give me the phone to read the message she ll be doing as if the phone is her own! In my mind I ll be like 'hellooo! How much is a BB?' And she does this EVRYDAY *whew*
Then I hate when ave just finishe a night shift and the person coming to relieve me comes late! After waiting the person will jusy come smiling sheepishly apologizing! I have a colleague that ALWAYZ does that! Once I see she is the one to relive me am always soooo pissed! A particular day (on a sat) she came 2hrs late! I just left without waiting for her! Unfortunately for me a superior came around that morning and met nobody on call! Hmmmm all hell was let loose! But the good thing was all of us got the query! Plus me plus the b****h plus the seniors( that was supposed to be around bt wasn't )in fact they went round all the units and those that were not on their duty post all got queried
*smiling*

very naughty cheesy

otooro:

how dare you write about me on Nairaland! angry you think i'm not a member! i'll see you in the office! angry
grin

ROTFLMFAO . . . cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by kayswag100(m): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2012
Freaking vernacular speaking GETS ON MY NERVE!
I knw Eng isnt our mother tongue but @ least it's an official language

my worst tym is when we are in d staff bus going home or coming 2 work! U need 2 listen man!! U'd think u are in a yoruba class!

***winks*** yours truly had 2 buy ear phone 2 plug his ears during dose annoying bus trips
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Omen100(m): 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2012
What piss's me off is when people who assigned a responsibility to U that has to do with time, will turn around and be asking for favour which consume's time.for instance, the head of human capital in my place of work, pls Omen, I know u very busy, kindly me to do this, this & this, & remember the deadline still stands.
I hate that Bitch.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by SisiKill1: 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2012
isleman:

no offense, just surprised such still happen.
What is surprising about that? Scratch that. . .what is the big deal? Why are you having a conniption fit because people are allowed to browse the web at work? Ahn ahn, carrying on like they are killing goats and smearing the blood on the office walls.

I feel sorry for Nigerian workers. . .how are they productive in such a regimented work environment and being treated like children. Contrary to what you think, that kind of environment does not increase productivity. What you just end up with is a bunch of discontent workers on your hands.

Long Hiss!!!  angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fg Removes Ceiling On Hnd Holders’ Ranking / How To Write Cover Letter For Jobs In Nigeria 2018 / How Good Is A Career In Industrial Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.